Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -Wildstrike- : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -Wildstrike- : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -Wildstrike- : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:30 PM)

Well, my main point is that it will speed up the system migration so I have A) less system downtime because there are fewer files to transfer before the new system can be up and running and B) it reduces the risk of something going wrong during the system migration.

Photo
- - - - -

Remembered when they marketed R-rated movies to kids?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 344 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:52 PM

I mean like Rambo, Robocop, Terminator 2, Aliens, Predator, Elm Street, Demolition Man etc.

I remembered it for 34 years since i was a kid of how much they made merchandise for kids based on r-rated films even two cartoon shows based on Robocop and Rambo.

#2 Jet

Jet
  • Citizen
  • 24923 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

I mean, they marketed the first five Bayformers films to kids, and they got more and more inappropriate with each installment despite the PG-13 rating

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#3 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47597 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:19 PM

The Aliens toys were amazing.

#4 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1337 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, the Aliens toys were what got me into the series, and I was just 11 at the time.  I like how NECA has gone and redone quite a few of the Kenner Alien and Predator toys, but their quality control is crap, so I stopped buying them.  I mean, 2 out of 3 of my Predator figures have had glue from the armor in the elbow joints making them unusable, and the tail of an Alien was broken right out of the box...

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#5 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17075 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:46 PM

Starship Troopers was the most egregious.

#6 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35795 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:56 PM

The Aliens toys were amazing.

Came here just for this.

#7 tec

tec

Jumblebee

• Supporter
  • 32351 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:11 PM

Hey man I find it kinda fun that was happening I was so glad to have some of the tech from Robocop and Starship Troopers as toys

Even though that market still exist just the toys are aimed at the adults who used to be kids in that era

Edited by tec, 11 February 2019 - 10:11 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#8 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4826 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

To be fair, they really didn't start marketing the R-Rated action films to kids until 1992 when Terminator 2 proved the viability of it.  Earlier attempts like Alien and Elm Street saw a LOT of backlash which wasn't nearly as present when T2 got its big merchandise push.

So most producers just bypassed the issue by making "kids cartoons" BASED on R-rated films :p  Which in turn allowed guys like Kenner to produce stuff that might have had much more pushback.

Btw, Aliens was slated for a cartoon series when Kenner was developing the product line.  The line probably survived based on how successful Terminator 2 ended up being.

I do think that the R-rated merchandising trend was probably a HUGE factor in the industry's push to expand the scope of PG-13 films to cover their butts when it came to merchandising. 

#9 ZacDeath

ZacDeath

I am not dead, I'm overwintering.

• Citizen
  • 1088 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:53 PM

I remember a friend having the Terminator T-800,and it was the coolest, most bad ass action figure that 11 year old me had ever seen.
WWOPD?

#10 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 8975 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

Remember the Dune toyline?

#11 ZacDeath

ZacDeath

I am not dead, I'm overwintering.

• Citizen
  • 1088 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:00 PM

I also remeber seeing a T2 coloring book, and one page children could color the T-1000, shoving a sword arm through a guys chest.
WWOPD?

#12 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:02 AM

I remembered for 34 years they marketed R-rated adult films like Rambo, Terminator 2, Robocop, Demolition Man, Aliens, Predator etc. to kids.

I mean when i was 4 33 years ago i had a Rambo power bike and a toy gun plus a Rambo figure and i remembered watching First Blood when it aired on TV plus saw Rambo 2 on HBO at that age as i recalled they had a cartoon weekday mornings and i saw Rambo III In theaters when i was 6 years old. They made lunchboxes, halloween costumes, bubble gum, cards, coloring books, vitamins, toy guns/knives, action figures and all based on Rambo in 1985 and marketed to kids.

I also remembered seeing Robocop in theaters when i was 5 with my 12 year old big brother and my dad and thought it was an awesome movie and i had a couple of toys and watched the cartoon sunday mornings. One of my friends had a Robocop lunchbox in second grade and i saw Robocop 2 in theaters when i was 8 and had some cards.

I remembered seeing Alien on TV a month before the sequel hit theaters when i was 4 and Aliens with Cobra were the first r-rated movies i saw in theaters at that age and i had a few Aliens action figures at age 10.

I did saw Predator 1 and 2 in theaters when i was 5 and 8 as i recalled seeing commercials for Predator toys later on. I saw Terminator when i was 4 on HBO and saw Terminator 2 in theaters when i was 9 as i had some stuff like t-shirt, a few action figures, comic, poster, luchbox, backpack, and more as they did some kids merchandise.

I also remembered seeing Demolition Man in theaters when i was 11 and had some trading cards and i recalled they had merchandise for kids even an action figure series.. I also remembered when i was 4 as me and my big brother saw Elm Street 1 and 2 on video then saw Elm Street 3/4/5/6 in theaters when i was 5/6/7/9 and he was 11/12/13/15 and with my dad and i had a Freddy doll when i was 7 and a yoyo plus played the board game with one of my friends who had it and i watched the TV show all the time.

#13 Pocket

Pocket

Hraeth ela mi!

• Citizen
  • 4720 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

The Toxic Avenger says hi.

If you ever somehow become a Catholic saint, be aware that they will harvest your bones and build altars around them.

#14 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3835 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

that ws the Toxic CURSADER...totally different thing. =]

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#15 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2001 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:35 AM

https://io9.gizmodo....of-dune-5776640

"Expect me when I arrive" - G'kar
Ryougabot

#16 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

The Toxic Avenger says hi.

I was 9 years old when i watched Toxic Crusaders and had some toys, t-shirt, coloring book and all that and i rented the movie to see where it all started! and OMG the movie shocked me even with that horrifying scene where a kid on a bike gets kid by a murderous gang who hit and runs people as the kid gets hit by the maniacs then he is bloody and struggling from being injured as he crawls to reach to the street corner then the maniacs turn their car in reverse as they in detail crush that little boy's skull as we see it in detail with his brains busting and all, then the maniacs get out of the car to take pictures of the busted head corpse. 

OMG that scene made me sick but it was an awesome movie despite that horrifying scene yet i was like "they made a kids cartoon out of this?".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users