Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

Fallout 76 Discussion thread: take me home country roads!

467 replies to this topic

#441 Automan2000

Automan2000

Liberati tutumet ex infernis

• Supporter
  • 4540 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:09 PM

They reused a plenty of enemies from 4 and Far Harbor. I have also run into hermit crabs and fog crawlers. 

#442 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 29022 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:15 PM

I expect crabs.  But Gulpers?  Come on.

xC9l3eY.gif

#443 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60174 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:41 PM

For a long time my main had ALL the mutations. Now that I've learned about serums I've been paring them down. I still need Marsupial, Speed Demon and Healing Factor to consider this character complete aside from gear.

I played the game at launch for about 5 months then quit for a while, picked it up for a few weeks after Nuclear Winter came into the game and didn't play it again until about a week before Wastelanders. Now that I'm unemployed due to Covid I've played a TON, decided to buckle down and get Fallout 1st, which is a MUST HAVE to play this game seriously (Despite me being adamantly against it until now). 

I have a 'game night' on Tuesday and Friday with my IRL friends, but on other nights if anyone on  PS4 needs help while I'm on please feel free to hit me up @Kalidor_PS

#444 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

Gulpers fit well enough, I imagine they're based on the hellbender giant salamanders native to the east coast, and they're also found in WV. What I hate are the anglers. Stupid things should have at least been reskinned and renamed to be catfish-based to fit the area.

#445 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:45 AM

One thing which I never understood about 76 was the games inclination to swap weapons on dead enemies. It usually picks stuff from the same class (so if the enemy is using an automatic weapon, you get an automatic weapon after you kill them, just maybe not the one he was shooting at you with.), instead of just having the enemies using a largely variety of weapons and actually dropping the ones they used.

Anyway, it wound up working to my advantage: a blood eagle who was trying to surpress me with a gatling laser was aced, and wound up dropping a gatling plasma! Which... you know, had he been using would have succeeded in killing me. Level 50 and great condition too, even dropped three cores. I then found out that the plasma cores are basically DIRT CHEAP to manufacture.

I'm incredibly happy with my special build, so I've been slowly acquiring the automatic weapon cards (five more to go!) but now I'm gonna start on the heavy weapon cards too.

I also wound up finding the plans for the gatling laser randomly when I started doing the top of the world quests. It was just sitting there at the shooting range the raider built.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#446 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60174 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:56 AM

My understanding is due to the need for random loot. If the loot was only the character model's weapon then everyone would always get the exact same treasure.

#447 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:12 PM

I have no idea why they did this instead of simply expanding the levelled lists, but I soloed a scorchbeast with it, so it all worked out in the end... Just need more ammo. Maybe invest in some of the mod plans.

#448 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60174 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:23 PM

Pretty awesome. The only character I can solo them with uses a power fist to punch the shit out of them.. which is tricky since they can be finicky whether or not they land and if they do for how long. 

I realize I'll never be as cool as those cheater guys who make their tents float in the sky and shred the SBQ with their buddy in less than a minute, but I have a lot of fun doing the events regardless. 

#449 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:58 AM

Heavy guns are strength trait, so once you hit 50: start grabbing the heavy weapons cards, and you can switch back and forth based on what you want to do. You won't have to change your special build.

Edit: so... HEY! did you guys know that the plasma cores act in literally the exact same way as fusion cores? I didn't. So I suddenly wound up reloading some cores which had 10 shots left, 5 shots left, 40 shots left... Fighting that last mirelurk queen was fun, cause I was literally able to spin the barrel till it went "click".

Edited by wonko the sane?, 14 June 2020 - 09:34 AM.

#450 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60174 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

So the new "Seasons" started. I have to say, I was appointed that the daily atoms are gone, but there seems to be a lot of cool things about it. Of course, I already have the bullet thing but what I really like is the public team stuff. It really makes it fun to drop into events or just killing lengedaries, where everyone gets credit and then you can come and go as you please. I haven't encountered any serious bugs yet. Besides the usual freezing and crashing, the one I noticed was the workshop icons keep disappearing on workshops. 

I got up to level 9 yesterday on the games board.. might give it a another go later today

#451 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:09 PM

I think the last patch introduced some kinda new bug on the PC cut. I was shooting things, they would get to like 1% health, then regenerate back to 25% when I laid off the fire, but never died. I got aced twice by a super mutant cause of it.

#452 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:08 PM

I've had that with totally immobile enemies, but not with ones that are fighting back. I have had a few instances of them dropping down to 1, popping back up, and THEN being killable. My internet has been a bit laggy this week, though, so it might be on my end.

I've been having fun the past few days with a sneaking suit I got from some new storyline stuff. Invisible while sneaking (even while moving), add some perk cards and I'm damn near undetectable as long as I stick to suppressed weapons. I wish I had a good legendary gun to go with the setup.

#453 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:11 PM

Managed to get far enough along the season to get the ammo converter. It is hugging annoying. But ultimately, once it's properly fed, it'll be an excellent source of "oh shit, out of ammo, need mats" emergency ammo.

Another error I've noticed, on top of the unkillable enemies (ran into two more while working at hemlock holes. Mirelurks this time.), is that the game seems to forget you control a workshop, even forgetting that workshops are a thing. The picture on the map is different, with no icon to indicate it can be taken or who owns it, and despite owning it: charging to fast travel to it.

Anywho, hoping to get enough atoms in the next few days to get go after a power armor paint job.

#454 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60174 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:24 PM

The ammo converter needs a lot of interface work. They should have designed it like the Legendary Exchange and not like the candy vendor in Watoga High School.

As for your workshop icons - this is a bug I haven't seen discussed much but I've discovered that when you start the game and load into a world for the first time the correct icons will be there. If you leave the world and go into a world again you'll find that icons for workshops are gone and they are reverted back to the old way they did icons where it's the icon for the place it is (junkyard has cars, power station has the silo, etc).

The only way to fix it is to close the application entirely and load into a world again for the 'first time' on that launch. This is PS4 so I can't speak to how it works on other systems. 

I got the UFO playset today and stuck a bunch of strobe lights in it. 

#455 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:41 AM

Yeah, you got it perfectly. Exactly what was happening. I mean, I was still getting defend quests, and the building still worked, and resource collection still worked. But there was probably more than a few people pissed off they couldn't fast travel to it for free (especially the early game folk.) and if I wasn't hard up for acid, I would have let those hugging super mutants just take the damn spot.

What they need to do with the ammo converter is raise the cap, and have left side literally just let you load it up. No preset amounts, just dumping. Then calculate out the points from there. You should only need to use the computer half to redeem.

#456 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60174 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:49 PM

I've also run into situations that since there are no workshop icons you don't always immediately know if it's already claimed and I've seen people accidentally claim an owned workshop which initiates PVP. I've done it myself because I know you don't have to touch the machine to claim it, just be in the area and hold the build button down and it will start to claim it. 

#457 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:53 PM

Thanks man. I didn't know you didn't have to use the work bench to claim yards!

I also got enough atoms to purchase my nuke cola dark armor skins. Gonna paint up my excavator on my next session, and go hunting for copper ore. Need plasma ammo.

#458 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:23 PM

So, I managed to do the blackbear lodge huntmaster quest in about five minutes today. I was given to kill a radtoad, a yaoi guai, and a snallygaster. I hit the river out front cause there's usually a yaoi guai killing the radstags in there. And I was right, AND he was fighting a snally. Two rounds into each and they both drop. Then a quick walk to the north side of clarksburg for radtoads, and I was done.

Normally takes me an hour or more charging around trying to find a spawn that isn't already dead.

#459 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:15 PM

They really do need to start working on some of these bugs, cause you literally cannot kill sheepsquatchs when they mutate twice, and restore all their own health when you need to stop shooting to reload your gun.

Edit: unrelated, but: is anyone else fast travelling places and finding the irradiated version of plants? Cause charleston was full of irradiaroots and neutron pods when I was searching for ghouls for todays score challenge.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 13 July 2020 - 04:15 PM.

#460 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48047 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:42 PM

They really do need to start working on some of these bugs

This really needs to be Bethesda's official motto. :D I say that as someone who still considers themselves a fan of the studio.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users