Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 02:04 PM)

The problem is that many employees just accept their termination, no matter how unjust. Either they don't want to go through the hassle, or because of some lame "I wouldn't want to work there anymore anyways" attitude. Even though i the latter case, they could at least get a settlement out of it, which is still better than "no job and nothing".

@  fourteenwings : (22 November 2019 - 07:32 AM)

"any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks" By golly gee I do wonder why employers are so keen to make sure they don't get sued.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:01 AM)

It's basically the same as someone tricking you into signing a contract you have no need for. Smart employees with balls just respond to such an offer with "You want to terminate me? For what reason exactly?"

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:00 AM)

And on average, a wrongful termination lawsuit, though more of a strain for the employee, will often result in better conditions (worst case: a settlement fee; best case: employment reinstated by the court) than whatever nonsense the employer is putting in the termination agreement.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:58 AM)

That's obviously complete bull. Under German law, any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks. A termination agreement... is a binding contract.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:57 AM)

A very nasty tactic by many German employers: Inviting an employee to a talk out of the blue, suggesting that things don't look good and a termination (for whatever reason) is about to happen, but they're being "nice" and offer the employee a termination agreement to end the working relationship on "good terms".

@  Ashley : (22 November 2019 - 02:12 AM)

what manufacturer is that? I'm trying to find a US source

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/other-action-figures-and-playsets/alien-queen/p/185041

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

I've already found the best toy of 2020: a foot tall, fully articulated (20 points) Alien Queen for a fraction of what Neca or anyone else would charge

@  Telly : (21 November 2019 - 09:46 PM)

no minerva toys until i get my devcon :p

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 November 2019 - 08:28 PM)

Paladin keeps saying this every time they reveal another toy of an early character, including the first Earthrise reveals even though that had Micromasters.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 03:20 PM)

I'll concede the Titan Masters, but Magnus Prime is an existing mold, Liokaiser is a set of repaints, and Metalhawk is a repaint and prominently featured in IDW.

@  Cyoti : (21 November 2019 - 12:14 PM)

And Ginrai aka "Magnus Prime, Metalhawk, "Liokaiser", etc. The real characters that Warden actually doesn't know about are the late EuroUK characters like the Turbomasters/Predators

@  Sabrblade : (21 November 2019 - 11:06 AM)

Warden and Friends did give us a Lione (Sawback) and a Shuffler

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 07:26 AM)

Or prominently featured in IDW, or an easy repaint of an existing toy.

@  Paladin : (21 November 2019 - 07:12 AM)

was she in the first 3 seasons of the cartoon? If not then she's on no one's list because they don't think she exists.

@  Cyoti : (20 November 2019 - 11:23 PM)

It's probably stuck on the low priority end of Warden's to-do list.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 November 2019 - 10:45 PM)

Because the only full-body Nightbeat was that Bumblebee with a new head one.

@  Bass X0 : (20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM)

Why has there been no new Minerva toys? I’m surprised at Takara. The Titan Master head doesn’t count.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

Photo
- - - - -

Jinkies! Scooby Doo General Discussion Thread

79 replies to this topic

#61 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5277 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:42 AM

The plot could be anything. Some third party we never knew about who were working with the cat people the entire time begins to cause problems. I'm sure we'll get a trailer before too long. I imagine they want it out before the year is up. Likely September. I've noticed when we get a new movie in February for Scooby, another one usually drops in September.

Whatever it ends up being, I'm just not sure it'll be worth it. I feel they are too afraid to have 'real supernatural' stuff in Scooby anymore, and I don't want the same thing to happen that happened in this film.

However if it turns out the KISS sequel and Return to Zombie Island end up being the same movie, I'll buy it day one. The pure insanity of that would be too good to pass up.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#62 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28709 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:19 AM

I'm really not interested if the plan is "Anything legit supernatural in Scooby is now going to be explained away as a scam."

#63 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3614 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:15 AM

I agree with you, HellCat.  Warner Bros, had better not mess up the continuity if it is going to return to the location Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island took place on because that the DTV movie that kicked off the DTV Scooby movies.

#64 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18679 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:20 AM

"Scooby-Doo Meets the Ghostbusters."

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#65 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17349 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:32 AM

Filmation's Ghostbusters!

-ZacWilliam, they already have a sentient animal sidekick.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#66 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36488 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

Filmation's Ghostbusters!

-ZacWilliam, they already have a sentient animal sidekick.

Turns out Primevil was Old Man Jinkins all along.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#67 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5277 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

"and I would have gotten away with it too! If it weren't for you meddling kids, scientists, dog, and whatever the heck that slimy thing is!"

Spoiler

#68 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8008 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:33 PM

Co-opted this thread into a General Scooby thread. The trailer for the new all cg theatrical release of Scoob dropped today.

Looks gorgeous! The celeb voices will take some getting used to tho.

Edited by Confuzor, 11 November 2019 - 06:34 PM.

#69 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36488 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:43 PM

Looking at that Airship at the start and the clue Velma finds, it seems something... Dastardly might be afoot in this movie.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#70 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3595 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

While the CGI looks good, the trailer kind of gives the vive of to many problems for the gang to solve, I get the feeling this will not be as good as Zombie Island, at least it seems to explain how the gang met for the first time and what Scooby Snacks actually are, of course, I think Scooby talked far to much in this, there's always been this balance between human and dog with Scooby's personalty, this seems to lean more towards the human side, then I just feel the voices are kind of off, Scooby's is about the closest yet he still feels off, thou it might just be me as I not really watched Scooby Doo seriously in ages.

Looking at that Airship at the start and the clue Velma finds, it seems something... Dastardly might be afoot in this movie.

With a Muttley doing something in tow, thou that likely so he can earn a medal!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#71 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36488 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

I just feel the voices are kind of off, Scooby's is about the closest yet he still feels off, thou it might just be me as I not really watched Scooby Doo seriously in ages.

Everyone but Scooby are using Celeb voice actors rather then the usual cast. Scooby is still Frank Welker.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#72 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8008 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

Yeah. I have to concur. I'm used to Welker as Scooby for years now but even he sounds kinda off here. Maybe he's talking too much? Kinda like hearing Vader at the very beginning of a New Hope. You know its the same guy but its not quiiiite right.

Edited by Confuzor, 11 November 2019 - 08:04 PM.

#73 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6710 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

Not digging Shaggy, and Scooby is way to articulate.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#74 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5277 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

Shaggy does sound off but eh, I can get used to it. Scooby sounded alright.

But what the hell police man? "What's his name?"

Scooby.

"Middle name? Last name?"

Um... HE'S A DOG. I mean my cat is named Rally. I don't give her a last or middle name BECAUSE SHE'S A CAT.

Who gives their dog a first middle and last name besides people who are a bit too obsessed with their pet?

Spoiler

#75 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5277 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:40 AM

Also...

So I ended up not picking up Return to Zombie Island due to funds, but I watched some clips and reviews and... yep it's just as we feared. They retconned all the supernatural stuff.

Daphine was no longer the star of the talk show. She was an intern for a school project or something.

And the worst part. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but Velma is asked what was up with all the hauntings and magic and stuff they saw in the first film and her response was:

"We were hallucinating due to swamp gas"

Yep it was all swamp gas folks. No actual spookness to be found.

I'm sorry but who the hell is asking for this? Who thought this was a good idea? How did something this insulting to the source movie get green lit?

Whoever is in charge for the creative decisions for Scooby right now either needs to be fired or banned from ever touching the franchise again.

Spoiler

#76 NOIP

NOIP

No One In Particular

• Citizen
  • 2262 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:27 PM

Sounds like Velma is in serious denial to me.

While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#77 KnightStorm

KnightStorm
  • Protoform
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

Also...

So I ended up not picking up Return to Zombie Island due to funds, but I watched some clips and reviews and... yep it's just as we feared. They retconned all the supernatural stuff.

Daphine was no longer the star of the talk show. She was an intern for a school project or something.

And the worst part. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but Velma is asked what was up with all the hauntings and magic and stuff they saw in the first film and her response was:

"We were hallucinating due to swamp gas"

Yep it was all swamp gas folks. No actual spookness to be found.

I'm sorry but who the hell is asking for this? Who thought this was a good idea? How did something this insulting to the source movie get green lit?

Whoever is in charge for the creative decisions for Scooby right now either needs to be fired or banned from ever touching the franchise again.

I just view these "no such thing as ghosts" movies as an alternate universe.  It doesn't fit the continuity of the movies they're trying to ruin at all.

#78 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7286 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

Finally watched the Scoob! trailer. It's... not how I'd have cast it. But I think Will Forte's Shaggy is basically great, within the context of "not Kasem or Lillard". The others are fine, though obviously it's always weird and gross to have anyone but Welker as Fred. Given that Welker is in place as Scooby, even with the increased vocab I find him as tolerable as I ever have.

I enjoyed the trailer a lot, I'm keen to see it.

Edit: also, I regret checking imdb to find who all these celebrity voices were, because that cast list has some remarkable spoilers in it. They're going pretty wide here with the HB characters they touch on and I'm all for it.

Edited by Maruten, 16 November 2019 - 12:02 AM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#79 Sukoshiko

Sukoshiko

Demented Genius at Play

• Citizen
  • 952 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:17 AM

At first I was turned off, but by the end I did chuckle a couple of times at that trailer.

Have to say, though, Mystery Inc is perhaps the best iteration of of Scooby Doo. I bought the disks. I haven't bought the disks of the original show, but I bought the disks of Mystery Inc.

#80 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28709 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:57 AM

Scoob looks good but both the trailer and synopsis with it match up with a post going around from someone who claims to have seen a test screening. Based on that, there's alot of crap in the movie that WB have left out of the trailer. And a lot of it is crude jokes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users