Lots of trivia stuff to mine for the Wiki.
- The first pitch for Age of Extinction would have featured a group of former Decepticons (the "Lords of Deception") in a very "Mad Max"-inspired desert setting (with the Twins' heads on chains) that would have caused mayhem in order to occupy the Autobots while a group of humans build a huge transforming base, which would have been named "Galvatron".
- The original concept for Lockdown looked much more like his Animated counterpart.
- Oil Slick was to be in it, too.
- The Dinobots were intended to be the "Guardians of the Allspark" and were supposed to form a combiner named "Dino-Might". Grimlock would have been able to speak.
- Following Dark of the Moon, Hasbro tried to convince Bay to direct a M.A.S.K. movie.
- After Revenge of The Fallen, Tyrese was considered as Roadblock in a G.I. Joe movie (with a brief "you must be confusing me with someone else" reference to his role in the Transformers films), before Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was cast for Retaliation. He was then considered to be killed off along with Ratchet in that first pitch for AOE.
- Michael Bay was sold on the idea of directing another Transformers film thanks to a single piece of art that featured Optimus Prime riding atop of Grimlock in T-rex mode.
- Hasbro pushed for Lance Henriksen, but didn't have much say in the matter.
- Cade Yeager started out as a character named "Spike", who would have built a transforming motorcycle that would have been granted life by Optimus at the end of the film. This might have later inspired Sqweeks in The Last Knight.
- Elaborates on how the release schedule for tie-in material, particularly comic and other adaptations of the movies' plot, would always result in spoilers (as well as the occasional inaccuracy due to the adaptations being based on earlier drafts of the script), which the studio really wasn't okay with anymore following that very infamous spoiler from Dark of the Moon.
- Elaborates on how Beast Hunters really came out of nowhere was mandated as a result of a staff change, completely killed off any plans for Thundertron and the pirates that would have come from the thirteen colonies, and how the lead time in development resulted in Predaking and Optimus looking drastically different onscreen compared to their toys.
- Knockout was considered the breakout character of TF: Prime. He was the only Decepticon who was mandated by Hasbro not to be killed off no matter what. Even Megatron didn't get that treatment.
- Drift would have originally looked a lot more like his IDW self, as a white car. Takara expressed concern about a stereotypical depiction of the character, and Alvarez was the one to tell Takara that they were SOL, as Hasbro had no say in that regard.
- AOE Crosshairs started out as Smokescreen, inspired by the TF: Prime version of the character, with his robot mode styled after a boxer.
- The original pitch for AOE Hound was based on IDW's version of Kup (hence the Cy-gar), with his alternate mode based on a G.I. Joe V.A.M.P.
Edited by Nevermore, 20 January 2019 - 10:24 AM.