Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

Photo

Gameing regrets

24 replies to this topic

#1 tec

tec

Macrossed

• Supporter
  • 31433 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

Im over here thinking about the past and that got me to thinking about passing on that Neo-Geo and a bunch of games I regret not getting now

Edited by tec, 06 February 2019 - 04:01 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#2 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4619 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

I actually regret buying an Xbox 360 a decade or so ago.  The Wii wasn't living up to its sales with valid 3rd party support (seriously, even with the lesser hardware, a LOT of those games didn't even compare to Gamecube games in visual quality), so I opted to get "one of the other two".  I went with the Xbox 360 for its lower costs and stronger 3rd party support.

Years later...I'm feeling I probably should have ended up getting a PS3.  I feel it would have had stronger long term support, plus the PS One support and the fact the media function ultimately got better than the 360 offered.

#3 tec

tec

Macrossed

• Supporter
  • 31433 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:03 PM

I regret getting rid of my SNES Chrono Trigger at the time I got a really good deal on the cart but I bought some crappy games with the turn around money

Edited by tec, 06 February 2019 - 11:14 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#4 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

I regret buying Rygar on PS2.. paid 50 dollars and beat the game the first day.

#5 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42473 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

About a decade back: I wound up getting rid of most of 8 and 16 bit gaming stuff. I was in the process of clearing out a LOT of shit, and the reason I decided to move the stuff was because I wasn't using it. It was sitting in a bin in a closet and had for a good long while.

I wound up going emulation and getting a retro trio since, but it's just not the same.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#6 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

The devil tips his hat to me

• Supporter
  • 45600 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

I played WoW for seven years.

#7 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28226 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:13 PM

I played WoW

xC9l3eY.gif

#8 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25368 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

I played
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#9 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

The devil tips his hat to me

• Supporter
  • 45600 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:55 PM

I

#10 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:32 PM

WoW played me.

#11 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42473 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:33 PM

I played WoW for seven years.

I played WoW

Yeah, see, I don't regret the time I put into my WoW account. Granted, I was never on there for as long as some (a piddly two years.) regardless of the changing fancies of popular culture. I had fun, and I could afford to have that fun.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#12 Pocket

Pocket

Hraeth ela mi!

• Citizen
  • 4415 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

About a decade back: I wound up getting rid of most of 8 and 16 bit gaming stuff. I was in the process of clearing out a LOT of shit, and the reason I decided to move the stuff was because I wasn't using it. It was sitting in a bin in a closet and had for a good long while.

I wound up going emulation and getting a retro trio since, but it's just not the same.

I have similar regrets about the old computers I've chucked over the years. And the case of Commodore 64 disks that I stuck up in the attic, where they have almost certainly been subjected to temperatures beyond the range they warn you on the box to keep them in. Granted, most of them were pirated, because apparently the only person on earth who actually paid for Commodore 64 games was the guy who cracked and copied them, but a few (Pac-Man, Bristles, RoboCop) were legit. If nothing else, I'd have liked to be able to rip them and offer them to emulator sites, whose collections consist almost exclusively of cracked copies with those obnoxious HACKED BY DA LEET KREW splash screens at the beginning.

If you ever somehow become a Catholic saint, be aware that they will harvest your bones and build altars around them.

#13 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:11 PM

We got all of our Commodore 64 games out of the back of a monthly magazine that contained pages of the code...

My dad was cheap.. but I learned to read and program basic from it LOL

#14 Caldwin

Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 24981 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

I bought the werewolf DLC for Elder Scrolls Online just to let my PS+ expire a week or so after.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#15 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 13578 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

its not video game related getting out of tabletop miniatures  stuff.  

#16 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5297 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

I regret what I'm sure most of us have regretted at some point with our collections.

Letting people borrow stuff you never get back.

Yeah, I still never got a new copy of Earthbound or P.N.03

• tec likes this

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#17 KidTDragon

KidTDragon

Unmotivated Webcomicker

• Supporter
  • 2211 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

I regret what I'm sure most of us have regretted at some point with our collections.

I feel ya. I lent a friend my original black-label FF7 circa 1999. Never got it back, and he has no idea where it could have gotten to.

Almost Comics!
When you're done laughing, visit the store!

#18 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4619 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

When I had to move to Oklahoma, I had to clear out a TON of stuff.  Among those things I felt I needed to sell off was a my collection of Dreamcast games.

It was the first console I bought FOR ME, and my local Shopko store was really good about cycling inventory so I ended up with a TON of games on the cheap.  I think the only games I ever payed full price for was Soul Caliber or maybe Sonic Adventure.  Every couple weeks I'd hit the store and grab some cheap Dreamcast game for $15 or so.

But it was a big collection with a LOT of the rarer games: Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, Shenmue, Record of Lodoss War, DOA2, Soul Caliber, Sonic Adventure, Tech Romancer, Power Stone, Marvel vs Capcom 1 AND 2, one of the Street Fighter 3 releases, Sega GT, Metropolis Street Racer, Project Justice, Zombie Revenge.  Even had all 3 Bleem! discs for Gran Turismo, Tekken 3 and Metal Gear Solid, and a copy of MGS at that.

Sold it all for pennies on the dollar to clear it out of the house.  Probably should have just sold off more of the toys considering where the toy industry has gone over the past 12 years.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 18 February 2019 - 03:02 PM.

#19 tec

tec

Macrossed

• Supporter
  • 31433 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Two different copys of black labeled FF7s to two different GFs

Speeking of RPGs and regret I make it a stupid habit of buying Star Ocean RPGs and never actually playing any of them at all SO3 for the PS2 I clocked maybe 10 hours in and thats it

Edited by tec, 19 February 2019 - 04:21 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#20 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 768 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

"Dear Humanity, we Regret being alien bastards, we Regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely Regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!"

• tec likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users