Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Stepwise : (04 March 2021 - 09:07 PM)

Wonko - I'm really sorry - I've been in that spot where everything is falling apart at the same time.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 04:49 PM)

a minivan which NOW sounds like it's on it's last legs. Christ, why is everything breaking now?!?!?

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 02:45 PM)

He's willing, but it's our parents minivan, and I'm half the labour.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 March 2021 - 02:34 PM)

Like anything; if they're willing to haul it away it's theirs.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 12:44 PM)

And now my brother wants the old fridge, so instead of letting the delivery folk deal with it, I need to move it.

@  NovaSaber : (04 March 2021 - 11:53 AM)

I take objection to the idea that public health is "politics" just because some politicians don't listen to the experts.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:59 AM)

I was only replying to the general sentiment of the last three posts before mine.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

The person you replied to specifically gave the example of "limiting the amount of people in a facility".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

This wasn't about "lock[ing] everyone in the country down".

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:57 AM)

All I'm saying is there are lockdown and anti-lockdown people and hashing it out in the shoutbox on a toy forum is dumb.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

You don't have to lock everyone in the country down to mitigate risks in one population.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Of course older people have it worse, but America is one of those countries where people ship their old people to homes far away from the action anyways.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

What ar you even trying to say, anyway? That we shouldn't complain about others increasing the danger more than necessary?

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

Frankly, there's a lot to say on this issue that can't be encompassed on the shoutbox and I really really don't want to have to deal with politics every single time I check the forums.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:54 AM)

To claim that this is about the people in the 20-40 range is also disingenuous.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:53 AM)

Essential workers and such are pretty fit on average which is an extra boon for them.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:51 AM)

It's not really a personal choice issue, it's a risk versus well, anything you want to do issue. Literally leaving the house results in potential exposure, mask or no. Overall, most of us who hang out here are 20-40, and our survival rate is comparable with some pretty out there statistics.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:39 AM)

Anybody who has to go out because of work or groceries or whatever can't just choose to avoid any potential disease-spreaders, for one thing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:38 AM)

Kind of disingenuous to frame this as just a personal choice issue.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:22 AM)

This whole "I can't handle people not me having the choice to not put on masks" thing's a bit much.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 March 2021 - 09:14 AM)

Hey, Florida is one of the most infected states, and we won't even shut down. We may use masks, but restaurants, clubs, you name it, those are still wide open. Also, what's limiting the amount of people in a facility again? :p

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 March 2021 - 08:57 PM)

Oklahoma is right there, apparently. Dang bible belt. Nice people, but not the smartest cookies I've seen.

@  Hg Dragon : (03 March 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Don't worry! COME TO TEXAS WHERE OUR IDIOT GOVENOR DECALRED THE STATE 100% OPEN AND ENDED THE MASK MANDATE!!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

Beyond just the not even being able to walk into most stores

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

No kidding, but right now: unless it's physically on the shelf in front of you: there's no clear idea when it'll be available. And that goes for just about everything.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:18 PM)

I've heard new appliances are hard to get, for some reason

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:13 PM)

And the new one we settled on is backlogged up to two months. Even better.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 11:59 AM)

I mean, it's not all bad. Disney's releasing Speed remastered on 4K

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 08:48 AM)

And now the fridge has died. So far 2021 has been WONDERFUL.

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

Photo

Fallout 76 Discussion thread: take me home country roads!

468 replies to this topic

#61 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

That's a nintendo meme though.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#62 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

So this is a thing that happened:

Photo-2018-11-16-214124.png

Me and Dave we passing through the ash heap when I stumbled across an undetonated, but still live, atomic warhead. Being in the age we live in: we took selfies!

But THEN dave went and actually USED the damn thing. Suddenly he was asking me what wire to cut. I was DEAD certain that if we cut the wrong one; we would set off the bomb. I advocated walking away.

So dave cut the green wire. Dave is also the luckiest son of a bitch to walk any earth. We lived.

#63 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11973 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:27 PM

Found a nice spot for a base today. Dead north of the Clarksburg Shooting Club is the Crab Shack, with a small stockpile of canned goods and alcohol on its (inaccessible from the ground) roof, and a good view of the toxic lake. Best thing? A big, flat spot on its western wall, with plenty of room to build your way up onto the roof.
eXkMdkB.png
I saw something moving around in a cabin on the other side of the lake and, with repeated long-range shots with my hunting rifle...
PG9BEqC.png
Nabbed me a Snallygaster!
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#64 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3926 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:50 PM

i played the beta for about an hour, and ended up canceling my pre-order...just not the gfame for me..but maybe in a few months...if theres a price drop...they might get me in. Still...my dis-taste for F4 is never going to die, and this is just more of that.

BUT! I love that you guys are having fun and shit. Thats why games are great, no matter what there is enjoyment to be found.

For the time being, ill stick with a no less buggy game, Lego dc supervillains. 

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#65 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:57 PM

Alright so... attacked by a scorchbeast and his horde when we stumbled onto it's fissure. Ran and hid on a majectic golf course, which was full of ghouls. Hid again inside the club house only to be jumped by a diseased wendigo. Managed to put down the wendigo between the two of us, only to hear what sounded like a VERY large group attacking the scorchbeast. Then we spent a good forty minutes exploring the main building of the country club, and feared walking outside into an even greater atomic wasteland: the fissure was still right there and they were STILL fighting the scorchbeast.

Then the server booted us, and we figured it was a good place to call it for the night. Pics of a wendigo tomorrow!

#66 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

Wendigo!

Photo-2018-11-17-210232.png

#67 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:22 PM

Starting quest: Death from above

*player* has launched a nuke. Please check your map to see target area, and vacate. Have a nice day.

hug me if those weren't scary words. Thankfully, I was poking around the toxic lake bed, and it was charleston that got nuked. I was able, however, to fast travel back to my camp and see the mushroom cloud. And I took a few minutes and my power armor to go poke around and see what there was to see. Holy shit, I need to SERIOUSLY upgrade my radiation protection game if I'm going to back out there again. I was straightlining rad away (even in a suit of power armor!) and still walked away at half radioactive. I should been glowing like a ghoul.

#68 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49272 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

Apparently, if you launch three nukes simultaneously, the servers crash.

#69 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:15 AM

Starting quest: Death from above

*player* has launched a nuke. Please check your map to see target area, and vacate. Have a nice day.

hug me if those weren't scary words. Thankfully, I was poking around the toxic lake bed, and it was charleston that got nuked. I was able, however, to fast travel back to my camp and see the mushroom cloud. And I took a few minutes and my power armor to go poke around and see what there was to see. Holy shit, I need to SERIOUSLY upgrade my radiation protection game if I'm going to back out there again. I was straightlining rad away (even in a suit of power armor!) and still walked away at half radioactive. I should been glowing like a ghoul.

Funny how an area that has literally just been hit by a nuclear weapon has some radioactive fallout. Huh.

#70 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:55 AM

I'm just glad they got the radiation level just about right. It wasn't the pissant glowing sea, but it wasn't vault 87 either. It was low enough that a well prepared player wouldn't be put off, but high enough that it had to be monitored and controlled regardless of your kit.

#71 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5042 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

Apparently, if you launch three nukes simultaneously, the servers crash.

Don't cross the streamsnukes.

#72 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1771 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:44 PM

How hard of a time is a solo player going to have? I'm not usually one to play *with* someone.  I'll do matchmade stuff, yeah, but I'm not going to team up for a few hours or anything like that. 

Also, how is it on console?  My PC isn't going to run it, so I'll be playing on console if / when I get it. I guess I should check out some reviews.

~Marduk

#73 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:10 PM

Solo is entirely doable. There's seldom enough people on a server (being population is capped at 32.) to interfere with the scaling mechanics. You play alone, you get less creatures more or less your level or lower. You play with people, you get more creatures in a similar scale. Different biomes have different level creatures as well as different KINDS of creatures, so it's still entirely possible to stumble into a fight you cannot win, just as you will stumble in fights THEY cannot win.

#74 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4807 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:29 PM

I've not personally seen evidence or articles,but word is circulating that supposedly Bethesda is working with YT to try and take down videos showing Fallout 76's plethora of glitches and bugs. Just something to have an ear to the ground about, I suppose.

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#75 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19038 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:21 PM

Would be ironic given how openly they were letting everyone know how 'spectacular' their bugs would be.  Opening with 'our game is broken AF' doesn't jive well with 'don't show how broken our game is'.

Not that I would put it past them, or any game company, really.

nzo8WYb.png

#76 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49272 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:42 PM

I mean, they're trying to make a multiplayer survival sandbox out of a very, very dated engine. Creation itself is eight years old, but it was adapted from Gamebryo...the same engine that powered Morrowind.

So basically the code powering Fallout 76 was developed over 17 years ago.

That it's running as well as it is, is a not so minor miracle in and of itself. Especially not when you consider 76, at its heart, is just a heavily modified version of Fallout 4.

#77 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:46 PM

Which speaks to the flexibility of the engine, glitches aside. They've been ridiculous about monetizing their latest games/engine updates, so that they would crank out an entire new game using them isn't surprising.

So this happened tonight:

"Awww, what a cute little island. It doesn't look like anything is living there, the water isn't too far to swim, and there's plenty of room to farm. I think I might just move my camp!"

*You have discovered deathclaw island*

"NOOOOPPPPEEEEnopenopenopenopenope."

#78 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49272 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:17 PM

It wasn't till later Wonko realized that, like Iceland, Deathclaw Island's name was misleading...

#79 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4807 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:38 PM

It's actually a peninsula?

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#80 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44484 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:02 PM

Any name with the word "deathclaw" in it merrits a hard about and walk away. You don't even take that chance. I would rather try to camp in whitespring's presidiental suite that deathclaw island.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users