Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 September 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Funny thing is, I think the pocket edition graphics give the game more personality.

@  MEDdMI : (06 September 2018 - 11:10 PM)

Final Finception

@  Waspinator : (06 September 2018 - 10:29 PM)

They've made a PS4 version of Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition. For those keeping score, it's the PS4 version of a smartphone version of a PS4 game.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Ah HA! turns out the trick to installing the rift software was to run it as an admin. Stupid windows 10.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Awright! I got the display port working! Which means I can now connect my occulus rift!

@  MEDdMI : (04 September 2018 - 10:38 PM)

*just stares*

@  Noideaforaname : (04 September 2018 - 09:36 PM)

Hello there

@  wonko the sane? : (04 September 2018 - 09:06 PM)

Howdy.

@  RichardT1977 : (03 September 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Or just a set of arms and shoulder cannons that combined Legends Godbomber with CW Optimus.

@  RichardT1977 : (03 September 2018 - 07:10 PM)

I still wish someone would make an upgrade kit for Combiner Wars Optimus that transformed from a trailer to a set of limbs with Powermaster shoulder cannons...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (03 September 2018 - 09:48 AM)

I read that as "Basilisky" for some reason.

@  Anonymous X : (03 September 2018 - 03:45 AM)

Basicslly

Photo
- - - - -

Volkswagon Beetle has reached the end of the line

16 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 10336 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

Volkswagen confirmed Thursday that it will end production of the Beetle in 2019, though it hinted that the car could one day be revived.

The future of the iconic Beetle had been a subject of speculation for months.

The German automaker has shifted its emphasis to SUVs and a range of still-to-come new electric cars under the I.D. nameplate.

The Beetle had fallen out of favor among American consumers despite its iconic body style.

hope this isn't some kind of weird omen for the Bumblebee Movie...

SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone! TWITTER: Paladin4221

#2 Teufel

Teufel

Doesn't look like anything to me.

• Supporter
  • 5580 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:29 PM

Good riddance to Autobot rubbish.

#3 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7310 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:19 PM

But have you seen the new VW Atlas? It’s beautiful.

#4 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35628 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:09 AM

Volkswagen confirmed Thursday that it will end production of the Beetle in 2019, though it hinted that the car could one day be revived.

The future of the iconic Beetle had been a subject of speculation for months.

The German automaker has shifted its emphasis to SUVs and a range of still-to-come new electric cars under the I.D. nameplate.

The Beetle had fallen out of favor among American consumers despite its iconic body style.

hope this isn't some kind of weird omen for the Bumblebee Movie...

I think maybe you have it backwards. This isn't an omen, its the reason. "Yeah, sure they can use the beetle in their movie. Not like we're gonna still be selling it anyways."

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#5 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4181 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:02 AM

I think the old bug's time will come again.  Right now, the whole "SUV" thing is a bit of a fad to me, and if we get hit with another major jump in energy prices, an old school ideology Beetle could have a strong market presence.  As is, I'm surprised they aren't going to leverage the iconic brand with the electric car concepts they're doing (and maybe they are, I haven't followed that close).

Edit: The ID Vizzion is REALLY close to the old Beetle in design.  And the Buzz is modernized VW Bus.

I still can't shake the idea that, between them and Ford's own scale back of compact and sedan type vehicles in favor of SUV and "crossover" vehicles, this is going to bite them down the line.  American consumers are stupid, and there is DEFINITELY a market for reasonably priced small cars, even if that isn't what the trend is AT THE MOMENT. Living near Texas, it baffles my mind to see people dropping $30,000 or more on a big old truck...just to drive their kids to school and go to work.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 14 September 2018 - 10:17 AM.

#6 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 4661 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

Everyone who ever wanted a Beetle has one already.  But given another 10 or 20 years when everyone's modern bug has rusted away, they'll be back.

#7 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 39885 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

I, personally, would love to see more smaller cars on the road. I don't just mean "Less SUV's and pickup trucks" but I mean that too. I mean more sedans and more hatchbacks, and hell, even more smart cars (for as stupid as they are.). Parking in major cities is getting to be ridiculous, and so is traffic. Mass transit only takes up so much slack before cannot be arsed to even try. And obviously no one in north america would even consider carpooling.

Well, if most of those cars are only going to hold one person: make them big enough to only hold one bloody person. At least then they'll be some room on the road, and where only one person could park before: you can now fit two.

The other option is to wait for gas/vehicles to just price themselves out of the market. I figure another decade we'll start to see some significant drag on that end.

#8 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Copper and Boo's Smol Boi Toi

• Supporter
  • 59676 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Nostalgia is a funny thing 

they'll just remake this ad the next time around

#9 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 4661 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:23 AM

I, personally, would love to see more smaller cars on the road. I don't just mean "Less SUV's and pickup trucks" but I mean that too. I mean more sedans and more hatchbacks, and hell, even more smart cars (for as stupid as they are.). Parking in major cities is getting to be ridiculous, and so is traffic. Mass transit only takes up so much slack before cannot be arsed to even try. And obviously no one in north america would even consider carpooling.

Well, if most of those cars are only going to hold one person: make them big enough to only hold one bloody person. At least then they'll be some room on the road, and where only one person could park before: you can now fit two.

The other option is to wait for gas/vehicles to just price themselves out of the market. I figure another decade we'll start to see some significant drag on that end.

The problem with that is safety.  You're always going to be safer in a larger vehicle, especially if you still have to share the road with large cars and trucks.  The only way that's going to work is if everyone is forced to switch to tiny cars, or at the very least those cars are given their own lanes.

#10 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 39885 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:07 AM

The problem with that is safety.  You're always going to be safer in a larger vehicle, especially if you still have to share the road with large cars and trucks.  The only way that's going to work is if everyone is forced to switch to tiny cars, or at the very least those cars are given their own lanes.

Part of me agrees with that statement. The more vehicle you have, the more room you have to put in cross struts, crumple zones, airbags and such to make sure the passengers (one way or another.) all survive accidents. Especially given the number of transport trucks on the roads and highways, and how badly some of them drive.

But then part of me is thinking: most drivers so pointlessly and idiotically distracted that even with all the room in the vehicle and all the automated systems aren't going to reduce accidents anyway: it's just going to remove the blame from the driver for driving badly/illegally when they can make the claim the car failed and no one can confirm one way or another when the car is a total wreck.

I'm going to miss the bug though. It's an awesome little car which has a respectable heritage and history.

#11 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 13534 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

TBH they ruined them when they tried to make them into functional cars again.  Sure, the New Beetle only had two seats and basically zero cargo storage, but it had character.  They decided it needed to look more like the old ones and work like a reskinned Jetta.  Booooooring.

#12 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mrs. Who

• Supporter
  • 16194 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

We gotta have more big cars to protect us from all the big cars out there?

nzo8WYb.png

#13 Pocket

Pocket
  • Citizen
  • 3870 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:39 AM

The only defense against a bad guy with an SUV is a good guy with an SUV.

If you ever somehow become a Catholic saint, be aware that they will harvest your bones and build altars around them.

#14 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 24719 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 AM

OH HI GUYS WHAT'RE WE TALKING ABOUT TODAY
image5615-3840-large.jpg
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#15 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 21868 posts

Posted Today, 03:09 PM

Replacing you with Trains.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#16 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 24719 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted Today, 04:40 PM

... Gonna put a rail yard behind every storefront in town, then? Cool, enjoy your urban sprawl
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#17 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 21868 posts

Posted Today, 04:41 PM

JUST WATCH ME

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users