Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 May 2019 - 05:53 AM)

Was that the one where he fights gamma mutant poodles?

@  unluckiness : (25 May 2019 - 03:14 AM)

The CG in that movie was fantastic. Shame Donkey and Fiona were written out of the movie though.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Don't worry, though. Ang Lee's Hulk has made it, so if physical media goes this year we can all die happy

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:12 AM)

It's not on 4K yet. Sure would be nice, though

@  Pennpenn : (25 May 2019 - 12:56 AM)

Probably, when I remember to.

@  Telly : (24 May 2019 - 11:11 PM)

you should buy it on bluray or 4k

@  Pennpenn : (24 May 2019 - 09:56 PM)

It's still not up on netflix. Bah!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:26 PM)

We named the dog "Indiana".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:25 PM)

Happy 30 years to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Truly they are the compleat package.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 May 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Made from the metallized ashes of their previous enemies.

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars spy thriller streaming series featuring Cassian Andor

26 replies to this topic

#1 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9340 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

We're about to find out how they stole the plan to steal the plans for the Death Star!

CASSIAN ANDOR LIVE-ACTION SERIES ANNOUNCED

No one was asking for this.

WTF Disney?

Yup.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 08 November 2018 - 11:13 PM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#2 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11080 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

It's also a way of getting some of the morally-grey "ends-justify-the-means" business of the Rebellion that we never get to see outside of the occasional RPG.

Also, more Cassian means more K-2S0.
giphy.gif

#3 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:57 AM

With TV budget CGI.

#4 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30302 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:30 AM

The SW series was borked from the beginning you cant tell the good stories from the EU because most the original cast is to old for it to work and recasting the iconic characters is going to satisfy no one...

So you go Prequel or you now have to go ferther forward ...sigh

I wanted an Animated Dark Empire series keeping some of the Cam Clark artwork look

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#5 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11724 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:32 AM

because apparently what people desperately wanted was ANOTHER Star Wars prequel.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64652 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:53 AM

The opening crawl to the opening crawl.

I like Cassian.  But don't care much for stories that tell the story of someone that was already killed off.

ACItEK8.png

#7 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2539 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:00 AM

On one hand, none of the main RO characters (besides the droid) were engaging, so giving any of them a series seems a bit foolhardy. Especially if they're just totally nixing anything starring the likes of Boba Fett or Kenobi.

On the other hand, I'm all for more stories set between the Prequels and OT, especially if it's as bridge-gap-y as RO was. So I'll have to at least check out the first few episodes.

#8 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12765 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:32 AM

It's also a way of getting some of the morally-grey "ends-justify-the-means" business of the Rebellion that we never get to see outside of the occasional RPG.Also, more Cassian means more K-2S0.giphy.gif

More K-2, yeah that could be cool. More moral ambiguity with with the "good guys". Yeah, no. Not interested in stories about 'this is a bad thing to do, but it must be done for the Greater Good™'.

fslookup.jpg

#9 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25106 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:44 AM

Blank+_5407bc31a86aa94633ad34eac9fcc5dd.

Edited by Nutjob R/T, 09 November 2018 - 08:45 AM.

Earth is Kill because Santa.

#10 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14573 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:01 AM

With TV budget CGI.

With movie budget CGI.

"The show will cost roughly $100 million for 10 episodes, the New York Times reports."

ILM just formed a television devision two days ago, if that tells you how seriously they're taking these Disney+ limited series.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 09 November 2018 - 09:03 AM.

Yep.

#11 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5048 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:03 AM

It's shocking that Disney/Lucasfilm STILL doesn't know what they're doing with Star Wars.  Com'on guys, get it together.

#12 unitremover

unitremover
  • Staff
  • 1350 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:36 AM

I'm the person who liked Rogue One just fine, and. Ehhh, I don't know. Why not Chirrut and Baze

Honestly Rogue One kinda felt to me like something that was originally made as like a 4-6 episode miniseries and then edited down into a movie. No way they'd do this but remaking it that way would be more interesting to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#13 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14573 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

I like Cassian.  But don't care much for stories that tell the story of someone that was already killed off.

I'll tell them to cancel any upcoming plots including Vader then.

Edit: ...or Luke.

Edit: ...or Han.

Edit: ...or Obi Wan.

Edit: ...or basically anyone in Star Wars.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 09 November 2018 - 12:57 PM.

Yep.

#14 Fenrir

Fenrir
  • Citizen
  • 800 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:15 PM

I wasn't fond of Rogue One as a Star Wars movie, but the Battle of Scarif was an amazing Star Wars movie.  One of my favorite Star Wars moments ever is when the rebel alliance pops out of hyperspace over Scarif.  I definitely got teary in the theater, on every viewing.  =)

Of course, a Cassian series will not be the Battle of Scarif, but the part of Rogue One I didn't care as much for.  I hope that they redeem Cassian a bit, and move away from the Draven/Cassian murder plots.  I don't need to see the rebels as the bad guys.  I am looking forward to seeing what it's about.  I have been wanting to see more of Enfys Nest, and I hope this is an opportunity to do that.

It could be unrelated, or mean nothing at all, but Ian McDiarmid just tweeted a single word with no context...

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64652 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:18 PM

I'll tell them to cancel any upcoming plots including Vader then.

Edit: ...or Luke.

Edit: ...or Han.

Edit: ...or Obi Wan.

Edit: ...or basically anyone in Star Wars.

True.  Short of Anakin and Obi-Wan (prior to the prequel trilogy), because of where he got to.  I don't have interest in stuff from those others (and not Obi and Ani) anymore.

ACItEK8.png

#16 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34205 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

They can make me care about Cassian, I'm sure.  I wasn't really drawn into any of the characters in Rogue One.  I liked watching Vader and I liked listening to K2SO.  Cassian wasn't very interesting to me, but he was used in a pretty strange way.  He's introduced as a certain kind of character and then taken out of his element by a situation that spirals out of control. That CAN make a character more interesting if it plays well, but he wound up being upstaged.  If they write a spy story about a really good spy and throw in plenty of K2SO, it'll be fine.

What I liked most about Rogue One was the Rebel Base.  Give me more of that.  And I assume that we can get some more Bail Organa and Mon Mothma.  I don't think either of those actors are prohibitively expensive.

#17 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7388 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:46 AM

It will last one or 2 seasons. Ratings will dip and Jyn will get introduced as a sub plot.

#18 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:49 AM

It's true. Here's a scene of her still living with Saw:
SnjMY11.png

#19 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34985 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:37 AM

Oh no, a story starring one of the best received characters from Rogue One whose role probably means the inclusion of one of the other best received characters in the same movie, featuring the sort of thing that's rarely depicted in Star Wars but would have definitely been part of the Rebellion's activities, thus providing a valuable perspective that we wouldn't get otherwise from this franchise.

How terrible.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#20 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

We're talking about the movie franchise where the Empire's most elite soldiers were defeated by teddy bears with rocks and logs.

I don't really think gritty black ops agents enter into it. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users