Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2019 - 09:08 AM)

Don't frustrate yourself OR her for it. Just keep the camera ready and if it happens, it happens.

@  Ashley : (23 October 2019 - 12:15 AM)

I'll probably try waving treats in front of her and whistling it, see if I can encourage it

@  Ashley : (23 October 2019 - 12:14 AM)

I'll try. She's not the most obedient bird, so it's going to take some work to get her to do it on demand.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 October 2019 - 10:03 PM)

In fact; we demand video.

@  MEDdMI : (22 October 2019 - 09:26 PM)

Now you have to get it on video

@  Ashley : (22 October 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I'm so proud

@  Ashley : (22 October 2019 - 08:11 PM)

My parrot just whistled the Transformers theme music

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Yeah, I think both are too old and too expensive at this stage. Hasbro/Paramount are going to try for younger actors that can do multiple films AND can be locked into a multifilm contract cheaply

@  Paladin : (22 October 2019 - 06:05 PM)

so he'd probably be sixty by the time they get to another GI Joe project.

@  Patch : (22 October 2019 - 06:04 PM)

According to Wikipedia he's 51.

@  Paladin : (22 October 2019 - 05:38 PM)

isn't Crews like sixty now???

@  wonko the sane? : (22 October 2019 - 02:11 PM)

... I could get behind that.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

Who thinks that, in the event of a GI Joe cinematic reboot, John Cena and Terry Crews would be perfect for Duke and Roadblock, respectively?

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 05:17 PM)

nevermind

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:59 PM)

I've barely used them over the years, so I'm sure they won't miss me, but I'm done too. Thankfully Pulse put up the Seacons today.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:58 PM)

i didnt complete it, which is why this is confusing and pi$$ing me off. theres no record of it in my order history. i emailed them about it, so we will see what happens. either way, i think im done using them after this

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:55 PM)

Either we're both unlucky or they're trying to force payment now for these takaratomy mall exclusives.

I asked them to kindly undo that and I got a sternly worded email about how I should use their website right.

Yeah, if you completed the order, they charged you the money now. Mine said stack before I finished checking out. I only noticed I was charged because of Paypal.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:53 PM)

i wasnt even wanting to pay now. i was going to add them to my stack but i didnt get the chance after i was done setting up paypal

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:53 PM)

If you haven't officially placed the order, I don't think so? Although, I had to request a cancellation with them last week because their system changed details about my order after I placed it, so I don't exactly trust them.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

so im not actually being charged then?

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:48 PM)

So, if you were one click away from purchasing, then they probably did the pre-authorization already. The next click will charge you the money now.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

TFsource charges upfront for regular pre-orders.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i was considering buying the upcoming seacons from tfsource. i had them in my cart and was on the checkout page. i set up a credit card through paypal, and before i even hit the "place order" button, i got a text saying that a charge or hold was placed on my card! is this normal? is it just checking to see if i have the money? why did it do it before i even placed the order??

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2019 - 01:23 PM)

It's a torture device.

@  Benbot : (21 October 2019 - 09:42 AM)

what's this about Hot Rod?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2019 - 10:36 PM)

Ex-Bundeswehr personnel, eh? Fascinating.

@  Pinkcolliebot : (20 October 2019 - 09:43 PM)

TF Roll Out Hot Rod's Presentation is coming real soon!!

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:05 PM)

So whenever he addresses his troops, he keeps cracking jokes. Sometimes these jokes are about the blunders he himself had made in his speech the previous day.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:01 PM)

At the moment, I'm blessed with a pretty nice superior. He's got a military background, but he takes an oddly entertaining approach to it. Imagine a stand-up comedian who accidentally enlisted as a drill sergeant.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Another type of everyday absurdity: Imagine you're leaving your workplace for your lunchbreak. Upon your return, you discover that your workplace has been cordened and/or gated off during your break, with "construction site" warning signs everywhere. You go to your superior and tell him: "I can no longer access my workplace! Why is there suddenly a construction site?" Your superior takes a surpised look and says: "I don't know, first time I see this." You figure: "Must be a Tuesday, then."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:51 PM)

It's kind of surreal, really.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:50 PM)

They agree that things are less than ideal, but they acknowledge that their scope of making decisions is limited. Oddly, I keep getting that regardless of how high up the chain of command I bother people.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:49 PM)

"I hear you, but you know how it is, there's nothing I can do about it." That's it, basically.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars spy thriller streaming series featuring Cassian Andor

26 replies to this topic

#1 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9835 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

We're about to find out how they stole the plan to steal the plans for the Death Star!

CASSIAN ANDOR LIVE-ACTION SERIES ANNOUNCED

No one was asking for this.

WTF Disney?

Yup.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 08 November 2018 - 11:13 PM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#2 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11304 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

It's also a way of getting some of the morally-grey "ends-justify-the-means" business of the Rebellion that we never get to see outside of the occasional RPG.

Also, more Cassian means more K-2S0.
giphy.gif

#3 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28644 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:57 AM

With TV budget CGI.

#4 tec

tec

Costume Goals

• Supporter
  • 31093 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:30 AM

The SW series was borked from the beginning you cant tell the good stories from the EU because most the original cast is to old for it to work and recasting the iconic characters is going to satisfy no one...

So you go Prequel or you now have to go ferther forward ...sigh

I wanted an Animated Dark Empire series keeping some of the Cam Clark artwork look

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#5 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12341 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:32 AM

because apparently what people desperately wanted was ANOTHER Star Wars prequel.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65866 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:53 AM

The opening crawl to the opening crawl.

I like Cassian.  But don't care much for stories that tell the story of someone that was already killed off.

ACItEK8.png

#7 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2699 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:00 AM

On one hand, none of the main RO characters (besides the droid) were engaging, so giving any of them a series seems a bit foolhardy. Especially if they're just totally nixing anything starring the likes of Boba Fett or Kenobi.

On the other hand, I'm all for more stories set between the Prequels and OT, especially if it's as bridge-gap-y as RO was. So I'll have to at least check out the first few episodes.

#8 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13571 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:32 AM

It's also a way of getting some of the morally-grey "ends-justify-the-means" business of the Rebellion that we never get to see outside of the occasional RPG.Also, more Cassian means more K-2S0.giphy.gif

More K-2, yeah that could be cool. More moral ambiguity with with the "good guys". Yeah, no. Not interested in stories about 'this is a bad thing to do, but it must be done for the Greater Good™'.

fslookup.jpg

#9 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25319 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:44 AM

Blank+_5407bc31a86aa94633ad34eac9fcc5dd.

Edited by Nutjob R/T, 09 November 2018 - 08:45 AM.

Earth is Kill because Santa.

#10 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14607 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:01 AM

With TV budget CGI.

With movie budget CGI.

"The show will cost roughly $100 million for 10 episodes, the New York Times reports."

ILM just formed a television devision two days ago, if that tells you how seriously they're taking these Disney+ limited series.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 09 November 2018 - 09:03 AM.

Yep.

#11 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5357 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:03 AM

It's shocking that Disney/Lucasfilm STILL doesn't know what they're doing with Star Wars.  Com'on guys, get it together.

#12 unitremover

unitremover
  • Staff
  • 1506 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:36 AM

I'm the person who liked Rogue One just fine, and. Ehhh, I don't know. Why not Chirrut and Baze

Honestly Rogue One kinda felt to me like something that was originally made as like a 4-6 episode miniseries and then edited down into a movie. No way they'd do this but remaking it that way would be more interesting to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#13 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14607 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

I like Cassian.  But don't care much for stories that tell the story of someone that was already killed off.

I'll tell them to cancel any upcoming plots including Vader then.

Edit: ...or Luke.

Edit: ...or Han.

Edit: ...or Obi Wan.

Edit: ...or basically anyone in Star Wars.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 09 November 2018 - 12:57 PM.

Yep.

#14 Fenrir

Fenrir
  • Citizen
  • 808 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:15 PM

I wasn't fond of Rogue One as a Star Wars movie, but the Battle of Scarif was an amazing Star Wars movie.  One of my favorite Star Wars moments ever is when the rebel alliance pops out of hyperspace over Scarif.  I definitely got teary in the theater, on every viewing.  =)

Of course, a Cassian series will not be the Battle of Scarif, but the part of Rogue One I didn't care as much for.  I hope that they redeem Cassian a bit, and move away from the Draven/Cassian murder plots.  I don't need to see the rebels as the bad guys.  I am looking forward to seeing what it's about.  I have been wanting to see more of Enfys Nest, and I hope this is an opportunity to do that.

It could be unrelated, or mean nothing at all, but Ian McDiarmid just tweeted a single word with no context...

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65866 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:18 PM

I'll tell them to cancel any upcoming plots including Vader then.

Edit: ...or Luke.

Edit: ...or Han.

Edit: ...or Obi Wan.

Edit: ...or basically anyone in Star Wars.

True.  Short of Anakin and Obi-Wan (prior to the prequel trilogy), because of where he got to.  I don't have interest in stuff from those others (and not Obi and Ani) anymore.

ACItEK8.png

#16 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34279 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

They can make me care about Cassian, I'm sure.  I wasn't really drawn into any of the characters in Rogue One.  I liked watching Vader and I liked listening to K2SO.  Cassian wasn't very interesting to me, but he was used in a pretty strange way.  He's introduced as a certain kind of character and then taken out of his element by a situation that spirals out of control. That CAN make a character more interesting if it plays well, but he wound up being upstaged.  If they write a spy story about a really good spy and throw in plenty of K2SO, it'll be fine.

What I liked most about Rogue One was the Rebel Base.  Give me more of that.  And I assume that we can get some more Bail Organa and Mon Mothma.  I don't think either of those actors are prohibitively expensive.

#17 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:46 AM

It will last one or 2 seasons. Ratings will dip and Jyn will get introduced as a sub plot.

#18 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28644 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:49 AM

It's true. Here's a scene of her still living with Saw:
SnjMY11.png

#19 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35132 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:37 AM

Oh no, a story starring one of the best received characters from Rogue One whose role probably means the inclusion of one of the other best received characters in the same movie, featuring the sort of thing that's rarely depicted in Star Wars but would have definitely been part of the Rebellion's activities, thus providing a valuable perspective that we wouldn't get otherwise from this franchise.

How terrible.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#20 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28644 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

We're talking about the movie franchise where the Empire's most elite soldiers were defeated by teddy bears with rocks and logs.

I don't really think gritty black ops agents enter into it. 

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users