Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  JRSBill : (03 June 2020 - 01:06 PM)

bain

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

Photo
- - - - -

Dawn of Future's Past Epilogue Question

Dawn of Futures Past Beast Era Predacons Universe War Megatron Wings Universe Beast Machines Continuity

5 replies to this topic

#1 That One Guy

That One Guy

MaxCop gone rogue

• Citizen
  • 124 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:47 PM

While researching Fun Pub's Dawn of Future's Past story (along with other Beast Era lore), this pannel grabbed my attention.

DawnofFuturesPast_Divebomb.jpg

The scene this is set in features Divebomb telling Razorclaw of Predacon Megatron's demise after the climax of Beast Machines. Pete Sinclair later stated that the scene was intended to take place 50-100 years after Beast Machines, but this baffles me for a number of reasons.

Firstly, why would Divebomb be reporting to Razorclaw about this decades after Megatron fell? Unless Razorclaw's entire group went offline for a good 50+ years, I can't see how this would be relevant information to discuss. Furthermore, in the Universe extension of the Beast Era, Megatron is revived along with Primal during the Universe War. Why would Divebomb be reporting on Megatron's death from decades ago when he was revived only a year or so later?

To reconcile the second discrepancy, I chalked it up to the epilogue taking place in a different timeline branching off from Beast Machines, same as Universe, Wings Universe, and the Japanese animes and mangas. Hell, DoFP was even stated as being a part of the Wings Universe timeline, so the epilogue could just take place in that continuity. As for Pete's comment, that could also be dismissed as non-canon.

Unfortunately, it wasn't that simple. According to the TFWiki Beast Era timeline, the DoFP epilogue is set somewhere in the future after the conclusion of the Universe War, which doesn't make any sense for the aforementioned reasons. Can anyone here feasibly explain how any of that jives, or is this just another case of a continuity error that has no real explanation?

Edited by That ONE Guy, 12 December 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#2 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30094 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:38 PM

Razorclaw was asking about events that occurred right after the Beast Wars, which was Beast Machines.

At the time that the epilogue took place, Razorclaw himself had only just recently made his return, unaware of the events that had transpired during his absence. The bio for his 2009 toy, which was based on his appearance in that epilogue, describes how he was supposedly assassinated by the then-up-and-coming Tripredacus Council members, so he's been MIA for a good while.

In reality, DOFP was written to only take into account the two cartoons, in order to make it stand as the definitive BW prequel without referencing anything else of the various Beast Era continuities that it can slot into, meaning that the epilogue could not have made reference to the Universe War even if it had wanted to.

What's more is that, for a good long time, the latter-year 3H fiction was really hard to come by, officially, so not a whole lot of people would have been able to have read much of anything that hadn't yet been posted to BotCon Online. This included all of the Universe comics, so it's possible that most readers back then (outside of the hardcore convention-goers) weren't even aware of Megatron's resurrection in Universe, so some of those who did get to read DOFP may not have even noticed that the epilogue referred to events that preceded another appearance of Megatron.

Or even, a lot of folks to this day may have still not read DOFP itself if they missed out on BotCon 2006 or the Diamond Edition release, or even the Shout! Factory DVD boxed set release. And after awhile, any desire to read it may wane as the years go by.

Edited by Sabrblade, 12 December 2018 - 05:39 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#3 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Megatron's Universe return was covered more in FP material than 3H. It's kind of nonsensical that DOFP would ignore it because it was too obscure -- it was from the same publisher from the same time period, and I can't imagine there were many people buying box sets without Club memberships, given how the discounts worked.

#4 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30094 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

Megatron's Universe return was covered more in FP material than 3H. It's kind of nonsensical that DOFP would ignore it because it was too obscure -- it was from the same publisher from the same time period, and I can't imagine there were many people buying box sets without Club memberships, given how the discounts worked.

True, though, I recall back in the day seeing people overlooking those profiles in favor just the comics and other "normal" types of fiction. Even got into some debates with some who felt like they "shouldn't have to go looking for story info hidden in a bio instead of seeing it play out in an actual story".

Edited by Sabrblade, 12 December 2018 - 06:56 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23045 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

TBH I've always felt that  DOFP and TOTGD can easily slot into the 3H stuff-Wreckers Finale 2, for instance, mentions Backslash.

In any case, Razorclaw's 2009 bio indicates he died at some point prior to Beast Wars, having been brought back post-BM. Ultimately, I think it's easier to slot it right after, as there's no indication in the comic itself beyond the "many years later" bit to really put a timeline on it.

#6 That One Guy

That One Guy

MaxCop gone rogue

• Citizen
  • 124 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

Got it, things make more sense now. Like always, Sabrblade, your attention to detail has aided me. I'll have to rework some aspects of the story I'm writing around all of these late Beast Era events, but not too much.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dawn of Futures Past, Beast Era, Predacons, Universe War, Megatron, Wings Universe, Beast Machines, Continuity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users