Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

Photo

Stargirl - Coming to DC Universe streaming

185 replies to this topic

#41 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3912 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:25 PM

Loved the name drop of mikes friend "Jakeem"...and i forget what the team looked like at the end of the crisis, but it seems like the black girl with the glasses and no friends will be Dr. Mid-Nite..

The preview for next week's episode pretty much confirms it.

i usually always skip any kind of "next episode" thing on a show i like. Also, i remember Black, Female, Dr. Mid-Nite =]

Edited by D Immortalis, 13 June 2020 - 04:52 PM.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#42 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31072 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:31 PM

Great show. Is this on the CW in addition to the DCU app? As I've been watching it on the latter.

Yes. It streams every Monday, and then airs on TV for an encore played on Tuesday nights. And then get a rerun aired the following Sunday night right before the current reruns of Supergirl.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#43 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17404 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, it's on CW Tuesday nights, 8E/7C.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#44 Fenrir

Fenrir
  • Citizen
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:41 AM

I've been watching it on the CW app.  Free with short commercials.  

The CW app usually just rotates through the current episodes for all its shows, but all four episodes are currently available, as is the entire first season of Batwoman.  

#45 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6351 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

The TV version apparently has some cuts for time, including a few not-inconsequential scenes.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#46 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33786 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 03:24 PM

Yup. But I sure as heck won't be subscribing to yet another streaming network in order to see those scenes. I'll wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray release for that. For now, the CW option is fine by me. 

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#47 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

• Citizen
  • 3912 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:59 PM

DCU is actually really worth 6.99. Theres so much fun stuff on there. not just movies, but animated stuff...and The Harley Quinn show makes it pretty much worth every penny.

I'd do it again...

#48 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60275 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:54 PM

I caught the first episode. I didn't hate it but I'm not sure I like it. The cast was good and there were some cool hero scenes but there were already a significant amount of "Uhhhh...." bad writing scenarios. I don't know anything about the character, but it seemed weird to me that the guy randomly just started hugging his best friend's wife and didn't even know it? Maybe more will be explained. 

We'll have to see how it plays out though before I form a solid opinion on it. 

#49 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31072 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:28 PM

Episodes 2, 3, and 4 are better.

Edited by Sabrblade, 13 June 2020 - 11:29 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#50 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 692 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:50 PM

I don't know anything about the character, but it seemed weird to me that the guy randomly just started hugging his best friend's wife and didn't even know it? Maybe more will be explained. 

Yeah, uh, spoilers, but, at least in the comics, Courtney's father....

Spoiler

I mean, who knows how the show will end up doing it, but that's how it happened in the comics.

#51 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33786 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:04 PM

DCU is actually really worth 6.99. Theres so much fun stuff on there. not just movies, but animated stuff...and The Harley Quinn show makes it pretty much worth every penny.

Between me and the other members of the family, on top of cable, we are subscribed to:

* Netflix
* CBS All-Access
* Amazon Prime
* Disney Plus - Me
* YouTube Red - Me
* Shudder - Me

So I'd really rather not.

And Kal, just keep watching.

Edited by CORVUS, 14 June 2020 - 01:07 PM.

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#52 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

Yeah, I can understand not 'following' the 'starman isn't her dad' plot with just the first episode to go on... because its a relatively small part of everything else that's going on... but yeah beyond the pilot - yeah it's clearly just Stargirl's headcanon.

Pat does his best to "hey, but hold on..." every time she brings it up... but there's only so much an exasperated step-dad can say to a Teenager who just found out you were the adult side-kick to a teen superhero.

also... as to Pat not knowing about supposedly hugging his buddies' wife.  Courtney's Dad's name and Starman's secret identity were different names... so even if they were the same Guy.. How would Pat come to learn that his buddy was also leading a 3rd life beyond the hero and secret Identity Pat knew about?

but again, the cosmic stick works for Courtney for entirely different reasons.  

#53 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:27 PM

also, the hourman episode was great... I hope the fact that we had a green holographic depiction of Solomon Grundy in this episode wasn't lost on anyone who read the opening credits XD 

gosh berlantyverse people are cheeky 

#54 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:05 AM

this latest episode that I'm calling "the one where they give a lot of screen-time to Artemis" was great.

first. I don't think if they'd have shown me a list of 5 names to play Pat... Luke Wilson would have been my first choice... but damn if his 'luke Wilsonisms' haven't really been working for the character... the way he plays the dialog between Pat and Court this episode is perfect. 

from the understated ' I didn't think you thought so little of me ' scene to the ' oh really you don't say ' scene at the end... solid dad dialog 

but back to Artemis - I absolutely love how she's been a background character slowly developing in the season, and sure here she serves more as a means to truly introduce the audience to Tigress and Sportsmaster ... but the subtle way she's been shown to be 'intense' and especially so in this episode ...to the point that if you aren't familiar with the character from the comics - or that 1.5 really popular cartoon(s) she was in recently... you'd have no idea she's destined to be a hero. 

Until we get that perfectly made scene of her sitting there awkwardly as her parents tell her about going out on a date night... its just hilarious -and also gives a glimpse of her -off field personality 

I don't expect her to feature heavily since this isn't Runaways (lol) though similar plot elements for sure...

its also good to see these badguy's kids expressing powers... Icicle jr in this episode... Wildcat's Ex boyfriend in a previous episode... and technically Artemis now... it might be that the writers move away from kids vs adults in season 2 and we just get some highschool kids beating the hell out of each other for a season XD.

great show, keep'em come'n  

#55 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67850 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:47 AM

It's been great and Luke Wilson is great in this. And I usually am not a fan of the two more recognizable Wilson brothers.

ACItEK8.png

#56 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:47 AM

yeah likewise... but he seems to really work here... I'd like to have the show spend more time with Courtney's Mom, but the little bit we've had so far makes her an interesting character too - even if in a tertiary role 

#57 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31072 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:53 AM

yeah likewise... but he seems to really work here... I'd like to have the show spend more time with Courtney's Mom, but the little bit we've had so far makes her an interesting character too - even if in a tertiary role 

If you're not watching the uncut streaming version of the show, there are more scenes of her and her job in that version than what's being shown in the televised version.

Edited by Sabrblade, 24 June 2020 - 09:53 AM.

#58 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12957 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:20 AM

If you enjoy reading digital back issues of comic books, I highly recommend the DCU app. I read the comics more than I stream the videos.

#59 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

• Citizen
  • 3912 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:19 PM

If you enjoy reading digital back issues of comic books, I highly recommend the DCU app. I read the comics more than I stream the videos.

yeah, and waiting like a few weeks and the newest animated movies drop on there.

just watched Red Son...fun, but not as good as the books.

I'd do it again...

#60 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33786 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

A very strong episode this week, and the first confrontation between the new JSA and members of the ISA went exactly the way it should have.

However, the fight scenes really bugged me. The wire work or whatever the hell they were doing just made everything look weightless, and it was downright cringe-inducing at times.

Despite that, I really enjoyed the episode, particularly the explorations of how becoming Heroes has affected the everyday lives of Yolanda and Beth, by giving them more courage and agency.

Looking forward to next week's installment!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users