Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

Photo

WandaVision - streaming series coming to Disney+

50 replies to this topic

#1 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14606 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

https://variety.com/...ice-1202947551/

Disney is enlisting Earths Mightiest Heroes as the company prepares to launch its upcoming streaming service. The entertainment giant is in early development on an ambitious plan for a number of limited series centered on popular characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These series will likely include shows centered on Loki and the Scarlet Witch, along with other beloved superheroes who have yet to appear in their own standalone movies.

Marvel and Disney had no comment.

Theres an important distinction from other Marvel small screen efforts, however. The actors who portrayed these heroes and villains in the Avengers films and their spin-offs, such as Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen, are expected to play them in the streaming shows. Moreover, though sources close to the production are staying mum on the cost of the programming, the budgets are expected to be hefty rivaling those of a major studio productions. Each series is expected to include six to eight episodes. Marvel Studios will produce the shows and Kevin Feige, the guru of all things MCU, is expected to take a hands-on role in their development.

The pricey gamble with one of the crown jewels of the Disney film empire is a sign of how much the company has riding on its direct-to-consumer platform. As companies such as Netflix and Amazon continue to grow their user base, Disney is trying to find a way to establish a toehold in the streaming revolution upending Hollywood. The company has kept the details of the service close to the vest, beyond saying that it will likely cost less than Netflix and will launch at some point in late 2019.

Disney has already started to unwind its licensing deals in order to put as much premium content on the platform as possible. Thats meant that the company is forfeiting billions of dollars in profit, as well as shouldering the cost of developing the technology. The company has announced a number of high-profile projects, including a Star Wars series overseen by Jungle Book director Jon Favreau, a show based on High School Musical, and a live-action Lady and the Tramp film. The company also plans to offer several new releases when it launches, including its live-action Dumbo film and Captain Marvel.

Many of these projects are expensive bets. The Star Wars series will reportedly cost $100 million and the movies are expected to carry budgets north of $25 million. However, Disney has to spend big to make an impression. Netflix, its main rival, has 125 million subscribers globally and has lured top talent like Ryan Murphy (American Horror Story), Kenya Barris (Black-ish), and Shonda Rhimes (Greys Anatomy) to its platform with record-setting deals.

The Marvel series are in early development and writers have yet to be attached to the projects. Marvel TV Studios and Disney have been active with shows that include ABCs Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Netflixs Daredevil, but sources say those shows will stay under Marvel TV banner with these limited series set under Marvel Studios.

Storylines for each series are still being teased out, but Disney appears to be holding back some significant fire power for the big screen. Insiders stress the Avengers that have gotten their own movies like Iron Man and Captain America will not be featured in the series with the studios focusing on characters who have served as second tier characters in the MCU.

When all is said and done, the Avengers shows could be the streaming services most ambitious project both in terms of their scope and budget. Most important, it gives the service something that will attract comic book fans and represents the type of content Netflix would love to get its hands on.

HUGE NEWS.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 18 September 2018 - 09:50 PM.

Yep.

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65832 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:49 PM

I would be for a Scarlet Witch series. She is rather unknown and still interesting.

ACItEK8.png

#3 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:31 PM

Bring back Agent Carter, dammit.

(I'd love a Ghost Rider series too. but I know better than to think they'll ever let TV stuff near the movie stuff at this point.)

#4 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22350 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:52 PM

*SLAMS TABLE*

GIVE ME A FRACTION HAWKEYE ADAPTATION MINISERIES WITH RENNER.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#5 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12319 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:11 AM

What exactly are they gonna do to make Scarlet Witch "interesting?" Her most prominent comic storyline is House of M and I don't think ANYBODY wants to go through that again.

Plus, I really don't think I could put up long-term with the actress who sounds like she should be out hunting moose and squirrel...

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#6 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14606 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:32 AM

*SLAMS TABLE*

GIVE ME A FRACTION HAWKEYE ADAPTATION MINISERIES WITH RENNER.

HAWKGUY OR BUST BRO!

Plus, I really don't think I could put up long-term with the actress who sounds like she should be out hunting moose and squirrel...

It seems like she had basically dropped the accent by "Infinity War".

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 19 September 2018 - 08:35 AM.

Yep.

#7 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4124 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

If Vision is there they can base it off of the "Vision and Scarlet Witch" comics.  That was a really fun comic, and it provides plenty of excellent fodder that could be used for a TV series.

#8 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1268 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:51 AM

It seems like she had basically dropped the accent by "Infinity War".

When I was on the long flight to Japan, I watched Age of Ultron and Civil War back to back, and, wow, I noticed they almost completely dropped the accent.

That being said, it sounds cool, especially if they get the original actors to do it. 

Though doesn't that mean

Spoiler

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#9 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10486 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:24 AM

...dang, Disney, you keep on giving me reasons to consider that new streaming service of yours.

Doing limited run TV series focusing on particular characters from the films that couldn't support their own standalone stuff is fine by my reckoning, so long as they don't trash continuity. Plus, done right, these could be argued as being stories set in unseen parts of the MCU.

Spoiler

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#10 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4586 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

Dang, Disney really is chucking a TON of money at this service.  I'm game for any series from the MCU crew, and combined with a live action Star Wars series?  I'm excited to see what they produce.

#11 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14606 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:41 PM

I hadn't really taken into account that Disney holds the television rights for almost all of their characters. That means, even if SONY took back the rights to Spider-Man they could continue to do use Spider-Man in any live-action MCU shows. Also, a few years ago there were also rumors of a HULK mini-series to skirt around Universal's distribution deal. That could definitely become a reality with Marvel Studios moving to television.

It'll also be interesting to see how Jeff Loeb and Marvel TV react to Marvel Studios making this jump, since there's bad blood there to begin with.

Yep.

#12 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28055 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

They can probably just have to grin and bear it as Disney just gave it's streaming service a serious shot in the arm.

Ironbite-Netflix...damn.

xC9l3eY.gif

#13 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17292 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

Mark me super interested in a Hulk series.

Budget CGI issues might be tricky though.

-ZacWilliam, I just would really love to see some of, any of, the Peter David era Hulk stuff make it to a live action something someday.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 19 September 2018 - 07:59 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#14 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46387 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:03 PM

Scarlet Witch limited series?

*Slaps money on the table*

That'll get my money.

#15 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14606 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:35 AM

Budget CGI issues might be tricky though.

Reports are saying that the budget of these miniseries will rival major Hollywood productions. I'm hoping that it's enough to support full CGI-characters.

Yep.

#16 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9353 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:59 AM

It'll also be interesting to see how Jeff Loeb and Marvel TV react to Marvel Studios making this jump, since there's bad blood there to begin with.

Good, maybe it'll get him to make Marvel cartoons that aren't forgettable and mediocre.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#17 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8620 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 03:01 AM

I'd love for the Scarlet series to be the time she and Vision grew close together. Between the (Civil and Infinity) wars. But with no Vision in the title, seems unlikely.

It'd be something geared for ladies, ala drama and romance. Show that the MCU isn't just about action. Loki's series can take care of their lust.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#18 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62190 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 September 2018 - 03:03 AM

wow, the rift between the film and tv guys must be super serious if they're doing this 

#19 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32870 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:04 AM

What exactly are they gonna do to make Scarlet Witch "interesting?" Her most prominent comic storyline is House of M and I don't think ANYBODY wants to go through that again.

Quiet, you!
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#20 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46387 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:15 AM

Ironically, a House of M type situation would be a great way for the MCU to get Mutants into the universe without much fuss or bother.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users