Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

Photo
- - - - -

The Vok, Swarm, and Earth: What the hell happened?

Vok Earth Humanity Swarm Beast Era G2 Wings Universe Marvel

117 replies to this topic

#101 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15547 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

In Superman 1 and 2 how come General Zod spoke solid english, barring his misunderstanding of Houston/Earth? For Kal El it makes sense he speaks English as he was raised in Smallville. For the Krypton scenes with Jor El it makes sense those are translated, but Dru Zod breaks out of the P.Zone and can intuitively chat it up with Luthor. And how come Darksyde annoys people when we all accept that Darkseid is Anti-Life? Really Darksyde is a bit silly but come on people, Cheetor.
Woooo!

#102 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18404 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:39 AM

I have a lot less problem with "Darksyde" as a name and a lot more with the fact that it validates this fandom's sometimes-astonishing inability to recognize that sometimes things aren't literal.

Edited by LV!, 26 January 2019 - 10:39 AM.

#103 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30380 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

I have a lot less problem with "Darksyde" as a name and a lot more with the fact that it validates this fandom's sometimes-astonishing inability to recognize that sometimes things aren't literal.

That I can sympathize with. Like when the comic that came with Legends LG-EX Greatshot turned the character, who was originally his own person according to his 1989 toy's bio card, into just an upgraded Sixshot. That retcon created validation for a misconception (conceived by an audience that existed outside of the Japanese G1 shows' sphere of influence, no less) that never should have existed in the first place.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#104 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:24 PM

Gosh, having multiple different interpretations of the same toy must be tough.

#105 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

The point here, though, is that there should not be multiple interpretations within a single continuity. That straight up makes no sense. IMHO

#106 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

"Single continuity"

#107 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9212 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

Wasn't Greatshot being Sixshot Japanese fanon?

#108 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:07 PM

Probably

#109 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 860 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:45 AM

I'm generally not a fan of ex post facto naming of things, and less so if I think that it's a dumb or inappropriate name. Or if it's conflating the thing with something else that it wasn't intended to be associated with in the first place. So I dislike Brigadoon for the reasons Kil mentioned, Darksyde because it's very very dumb, and stuff like Playback for the Paradron guy or Archforce for Straxus!Megatron because I think they should be separate characters.

Honest question: how do you feel about the Nemesis?

Hah, a good question. I'm mostly okay with it, it's not a name that's been co-opted from something else, it's a name that fits very well, it doesn't come about from some weird fandom thing, and the fact that it was named before I got back into Transformers with RiD2001 tricks my brain into it having more 'legitimacy' than it might otherwise have. Likewise, I've mostly got no issue with the names of Victory and Revenge. I fully accept the need to give unnamed things names, I'm just squirrely about how it's done.

#110 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51481 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

I don't think the Flying Island was unnamed given it was the Flying Island, but I suppose you could say the same for the Deception Ship.

It's always bothered me that the Nemesis is so very ... self aware in its name, but that doesn't make it out of place (none of these particularly are.)
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#111 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30380 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

I still find it funny that both the American and Japanese Beast Wars creators came up with the exact same name for their respective series' final trump card vessel by sheer coincidence.

Like, if the Decepticon ship hadn't been nameless until 1999, you'd think the BWII Nemesis would have been named after the G1 Nemesis, but BWII used the name first. Before any Western TF media ever used the name for anything. :o

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#112 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27283 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, your average new fan would never guess which one was the Nemesis Prime.

/flees

#113 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

I'm still waiting for an Animated-style Nemesis to be named in-universe in homage to the Terrakor leader Nemesis.

#114 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

I'm generally not a fan of ex post facto naming of things, and less so if I think that it's a dumb or inappropriate name. Or if it's conflating the thing with something else that it wasn't intended to be associated with in the first place. So I dislike Brigadoon for the reasons Kil mentioned, Darksyde because it's very very dumb, and stuff like Playback for the Paradron guy or Archforce for Straxus!Megatron because I think they should be separate characters.

Hah, a good question. I'm mostly okay with it, it's not a name that's been co-opted from something else, it's a name that fits very well, it doesn't come about from some weird fandom thing, and the fact that it was named before I got back into Transformers with RiD2001 tricks my brain into it having more 'legitimacy' than it might otherwise have. Likewise, I've mostly got no issue with the names of Victory and Revenge. I fully accept the need to give unnamed things names, I'm just squirrely about how it's done.

Fair enough!

#115 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

What if humans advanced to the technological potential of converting Earth into a transforming spaceworthy mecha? Like Functionist Primus and Antillan Unicron.

#116 repowers

repowers

I AM THE ONE OF GOOD!!!

• Citizen
  • 1539 posts
  • Location:It looks like he's headed directly toward... WASHINGTON, D.C.!!

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

It's a great name!

I mean, people name ships. Especially military ships. Like, we can imagine that when the ship was constructed, the dudes who built it gave it a name, and other people would use that name for reference because it's the best shorthand possible. And since it's a big bad scary huge ship, something dark and menacing seems like a name they would give it.

But the flying island? Nobody in the story was naming landforms! The Vok only talked about "Nexus Zero" and "the experiment".  The Maximals and Predacons only talked about subsectors** and coordinates.  Nobody named the waterfall that the Axalon was perched over, or the lava field where the Pred ship crashed, or the flying mountain, or the field with the standing stones, or any other place that recurred within the story and would have been important to the characters.

And if they didn't give names to those important places, why would they give a proper name to a thing that was only in their lives for like, a couple of hours before it got smashed to bits? That's the real rub for me: it makes no sense in the story that ANYONE would have given the thing a name at all, without us hearing it used on-screen.

** Actually they did give funny code names to the subsectors. Maybe in that context, the location of the flying island's remains might make sense: Subsector Brigadoon. 

Edited by repowers, 02 February 2019 - 04:52 PM.

repowers @ TFWiki.net

Robert is made to withstand plenty of play, and transforms from car to robot! Go, Robert, go!

Why will we solve after Robert grasps the abysmal winter's ulcer? He may change rural tailors, do you join them? The films, tapes, and spoons are all good and fresh.

#117 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15547 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

What if humans advanced to the technological potential of converting Earth into a transforming spaceworthy mecha? Like Functionist Primus and Antillan Unicron.

Then we shall rename this Earth, and it will be Gobotron!
Woooo!

#118 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30380 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

Then we shall rename this Earth, and it will be Gobotron!

And it will be ours and it will be our Gobotron!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vok, Earth, Humanity, Swarm, Beast Era, G2, Wings Universe, Marvel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users