Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

Photo
- - - - -

Friendship Commander: Part 1 - The Poll

custom repaint tf mlp friendship commander

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Friendship Commander Poll (5 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you want for your Friendship Commander?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18346 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:39 AM

Those who have been here for a while may remember the Rainbow Helicopter project a while back. Now we return with a new repaint poll and this one intentionally meant to fuse MLP and TF instead of that just being the poll winner.

The Town Commanders of the Cybertron Satellite program were localized Primes based off of a city or theme. Let's apply that to the Mane 6 using their Elements. More intriguingly, I'm going to be using thier alternate Element names from the S3 finale (charity, compassion, devotion, integrity, optimism, and leadership). I'll be using RiD'15 Strongarm as the source figure to paint, but not with her default weapon. For the major questions that may come up:
  • Why not add [character]? While I didn't have the idea for a "Friendship Commander" at the time, I've been hoping those alternate element concepts would get some sort of use since Celestia casually mentioned them. Also, six options is a sizable enough poll. If someone badly wants to paint a Cheerilee or Spike or someone else as a Transformer, I encourage it but that's not what this poll is.
  • Why Strongarm? Already a female mold. Head crest and turning into a truck lines up with some Prime-like characters. Even if I can't give her a full disassembly, I can reach parts with a brush well enough so she can be painted. Warrior/Deluxe makes her big enough to have substance but not so big that working on her will be overwhelming. And I, uh, already bought her.
I'll be mostly using body/mane OR cutiemark/eye as my primary/secondary/tertiary color planning but this will fluctuate as needed for things like possibly adding metallic details. Poll will be open the rest of the month to give people time to make up (or change) their minds. But enough chatting, what are the options?
  • Charity: Pale grey/purple/dark blue
  • Compassion: Light yellow/pink/teal
  • Devotion: Light blue/red+yellow+blue/purple
  • Integrity: Orange/yellow/green
  • Optimism: Pink/dark pink/blue
  • Leadership: Light purple/dark purple/pink

Edited by Zamuel, 15 February 2019 - 09:40 AM.

Spoiler

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51867 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

"Charity" is decidedly a shade of white, not grey, but anyway far too close to Strongarm's existing colors. Purple truck for the win. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41081 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:45 AM

Hmm, if it weren't the Strongarm mold I'd go with charity. It's a nice color scheme.

Yeah, I might have to go with purple truck too.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#4 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63389 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:55 PM

Applejack! ... er I mean Integrity 

#5 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18346 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:11 AM

One week in and were dead even. Looking to see how things shift before things close next week. I hope more join in because I'd rather be impartial than act as tiebreaker.
Spoiler

#6 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51867 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:13 AM

Could always roll a die! I can't deny that both schemes have the potential to be really good - more so than the other options.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#7 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41081 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:39 AM

Maybe some digital mockups could swing some votes.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#8 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18346 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:16 AM

Instead of closing out February 28 (Thursday) I'll close things out March 1 (Friday). If no progress, I'll opt for the most democratic tie-breaker possible...a coin flip.
Spoiler

#9 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41081 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:47 AM

Works for me. I had my preference but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#10 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18346 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:53 AM

Alright, flipped a coin and Integrity is our winner in the Friendship Commander poll. I request that a mod lock this thread and I'll have Part 2 up soon.
Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom, repaint, tf, mlp, friendship commander

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users