Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

Photo

Spider-Man on PS4

75 replies to this topic

#41 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

OAy2GH9.jpg

#42 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6837 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:09 PM

Hilarious genius.

https://twitter.com/...359453708271616

Attached Thumbnails

• rrsfjt56lnkyfha9brpx.png

WsuGTl1.jpg

#43 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:50 PM

Finally earned the comic suit.
8BgklAJ.jpg

#44 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:15 AM

bLd7hlk.jpg

#45 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3681 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:41 AM

since i gave up on trying to finish the game, post-prison break...(i at first hated, and then loved Spider-Geddon #0 for the spoilers, made my decision to give up feel a little easier)...i spend the last 2 days playing and mostly really enjoying the DLC, "The Heist".

I LOVE Black Cats design, her voice, everything. Its just generally been a nice "Throwback" to the more fun earlier parts of the main game. My only real complaints are the enemies with the gattling guns, and Screwballs super annoying challenges (i dont like Taskmasters either...no matter what i do i simply can NOT get higher than a bronze on ANY of them...grr arrgh immortalis smash puny controller!)

Totally looking forward to the other 2 DLCs...any reason to keep playing that ain't frustrating, makes me a happy boy hehe =]

Edited by D Immortalis, 11 November 2018 - 02:50 AM.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#46 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6837 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:48 AM

Fighting Taskmaster is one of the most frustrating things I've done in a video game in a loooong time. I can't even come close to beating him.

Edited by Maruten, 11 November 2018 - 02:48 AM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#47 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:20 AM

I'm about 88% done. I'm trying to clear all the side missions and such before finishing the story. Problem is I'm now at the point where skill is key so it's holding me back. Case in point, I need to be better at the challenges to earn enough tokens to unlock and complete the suits.

Today I did manage to finish the blue sidequests, which PSN informs me only 33% of players have done.

#48 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

Is the DLC explicitly post game or if you start a new game will the missions be sprinkled in with the main story?

#49 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:23 AM

Is the DLC explicitly post game or if you start a new game will the missions be sprinkled in with the main story?

From what I've seen it's post game and if you select it it's treated as an extended side quest campaign. Case in point there's stuff with Miles that only works in the timeline based on something Peter learns at the end of the game.

#50 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

DsOeSfFXoAAUA1I.jpg

#51 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10530 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:32 PM

My friend is giving me a copy tomorrow. Based on everything I've seen and read, it looks really fun

#52 Glenn

Glenn

• Supporter
  • 10530 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:07 AM

Okay.. so just finished the first couple of story missions and..

I am exceptionally bad at fighting, but extremely good at getting shot and beat down by brutes.

#53 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6837 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

I did find that it took a while to get the hang of the combat. You'll crack it though. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#54 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4675 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:46 PM

vgN3lyw.jpg

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#55 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

Okay.. so just finished the first couple of story missions and..

I am exceptionally bad at fighting, but extremely good at getting shot and beat down by brutes.

Get into a sync of using circle and directional controls whenever things are getting too intense along with pushing down to heal straight after. I was terrible at it at first but once you got it down it works. Unlike the Arkham games, Spidey's fighting is more about leaping and dodging with no counter button to do the work for you. Learn to get hits in when you can, dodge when enemies advance and web thugs up to give yourself room to breathe.

#56 Glenn

Glenn

• Supporter
  • 10530 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:36 AM

I reduced the difficulty to easy for now.. i can always change it back to amazing later. So far I've activated. Few towers got 7 backpacks and solved a few of the lab puzzles. Only about half way through level 4 and on the 'return to the lab to repair suit' mission

#57 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

I got this downloaded yesterday getting the Deluxe edition for the regulars price on PSN's Black Friday deals. Played just past getting the new suit and then proceeded to grab every tower and Backpack. Want to unlock the Scarlet Spider suit but I guess I got to progress a bit more to unlock the tokens needed for it.

#58 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

Completed the research stations. The last one apparently only appears once you have all the rest done. I wanted to get it done pre-end game because I heard you get a dialogue only if you achieve it before the twist late in the game.

Also ended up cheating and using a guide to do complete the Octavius spectograph puzzles. I can do the circuit boards just fine but the spectographs give me trouble.

At this point I need to replay the bases to earn the extra tokens, get better at the Taskmaster challenges (bomb one I can't even finish at my current web swing skill level) and find all the hidden photo ops. I did at least finally do the hallucination level, which means I'm now stuck with a Miles stealth section...yay.

#59 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22296 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

I've been playing this (and streaming at twitch.tv/internetjesus0 hint hint) and my god I'm enjoying the hell out of it. As a Spidey nerd, I appreciate all the costume Easter eggs. Right now I've got the white 2099 outfit as my default with the Infinity War Iron Spider legs so I can do the Taskmaster combat challenges and the Demon warehouses fast.

I've JUST beaten Mr. Negative and I want to finish all the research stations before going on the next Story mission. Maybe I'll do sidequests, too.

Hopefully the last DLC has the Superior Spidey, Future Foundation and Symbiote outfits. I feel those are the only really good ones missing.

Edited by Internet Jesus, 06 December 2018 - 10:02 PM.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#60 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

Insomniac said no symbiote suit because they want to do it as an actual plot in a future game.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users