Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo
- - - - -

The Disney Afternoon/Toon Disney Thread: feat. DuckTales, Talespin, Aladdin, etc.

Disney Afternoon DuckTales Talespin Rescue Rangers Aladdin Pepper Ann Hercules The Little Mermaid Darkwing Duck Gargoyles

165 replies to this topic

#121 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29309 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:51 AM

The newer Mickey Shorts kinda allow for that tho. Theres some really interesting stylization (and frightening too, GOOFY) going on in them that allows for Mickey to have a much more playful and mischievous personality. Hes even allowed to get angry and yell, which is something I always valued in Kermit the Frog over Mickey as a brand mascot.

Alot of those shorts seem to fly in the face of what we understand Mickey is allowed to be like these days and its largely refreshing.

(Now if only there was a way to binge those shorts on Disney+ without having to stop after each one and select the next one)

"Minnifred, where is your butler?"
"I don't have a butler..."
"WHAT?! Baloney sandwiches!? NO butler?!?"

#122 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31090 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:00 AM

Oh, I thought it would be something like there was a divorce happening or something.

Thankfully, that idea has only ever been fan speculation.

Goof Troop showed that Peg and Pete do love each other very much in spite of their respective flaws, as their anniversary episode revealed that they've been married together for 20 years, while another episode had one of Pete's rivals try to woo Peg away from Pete and she faithfully rejected him to stand by her husband, stating (in response to an insult the guy made about Pete's obesity) "There may be a lot of him but he's all mine!"

Also, little known fact: In the French magazine Le Journal de Mickey, there was a particular Mickey Mouse comic published in February 1995 that was set during that specific month and year, and which featured the Goof Troop versions of Pete, P.J., and Peg. The three were in the final scene after the comic's main story starring Mickey and Goofy had already finished up, and the three were shown to be living happily together, with Pete deciding to treat Peg and P.J. to an evening at the movies.

If one wanted to consider this obscure French comic to be in continuity with the rest of the larger Goof Troop universe (which I myself personally do and see no reason not to), then its taking place a mere four months before A Goofy Movie (which takes place in June 1995) and showing Peg and Pete still happily married together during that time would practically debunk the fan theory of their having divorced each other prior to A Goofy Movie. :)

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#123 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7869 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:28 PM

I could never really connect Goof Troop and the movie in my head. PJ is obviously a clear link, but no Peg makes it harder to draw that line. What really lost me though was the switch from Dana Hill to Jason Marsden. I know Max is a little older but still.

Hadn't realised Hill had passed away shortly after the movie was released. Sad.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#124 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31090 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:27 PM

There actually exist two Goof Troop comics originally published in Disney Adventures magazine that take place after A Goofy Movie, with one featuring Max and P.J. interacting with Bobby, Roxanne, and Stacey during the next school year (which would be 10th grade), and the other featuring Max, Goofy, and P.J. wearing their Goof Troop clothes during this post-movie era but then P.J. switches to his movie clothes by the comic's end since Roxanne also shows up at that point too. I presume that the second comic takes place even later during the next school year after the one in the first comic (which would here be 11th grade) since it is implied that Max and Roxanne have been dating each other for a long time by this point.

Readable scans of the first one can be found here (scroll WAY down the page since it's near the bottom past a whole bunch of other things, below a poster for A Goofy Movie and above stuff about An Extremely Goofy Movie) and scans of the second one can be read here.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#125 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9650 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:45 AM

Man I rememeber reading those. It never really occurred to me that Max and PJ kinda regressed back to their old styles after the movie came out. But then again I was always more enthused about the Gargoyles comics or Darkwing.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#126 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31090 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:29 AM

Man I rememeber reading those. It never really occurred to me that Max and PJ kinda regressed back to their old styles after the movie came out. But then again I was always more enthused about the Gargoyles comics or Darkwing.

There actually does exist a complete guide for every issue of Disney Adventures that featured a comic strip based on a TV show from The Disney Afternoon, which can be found here.

Of course, other issues had other comics in them, but ones that were based on other properties than those that were specifically part of The Disney Afternoon.

#127 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31090 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

And here is the song below. If the audio is too fuzzy, readable lyrics for the song can be found here.

#128 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9409 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:17 AM

Saw it somewhere.

MPLU9yt.jpg

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#129 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10932 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:45 AM

Saw it somewhere.

MPLU9yt.jpg

Oh yeah, I remember that being pointed out in a copy of Disney Adventures. Certainly lends credence to how the new Ducktales series handled its version of Bigfoot.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#130 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31090 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:11 PM

#131 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8306 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 01:52 AM

That way that Pete says "At least my son respects me" gives me chills. Every time.

#132 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31090 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 11:20 AM

DUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!

#133 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9409 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:52 PM

Good job on those two! They used the Powerline and back up dancers moves too!

Actually, it always bugged me when Max told his dad to do the Perfect Cast, it wasn't the actual Perfect Cast for fishing. Like (checking video), where's the pointing to the clock, the teapot? I think the tiptoe was the loosening up part. And he did do a twirl. The moonwalk wasn't there before. I would have liked it if the parallel moves were more obvious.

Also, from searching in YouTube, the Goofy and Max mascots actually have a perfect cast dance set. Probably official if the mascots did it.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#134 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31090 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:22 PM

Heh heh, director Kevin Lima just Tweeted that he likes the fan-suggested idea of Powerline's real name being "Linus Powers". :D

#135 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31090 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:56 AM

New "A Goofy Movie" Themed Merchandise Collection Coming to Disney Store Japan on May 8th

#136 HarryCanyon82

HarryCanyon82
  • Protoform
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:12 PM

Been a fan since i was 5 when Ducktales first aired and was 7 when Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers aired afternoons, 8 when Talespin aired afternoons, 9 when Darkwing Duck aired mornings , 10 when Goof Troop aired  in the mornings and 12 when Gargoyles and Aladdin came out in the mornings.

#137 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9409 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:27 PM

mk7pRra.jpg

I didn't watch Magnum PI. Was Tom Selleck as dopey as Dale?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#138 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7869 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

No. But that is awesome.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#139 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 4945 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:13 PM

Only on the Murder, She Wrote episode he guest starred on.

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#140 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9409 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:41 PM

Only on the Murder, She Wrote episode he guest starred on.

Seriously? It was a tv show crossover? That's funny, hehe

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney Afternoon, DuckTales, Talespin, Rescue Rangers, Aladdin, Pepper Ann, Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users