Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

Photo

Unpopular gaming opinions

426 replies to this topic

#401 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5297 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

I couldn't do a console tier list. It really is all about the games to me.

Literally the only reason I'd ever get one console over another is because it was getting a game I really wanted to play.

That's the closest I have to a ranking system. Like my current ranking for this gens consoles would be PS4 on top, Switch/Wii U, then last with the XboxOne. 

Simply because the Xboxone has zero exclusives.(Or so it feels right now) I only got it for Killer Instinct pretty much.

Ironic given last gen it was Xbox360, Wii, then the PS3.

PS3 was the last system I finally went and got, and it was Tales of Graces F that made me do it.

Edited by videomaster21XX, 06 June 2019 - 08:32 AM.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#402 K Gatzby

K Gatzby

Mew.

• Supporter
  • 4772 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:05 PM

I actually only own a PS4 because of how bad the Switch Port of MK11 is. When I got the PS4 and realized how cheaply I could amass a nice fighting game collection on it (my favorite genre), It quickly became my favorite system over my Switch, to the point where my switch purely exists for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Party and Super Mario Maker 2. I traded in all my other games towards PS4 games.

Signatures are overrated.

#403 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42473 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, it's pretty much all about the games. I've got a kickass PC, so I can do all the xbox stuff (and many of the xbox's "exclusives" don't interest me anyway.), there's no currently running franchises on the PS4 I care enough about to buy one, and I was sold on the switch by breath of the wild. I'm still on the switch because it keeps picking up new titles I want to play, or existing titles which greatly benefit from the portable mode. Diablo 3 singleplayer was hugging MADE for the switch.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#404 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5297 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

I ended up with a PS4 first because of Infamous Second Son, and after that I just tended to get my games for it. Helped that Destiny had console exclusive content.

And well really? I just like the controller over the xboxone.

I actually have the least bit of games for my switch. I have no real need for it's portability, so I kinda only have it for Nintendo's offerings.

I of course got Breath of the Wild for it, Mario Odyssey (which I've only really scratched the surface of. I'll get back to it someday)

Then I got Sonic Forces I think for the controller skin I didn't actually use, or maybe just to have another switch game. I did get MegaMan 11 for it to get the MegaMan amiibo with it.

Then I got two Limited Run games for it. Iconoclast and Dust.

Then digitally I have Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and that's literally it. I plan to eventually pick up Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition and Super Smash Bros Ultimate, but nothing else really calls out to me, as most games I'd get better performance from it by getting it on my PS4.

Spoiler

#405 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1724 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

I've wanted a PS4 since it launched. I kept holding off due to the cost. I finally had money saved up for it in early 2017. Then the BotW trailer dropped, and all that money was instantly reallocated to the Switch that I'd figured would be my next console to tempt me for years.

Still waiting to get that PS4.  :(

#406 Caldwin

Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 24981 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

I have MK XI on the Switch. Even knowing we're getting updates later than others, I still have no regrets and no desire to double dip on PS4. It's still very playable and yes portability is a big consideration for me.

That said, I do have a Pro Controller. I don't know how I ever thought I could be content using joycons. Those things are garbage.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#407 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39177 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:01 PM

I haven't seen a single thing I've wanted on the Switch except Bayonetta and Cuphead.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#408 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11077 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:21 PM

The unpopular opinion I currently have? Game companies don't owe you jack shit because you bought a digital game and limited run decides to release a physical copy.

#409 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5297 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:49 PM

If I'm reading that correctly are people getting upset they purchased a game digitally and then have to buy it 'again' if they want a physical copy from Limited Run?

Cuz I can see that happening with dumb people.

Spoiler

#410 Caldwin

Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 24981 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:56 AM

That is odd. "I'm mad because I already bought this but if I want another copy I'm going to have to buy it again." Are people actually saying this? They knew full well what they were buying when they got the digital versions.
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#411 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11077 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:24 AM

Yep, one guy going as far as saying they should get a discount on the collectors edition, because "the game must not be selling well if they had to do a physical version."

#412 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5297 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:09 AM

Yeah, that's literally not how Limited Run Works.

That person is stupid and I just can't say much more on that.

For another unpopular opinion.

I'm so SO excited for this. This is still my favorite Final Fantasy.

Spoiler

#413 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8275 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:11 AM

5's still the best one.

#414 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5297 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:15 AM

5's still the best one.

Never played it.

Maybe one day I can correct that, but holy hell I have enough trouble finding time to game now a days as it is. It sucks, but I haven't really had time for an RPG in forever.

Spoiler

#415 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8275 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

I know that feeling for sure.

Me: I have no time in this day and age for an RPG, they just eat up too much time I don't have.

Also me: [puts a combined 900 hours into Hyrule Warriors over three releases]

#416 Caldwin

Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 24981 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:54 AM

I didn't like VIII the first time I tried it. But my tastes have changed in RPG's. I may have to give it another shot.
PSN = Caldwin

#417 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1724 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

VIII's probably my second favorite in the series after IV. I'm not normally big on remastered games. I keep all my old consoles and just play the original when I want to replay an old game. But if they improve the draw and refine mechanics, that might get me on board for this. The one thing I really disliked in it was how much time was wasted on that.

#418 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11077 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:20 PM

Nah.. This is most likely just like the PS1 game in the mechanics except maybe things like speed ups and something.

#419 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:37 PM

Draw/refine doesn't really take that much time, unless you're going for some of the more straining "achievements" like actually defeating the X-ATM0 spider-tank in Dollet.

What a lot of people seem to miss is that Draw success is contingent on the characters' Spirit stat.  So concentrate on getting those Junctions unlocked first, and then it gets pretty easy to draw the maximum 9 (or 16 from most Field Draw-points) from there on.  FF8's base battle speed can be set rather high as well, so it's nowhere near as excruciating as, say, FF9, when you're trying to steal the rare drop from the bosses with super-low steal rates (I'm having bad flashbacks to Hill Gigas and Tantarian, and the insane stalling waiting for Zidane to do his damned thing).  Get Diablos as soon as possible and concentrate on getting Mug learned, and you'll soon be swimming in crafting reagents for refining.

#420 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1724 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:04 PM

See, the stealing in FF9 never bothered me. I'm ok with putting in a bunch of time to do something once, and then moving on. Drawing multiple stacks of a spell, then refining them to a small quantity of the next spell, then repeating the whole process multiple times to get a decent stock of stronger spells? And then having to repeat that process if you actually choose to USE any of those spells? That part drove me nuts. Even once you max out your stats and can draw the maximum amount, it's still a ridiculous amount of drawing and refining that grinds the game to a halt if you choose to do it.

Of course, it's optional. You can skip all that if you want. But skipping all of that is just completely contrary to the way I like to play games like this. So either I drive myself nuts not doing what I feel is a core part of the game, or I drive myself nuts essentially putting the game on pause to go farm spells. I'm not good at finding a happy medium. I really like the rest of the game, but I hate that one part of it.

Also, I said mechanics, but that implies a bigger tear up than I really meant to. I'll admit I would love to see something like drawing being the way to obtain and level up a spell, but then having an MP pool be used for actually casting them. If FF8 ever got an FF7-style remake, that's what I'd like to see. For a remaster, I'd be very satisfied with just something like scaling up the number of spells that get drawn each time and the ratio of spells you obtain by refining. Just make it so less time is wasted repeating the most monotonous task in the game.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users