Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 August 2019 - 04:10 AM)

Let me call on my friend Dr Rockso, the Rock 'n Roll Clown. (He does cocaine.)

@  Nutjob R/T : (20 August 2019 - 12:48 AM)

New crowdfunding project: We need to get enough nose candy for the Paramount execs to keep 'em up long enough to get DS9 squeezed out

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 04:36 PM)

They're hideously cheap. I'm just glad some decision maker in the upper echelons stayed high as a kite for long enough for us to get TOS, TNG and TAS on blu-ray

@  Rycochet : (19 August 2019 - 04:16 PM)

Paramount are kinda cheap and Ds9 isn't popular enough for them to go all out on a remaster.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:37 PM)

Or hell, they could just shorten a season of Discovery by 2-3 episodes and that'd pay for the DS9 remaster in full (assuming the 8 to 8.5 million per episode for Discovery that was reported a while back is accurate)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Redoing some of the more simple effects like phasers and transporters and whatnot (basically what they've already had practice doing for TNG)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:30 PM)

They could scan and rebuild the film elements, and then upscale the original CGI only (provided it still exists as separate footage)

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:33 PM)

Basically its in the same situation as DS9 IIRC with loss of models and how the CGI was applied to the existing footage.

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

Not gonna happen unless they recreate all the CGI from scratch, unfortunately. Or just upscale the broadcast masters, which would be basically pointless.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 August 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Babylon 5 must come to Blu Ray.

@  MEDdMI : (19 August 2019 - 07:28 AM)

Even in the winter, he has to clear the roads of snow.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2019 - 03:46 AM)

His work is never done.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2019 - 03:06 AM)

Everyone quickly gets sick of flubbing the name and collectively agree to just call the combiner "Roadworks"

@  Sabrblade : (18 August 2019 - 09:34 PM)

For some reason, I've always wanted to see a "Menastator", all five Stunticons and all six Constructicons in an 11-piece combiner.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Dunno what we'd call a Megatron combiner, we almost got a Megastator in IDW but nothing in Combiner Wars.

@  Paladin : (18 August 2019 - 01:30 PM)

somehow read that as "Megachronic." wonder if Decepticons get the munchies...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2019 - 11:30 AM)

Skywarp can barely form a coherent sentence half the time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

If Cyclonus combines into Galvatronus, does Skywarp form Megatronic?

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2019 - 09:12 AM)

There's something weird about starting to type Good Omens into a media store's search bar and having it come up with Queen's greatest hits compliations.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2019 - 12:07 AM)

Well then they need to re-release Vector Prime. :D Of course I would accept Vector Prime Headmaster with Alpha Trion as the head.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

That said, the bendy sword is ridiculous.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

I dunno, the old one is still pretty good by modern standards and the clunkiness is somewhat in-character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

We need a new vector prime

@  Paladin : (17 August 2019 - 03:59 PM)

just don't leave Cybertron Vector Prime out in the sun or his wings will melt.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 August 2019 - 03:17 PM)

@Nevermore Duly noted.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 02:12 PM)

I have three Cybertron Vector Primes, wouldn't throw them around though. I love that design too much,

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

I'm just picturing someone throwing a pile of Vector Prime toys around. I don't know why.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 01:42 PM)

Multi Vector Assault mode is what they go into when they think anyone's even slightly infringing on their IP.

@  Ashley : (17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM)

They MIGHT have done it for Star Trek Online ships, but even if they have that'd be a fairly specific category.

@  Tieria Prime : (17 August 2019 - 02:11 AM)

Hi friends

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:05 AM)

So only if Viacom/Paramount has actively trademarked the term "multi-vector assault mode", offered goods or services under that name and has been offering those goods and services in recent years, Hasbro cannot offer goods or services under that name in the same category.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:04 AM)

And they need to be consistently used on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 AM)

Even if they are trademarked.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Words and terms used in dialogue shouldn't be affected.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Also, the trademarks only apply in commerce. You use them to identify goods and services.

@  Ashley : (16 August 2019 - 11:55 PM)

Yeah, you also need to apply for it. They might've never bothered to trademark that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

Trademark affects titles and product names, not every word in writing. For example, DC called their character "Captain Marvel" as recently as 2014.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 08:30 PM)

You missed my point. I was addressing the usage of the phrase in dialogue. Hence the quotation marks.

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Well, they can anyway, they might just not be able to call it that...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:54 PM)

It would be awesome for Transformers to have the likes of Overlord and Sky Lynx "engage multi-vector assault mode!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:53 PM)

It is a shame that "multi-vector assault mode" is probably trademarked for Star Trek.

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 10:54 PM)

Only if they manage to boomer-proof it

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

(and would that really be a bad thing?)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Wouldn't a cybernetic singularity actually remove one or more of the top levels of Maslow's hierarchy?

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM)

Tomy made some strange selections on their first wave of Tomica releases for the US

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 August 2019 - 06:26 PM)

Resistance is futile.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 06:20 PM)

I would be down for a nice cybernetic singularity if it meant we could actually reach the top of maslow's hierarchy.

@  Ashley : (15 August 2019 - 05:44 PM)

I'm pretty sure the origin of the villains in GaoGaiGar was a computer being told to reduce the stress of the population and it's answer was to assimilate everyone.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Executions then followed by nano reanimation then cryonic suspension until everyone you know is deactivated for good so you can build happiness in a future society.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 01:47 PM)

As opposed to the ones that lie already? As a civilization: we're emotional and socially broken. Might as well have the society that at least wants us to be "happy".

Photo
- - - - -

New York Comic-Con (NYCC) 2018 Thread

413 replies to this topic

#401 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19023 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

There are plenty of reveals if you love Geewun and hate alt modes!

But yeah, any other year Voyager Shockwave would've been HUGE! This time around though, we just got two others in Cyberverse and Authentics, Siege isn't *quite* so special. Even less if you count Prime, FoC, CW, or MP Shockwave (just imagine if Siege didn't have that silly armor gimmick!). Apply this to the same dozen or so characters that now appear in everything with mostly the same look, and well...

I get your point, but this is actually the first "true" neo-G1 Shockwave. Every other version has had some kind of deviation from the formula (Mazda, video game model, legends combiner partner, too-expensive MP). I do suppose we should be lucky that Shockwave is one of the few Sunbow designs to only have a cybertronian mode or even this new Siege toy would be another deviation.

What does price have to do with whether MP Shockwave was G1 enough? He cost partly what he did because he is the most G1 without actually being G1. This new one isn't any more G1 than any number of other versions since he doesn't turn into a giant space cannon. I mean, this new one is essentially the Walgreens Shockwave with more articulation.

edit to add: I also don't know what "'true' neo-G1" even means.

Edited by Dake, 08 October 2018 - 02:27 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#402 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38868 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

I also find those distinctions pretty dubious.  This one deviates more than the CW version and I figured MPs aren't worth counting since their express purpose is to be as close to G1 models as physically possible.  Shockwave's one of the only ones I'm interested in specifically because they took some liberties like armor and four arms.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#403 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2643 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

I'm just thinking back to Arcee and Overlord, who for years and years didn't have any options at all. We've been spoiled with Shockwave by comparison.

#404 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10484 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

I mean that we never got a proper/normal Shockwave update in the same vein as Classics Optimus, Universe Prowl, Generations Wheeljack, etc. MP and CW are probably as close as it gets but size is obviously an issue. Siege Shockwave comes with a bunch of extra accessories, but they are just accessories and his core robot is a pretty faithful update.

#405 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40176 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

*scratches head*

didn't they reveal... three voyagers, a leader, three deluxes, two legends, some battlemasters, hinted at a titan class... two ultras, several warriors, buttloads of one-changers and the like, an ultimate, a studio series exclusive...

What exactly is your threshold for a good number of reveals?  Is it sixty million?

oh i see what happened, somebody jinxed the thread

slackingontherevealsfront.png

#406 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7422 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

*scratches head*

didn't they reveal... three voyagers, a leader, three deluxes, two legends, some battlemasters, hinted at a titan class... two ultras, several warriors, buttloads of one-changers and the like, an ultimate, a studio series exclusive...

What exactly is your threshold for a good number of reveals?  Is it sixty million?

55 actually.  

hug, sorry for asking a question. I just thought most of what we had seen we had seen a few months ago.  And I get it, a few months ago, not expecting TONS of new stuff.  Lesson learned, Ill never ask a question on the internet again.  

#407 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10484 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

Don't sweat it. I'd say it was pretty average for their typical NYCC showing. It was nice to finally get all the early Cons revealed.

#408 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 1370 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

I did notice (unless I missed it) that there was no surprise 'this is up now for order, go for it' thing.

#409 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17423 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:03 PM

That was Studio Series Drift.

#410 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4523 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:57 PM

I think the reveals were sufficient.  The reality is that stuff like Soundwave, his minions, and guys like Brunt and Red alert won't hit until spring or summer anyway.  We FINALLY saw the completion of wave 1, and I'm sure NYTF will be filling out the remainder of the year alongside any new initiatives.

#411 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9655 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:12 PM

Do I correctly understand that Red Alert was not discussed by Hasbro at NYCC and thus we should assume that he will be wave 3 or later?

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#412 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40176 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:34 PM

I think we should assume he will be an Autobot.  

#413 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8015 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:36 PM

I'm glad Red Alert had his red head.  Helps make him feel less like Cosplay Sideswipe.

#414 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25949 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:34 AM

I did notice (unless I missed it) that there was no surprise 'this is up now for order, go for it' thing.

That was Studio Series Drift.

They also noted the recent Amazon listing for MPM Beetle Bee.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users