Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Lancer : (18 February 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Make his fur a red and black flannel pattern

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2019 - 09:10 PM)

Bonus points if you can work in a red and black flannel pattern on his chest plate.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2019 - 09:09 PM)

Might as well make it cliched. Lumberjack moose male and aristocratic deer female.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Or their aristocratic deer.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2019 - 08:10 PM)

Thinking of making a pair of moose Transformer OCs, male and female. Thier a lovey dovy pair of lumberjacks

@  Paladin : (18 February 2019 - 06:56 PM)

they also have NOTORIOUSLY poor protection on their servers. do NOT keep a credit card on file there.

@  Telly : (18 February 2019 - 04:48 PM)

i just checked my past tfsource orders, and theres no sales tax charge

@  Arazyr : (18 February 2019 - 11:16 AM)

They haven't (yet, at least) on the stuff I currently have in my Stack. Haven't had them ship anything for a while, though, so I don't know if they will when I do...

@  Benbot : (18 February 2019 - 11:04 AM)

Does TFSource charge sales tax?

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2019 - 09:47 AM)

That's because, once upon a time, the people whom owned the animals weren't the people whom butchered them. So the pig was owned by a saxon who spoke english, but butchered by a french speaker. So a pig got cut up into PORC chops.

@  unluckiness : (18 February 2019 - 03:25 AM)

Hank Pym<<<< Hank Hill

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 February 2019 - 01:28 AM)

In that case, I don't see anything wrong with English speakers calling it what it is in English. Even though we technically use the French words for what comes out of it. "Beef", "pork"...

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2019 - 02:04 PM)

I’d like a Siege Thundercracker who has his regular blue colors Cybertronian jet mode which transforms into a robot mode with his Action Master colors. Looks like it could be possible.

@  Paladin : (17 February 2019 - 11:57 AM)

The cow was slaughtered in the abattoir.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 February 2019 - 08:53 AM)

It's not a pretty name: abattoir is literally just the french word for slaughterhouse.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 February 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Giving it a pretty name won't make it a pretty place.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 February 2019 - 02:45 AM)

I do believe there is an aphorism about the U.S.A. and yogurt being different because after 200 years the latter will have a culture.

@  Maruten : (16 February 2019 - 11:30 PM)

There's another word for "abattoir"?! Honestly you people, "slaughterhouse" is a bit on the nose.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 February 2019 - 10:09 PM)

I learned this week that the French-style term abattoir is prevalent in the UK/Commonwealth in place of where U.S.-American Anglophones would say "slaughterhouse". Fascinating.

@  MEDdMI : (16 February 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Nonsense. Everybody loves all my posts.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (16 February 2019 - 08:27 PM)

Or dislike them. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Wish we could like the shout posts...

@  Patch : (16 February 2019 - 04:26 PM)

Uh oh. Here comes a flock of Wah-Wahs.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (16 February 2019 - 10:54 AM)

Oh, that makes more sense.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2019 - 07:31 AM)

Haven't given it to him yet. Not sure when I will, but soon. Wah Wah is what he calls any vehicle with a siren, and the little bugger just LOVES firetrucks. So I got him a rescue bot heatwave.

@  repowers : (16 February 2019 - 02:41 AM)

I hope he said "You've given me a wah-wah"

@  Dekafox : (16 February 2019 - 12:48 AM)

A red panda?

@  Rodimus Supreme : (15 February 2019 - 11:06 PM)

*WAH

@  Rodimus Supreme : (15 February 2019 - 11:05 PM)

THE HECK IS A WHAH WAH?!?!?!

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2019 - 08:54 PM)

Yay! My nephew's Wah Wah showed up today!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 February 2019 - 08:12 PM)

BotBots are GLORIOUS

@  Pennpenn : (14 February 2019 - 07:07 PM)

A day best ignored if you're not the target demographic. Can be difficult sometimes though.

@  Paladin : (14 February 2019 - 11:55 AM)

Valentine's Day. bummer.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Or you could come to canada, where bureaucracy is a publically funded art form! So garbage and used condoms trying to make a statement about something or other, not entirely sure what.

@  Nevermore : (14 February 2019 - 06:10 AM)

We've turned it into an art form.

@  Nevermore : (14 February 2019 - 06:10 AM)

You think you know bureaucracy, but you've never been to Germany.

@  RichardT1977 : (13 February 2019 - 11:48 PM)

I think a better counterpart would be "society".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 February 2019 - 11:24 PM)

Sounds like the cobra effect.

@  Echowarrior : (13 February 2019 - 05:58 PM)

I think a better counterpart for it would be bureaucracy.

@  MEDdMI : (13 February 2019 - 08:33 AM)

Is Verbesserschlimmerung a change that was intented to make things worse but made them better instead?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 February 2019 - 07:35 AM)

We have a similar word in english "government".

@  Nevermore : (13 February 2019 - 06:05 AM)

The meaning of this word is: A change that was intended as an improvement but ended up making things worse.

@  Nevermore : (13 February 2019 - 06:04 AM)

It's a portmanteau of "Verbesserung", which means "improvement", and "Verschlimmerung", which means "worsening".

@  Nevermore : (13 February 2019 - 06:04 AM)

Your new German word for today: Verschlimmbesserung.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 February 2019 - 02:17 PM)

Fortunately it's been long enough now that the possibility exists another label like Shout Factory or Arrow could pick it up and give it an updated release.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 February 2019 - 02:16 PM)

It's the same with their Dawn of the Dead blu-ray, and several others

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 February 2019 - 02:11 PM)

In Volcano's case it isn't so much a case just of amazon or eBay sellers... it looks like rather than releasing it directly, Fox licensed it out to Starz/Anchor Bay, and it's subsequently gone out of print

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 February 2019 - 01:28 PM)

There's Amazon sellers for you.

@  Telly : (12 February 2019 - 12:49 PM)

thought about buying volcano on bluray last night, until i saw the price on amazon: $135. the used ones arent much cheaper at $90. i know the 3p sellers can set any price they want, but come on. $90-$135 for a 20 year old movie that was only so-so?

@  unluckiness : (12 February 2019 - 05:12 AM)

GOt my hopes up there for a bit. Last I heard it was nebulously in 2019.

Photo
- - - - -

the Aladdin remake

44 replies to this topic

#21 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2780 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Watched the trailer and frankly, I do not like the look of Genie at all, he looks horrible, clearly those who wanted the Genie to be blue won but are likely regreting that train of thoughts! In all I am not impressed with this, everything I seen in regards to Aladdin says this movie will not capture the magic of the original and will fail badly due to a number of factors including political correctness, they should make the Genie a completely CGI character with someone who known for their comical talent as the voice, not an actor who more known for action roles. I think Disney's best live action hit of the year will likely be Lion King as I'm not impressed by Aladdin or Dumbo!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#22 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6549 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

I'm baffled as to why Aladdin and Jasmine are wearing the wrong colored clothes.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#23 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63912 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Didn't look that bad to me. No worse than the other Disney live action remakes.

ACItEK8.png

#24 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 13550 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:10 PM

... please, please, let this be the one that kills the live-action Disney remakes.

I'm not strong enough to handle the prospects of a live-action Lilo and Stitch.

No, no, I need to see the garbage-tier animatronic Stitch puppet they come up with.  It's going to be fried gold.

#25 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 44849 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

I think Disney's best live action hit of the year will likely be Lion King

I hate the fact it's being billed as live action when it's not. It's just realistic CG style rather than Disney's typical CG style.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#26 tec

tec

Kick the tires & light the fires

• Supporter
  • 29623 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

The only one that might be fun to see live action would be Herc due to the greek mythology angle

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#27 unluckiness

unluckiness

OH MY COD

• Citizen
  • 18202 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:50 PM

... please, please, let this be the one that kills the live-action Disney remakes.

No, no, I need to see the garbage-tier animatronic Stitch puppet they come up with.  It's going to be fried gold.

They CGI'd a parrot, a monkey and an immobile tiger head rock. You think they're going to make practical effects for an alien genetic experiment?

Didn't look that bad to me. No worse than the other Disney live action remakes.

There's yer problem. 

Edit: Also:

ea7UNf5.png

lol

Edited by unluckiness, 11 February 2019 - 11:14 PM.

xOyvpt9.png

#28 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26959 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:55 PM

I hate the fact it's being billed as live action when it's not. It's just realistic CG style rather than Disney's typical CG style.

It's basically another go-round with what they did for Dinosaur.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#29 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10532 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:57 PM

It's basically another go-round with what they did for Dinosaur.

In this case, though, I believe the entire film is this hyper-realistic CGI, whereas Dinosaur was CG characters against a live-action background.

#30 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4759 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:26 AM

They've got to do something with the assets from Stitch's Great Escape...

#31 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2780 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

I just showed my Dad images of the original Genie followed up by the Will Smith verison and he said "He looks like a gone off verison of the Jolly Green Giant!"

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#32 Glenn

Glenn

Sitting next to me may result in Smart-ass poisoning

• Supporter
  • 10146 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:48 PM

So for those who aren’t willing to give it chance because ‘It’s not Robin Williams’ I offer you the mans own words

“Change is not popular; we are creatures of habit as human beings. “I want it to be the way it was.” But if you continue the way it was there will be no “is.”

#33 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10532 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

I'm not opposed to someone else taking on the role... but nothing I've ever seen Will Smith do has convinced me that he's well-suited to the type of humor that was Genie's shtick. The character would need to be changed significantly, and that I don't think I'll like.

But either way, the look of Genie doesn't bother me nearly as much as how cheap some of those scenes looked overall. Not the aesthetic I'd have chosen for this live-action remake... maybe Disney stretched themselves too thin with three of them in one year.

#34 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6021 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:47 PM

So for those who aren’t willing to give it chance because ‘It’s not Robin Williams’ I offer you the mans own words

“Change is not popular; we are creatures of habit as human beings. “I want it to be the way it was.” But if you continue the way it was there will be no “is.”

With all due respect, "It's not Robin Williams" is not even in the top five of  problems everybody has with this.

j1GI7Gi.gif

#35 Glenn

Glenn

Sitting next to me may result in Smart-ass poisoning

• Supporter
  • 10146 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:54 PM

Not here maybe, but it’s something I’ve been seeing be said.

#36 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32474 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:00 PM

1) This Jafar sucks.
2) Everything looks cheap.
3) Genie is creeping me out.

I can accept someone else playing Genie, because what Robin Williams did will always be with us.

What I can't accept, is an ill-conceived, cheap-looking cash-grab.
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#37 unluckiness

unluckiness

OH MY COD

• Citizen
  • 18202 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

I don't care that it's not Robin Williams. It's that it's Will Smith playing Will Smith like every movie he's been in since the mid-2000's

xOyvpt9.png

#38 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26959 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

I liked Dan Castellaneta's performance as Genie in the Aladdin TV series. I've no problem with someone who isn't Robin Williams playing Genie. My problem with this version of Genie is that his face just being Will Smith's real face grafted onto Genie's cartoonish head and body is utterly hideous.

And that Smith is basically playing Genie as simply the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air pretending to be a genie, rather than playing Genie as, well, Genie.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#39 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6498 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

I'm not prepared to write Smith off with so little of the performance on display. I don't know why they chose him, I wouldn't choose him, but I don't think it's impossible that their script plus his Genie ends up being something good. I do look at that teaser though and think... really? Really? 

I still have faith that there'll be a fun family flick fere here. I trust Disney. This is not going to be 1992's Aladdin, but being 2019's Aladdin will probably be okay. If the new songs are good! "Dudes from La La Land" doesn't bode well but hopefully Menken can sort them out. Drives me mad when these dudes do remakes and ignore all the new songs they already wrote for Broadway.

But  - Frank Welker, woo.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#40 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

TMM's Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 12662 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Oh! You guys, we forgot to ask a really important question.

.....Is Will Smith going to do a Genie rap? 8D

*pic to be fixed later*

Stuff for sale  |  SoRe Webcomic | Deviant Art

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users