Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

Photo

PlayStation Classic launches December 3

76 replies to this topic

#41 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4607 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:03 PM

To be fair, the games they could choose were probably limited by the lack of analog sticks...which WAS a really stupid decision on their part, but I guess that probably kept this somewhat affordable.  And Sony doesn't actually OWN any of the games people seem to want (like Castlevania, Crash, and Spyro), so it's not really Sony's fault.  That's kind of the problem with relying so much on third-party support...you don't actually OWN anything that makes you successful down the line.  

The first Persona is a welcome surprise, though.  It's probably the shortened and butchered original PS1 version, but it's always nice to have more RPGs on these machines. 

But that doesn't make this game lineup any more appealing.  Especially since I could easily see them releasing a different version with analog sticks in the future.  And since most of these games are available on the PS3 if nothing else.  More than half of these games just don't appeal to me.  

But I'll defend Rayman's inclusion.  It's a very pretty game for the time period and it's the only platformer on this machine other than Jumping Flash.  Visually, it's probably the game that's aged the best on this list.  Maybe it would've been a better idea to have Legend of Mana on here, knowing the audience, but, again, that wouldn't be Sony's call to make.

Sony still has rights (I can understand Gran Turismo because of the car rights) to:

Warhawk

Colony Wars

Wipeout (and 3 iterations to pick from)

Medievil

Alundra

G-Police

Jet Moto

Tomba

Legend of Dragoon

Crazy Ivan

Assault Rigs

Moto Toon Grand Prix 2

Disruptor (a FPS from Insomniac)

Sony produced a LOT of self content, especially through Pysgnosis.

More RPGs?

Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Dragoon, Alundra, Brave Fencer Musashi, Arc the Lad.

As for Rayman? I counter with Adventures of Lomax.  A spin off from Lemmings (which Sony owns), it covers much the same area as Rayman as a 2D action platformer, and it doesn't look half bad, either.  There's also cult classic Klonoa, which exemplifies the experimentation going on during that era of game design.

I just get the feeling that Sony was so worried about tieing the system to the current market (with GTA, Persona and Tom Clancy especially), that they didn't know or care about the actual console legacy.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 29 October 2018 - 09:20 PM.

#42 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8216 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:17 PM

The first Persona is a welcome surprise, though.  It's probably the shortened and butchered original PS1 version, but it's always nice to have more RPGs on these machines. 

You know what would have a been a better RPG to put on instead of the first Persona?

Literally any other RPG on the Playstation.

#43 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5832 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

With Persona and GTA, it's like they're going for the beginnings of series that got popular later, rather than games that were necessarily good or popular themselves.

The Japanese list is distinctly better, but still has a similar lack of games from the system's later years.

#44 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3612 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:12 PM

Wow, those are the games they selected?  I guess Resident Evil 2 was off limits because of the remake and Castlevania:  SOTN is off limits because Sony is helping Konami port that and Rondo Of Blood to the PS4 in a console-exclusive collection.  Ditto to Crash and Spyro because of the N. Sane Trilogy and Reignited Trilogy.

As for the other games:  Nice to see Metal Gear Solid make the cut, and Battle Arena Toshinden is a good addition seeing as how it was an early release, and it was originally planned for Sofia, one of the fighters in the game, to be the Playstation's mascot.  If I had to change one thing, it would be Twisted Metal, and replace it with Twisted Metal 2, because TM2 improved on TM and brought us Axel the man strapped to two wheels.  Also, I'd replace Syphon Filter, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Destruction Derby, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, and Grand Theft Auto with better games like Tomba, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Legacy Of Kain:  Soul Reaver, Soulblade, and Klonoa.

#45 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11056 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 October 2018 - 11:26 PM

Spikeriley, don’t most of the games your suggesting require the duel shock?

And with a lot of Sony’s recent decisions, we may be giving them to much credit on some of these decisions.

#46 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22351 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

To be fair, the games they could choose were probably limited by the lack of analog sticks...which WAS a really stupid decision on their part, but I guess that probably kept this somewhat affordable.  And Sony doesn't actually OWN any of the games people seem to want (like Castlevania, Crash, and Spyro), so it's not really Sony's fault.  That's kind of the problem with relying so much on third-party support...you don't actually OWN anything that makes you successful down the line.  

But that doesn't make this game lineup any more appealing.  Especially since I could easily see them releasing a different version with analog sticks in the future.  And since most of these games are available on the PS3 if nothing else.  More than half of these games just don't appeal to me.  

But I'll defend Rayman's inclusion.  It's a very pretty game for the time period and it's the only platformer on this machine other than Jumping Flash.  Visually, it's probably the game that's aged the best on this list.  Maybe it would've been a better idea to have Legend of Mana on here, knowing the audience, but, again, that wouldn't be Sony's call to make.

MGS is by Konami, they could have included Castlevania too if they wanted. But they just put out the Requiem collection, so there's that.

Crash and Spyro have new remasters out so Activision wants the sales to focus on THOSE.

I KIND of understand PaRappa because there's a recent Remaster out, but you can't deny it's a tentpole. Same as Wipeout.

Tomba, even though it's a dead property, is one of the greatest platformers ever made. I'd have loved to have seen both it and its sequel.

I'm more on the niche side so I'd have loved to see Armored Core, Devil Dice, both Tomba games and PaRappa.

The Japanese PS1 Classic is getting Parasite Eve...I mean, OK. It's pretty niche even in Japan. But them getting Devil Dice and Armored Core? I just hope this is as equally easily hackable as the Nintendo Retro systems because there's gonna be a homebrew scene whether Sony likes it or not.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#47 Caldwin

Caldwin

Cool but crude

• Supporter
  • 24897 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:03 AM

You see, I just can't get behind the "the just came out with a remaster" argument. Final Fantasy VII has been released on both the PS3 and PS4, with the PS4 version having some upgrades. It made the cut.

Also, having just released games on every Virtual Console in existence didn't stop Nintendo from putting its Marios, Zeldas and Metroids on their mini-consoles...and again on the Switch online.

I really don't think one has anything to do with the other anyway. The mini-system is a completely separate system from the PS4 you get the remasters on.

I think it's just some poor decision making on Sony's part.
PSN = Caldwin Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#48 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46509 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:59 AM

Not really all that much of an exciting line up. Sort of wish Legend of the Dragoon and Silent Hill were chosen.

#49 tec

tec

classic

• Supporter
  • 31288 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:23 AM

No one and I mean no one is going to be happy with the PS1 list of games and thats a good thing heres why...

The PS1 is the first system to really have a diverse set of games from just about every genre in gaming and for most of them to be good as well... if not great

Tactical nuts have: FF Tactics, Front Mission 3, Panzer General

Sim Nuts Have: Grand Tourismo F1 Racing, Eagle One

Shooter Fans have: Raiden Triad, Einhander, Thunder Force V

The list goes on and on for every category of games out there the PS1 has a game for everyone

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#50 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11056 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:35 AM

No one and I mean no one is going to be happy with the PS1 list of games and thats a good thing heres why...

The PS1 is the first system to really have a diverse set of games from just about every genre in gaming and for most of them to be good as well... if not great

The list goes on and on for every category of games out there the PS1 has a game for everyone

Sorry.. Gonna argue. I think the SNES was -far- more diverse.

But I do think the PS classic should have had the original Legacy of Kain.

Edited by Tm_Silverclaw, 31 October 2018 - 08:36 AM.

#51 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mummy...?

• Supporter
  • 18245 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:53 AM

I was kind of interested in this till I saw the games list.

There's a few on there that jump out at me as games I've been meaning to play.  MGS, Oddworld, Rayman...  But the lack of Dualshock controller really hamstrings the options and cuts out quite a few exceptionally classic PS1 games.  Like, how they can release a PSClassic and not have Silent Hill on there is just baffling.  Yes, no dualshock but that's a manufactured problem.  If they had wanted to include Dualshock games, they easily could have.

As it is... it's really not an attractive enough list to justify the buy.  I almost feel like it would be more worth the money to find one of the several PSone releases and just buy that and whatever games I want to play.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 31 October 2018 - 08:54 AM.

nzo8WYb.png

#52 tec

tec

classic

• Supporter
  • 31288 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

Sorry.. Gonna argue. I think the SNES was -far- more diverse.

But I do think the PS classic should have had the original Legacy of Kain.

Really?

What was SNES version of Gran Tourismo? Armored Core? Ace Combat 2,3? THPS?

The SNES was a fantastic machine but there are things that the PS1 got right and did better Raceing ,simulation are just two examples

Beside thats not what this is about its about how no two people are going to agree on the perfect PS1 list for a classic not if the SNES was more diverse

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#53 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4607 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:04 AM

As it is... it's really not an attractive enough list to justify the buy.  I almost feel like it would be more worth the money to find one of the several PSone releases and just buy that and whatever games I want to play.

Or a PS3.  Over 2/3rd of the games are readily available for download for that device and it can play original discs.  That's in addition to the wealth of stuff a decade old console has access to.

#54 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4607 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:32 PM

I agree to an extent.  The limited number of titles always meant compromise.

THAT SAID....

I feel safe in saying Sony picked some STRANGE titles for a device celebrating the original Playstation.  To me, GTA and Persona didn't get good and well received until later entries (much as many people have all but ignored the original Street Fighter or Final Fantasy. The sequel(s) were just SO much better), and Rainbow Six was just a poor port of a game to begin with.  Why are there THREE puzzle games...but only two RPGs?

No, it wasn't ever going to be the "perfect collection", but it is highly disappointing that games that DEFINED the console (like Tomb Raider, Crash, Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Armored Core, Wipeout) are not present, but we get stuff like Mr Driller, Puzzle Fighter and a crap port of Rainbow Six?

#55 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6708 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

I was kind of interested in this till I saw the games list.

There's a few on there that jump out at me as games I've been meaning to play.  MGS, Oddworld, Rayman...  But the lack of Dualshock controller really hamstrings the options and cuts out quite a few exceptionally classic PS1 games.  Like, how they can release a PSClassic and not have Silent Hill on there is just baffling.  Yes, no dualshock but that's a manufactured problem.  If they had wanted to include Dualshock games, they easily could have.

I'm not sure why people keep listing no DS controller for the reason of game selection. I belive Ape escape was the only western game to require it.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#56 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18669 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:44 PM

My reaction. (I forget how to embed tweets.)

Glad to see Battle Arena Toshinden

Pretty sure you are so far the first and only person I've seen say this.

(I have no real opinion; all I remember are the ads and hype.)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 11 November 2018 - 04:58 PM.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#57 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4607 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

My reaction. (I forget how to embed tweets.)

Glad to see Battle Arena Toshinden

Pretty sure you are so far the first and only person I've seen say this.

(I have no real opinion; all I remember are the ads and hype.)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

To me, a classic console of any kind needs to paint a picture of that device's "identity".  Typically, that includes the best games, but I think it should also include the evolution of the device.  The NES is a good example, where you had basic early release games like Super Mario Bros 1 and the pre-NES arcade ports, to games like Kirby and Star Tropics which showed just how far the system got in terms of sophistication.  Even the SNES Classic touched on that by including later titles like Donkey Kong Country and Star Fox 2, demonstrating an evolution from Super Mario World and F-Zero.

In that respect, I feel the Playstation Classic was in a similar situation.  It was as much a "transitional device" as the NES was in its time.  I think it was important to include some of those major initial wave games like Destruction Derby, Toshinden, and the MIA Wipeout as well as demonstrate how the system advanced.  To me, BAT was a key hype generator for the device, but Tekken 3 is basically the pinnacle of 3D fighters on the device.  Destruction Derby was comparable to many similar racers in 1995, while R4 was the product of the prior generation of refinement.  Jumping Flash is a decent 3D shooter, but where is cult classic Omega Boost (from the makers of Gran Turismo)?

Resident Evil DC is a fine addition, but I feel Silent Hill should have been there to "contrast" in style and tone and design sophistication.

To me, Take 2 and Ubisoft have no reason to be on this device.  Those franchises would not become staples for another generation.  I don't understand Mr. Driller when they could have gotten anything from Klonoa to Ace Combat.  Square is immensely underutilized, lacking Tomb Raider (a STAPLE for the console) and missing an opportunity for Ehrgiez, a cult classic FAR more in demand than Persona.

And from my post earlier, Sony themselves have access to a WEALTH of house titles to pull from.  Warhawk, the nigh-forgotten Colony Wars, G-Police, Motertoon Grand Prix, Omega Boost, FREAKIN' WIPEOUT....

The whole thing feels exceedingly rushed, with no significant thought put in besides snagging Tekken, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil and Ridge Racer.  I'm still of the view that we'll get a refreshed "25th Anniversary" device next year that will address the lackluster selection this time around.  Sony will be able to sell the thing TWICE just by producing this lackluster version first.

#58 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4607 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:53 PM

So you know that wonder that is the fact we now have a world standardized format for TV and video equipment?  So we don't have to worry about Europe's funky PAL monitor difference at running at a lower hertz than the US and Japan?  Someone forgot to tell Sony that, apparently.  In what can only be called outright incompetence, Sony decided to use the PAL versions for 9 of the PS Classic titles.  As a result, the games effectively run at 50 instead of 60 frames per second.

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

And it so happens that BOTH fighting games are among them!  So that means we have a lackluster selection, with no analog sticks (which will make Rainbow Six even MORE of a bitch to play), and now some of the games are PAL versions which means they won't feel right.  And the fact both fighters are among them is just pouring salt in the wound.

#59 Caldwin

Caldwin

Cool but crude

• Supporter
  • 24897 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

Well, the last couple videos I posted were from Playstation Access (which as much as I like the channel, was way too fanboyish for this), and RGT85 (slightly less fanboyish but still totally on board).

RGT seems to have come down a bit harsher on it now. I'd like to see if Playstation Access still wants to defend it.

Me? I started out iffy on this. I've gotten progressively "nope" about it. I guess at least I still have the PSN store.
PSN = Caldwin Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#60 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4607 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:39 AM

Some venues still come across as ass kissing...the broad critical response is coming across as quite negative

https://www.gamespot...p/1100-6463473/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users