Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM)

But when was the last time you saw a major retailer (since TRU) actually allot shelf space for a Transformers Titan? Or the Vintage Collection Poe X-Wing? There's clearly some sort of disparity between "girls" and "boys" toys that give companies justification to create $100+ items in the girls segment in FAR greater frequency than in boys.

@  fourteenwings : (25 January 2020 - 12:56 AM)

"how expensive they were" Tell that to L.O.L. O.M.G. and the $129 Amazing Surprise (I mean I guess when it comes to the toy aisle Power Rangers isn't a juggernaut like L.O.L.)

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:18 PM)

I think the big reason we didn't see the actual combining Zords at retail was because of how expensive they were. It would cost $100 to get enough of them to make a Megazord, $160+ if you want the Ultrazord. Or parents could just get the dang Ultrazord for $40 even if it didn't combine.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Because they are "kids toys" not "collector toys"

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 03:27 PM)

1) I don't have Target. 2) can't go into my walmart. I'm surprised Hasbro won't sell the toys on Pulse

@  Bass X0 : (24 January 2020 - 02:43 PM)

I dreamt my phone was ringing and woke up to answer it.

@  Sabrblade : (24 January 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Lightning Collection figures, the smaller normal-sized Beast Morphers Ranger/enemy/Beast-Bot figures, the role-play morpher and weapon toys, and the simplistic non-combining megazord toys have all been very easy to find at various Targets and Walmarts. It's only been the actual combining Beast Morphers zord toys (which are bizarrely being sold individually this time) that have been hard to find in stores.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Thought I do question Hasbro's almost reluctance to have the toys available anywhere.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 01:44 PM)

i've been trying to sell mine for weeks...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I hadn't opened mine yet, but from what I've seen, the general agreement is that the Beast Morpher zords are much better than Bandais.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I'm guessing if they're going to do anything on the level of Legacy Zords, it's being discussed behind NDAs at Toy Fair

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 January 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Lightning Collection is good, and they're taking their sweet time on making Zords that are better than Bandai's Zords.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 10:34 AM)

So, what's the general PR fandom consensus of the Hasbro run of PR so far? I pretty much stepped out of the community after I got the Bandai Legacy zords I wanted.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 08:46 AM)

that would require someone to BUY Hasbro PR toys...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM)

Well hopefully see some cool PR stuff. Wish BBTS sold Hasbro PR toys.

@  fourteenwings : (24 January 2020 - 07:01 AM)

February 22nd through 25th, I feel like it was earlier last year...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 06:32 AM)

When is NY TF?

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

Photo
- - - - -

Prime (2010) General Discussion

49 replies to this topic

#21 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15467 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:20 AM

they do, they're just relocated to be somewhere less punchable
Woooo!

#22 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3698 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

During the first season, I just lost interst, it was mainly down to the fact, it been a lot of eps, Megatron wasn't actually being a serious threat nor were the cons, just wondering about doing nothing major, when he came back, it was kind of cool but then the following ep, it was something that already been covered in TF in the past and held no meaning to the target age group as they are to young, it was to do with street racing, it was kind of the breaking point for me, I stopped watching until I learned of the titles for the season finally and that got me back in and I just went from there as season 2 was more structured with a desent plot, while the first season was more a drag with lack of plot aside from Megatron laying on a table for most of it! My biggest complaint about the series was the lack of a Cybertron to Earth story for most of the Autobots and how they made contact with the US groverment!

The toys were good, I got the FE OP, Bulkhead, Acree & SS, plus the two pack of OP & Megs, while in the main line, I got six copies of the vehicon drones, well actually seven but one broke, he had his head actually come away from his body, the peg snapped, thus that one plays the role of a dead con! I did get the voyager Megatron, he is easily one of the best voyager Megatron figures ever made, I did get the other cons aside from Skyquake & CJ, their limited time in the show didn't let the characters grow on me, I always felt CJ dead was completely meaningless and the character having a so called famous voice attached to it, a complete waste, if you want to have the shock value, you need to develop the character and give time for them to grow on the viewers, instead of just "Now you die as you aren't wanted any more!"

Looking back, I do think Prime was the last great TF show, for me, the so called sequel, RID2015 was an insuilt to such a good show with the change in animation style to something crummy that just turned me off and my love of TF has begun to wane a bit as the quailty of the shows raidly went downhill. Personally, I think TFP is the best TF show since Beast Wars, not just in look but story, thou the first season felt like there wasn't a soild plan in place beyond the pilot story. I doult we'll see anything like TFP or BW for many years to come, I'm just not really intersted in the current Cyberverse show, tried the first ep but just felt like it wasn't worth watching!

Anyway, with the third season of TFP, I thought it was pretty good at the time but reflecting upon it, now, the fact Predaking could transform was lodgical but there seems to have been a shift in focus of the show story as it was about gathering the bones and then suddenly the cons wanting to destory Predaking, simply because he could transform and talk! OP's voyager figure for the Beast Hunters line, was kind of cool but the dumb choice not to give him the fact plate just made me kind of dislike the figure, takara's use as Nemesis is superior, a simple change, makes for a great improvement, I put that down to the fact OP figure having the face but not the plate, just makes for a squished face that looks horrible to say the least but at least the vehicle mode is pretty cool!

Overall, TFP is a mixed bag like many of what came before, but at least they tried and produced a fairly desent series.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#23 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17876 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

I liked it a lot.

#24 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26131 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:57 PM

they do, they're just relocated to be somewhere less punchable

Maybe it's like Krillin from Dragon Ball. A flat permeable surface with all the nose functionality hidden underneath.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#25 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2721 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

It had a lot of good ideas and well-realised characters...but it always seemed to lack a certain "spark" or personality to it that Animated had in spades.  I don't know what it was...it was like Animated or Beast Wars was run through a Michael Bay movies filter and it lost something important along the way.

But yeah, great, arguably the best on-screen versions of Ratchet, Arcee, and Ultra Magnus.

#26 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12550 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:27 PM

It was at its best when it loosened up and let characters drive the episodes' narrative, and when it was at its best, it was at some of the entire franchise's best.

M "And Knock Out 300% Needs To Become A Legacy Character" Sipher

The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#27 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29318 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:30 PM

Rescue Bots was better.

Fight me!

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#28 Arcee Prime

Arcee Prime

Autobot

• Citizen
  • 328 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:41 PM

Loved this show, my second favorite after Beast Wars. Has my favorite Optimus Prime design ever, shame the actual character was the most boring on the show.

#29 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27060 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:07 PM

actual character

Actual. Character.

Think about that.

#30 Aphel Aura

Aphel Aura

I see a red door and I want it painted black.

• Supporter
  • 1673 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:47 PM

I generally enjoyed this version of Megatron - there was just something genuinely gritty, menacing and brutal about him.

Upon repeated viewings, I stand by my opinion that the unmasked version of this Prime absolutely did not deserve the deep Cullen voice.  This unmasked Prime looked like a child, and having an deep adult voice coming out of a child's face was... 1000% disconcerting.  In every single scene.

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Nov 14 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know there's a shortage of words in the world today, you should economize.

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 21 2011, 10:13 AM)
LIFESTYLES ASSOCIATED WITH HONOR:
Samurai
Shipmaster
Klingon
Toy Collector

#31 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2815 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:53 PM

Starscream and Ratchet were goddamn masterpieces.

Knock Out, Fowler, Airachnid, and even Miko were a lot of fun.

Soundwave got an awesome redesign.

Megatron throwing the car Vehicon overboard assuming it was a jet type is one of the best gags of the entire franchise.

"Stronger, Faster" took a cliched after school special plot and turned into into something wonderful.

But the show overall... eeehh. Season One was kinda boring but set up a lot of neat things, only for Season Two to tear it all down, and Season Three just felt aimless. The fact that Starscream's arc about him surviving out on his own just leads up to him becoming genuinely loyal to Megatron (an abusive bot with no apparent master plan) physically pains me.

Edited by Noideaforaname, 27 November 2018 - 10:53 PM.

#32 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5470 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:23 PM

It had like 5 episodes that made the 55 boring ones worth it.

Because I saw the entire show online and thus cannot complain about quality.

#33 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 797 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:07 AM

Prime was definitely less than the sum of its parts. Characters were often the best representation we've gotten of them and where they weren't, it's usually because the best version is a crowded field. They even managed to pull off giving the voiceless characters loads of, um, character. The big red and blue exception is unfortunately Optimus, there's nothing wrong with having such a flat character if others play off that, but they didn't. Character animation was great, even if the backgrounds were often lacking, but it's a trade I'll happily take. It's not quite my favourite fight in the franchise, but The Wreckers vs Predaking is probably the most brutal fight we've had. Individual episodes could be great, and gave us some good variation in tone; the series did horror very well, for example.

It's just that, as a whole, it's... kinda boring? The show took itself far too seriously and was largely humourless. It only seemed excited in what it's dong when it's on a collection quest, and while it didn't necessarily spend that many individual episodes on it, but it was the well the show kept going back to.

Overall, I like it, but only in small amounts at a time.

#34 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12709 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

The series had fantastic animation, a top-notch voice cast and a number of great story ideas but definitely suffered from pacing issues.

(also, who do I have to bribe so 3P can start making us PROPER Knock-Out, Airachnid & Insecticon toys?! Still mad as hell about their terrible releases...)

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#35 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Springer's Mom has got it go'n on!

• Supporter
  • 62548 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:13 AM

whoever it is, tell them I'll give them My money too 

#36 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 797 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

I liked Airachnid's toy...

#37 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29318 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:08 AM

A lot of the show's world-building also felt restrained by how Hasbro was handling the Aligned continuity as a whole at the time. Wanna find out more about the war? Sorry, you gotta go read some novels or play some video games for that. Wanna know how the Transformers came to Earth? Tough luck, we can't talk about that because something else might (nothing else ever did). What happened to the other Autobots who crewed the Ark after it launched? Well, first read a couple of novels that ultimately go nowhere, and then have some vague dialogue from Arcee about their having been "scattered to the wind", cuz we ourselves can't talk about that. Wanna know why there's so many Cybertronian relics on Earth? Have fun looking for a small aside about that given in the worst-written of the novels. Wanna know more about the big Autobot/Decepticon battle on ancient Earth that left a bunch of remains for Megatron in the present to create a big army of zombies? Pfft, not important! Wanna know all you can know about our world's greater history? Check out this here Covenant book instead, it'll tell you everything you didn't want to know, contradict a couple of things you did already know, and leave a bunch of other holes unfilled that you probably wanted us to fill but which we couldn't.

:wtf

Edited by Sabrblade, 26 November 2019 - 11:16 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#38 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8219 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:27 AM

I liked it, but had little issues with the premise that kind of kept me from getting invested in it. The Vehicons either needed to be better explained or just be weirder; as it was, it just felt like we had disposable mooks because that's what you do, and that made the show less interesting. Starscream didn't seem powerful enough for his position, and wouldn't shut up about the one guy he ever killed. The show couldn't figure out its approach to violence and tone.

Jeffrey Combs is Ratchet forever. He has taken up residence in my mind. When I read my G1 comics, I hear Jeffrey Combs. When I read The Great Car Rally to my kids, I do a terrible Jeffrey Combs.

#39 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7352 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

I know everyone (everyone!) moans about dull old Optimus but I never had a problem with him. It would have been great if he flashed a little more charisma here and there, sure. I really loved hearing Peter Cullen get to read lines that weren't in a Bay movie though. 

I liked Airachnid's toy...

No you didn't. You're just being a ratbag. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#40 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1074 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:29 PM

I haven't watched it in a long time, but I seem to recall the show originally had the same issue as first season of Beast Wars. The Star Trek TOS alien planet bland environments look. That's all I can think of, but I hope to be watching it again in a few months, I'm sure I'll have something more to say then.
jBU1ixT.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users