Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

Photo

Crisis on Infinite Earths - Arrowverse crossover on The CW in Fall 2019

220 replies to this topic

#141 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

All they need to do now is somehow reference the DC Animated universe and we really will have everything.

Kevin Conroy as live-action Old Man Bruce Wayne isn't enough?

I believe you and GodSentinelOmega are approaching the word "reference" from two different perspectives.

#142 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:53 PM

And here is a large group shot aboard the Waverider!

EGeBc8uU8AArda9.jpg

#143 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30377 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:51 PM

So, uh, which Wells is that one supposed to be?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#144 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1382 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:12 AM

So, uh, which Wells is that one supposed to be?

Pariah.
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#145 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:29 AM

Newest rumors. As always, take with a grain of salt.

https://batman-news....nfinite-earths/

Robert Wuhl (Alexander Knox in the 1989 Batman film) will make a small appearance, and Justin Hartley (Oliver Queen / Green Arrow in Smallville) will appear.

https://wegotthiscov...nfinite-earths/

The Titans of DC Universe's Titans streaming series will have a small cameo.

#146 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14434 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:41 AM

I would love it if Wuhl s cameo is As Knox, to further that 89 Batman universe newspaper.

Another Green Arrow. This should be interesting.

fslookup.jpg

#147 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30377 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

Wasn't the Smallville Green Arrow among the fallen (dead?) heroes seen lying about the battlefield back in the Elseworlds teaser seen from last year?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#148 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

On the 90s Flash Earth?

fslookup.jpg

#149 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:41 AM

Wasn't the Smallville Green Arrow among the fallen (dead?) heroes seen lying about the battlefield back in the Elseworlds teaser seen from last year?

On the 90s Flash Earth?

Yes, the Smallville Green Arrow costume, among other DC props, appeared on Earth-90 in "Elseworlds". But given how sci-fi TV properties usually work, we can probably discount that as an Easter egg for fun courtesy of shared assets. Like the Smallville Kent farm being reused for an alternate reality version on Supergirl Earth-38.

I predict that "Crisis on Infinite Earths" will logically clarify 1990 The Flash and 2004 Smallville as based in separate realities.

#150 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

First photo of LaMonica Garrett as the Anti-Monitor.

https://ew.com/tv/20...oto-arrowverse/

tout-2.jpg

Promotional photo of Tom Cavanaugh as Harrison Wells / Pariah.

http://www.ksitetv.c...clusive/197893/

pariahfirstlook.jpg

Stephen Lobo has been cast as the Arrowverse incarnation of Detective Jim Corrigan. No story details yet, but in the comics, Corrigan was a host to The Spectre.

https://www.comicboo...spectre-a171159

MV5BMTk4YTU3YjItYWU0Ny00ZDlhLTkxOTItYTNj

Tom Ellis has denied rumors that he will appear as Lucifer Morningstar in "Crisis".

https://www.digitals...rths-crossover/

#151 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67286 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

Having only watched Supergirl and Batwoman, I don't understand why Tom Cavanaugh is yet another character.  Was he this character in another series?

Seems an odd thing to have a character established in one show play a new character unless there is some reason that I am unaware of.

ACItEK8.png

#152 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12922 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:28 PM

"Playing yet another character" in Arrowverse shows is decidedly Tom Cavanaugh's "thing" at this point.

#153 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

Making this version of Pariah an alternate Harrison Wells... actually kinda makes sense. Every version of Wells, even the Reverse Flash version we first meet in Flash S1, has been the kind of man who pushes things far beyond the bounds. Sommaking the man who causes the Crisis a version of him does work. It also lets them play on audience association with Wells, rather than trying to make the casual viewer care about someone brand new.

-lus Tom Cavanaugh's always good.

No Lucifer will be a great pity if true. I hope he's just trying to bluff.

fslookup.jpg

#154 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33519 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:27 PM

Pariah didn't cause the Crisis. He thought that his experiments unleashed the initial anti-matter wave, but the Anti-Monitor later revealed that the energy used was insufficient to destroy a Universe. Pariah's experiment with anti-matter unknowingly gave the Anti-Monitor a window of opportunity to act, and unleash the energy necessary to destroy Pariah's universe, and that destruction unleashed yet more energy for the Anti-Monitor to use, and so on, and so forth.

Yes, Pariah blamed himself, and Lady Quark blamed him too, but both later found out that he was blameless.

Otherwise I do agree with you. Pariah being yet another version of Harrison Wells makes total sense in this context. 

Another thing... 

So, as pretty much everyone knows, we had two HUGE deaths in the original CRISIS on Infinite Earths: Kara 'Supergirl' Zor-El, and Barry 'The Flash' Allen. Now, there's no way in hell that they'll kill off Supergirl, even temporarily. But I honestly think that they should give us what amounts to the same story-beat and kill off Tyler Hochelin's version of Superman. 

Now, I love Hochelin's Superman, and would love to see even more of him. But for the story to have a real emotional gut-punch right in the middle, I think we need the heroes to get thrashed in their first encounter with the Anti-Monitor, and we need that image of a Crying Supergirl cradling a dead Superman.

As for Barry... I dunno. We have that long-established newspaper that states that during the Crisis, Flash has vanished. They could do almost anything with that.

Edited by CORVUS, 22 October 2019 - 08:44 PM.

"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is…umm…really, really dumb and bad. " - Strong Bad

#155 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11707 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:10 PM

Having only watched Supergirl and Batwoman, I don't understand why Tom Cavanaugh is yet another character. Was he this character in another series?

Seems an odd thing to have a character established in one show play a new character unless there is some reason that I am unaware of.

Introducing Earth-2 on the Flash opened the floodgates of "every Earth has their own (increasingly ridiculous) version of Harrison Wells."

cc5uCB4.jpg
3gMyKR7.jpg

#156 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30377 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:57 AM

Well, we just got another Wells on tonight's new episode of The Flash, so we'll see if he's the Pariah Wells or yet another completely different Wells altogether.

#157 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:35 AM

Having only watched Supergirl and Batwoman, I don't understand why Tom Cavanaugh is yet another character.  Was he this character in another series?

Tom Cavanagh has a very flexible acting range. When most incarnations of The Flash-original character Harrison Wells are reality jumpers, making the Arrowverse interpretation of Pariah an incarnation of Harrison Wells has a certain poetic resonance.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 23 October 2019 - 05:37 AM.

#158 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:42 AM

#159 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14434 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:48 AM

Thanks Corvus, i really did muddle Pariahs backstory.

But yeah, if Pariah/Wells blames himself for either believing he started the Crisis, or simply knowing his experimented alerted the Anti-Monitor, its gonna be good.

also, i didn't realise that Brandon Routh is leaving Legends soon, which kindof explains Ryan Choi.

EDIT:

Wait, Sherloque Wells? Ha, neat.

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 23 October 2019 - 05:49 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#160 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:36 AM

Making this version of Pariah an alternate Harrison Wells... actually kinda makes sense. Every version of Wells, even the Reverse Flash version we first meet in Flash S1, has been the kind of man who pushes things far beyond the bounds. Sommaking the man who causes the Crisis a version of him does work. It also lets them play on audience association with Wells, rather than trying to make the casual viewer care about someone brand new.

Pariah didn't cause the Crisis. He thought that his experiments unleashed the initial anti-matter wave, but the Anti-Monitor later revealed that the energy used was insufficient to destroy a Universe. Pariah's experiment with anti-matter unknowingly gave the Anti-Monitor a window of opportunity to act, and unleash the energy necessary to destroy Pariah's universe, and that destruction unleashed yet more energy for the Anti-Monitor to use, and so on, and so forth.

Yes, Pariah blamed himself, and Lady Quark blamed him too, but both later found out that he was blameless.

Otherwise I do agree with you. Pariah being yet another version of Harrison Wells makes total sense in this context. 

Another thing... 

So, as pretty much everyone knows, we had two HUGE deaths in the original CRISIS on Infinite Earths: Kara 'Supergirl' Zor-El, and Barry 'The Flash' Allen. Now, there's no way in hell that they'll kill off Supergirl, even temporarily. But I honestly think that they should give us what amounts to the same story-beat and kill off Tyler Hochelin's version of Superman.

Thanks Corvus, i really did muddle Pariahs backstory.

But yeah, if Pariah/Wells blames himself for either believing he started the Crisis, or simply knowing his experimented alerted the Anti-Monitor, its gonna be good.

Some fans have recently speculated that

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users