Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 April 2019 - 05:03 PM)

Switching shifts constantly is never good for one's health. There was a time when I worked overnights steady for about 2 years; did wonders for my health, as well

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM)

Don't miss early shift (and especially switching back and forth every two weeks) a bit.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM)

Man, permanent late shift really has done wonders for my overal well-being. Never having to get up early for work, staying up late, weekends off... a ot of my coworkers think I'm crazy, but late shift is really my preferred shift.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:33 PM)

(My total lack of sleep on that day might have contributed, though.)

At noon, it was warm.

On Monday, we went on strike early in the morning, I was also wearing to jackets and gloves and my toes and fingers were freezing.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 April 2019 - 04:31 PM)

Nope, right now my days are doing that. Frigid at night (Well, just below zero, but still.) and warm enough to be always be ill prepared during the day.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:28 PM)

Today it's so warm I had to take a shower to wash off the sweat after a lengthy bike trip.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM)

This past Friday I was wearing two jackets and winter gloves outside and took a hot bath when I returned home.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM)

Is "April weather" an issue in other countries as well, or is that specifically a German phenomenon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 11:04 AM)

Well, when you understand the history of the area it make sense. It's basically a series of countries buying the place, moving in, saying "we rule you people now", and the locals shrugging and responding, "okay, you have fun with that".

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2019 - 07:58 AM)

When did we all turn into Henry Higgins?

@  unluckiness : (16 April 2019 - 03:16 AM)

To be fair, most Americans can't get the hang of English, so I can understand why.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 03:15 AM)

(And yeah, Calliope is a Greek muse, not French, but the street was named BY the French when they took over.)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 03:10 AM)

In New Orleans there's a bunch of streets with French names that are pronounced by locals with a more English emphasis, for example "Calliope Street" is pronounced "CAL-lee-ope".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 11:56 PM)

I figured as much for Canadians.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2019 - 11:37 PM)

hm; whenever I've heard people talk about the school they said it the same way as the cathedral...but I guess that's in Canada, so they're probably more familiar with the cathedral than the school

@  Dracula : (15 April 2019 - 11:11 PM)

There's plenty of place names in the US like that. Around here we have an "el doh-RAY-doh," and up north there's a Cairo that's pronounced "kay-roh"

@  RichardT1977 : (15 April 2019 - 09:56 PM)

Yeah, the common pronunciation of the University is probably the reason most Americans don't pronounce the Cathedral name correctly.

@  Arazyr : (15 April 2019 - 08:03 PM)

That's my understanding of how the two are supposed to be pronounced as well.

@  Echowarrior : (15 April 2019 - 07:42 PM)

When I'm talking about the cathedral, I say "noh-treh dahme". When I talk about the university, I say "noh-ter dayme". I don't see a problem with that.

@  Paladin : (15 April 2019 - 06:26 PM)

guessing "Hunchback" just got bumped WAY down the list for Disney's live-action remakes...

@  Patch : (15 April 2019 - 05:56 PM)

We all pronounce it wrong, so no one knows enough to care.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2019 - 05:40 PM)

It'd be odd for most Americans not to know how to pronounce Notre Dame, considering they have a University with the same name that's the subject of a relatively popular film based around a sport most Americans love

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 04:22 PM)

Three or four more hours will be needed to contain the fire.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 04:22 PM)

Update from France 24: the Paris Fire Brigade says two towers and the main structure of the cathedral have been saved from complete destruction.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:57 PM)

One does not have to speak French to know that rhyming with "voter name" is off the mark.

@  Locoman : (15 April 2019 - 03:51 PM)

Really? It's an international tragedy and you're zeroing in on the people who maybe don't speak French?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:44 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw I just read on BBC News that the cause is not yet clear, but officials suspect the fire could be linked to renovation work.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:42 PM)

Oh boy, here we go with the U.S.-American newscasters who can't pronounce "Notre Dame" correctly.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 April 2019 - 03:38 PM)

Too soon to say.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 April 2019 - 03:20 PM)

Do we know if it was an attack? Arson? Or just bad wiring?

@  Nevermore : (15 April 2019 - 02:10 PM)

Religion is dead?

@  Paladin : (15 April 2019 - 02:01 PM)

major cathedral burning down on Holy Week is some kind of metaphor.

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Hard to believe a wonder of the world could just be wiped out so easily. Hopefully they can still save it

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Well, Notre Dame is burning down

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 10:05 AM)

yikes I thought the site was going to be down for a while

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:07 PM)

So, time for another strike. No sleep for me tonight. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:04 PM)

Think Game of Thrones "light" meets Cabaret and you get the idea.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:03 PM)

Kinda sorta, just with more intrigue, conspiracy, depravity, crime and violence.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 April 2019 - 06:37 PM)

So it's like a prequel to Cabaret?

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 04:02 PM)

And man, characters are smoking literally EVERYWHERE.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 03:27 PM)

Also, full frontal male nudity. (There's been quite a bit of female nudity since episode 1.)

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 03:26 PM)

Episode 6, and Hitler is randomly name-checked.

@  Xellos : (14 April 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Runa runa!

@  Sabrblade : (14 April 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Wocka wocka!

@  The Doctor Who : (14 April 2019 - 06:59 AM)

Lewd

@  Paladin : (14 April 2019 - 06:57 AM)

troutstick.

@  MEDdMI : (14 April 2019 - 06:34 AM)

With a trout.

@  Xellos : (14 April 2019 - 05:44 AM)

With a stick?

Photo

tecs video game news roundup: Jan Week 2

6 replies to this topic

#1 tec

tec

Kick the tires & light the fires

• Supporter
  • 30074 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:20 AM

Alright lets get to the news

Blizzard Bombs: Blizzard purest hoping for new Diablo news got the shock of there lives they didn't want.. Diablo Mobile prepare your wallet for one hell of a micro transactioned game Blizzard fanboys

Also plan on seeing more mobile games from Blizzard...and yet Ghost is still shelved...

(Full disclosure I do not play a single Blizzard game at all so I can sit back and enjoy this ride)

Square Enix takes a hit to the gut with not only a projected loss of money due to lack luster sales of Tomb Raider and the complete thud The Quite Man landed with, but with the departure of the directer of FF15 killing the planned 3 DLC packs yet to come out ....ouch..oh and look for more subscription based services planned...yay..just what we don't want.

But with Just Cause 4 coming out soon and Kingdom Hearts coming out...sometime.. Square should be ok

IMO JC series has been a sort of quite hit with a dedicated fanbase so I don't think its gonna be the biggest hit this winter heres hoping its better then JC3 at least.

In Nintenews Nintendo added a Youtube app the the Switch..congrats Nintendo your slowly catching up to all the features of a PS3 keep trying and maybe one day you will figure out that pesky thing called voice chat.

The president of Nintendo wants more DLC content for its games and already the Zelda Fanboys are drooling as a help wanted sign went out for a terrain and dungeon artiest...Meanwhile Samus is drumming her fingers waiting on news of her game...also Sakurai killed all your childhood heros.

tecs Thumbs up this week goes to..Is this an out of season April fools joke?

tecs Thumbs down this week goes to: Sony.... Unjustified censorship is never a good look SOA

See ya next week

Edited by tec, 12 January 2019 - 12:39 AM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#2 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30074 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

Ok lets get to the news

In a recent Bombshell Sony is skipping E3 2019 here you go Sony here is a loaded gun now go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot and piss away your lead your allowed ...Me thinks you gotta big head now your back on top and that is just stupid..

Fallout 76 is ....lacking following the games as a live service Fallout 76 goes this route but comes away with a game with not a lot of content Now will FO76 stay this way? no like Sea of Thieves it will create new experiences as it grows ....if they stick with it...Big if

Speeking of big name games doing badly Battlefield V has cost EA another set of stock points to drop thats it EA keep digging that grave

Nintendo has won its self 12 million from 2 separate Emulation sites and causing a ton of Emulation sites to practically fold up shop over night. While I myself dabble in the dark arts I can see where there coming from on this, theses two sites where making money hand over fist from roms and emulation and not interested it persevering or giving access to games we would not be able to play anymore.

Tecs thumbs up this week....Goes to Sol Cal 6 and the inclusion of 2B

Tecs thumbs down this week...Sony again for skipping e3

Edited by tec, 17 November 2018 - 09:27 AM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#3 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30074 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:47 AM

And now the news

Xbox has plans for a diskdrive less Xbox? hey Microsoft we have that already its called a Switch or tablet or a smartphone..

Microsoft is doing this to lower the cost of the XB1 but at this point if you didn't already own one you where not geting one to began with and the next console generation is right around the corner....

Speeking of next gen Sony is full steam ahead on the not titled PS5 who is already working on games for it? Square Enix Im calling it now Kingdom Hearts 3 delayed till the launch of the PS5...I kid as we know now that KH3 has gone "gold" hype train pulling out of the station...

In Valve news... wait Valve? tec do we care about anything from Valve?? short answer no...we don't play a single game they make nor do we use the Steam platform but this news is to fun Valve has a digital card game called Artifact and it is pay to win heavy with so much monitastion so much so that Valve plans on fixing there broken card game...some time... this is the company that still wont give you Ghost or Half Life 3

Tecs thumbs up this week: Kingdom Hearts 3

Tecs Thumbs down this week Valve..for being Valve

Edited by tec, 27 November 2018 - 12:49 AM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#4 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30074 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

Lets get to this weeks news

Sony to develop new portable system? a resent pat pending filing has been uncovered for something from Sony...if they do get a new PSP I hope its like the first one and not the Vita with lackluster support and and a terrible game library Sony still chaseing Nintendo first the Classics and now that sweet Switch cash

More woes for FO76 from a swag bag bait and switch to posable lawsuits Bethesda is having the best month ever at trying to be EA

And the best news of all the FTC is going to be taking a closer look at lootboxes an investigation is being open of the worst idea in gaming RNG...er lootboxes good they need to go away just put the items up for sale put an honest price on them and your crap will sell

In the not surprised at all category this week we have RDR2 being too grindy to farm in game cash to buy things with....uh no duh who was even shocked by this "news"?

Tecs thumbs up with week: New games here in my room and down the pipe with a posable Parasite Eve and maybe more Mass Effect?

Tecs Thumbs down this week: Lackluster Black Friday game deals

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#5 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30074 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

In the news this week

Bugs, bags, breaches and Bethesda More fallout from Fallout 76 and Beth rolls out a plan to replace the bag in the $200 collectors edition all you have to do is summit a ticket and give up your information...oops

The game awards have come and gone the winners ....who cares most likely RDR2 thats been out what a week?? *rolls eyes* but the big thing to come out of the awards is new game trailers and info Borderlands 3 and CTR remake are the highlights oh CBS to air an awards show as well but early reports is that its crap and very cringy

Rapper Soldjaboy has decided to enter the console race with an over priced illegal rom filled Chinese KO console and handheld get it while its hot literally

A new game store has opened giving Steam a run for its money Epic has opened up its own store with a better cut for game developers don't expect to see Counter Strike there

tecs thumbs up this week: Borderlands 3 news and hype and new NES games I got

tecs thumbs down this week: PS1 Classic being trash

Edited by tec, 09 December 2018 - 03:58 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#6 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30074 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:44 PM

lets get to the news

Like Blizzard like Activision...Why?....This week B/A has more BS as Hero of the Storm gets the ax killing most of its devolvement and canceling serval E-Sport events. without so much as a warning to the players or promoters

SoljaBoy has ANOTHER console this time a pricey Android clone at almost 400 bucks the same as PS4 Pro but rumors have it Nintendo is is moving in on Soljaboy better hope his Chinese contacts are good enough to move there.

Speeking of China it has banned a list of games from being playing there the biggest on the list Fortnight and Pub G nine games in all have been banned by China Ethics commity Rip China gaming community

The first images for the live action Sonic movie has come out and ...yikes we seen these warning signs before have we learned nothing from the Mario Bros movie?

tecs thumbs up this week: Snagging 3 NES systems for just 7 bucks

tecs thumbs down this week: Activision for still being dumb and doing the wrong thing

Edited by tec, 16 December 2018 - 01:48 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#7 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30074 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:39 AM

Alright lets get to the news

Gamestop sells its self in a move that surprises no one Gamestop is looking for help it what maybe a buyout continued profits loses are really hurting the game retailer hey Gamestop sell your self to Half Price books you might get 6.50 if you have the original game box and manual

Bungie bounces back Activision has pissed off Bungie long enough and the devoice is final in the split Activision gets nothing! Now Bungie can add a story into Destiny.

1Up arcades shown off a bunch of new mini arcades the biggest surprise is a Mortal Kombat unit 1up also says it will continue to improve all of its older units *crosses fingers for a STUN Runner/T-Mek unit*

Losing Steam Ubisoft in a upset has decided Epic's streaming platform with get Division 2 for PC and not Steam dose this look like the end of Steam? with Epics taking a smaller cut of any developers profits...yeah you would stupid to keep pushing on Steam

Did you like the news of Diablo coming to mobile? good because round two goes to Aliens who has a game coming to mobile and not PC Aliens Blackout staring Riply's daughter

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users