Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Generations Selects - SG Optimus Prime/SG Ratchet 2-pack, page 169

3586 replies to this topic

#81 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31046 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:31 PM

Mail... order?

*sigh*

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#82 Lightbright

Lightbright
  • Citizen
  • 219 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:31 PM

I didn't pick up PotP Jazz due to the whole M*G* label fiasco, so I'm pleased for another version of this sculpt :) I'll repurpose Blue Swoop (Bloop) as Ravenus or Strafe if I pick up the red version :)

Edited by Lightbright, 30 November 2018 - 01:34 PM.

#83 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2518 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:32 PM

Looks like I have a potential partner for Firedrive now (I like the Battle Master, I just didn't like it as Firebolt). I could paint the arms black for extra G1ness but I'll probably skip it. And maybe another set of Trent's Jazz guns, that one this mold comes with just doesn't work for it.

#84 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12617 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

Hopefully "mail order" doesn't translate to "bugger off international plebs."

#85 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

A TFW2005 user brought up a tantalizing if unlikely idea: perhaps one day in a similar fashion Hasbro could end up releasing the Ironfist version of the Combiner Wars Rook mold.

Y'know for that matter, the unreleased Hoist, Demolishor, and Landfill toolings would also be nice.

I'd also greatly enjoy the unreleased Nemesis Prime/Unicron from CW Motormaster.  I mean, we 90% got it from Toxitron, but I wouldn't exactly turn down a combining Unicron.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#86 Adam16bit

Adam16bit

I Like Toys

• Citizen
  • 703 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

Ya, Red Swoop isn't an imaginative name, insert jokes, but I mean... you don't think the packaging is *actually* going to say "Red Swoop", right? I'm sure the packaging will just say "Swoop". "Red Swoop" just being product information/placeholder name.

The final packaging name hasn't been shared, but Red Swoop has been the internal name used by Hasbro and we're using it (I work at Entertainment Earth) until further notice to best distinguish how this one is different from late last year's Diaclone/animation deco Swoop.  To the untrained eye, it's just Swoop again.

As to "Mail Order Only," these items are a shared exclusive.   You will not see them in American big box stores.  I have no idea what that means as far as international goes as of yet.

I'm pretty excited for these.  Based on traffic, it looks like I'm not alone.

#87 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:10 PM

Ya, Red Swoop isn't an imaginative name, insert jokes, but I mean... you don't think the packaging is *actually* going to say "Red Swoop", right? I'm sure the packaging will just say "Swoop". "Red Swoop" just being product information/placeholder name.

The final packaging name hasn't been shared, but Red Swoop has been the internal name used by Hasbro and we're using it (I work at Entertainment Earth) until further notice to best distinguish how this one is different from late last year's Diaclone/animation deco Swoop.  To the untrained eye, it's just Swoop again.

As to "Mail Order Only," these items are a shared exclusive.   You will not see them in American big box stores.  I have no idea what that means as far as international goes as of yet.

Thought: Is this the final realization of the attempted successor to the Collector's Club Subscription Service that Hasbro seems to have been trying to get off the ground for awhile? The one Arcee and Grotosque were labelled as, and the one that you hinted in your Blast-Off review was going to be a Loot-Crate-Sub-Box model that didn't pan out?

Edited by Fear or Courage, 30 November 2018 - 02:11 PM.

#88 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:12 PM

A lifetime of loving Marvel TF and I find I prefer the blue version of this mold. It's the red/blue/green combo he's got going for him. Plus, if the beak can't somehow switch from purple in beast mode to gold in robot mode, it isn't Marvel anyway.

I wish I hadn't started unwillingly reading chest flames on newer toys as chest hair. I think it started with the black "flames" on Generations Wreck Gar's leg.

#89 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:15 PM

A TFW2005 user brought up a tantalizing if unlikely idea: perhaps one day in a similar fashion Hasbro could end up releasing the Ironfist version of the Combiner Wars Rook mold.

Y'know for that matter, the unreleased Hoist, Demolishor, and Landfill toolings would also be nice.

I'd also greatly enjoy the unreleased Nemesis Prime/Unicron from CW Motormaster.  I mean, we 90% got it from Toxitron, but I wouldn't exactly turn down a combining Unicron.

This is the first I'm hearing about Unicron. It makes sense, since there's room in that mold for horns.

#90 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42562 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

It would have been the Nemesis Prime/Toxitron head in individual mode and the Menasor head in Combiner mode.

We never had confirmation that Menasor's head would be repainted as Unicron - since eHobby's Grand Scourge cut short any plans to do Nemesis - but it seemed a reasonable assumption. SO it's what we planned for as short-lived as the plan was.

Edited by NightViper, 30 November 2018 - 02:37 PM.

#91 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10865 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

I never knew that was actually in the works at some point, but I definitely wanted it

#92 Adam16bit

Adam16bit

I Like Toys

• Citizen
  • 703 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

Thought: Is this the final realization of the attempted successor to the Collector's Club Subscription Service that Hasbro seems to have been trying to get off the ground for awhile? The one Arcee and Grotosque were labelled as, and the one that you hinted in your Blast-Off review was going to be a Loot-Crate-Sub-Box model that didn't pan out?

There's a definite desire across the board to get the excitement of collecting and hunting into online sales, although I can't say for sure if that's the intent here.  I'm also unsure which details I can share, but there's definitely a plan for Hasbro to want to sell you cool redeco and/or retool toys in new ways as long as it makes sense.  I know I've got a bunch of things I'm hoping to see.  (Baby needs a new Combiner Wars Armada Demolishor from Onslaught.)

I wouldn't say it's by any means final.  If what they're doing works, hopefully it will continue for a very long time so I can get more weird repaint toys.   As long as Hasbro likes the numbers, I'm sure we'll see more in the future. *checks the numbers*  Lookin' good.

#93 CatSCAN

CatSCAN
  • Supporter
  • 4044 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:35 PM

That Ricochet is gorgeous, but I would have LOVED for a black Jazz redeco to have been Jackpot...

#94 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:35 PM

It would have been the Nemesis Prime/Toxitron head in individual mode and the Menasor head in Combiner mode.

We never had confirmation that Menasor's head would be repainted as Unicron - since eHobby's Grand Scourge cut short any plans to do Nemesis - but it seemed a reasonable assumption.

I highly suspect there was likely CAD for a head swap in that file that otherwise reuses the horns and everything else, since that Menasor head is very Menasor and Warden's team doesn't do fanwank by halves.  Possibly designed to look like Beast Wars Neo Unicron's head, just judging from the techno-organic looking weirdness inside Menasor's chest.  Speculation, of course.  Whether or not it made on to a tooling, we'll never know.

This is the first I'm hearing about Unicron. It makes sense, since there's room in that mold for horns.

The horns are already there on Menasor's head.

Edited by Spark, 30 November 2018 - 02:46 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#95 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19846 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:41 PM

I'm getting Ricochet in the hope of a Toyhax Crasher set, but he looks so nice I won't be disappointed if they don't make it (yes, I know they made the set for Jazz, but hopefully they'll make a new one to take advantage of the color).

I am however annoyed I have to pay EE 7 bucks for shipping. I'd rather order from BBTS.

Edited by Dake, 30 November 2018 - 02:43 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#96 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 4277 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

Huh, well I guess I should paint my Jazz's hands black now, that mold breaks down differently than I expected.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#97 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26231 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

I didn't pick up PotP Jazz due to the whole M*G* label fiasco, so I'm pleased for another version of this sculpt :) I'll repurpose Blue Swoop (Bloop) as Ravenus or Strafe if I pick up the red version :)

Wasn't there a running change to remove the MAGA on Jazz?

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#98 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42562 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

We never had confirmation that Menasor's head would be repainted as Unicron - since eHobby's Grand Scourge cut short any plans to do Nemesis - but it seemed a reasonable assumption.

I highly suspect there was likely CAD for a head swap in that file that otherwise reuses the horns and everything else, since that Menasor head is very Menasor and Warden's team doesn't do fanwank by halves.  Possibly designed to look like Beast Wars Neo Unicron's head, just judging from the techno-organic looking weirdness inside Menasor's chest.  Speculation, of course.  Whether or not it made on to a tooling, we'll never know.

All of the other Voyagers were also done that way - the small head sculpt was replaced, but the Combiner head remained the same. Starscream from Cyclonus had the Galvatron head. Demolisher had the Bruticus head, and of course Inferno had the Defensor head.

So while maybe Nemesis Prime was a one off and had both heads retooled - or was like Deathsaurus and had a half-resculpted head with a new face - but nothing in the CAD files or in the information that came with them mentioned it. So all I can go on is that it's a reasonable assumption that something was planned to homage Unicron in paint or plastic.

#99 DocChloroplast

DocChloroplast

I think you underestimate the depths of my pettiness

• Citizen
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

Is Jazz' mold degrading again? Ricochet looks like he has a faceplate there.

dFdY.png

Magaroja on TFWiki | Buying POTP Prima Prime, either version

Rest in Peace our darling Rydia, 1998 - Sept. 2, 2018

#100 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10073 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Woah, CW Cyclonus genuinely had Starscream as an alternate head? What about the Silverbolt and Scattershot versions of the mold?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users