Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 09:20 AM)

Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man because it was mostly set far away from Earth?

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 September 2020 - 08:49 AM)

I'm learning so much-

@  Maruten : (18 September 2020 - 04:21 AM)

At its worst it was better than MASK, sure.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 02:15 AM)

At it's worst it still stomped all over the failed Hasbroverse. Roberts and Roche kept their respective series well out of that one for the same reasons Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man when Loeb and Miller wanted greater control for Ultimatum.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2020 - 06:37 PM)

That's so accurate it's physically painful.

Photo
- - - - -

Things You Get Tired Of In Transformers

Allspark forum

240 replies to this topic

#201 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25546 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

at the moment, lack of Beasts. i think it's time to bring the animal modes back.

Yeah, I...

Oh, BEASTS.

Okay, sorry, nevermind...

Edited by Nutjob R/T, 23 November 2018 - 02:34 PM.

Earth is Kill because Santa.

#202 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4022 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:38 PM

What if Primus was one of us? Just a stranger on the bus...

... er, wait.

#203 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 250 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:17 PM

What if Kup had straightened Hot Rod out?

I always imagine Kup whooping his behind. I love the bot, but even I think that he shouldn't got away with that.

Edited by Roddie Luver, 28 November 2018 - 10:18 PM.

You will never take me alive!

#204 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18755 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:57 PM

You know what I never get tired of in Transformers? Mister Johnson.

#205 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3384 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:57 AM

... er, wait.

What if Primus was the bus?

#206 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6133 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

... er, wait.

What if Primus was the bus?

What if Primus was the bus

Public transport driving us

Getting lost with all of us

Tryin' to make his way home

j1GI7Gi.gif

#207 Rodimus Supreme

Rodimus Supreme
  • Citizen
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:41 PM

What am I tired of in Transformers? Hmm...um...let me see here...oh yeah, TFW2005 and half their userbase...I swear if I continue to hear more "GeEwUnN iS tHe OnLy ReAl​ TrAnSfOrMeRs!!!!!111", I'm gonna end up choking someone...

Also, can we PLEASE stop having Bumblebee be in EVERYTHING?!?!?! ESPECIALLY as the leader?! Ain't nothing wrong with having more than one kid appeal character​. I vote we bring Hot Shot back (no, I'm not really counting Rescue Bots Academy). Bumblebee can be there, but Hot Rod and​ Hot Shot too would be nice. It'll be nice when all the excess Bumblebee Movie crap is off the shelves.

Edited by Rodimus Supreme, 29 November 2018 - 06:42 PM.

#208 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:18 PM

I'd be interested in something more like, what if the Battle of Autobot City hadn't happened at all? Like what if the shuttle had gotten away, what if the Autobots had spotted Laserbeak and never launched to begin with, what if Prowl & co. used some clever tactic to just dump all the invading 'cons into space, etc etc. 

So basically all the pre-movie players are still in place when Unicron arrives, no Galvatron, etc.  And the whole storyline revolves around holding off Unicron until a way is found to defeat him.

There are about a billion better ways to choose from than what Deviations actually did, really.  What if Optimus had been on the first shuttle and somehow ended dead and reformatted by Unicron?  What if Unicron never came into it and Optimus killed Megatron?  So many possibilities, but NOPE, gotta crap on Hot Rod instead.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#209 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:41 AM

What if when all hell's breaking loose, you're not riding the eye of the storm?

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#210 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27547 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:15 AM

I'd be interested in something more like, what if the Battle of Autobot City hadn't happened at all? Like what if the shuttle had gotten away, what if the Autobots had spotted Laserbeak and never launched to begin with, what if Prowl & co. used some clever tactic to just dump all the invading 'cons into space, etc etc. 

So basically all the pre-movie players are still in place when Unicron arrives, no Galvatron, etc.  And the whole storyline revolves around holding off Unicron until a way is found to defeat him.

There are about a billion better ways to choose from than what Deviations actually did, really.  What if Optimus had been on the first shuttle and somehow ended dead and reformatted by Unicron?  What if Unicron never came into it and Optimus killed Megatron?  So many possibilities, but NOPE, gotta crap on Hot Rod instead.
Really, the question asked by Deviations is "what if everyone hated Hot Rod for absolutely no reason?"

Fun fact: my phone seems to agree, as starting from the word "Hot" it suggested every word for the rest of the sentence.

#211 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3384 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

"The Autobots don't fly.  The Decepticons do." thing

#212 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23083 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:20 AM

*Revives Thread*

Making accuracy to a source material a priority is design poison for Transformers, honestly. It always results in overwrought bullshit when a different or simpler design would have captured the character just as well and made for like. 

A Fun Toy.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 01 October 2019 - 02:21 AM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#213 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42562 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

It's why the GF's kiddo doesn't ask for current toys - they're all too complicated or fiddly or just plan fall apart when he wants to actually play with them. Cuz he's a kid and doesn't want the arm falling off when he's trying to have one of them punch another one. 

(Or they're Cyberverse and go the other way, not letting him punch or kick or walk or dance the way he wants them to move. Also... Cyberverse ball joints seem particularly prone to getting looser quicker. Sky-Byte went from the most popular toy in the toy box to the lease played with, when his elbows gave out.)

So I'm going back to TF Prime and some RiD to bolster his shelves. He's not complained about it at all.

#214 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2516 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:42 AM

My nephew had a similar problem with movie designs.  Their 'transform it just right or something goes catastrophically wrong' did not work for him. Weirdly, his favorite of what I have is Energon Megatron, Cyberverse Optimus Prime with the small trailer, and Universe Nemesis Prime.  He likes Nemesis Prime so much I painted a solid rubber mammoth up in the same colors to be the stunt double. Nowadays as he's getting older and is trying to play with things that I'd rather he didn't, I've just had to work with the fact that a toy robot collection and a little boy will collide, violently.  It's the natural order of things.  So I've started making sure things I get are at least durable enough to survive him. Hence why I have CW Devastator with the hollow pegs reinforced with metal pin inserts, and ROTF Devastator will never see my house.

#215 ssg4life

ssg4life
  • Supporter
  • 2397 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:58 PM

i'm gettin real tired of so many optimus prime toys in every line. i get it, he's the big face of the franchise. but, come on, do we need 3 leader class optimus primes in 3 consecutive toy lines?  give us someone like thunderclash, at least at the start of the line then save prime for last. sure, it means i'm not gonna spend a lot of money not buying these figures time and time again, but i'd like to spend money and expand my collection with characters we rarely or never get (premium does a good job of this now, even though i hate buying online)

#216 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

I liked when it wasn't literally the same G1 design every time.  Like, just keep the basics of the head and some variation of the chest windows, then mix up the rest and people will still buy it.  Hell, Armada Optimus Prime proved you only really need to keep the head design to make a recognizable Optimus.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#217 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27547 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:38 AM

In fairness, between TR and Siege we've gotten three different recent Optimodes who aren't making any kind of attempt to look like the G1 animation model (and the fandom shat on all three of them for dumb reasons).

#218 RYNO

RYNO

Ready to Roll Out

• Citizen
  • 5589 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:39 AM

Oh this is a thing.... Ok strap in....

1. Bumblebee needs his voice back.

2. Bumblebee needs to take a back seat.... Let the guy just be a plucky backplayer

3. Need more Wreckers.... Give them a cartoon series.

4. Why does Earth have to always be magically tied to Cyberton, why can't it just be some random ass planet they crashed on.

5. Let's drop humans, and being side kicks for a season or two, or ten.

6. Too many damn toylines, and sizes. Hard to keep up when there are like 4-5 different lines all coming out at the same time, all competing for the same shelf space.

7. Give HotRod/Rodimus Prime a change to shine.

8. Why the hell is Optimus Prime a boring ass stick in the mud. Lets roll him back, and make him enjoyable, and not just a wall of blandness, or daddy knows best gravitas.

9. Give us a non-earth series. Tired of boring earth.

10. How about a series of players that rarely see the light. Give us a series with Cosmos, Seaspray, Star Saber, hell I'll even take Drift at this point.

11. Stop giving the Decepticons and Megatron the Wicked Treatment. They don't need to be good or relatable. They don't need to just be evil too, but give them something relatable... Maybe the Netflix She-Ra villain treatment. That would be different.

12. Whatever happened to non-decepticon enemies, like the Quints, Vok, even RAAT, Circuit Breaker. Lets get some variety in this world.

Ok, ok getting off my soap box for now. 

#219 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11831 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:07 AM

I liked when it wasn't literally the same G1 design every time.  Like, just keep the basics of the head and some variation of the chest windows, then mix up the rest and people will still buy it.  Hell, Armada Optimus Prime proved you only really need to keep the head design to make a recognizable Optimus.

It also makes it easier for those of us who don't want multiple Optimii in our collections and want to be able to repurpose them.

#220 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31038 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:22 AM

Oh this is a thing.... Ok strap in....

1. Bumblebee needs his voice back.

2. Bumblebee needs to take a back seat.... Let the guy just be a plucky backplayer

3. Need more Wreckers.... Give them a cartoon series.

4. Why does Earth have to always be magically tied to Cyberton, why can't it just be some random ass planet they crashed on.

5. Let's drop humans, and being side kicks for a season or two, or ten.

6. Too many damn toylines, and sizes. Hard to keep up when there are like 4-5 different lines all coming out at the same time, all competing for the same shelf space.

7. Give HotRod/Rodimus Prime a change to shine.

8. Why the hell is Optimus Prime a boring ass stick in the mud. Lets roll him back, and make him enjoyable, and not just a wall of blandness, or daddy knows best gravitas.

9. Give us a non-earth series. Tired of boring earth.

10. How about a series of players that rarely see the light. Give us a series with Cosmos, Seaspray, Star Saber, hell I'll even take Drift at this point.

11. Stop giving the Decepticons and Megatron the Wicked Treatment. They don't need to be good or relatable. They don't need to just be evil too, but give them something relatable... Maybe the Netflix She-Ra villain treatment. That would be different.

12. Whatever happened to non-decepticon enemies, like the Quints, Vok, even RAAT, Circuit Breaker. Lets get some variety in this world.

Ok, ok getting off my soap box for now. 

Points 1, 2, kinda 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, kinda 9, kinda 10, and 12 are all covered by Season 2 of the Cyberverse cartoon.

And, of course, Rescue Bots Academy stars nothing but lesser-knowns, also covering Point 10.

Edited by Sabrblade, 02 October 2019 - 11:25 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users