Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2019 - 01:59 AM)

Alpha Q?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Alpha Q, and U, but not U.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2019 - 08:55 PM)

KISS Players

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 07:15 PM)

Ultra Q

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2019 - 03:15 PM)

So which series is 90s American Godzilla?

@  Dekafox : (20 June 2019 - 03:12 PM)

So G1 Marvel would be Showa Transformers then

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 June 2019 - 12:37 PM)

Yes.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 June 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Is it weeby of me to refer to the two IDW TF continuities as Heisei and Reiwa? I mean, the switchover almost perfectly lines up with the change of eras...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM)

I hate when the spicy version of something isn't spicy!

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM)

I hate it when the spicy version of something is in almost identical packaging to the non-spicy version. Especially when I don't notice until I've got home.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

Photo

Spider-Man: Far From Home - in theaters 5 July 2019

113 replies to this topic

#61 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14112 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

I like it.  I do love seeing movies down the line dealing with the fallout from the previous one. 

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#62 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27653 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

Huh. Maybe they're not going the obvious route with this

xC9l3eY.gif

#63 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1551 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, I'm sold. I'll be picking "Homecoming" up today to get caught up, I think.

I am in love with that Spidey suit.

Spoiler

~Marduk (Really makes me wish I'd kept my Spidey ML figures)

#64 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14582 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

Huh. Maybe they're not going the obvious route with this

Does anyone who has ever read a Spider-Man comic believe half of the stuff said in this trailer?

Yep.

#65 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16975 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

Yeah, Mysterio's entire deal is that he's always a fake who does fakey things with suped-up movie FX. To the point where if something seems fakey in a Spider-man comic you got like a 90% likelihood on guessing Mysterio will show up shortly.

-ZacWilliam, Mysterio is so much about fake stuff that I'm half expecting Nick Fury to be completely fake just cause he's near him.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#66 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

I hope that MJ figuring out the secret isn't a fake out. And I also hope she doesn't become the damsel in distress because Peter told Mysterio about her.

I find it a little odd to see Happy getting into hijinks in Europe. After that bittersweet cheeseburgers line in Endgame, I figure he'd be staying close to help raise Morgan. (How many of Tony's other friends could or would?)

#67 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45637 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

Assuming that is Happy. One of the fun things about Mysterio being in this film is literally everything after "You do not ghost Nick Fury!" could be elaborate illusions.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#68 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27653 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

Oh I'm not actually talking about Mysterio not being a fakey fake fake, no.  I'm talking about how they're gonna move forward from Endgame that is.

Ironbite-I fully expect the 2nd act twist to revel that Mysterio is exactly the dumb ass in a fish bowel that he is.

xC9l3eY.gif

#69 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64856 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

Mysterio's outfit is really great.  They managed to make something ridiculous look cool.

ACItEK8.png

#70 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45637 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

I like the marriage of the iconic fishbowl with his more 90s extreme smoke face phase.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know

#71 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16702 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

So that dark boiler-suit Spider-Man with the flip-up goggles - is that Spider-Man Noir or someone else from the comics?

#72 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11115 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:13 PM

After that bittersweet cheeseburgers line in Endgame, I figure he'd be staying close to help raise Morgan. (How many of Tony's other friends could or would?)

Y'know, now that Peggy's gone and he's handed off the shield, Steve's not doing anything. . .

(I mean, you know that literally every surviving original Avenger is gonna be her Uncle. I almost pity any kid who tries to bully her.)

#73 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45637 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

I'm curious as to Mysterio's end goal here. Setting himself up to be a hero through illusion is a means in and of itself, but the MCU is established enough that he has to realize he's screwed the minute a real threat appears.

My curiosity along these lines is piqued even more with this trailer. Mysterio's set himself up with Fury. Fury's not exactly going to be amused by Beck's antics when everything comes to head.

....Endgame spoilers....

Spoiler

#74 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8399 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

aw hug. I was ready to just let the MCU sit for a while after endgame but that trailer is like..hugging awesome.

#75 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45637 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:59 PM

Right? Infinity War was supposed to be my getting off point. Then I had to see Endgame. Now, as a lifelong fan of Mysterio and having seen Endgame...I gotta watch FFH.

MCU movies are like Oreos. You just can't stop going in for "just one more".

#76 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7929 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

The instinctive reaction to hearing Mysterio talk about a multiverse is that he's lying, because Mysterio, but a part of me wonders if this is also Sony's way of connecting MCU Spidey with their non-MCU projects. "That's right, Tom Holland's Spider-Man and Venom and Morbius and animated Miles Morales all 'count'!"

Hey, maybe MCU Spidey, with his large support group of friends and confidants who know his identity and his wardrobe of super suits and lack of J. Jonah Jameson and now a butler with a jet eventually becomes the super-together blonde Peter from Spider-Verse.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#77 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:09 PM

After that bittersweet cheeseburgers line in Endgame, I figure he'd be staying close to help raise Morgan. (How many of Tony's other friends could or would?)

Y'know, now that Peggy's gone and he's handed off the shield, Steve's not doing anything. . .

(I mean, you know that literally every surviving original Avenger is gonna be her Uncle. I almost pity any kid who tries to bully her.)

I'm sure the core Avengers care for Morgan a lot, but I singled out Happy because he's the only one who's not going to miss her piano recitals because the Living Laser broke out of prison.  Although you bring up a good point, I never thought about what Old Steve would be doing next.

#78 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8399 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

Although I will always be sad we never got this.

bruce-campbell-mysterio.png?w=964&ssl=1

#79 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10233 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:43 PM

...is it wrong that I want Mysterio to be on the level? Because really, that would be a nice twist.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#80 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10599 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:20 PM

but a part of me wonders if this is also Sony's way of connecting MCU Spidey with their non-MCU projects. 

Aren't these films creatively under Marvel's control, though? Sony profits from them under the deal they made with Marvel, sure, but I thought part of that deal was that Marvel has total control over the writing. If that's the case, I'd think introducing the idea of a Multiverse might lead us eventually into the MCU version of the Secret Wars rather than being an attempt to tie in Sony's other Spider-Man works to the MCU (which I could see Marvel considering for Into the Spider-Verse, but probably not Venom).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users