Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

Photo

GEBRAIC MALFUNCTION

Transformer History War of Cybertron Cojunx Endura

No replies to this topic

#1 846BNW

846BNW
  • Protoform
  • 2 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

A HISTORY OF CYBERTRON ACCORDING TO BUMPER

THE STORY:

BY BUMBLEJUMPER, AUTOBOT PLUMBOT, NOW LOST IN SPACE, EXPECTED STASIS IN .00025 Voorn. I DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME! I WILL GO OFFLINE VERY SOON

Once upon a breem, there was a gigantic sun. It was one of the first since the explosion of light and matter known as the {glitch}. So great was this sun that all other suns were dwarfed by it. It is what science-bots call a White Hole.

Once upon a breem, there was a land in the great black expanse swinging round the Giant Sun. So great was the land mass that it dwarfed all others. Every other sphere was only .000003 times its {glitch}. On this planet, there were life forms. They were called Unicrons. The planet was called Unicron. And there was peace on Unicron. No one had a different opinion. There was peace and prosperity on Unicron. Everyone knew only peace.

This was until the Margin of Error, the .666 factor dissented, and formed a small contingency on the planet. This group of beings was called the Primal Program. They were so discontent with Unicron that they blasted a small {glitch} from the planet and formed a new one, .0000000000000000002 x the size of Unicron. And this world was called Primus. Its people were called Primons, and their Elder was also called Primon. And Primon loved all the Primons.

From the Primons came the lesser Microns, who computed and made sure the margin of error stayed within their memory, and did not transcend to the infinity parallel of the rest of the universe. They were unappreciated.

There were also the Macrons, who worked on maintaining the planet and making sure its physical substance did not exceed the margin of error, and transcend into the infinity parallel of the rest of the universe.

Now Primus had no sun, and wandered its galaxy for ~200,500.02 vorns, until the Mega Sun exploded, resulting in a second {word not found}. Primus was nearly destroyed. Unicron became a separate intelligence, following the {glitch} of the mega sun, and separating into thirteen different entities. Only one of them remained the titular UNICRON, who sought to destroy all things. One of the others, QUINTESSA, sent envoys to Primus and enslaved some of the Macrons. The people of Primus became known as Gobots, and their home world Gobotron. Or did the Quintessons come first, and make the Primons? This was once a great debate!

~7,432 vorns did pass. The Gobots were governed by the titular Cycrons, and ruled by the thirteen PRIMES. These Primes were ruled by a singular entity known as PRIMA, who bore the Matrix, that holy relic. Now all were under Prima’s rule, and only the other twelve bore sentient signatures. The Quintessons had appointed the Primes and the EMIRATE, but were not the ones to use the Matrix to make new Macrons and Microns from recycled SPARKS. The thirteen Primes were the last of the Primons. The knowledge and wisdom of the Quintessons has vanished over the eons.

Time is short to present my story. I have only .002 brehm to process this data until I go offline for another 4.2 voorns.

It is ~18,590 voorns after the Quintessons left Cybertron to its own devices. There are only five Primes now, and their deputies, the CYCRONS. There is Zeta Prime, Destiny Prime, Neo Prime, Alpha Trion, and Sentinel Prime. The Matrix Bearer, though younger than Alpha Trion, one of the first Primes, is seeking a new Matrix bearer, for he is suffering from the rust. There are quite a few Microns on the planet, but they are in the process of rebelling against an authoritarian rule. The Cycron Orion Pax is documenting the failures of the {glitch} that was their judicial system, for our later one was much better.

Orion Pax is a gestalt, combining two cojunx and two endura. Orion is a cojunx, Pax is an endura, Ariel is a cojunx, and Dion the endura. Their complex gestalt technology would be a force for change in the coming voorns…

These things take time. Sentinel passes the Matrix to Alpha Trion and goes offline for several voorns. During Orion’s operating cycle, Alpha Trion saw he had modified the usual couple system which had been normal for all time. Orion=2 enduras; Ariel=2 endura, and so on. So, he was chosen to be the next Prime, but it would mean upgrading his operation cycle to Prime status. He would lose voorns in his life cycle, and would have to make more of his brehm.

(The Micron populace was not all Gobots; the Macrons were all Cycrons. Too, the Gobots were either Guardians [loyal to the Primes and the Cycrons] and the Renegades [the first to rebel against the Primal Program.])

~42 voorns ago, there was the Destron Virus, which caused Cycrons to malfunction and change their form, either by shrinking or turning into new forms which could not function. As much as Alpha Trion tried to stop them, a wave of new bots came about. They were most concerned about the Microns. Some Destrons were able to function in both modes; and some wanted to harvest the Microns (either Guardians or Renegades) for {power} and {augmentation}. Some just wanted to delete the Primes. Zeta Prime took up the holy relic and declared utter extermination of the Destrons. The Cycrons were programmed to delete all Destron operating systems, whether in the network or those with living sparks. The Microns were caught in the middle. To them, the world was called Gobotron; to the Cycrons, it now became known as Cybertron.

@SANDSTORM: I know I’ll never meet you again, but I love you. All of this is for you, but I want others to read it, too. It is my masterwork… I don’t think I’ll write anything else, especially since I know in only several dozen brehm I will go offline and shrink into subatomic particles… Which brings me to my next chapter! The darkest chapter Cybertron has known…

The epidemic reached its zenith on its 80,000th vorn, almost 50 million va. Many went offline, many were changed in {glitch} that took many voorns called shadowplay, where the internal memory drives and signatures, even the sparks of Cycrons would be altered. The Microns either left Cybertron for good or were turned into weaponry to overthrow the Primes.

In those days, though I refer to some by their phonetic signatures, each Cycron was a collection of numbers or equations. Such as like Orion Pax, whose signature was 0VPX2. Only the Primes had complex signatures.

OVPX2 and many others did not combat the spread of the virus directly, but instead combatted the rust which spread in some areas of the globe or built structures for the overpopulating planet. Alpha Trion had OVPX2 seek out the source of the Destron Virus, which caused the TRANFORMATION glitch. Soon he stumbled upon an ancient artifact, working with his closest programs, called the UNDERBASE. It brimmed with golden energy; OVPX2 became mesmerized by its glow.

The Underbase was simplifying and condensing certain quantum particles such as the rare Tachyon and its sister Procyon, called variously graviton particles. He told the Primes about this problem at the core of the planet; Destiny Prime took it upon himself to destroy the Underbase to protect the state of the universe.

Much has been lost of the accounts that followed. What is known is the Cycrons died away, and since the aberration which Destiny Prime brought upon the planet and the universe, every Cojunx would live for .42 vorns, and every Endura would live for ~43 brehm. This was the destiny for the races that followed. This event was known as the Warbling. It was thought that the Underbase was, in fact, the brain of Primus, or IA.

Sentinel Prime alone kept the Matrix, as Alpha Trion disappeared from History. Sentinel gathered the GUARDIANS and turned them into giant sentinels which would guard the holy places of Cybertron. For hundreds of voorns, the planet repented and went back to how it was under the Quintessons—at least, before Sentinel Prime died. There are legends of Zeta Prime gathering loyal Cycrons, not altered by the Underbase or the Destron Virus, forming his own group of Cycrons called the AUTOBOTS.

Every Cycron and Destron received a complex signature. OVPX2 at last was reprogrammed and rebuilt as the Autobot Optronix, and the Cycron Orion Pax or OVPX2 faded into legend.

The Destron Virus had been deleted in a matter of brehm.

@SANDSTORM: You are my Endura. I am your Cojunx. But I know I am writing to a scrap heap. You have been offline for a long time. But you are the only thing that kept us functioning for so long. The next chapter is the most heartbreaking, for it is the time when the heat of our sparks dimmed, and darkness spread across the orb of Cybertron.

Some 20,000 va, 80% of Cybertron was deathscape. The Destron Virus had been eliminated, but a new race of Cybertronians, emerging from the Cycrons, called the DECEPTICONS, turned their bodies into living weapons, and pledged allegiance to their chief program, {variability error}. They changed their operating systems to be more resilient, and both Decepticon Enduras and Conjunxes would live forever.

The Sentinel Guardians and EMIRATE XAARON appointed the first Prime since Zeta Prime, who had died in a civil war. Alpha Trion had vouchsafed the artifact, and bestowed it upon Optronix.

The history of Optronix is hazy. Indeed, he had been the full personage of Orion Pax, and his primary program was as a records-keeper at Iacon. But Alpha Trion saw potential in him; shortly before the future leader had been seduced by the Decepticon general MEGATRON.

Indeed, Optronix received the Matrix of Leadership and became OPTIMUS PRIME, and with a regale of 24 deputies, nearly ended the reign of terror brought about by the Decepticons.

But Megatron and the Decepticons proved to be more of a force than could be handled.

I was among them, as were you. Because of the Autobots’ older operating systems, the war happened in a matter of .3 brehm, but the damage was the size of a collapsing star. The result: The Transformers, Autobots and Decepticons; compromised their very existence. Some shrank to subatomic particles, as I will soon. Others went offline, their sparks extinguished, something which did not happen since long before the Warbling, and long before that. Sparks had just been recycled before that.

It is this love, this heat, which sustains our Sparks. I am the last of few survivors on Cybertron, as Straxus and many other Decepticon overlords have followed in Megatron’s example, meaning to turn Cybertron itself into a weapon and conquer the entire universe. I fled to find Optimus, for he is the only that can save us.

I hope you receive this note. I am naught but an Autobot plumbot, but I wanted to pursue writing while on Cybertron. I know my fate is sealed. Now Cybertron is a tiny marble compared to the sprawling planet it once was, because of the damage the Decepticons did abusing the gravitons for their malicious intent.

And finally—

[MESSAGE CORRUPTED]

846BNW=4422LMN

+/- THE EQUATION OF MY SOUL

LOVE IS A GLITCH: TITLE

GEBRAIC MALFUNCTION

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users