Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

Fallout 76 Discussion thread: take me home country roads!

467 replies to this topic

#461 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:32 PM

So I made it to the deep.

Not gonna say much, but... it's kinda no wonder the scorchbeasts emerged... jesus.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#462 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60174 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:21 PM

If you find irradiated plants that means someone dropped a nuke there but the plants didn't get picked and remained there after the nuked zone clears. 

I never did get your guys names or systems - if you need any help or resources or anything let me know and I'll try to meet up with you on there if you're on PS4. I'm friends with a few folks but we don't really talk and I don't know who they are. I'm Kalidor_PS

#463 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:05 AM

I go by wonko486, but I'm on PC.

#464 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:13 AM

Alright, so I'm enjoying the season thing so far. It gives a reason to play at least a little bit every day, and since the challenges are kinda random, it's more enjoyable than games like WoW when you end up getting stuck in an end game daily routine, doing the same basic quests in the same order over and over.

I kinda wish they had put some more thought into the challenges implementation though. I don't mind suddenly being told I need to cook some stuff with veg or mushrooms, but it doesn't require variety: I just push out five corn soup (which is ridiculously easy to achieve.) and it's done. Maybe require you make different dishes so you can't just spam it out, and get some use out of the recipes you pick up? It wouldn't take much longer to pull off, and it would still be readily achievable just with picking up the base ingredients. They already kinda pulled it off with some of the weekly challenges: Kill three huge creatures, and actually give you a list to work from.

#465 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:42 AM

Double score weekend, folks. If you want to make some progress on the legendary run, now's the time!

#466 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

Okies, I'mma share something with you all to help make the score challenge grind perhaps a bit easier.

Often, you have the daily or weekly challenge to "kill X# of legendaries". If you've progressed that far in the world, there's a common farming spot in watoga emergency services, the medical section upstairs near roof access will occasionally spawn a legendary, but I've also noticed that there's a COMMON legendary spawn across the street on the roof of the convention center. Supermutant. So swing up through emergency services, then use power armour to jump off the sign hanging on the left side of the roof (from when you exit the stairwell.) and onto the patio across the street on the convention center. Then up the stairs and sweep the roof.

#467 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:32 PM

Welp, I officially hit my peak gameplay tonight. I soloed three scorchbeasts ( a level 50, a level 65 legendary, and a level 80.) in a row.

To preface, I managed to get a three star .50 machine gun a while ago. Bloodied, extra limb damage and lower vats costs. I was using a flamethrower at the time as my heavy weapon, so I put it in storage and kinda forgot about it. I wound up getting tired of the flamer (cause it's serious fun but literally breaks five times a day. I couldn't keep enough aluminum in to keep it working.) so I was going to switch back to the plasma gat when I saw it. .50 is pretty cheap so I cranked out some ammo, and rolled.

Tonight I got a quest to kill a glowing wendigo from my ally. It was down in the brotherhood forward base just south of the glassed caverns. Fast travelled to the caverns... two scorchbeasts in the air, one of them legendary... but I was actually doing REALLY good damage. They also seems to cooperate pretty well (hovering in place more often, actually hugging landing...) and they both went down pretty easy.

I then decide to take a walk. I could see a location I hadn't been to yet, so I went that way. Which also crossed another rift. The level 80 spawned just as I passed. and while he was a pain, the bloodied effect was damned nice and I was able to easily track the increase in damage I was doing. I was an irradiated mess, but I killed it quickly. So yeah, I get why the players like the bloodied effect. Would be even better if I was actually using the heavy weapons perk cards I guess. But I'mma need to rebalance my inventory to make that work.

#468 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:32 PM

Yesterday, I managed to find a player vendor selling the .50 cal prime receiver. Today, I was lucky enough to find when I logged on that someone had nuked the prime fissure and killed the queen, so I was able to wander around in the nuke zone largely hazard free to collect the materials I needed to construct it. Took a fair while to find the high radiation fluids I needed, but I got the four of them and enough raw crimson and violet flux to crank it out.

But I DID IT... hey, what the hug, I had 2K rounds of ammo for this thing...

Oh, it uses ultracite ammo. Okay, what do I need to make it? Pure violet flux... well, how the hell is that different from stable violet flux?

*quick internet search*

Oh, it's hugging NOT.

*back into nuke zone to farm high radiation fluid, which seems to be the rarest of the enemy dropped nuked components.*

Oh... shit. I don't have a weapon right now.

*FT back to my base, grab my plasma gat, rush back to nuke zone. Get enough HRF to make some ammo, running out of radaway.*

I managed to crank out 760 ultracite rounds, and got 360 extra from super duper. Need to run some dailies and events to rebuild my radaway supply, and maybe get the strangler pods to make some radshield for the next time I run into the nuke zone for ammo mats.

So yeah, let that be a lesson to you. Bethesda might make a fun game, but apparently didn't invest any into standardization of language.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users