Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

Photo

Firefox told me that the allspark.com was not a secure site...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43298 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:42 PM

So... yeah. I tried to jump onto the site just now (9.41 pm, canada eastern time. september 11th.) and I had to paint an exception for the allspark's apparently expired security certificate.

I have no idea if the problem is you guys, or me, but... you know, heads up.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#2 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7523 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

That's interesting. Chrome is telling me that the security certificate is valid, but this isn't really my area so I don't know how useful or reliable that info is. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23595 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:12 AM

Chrome tells me the certificate here is valid until January, fwiw.

#4 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40330 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:00 AM

I use Firefox, so I might be able to help.

Are you using Avast by any chance?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#5 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27199 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

When I click the lock icon in Firefox it says "Parts of this page are not secure (such as images)." You might have something overreacting to that.

#6 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1099 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:48 PM

On this page, for example, there are some mixed content. Most of it is from signatures, such as Triangledrusi's signature image, which is to be expected.

Loading mixed (insecure) display content “http://andrusi.tryhappy.net/sig/andrusig.gif” on a secure page
Loading mixed (insecure) display content “http://s26.postimg.org/hllcs03x1/2rflojndfjkdsfgtscoot_left.gif” on a secure page
I am also seeing duplicated mixed content messages relating to site images. Specifically this example of the Allspark Supporter badge, which is using the HTTP link as far as the browser is concerned, but also shows a secure pathed link that doesn't appear to be used.

Loading mixed (insecure) display content “https://www.allspark.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SupporterBadge.png” on a secure page
Loading mixed (insecure) display content “http://www.allspark.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SupporterBadge.png” on a secure page
EDIT: the duplicated error shown relating to allspark.com files are due to the forum using a redirect on non-secure objects to secure. For example, this workflow:

GET http://www.allspark.com/forums/public/style_images/4_allsparklogo_purple_sm.png
301 https://www.allspark.com/forums/public/style_images/4_allsparklogo_purple_sm.png 
GET https://www.allspark.com/forums/public/style_images/4_allsparklogo_purple_sm.png
So what happens here is the page requests the HTTP resource, but the server is configured to respond to the browser that the resource has been moved (301 response) and informs the browser to instead get the https resource. It does this and the image is displayed. For this specific page, it does this with both the Allspark Supporter badge as well as 4_allsparklogo_purple_sm.png. But because the image is being feteched initially using HTTP and then also with the 301, the browser is marking both paths as being insecure and/or mixed content.

The browser will always show the lock error in the address bar (and some browsers will sometimes show a visible message) as long as mixed content exists.

Edited by Tripredacus, 12 September 2018 - 02:59 PM.

jBU1ixT.jpg

#7 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60138 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:49 PM

Hmm, there must be a few skins settings I missed when I got the certificates a long time ago. Mixed content is a normal reaction. It should be fixed on this end (Something I'll have to look at) but it also applies to when people link to off site images on their sigs or avatars or link to another website that isn't secure. Most everything is secure now so it usually isn't in an issue.

The other thing to consider is that for most sites like this one those SSLs are more peacocking than anything. There really isn't that much transmitted besides your login password that has any impact. Not like shopping carts and things where your CC is needed. 

#8 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60138 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

Although realistically that's something I probably shouldn't worry about trying to manually dig in and fix. I'll just put on my pile of "reasons to get updated forums/server" stuff

#9 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43298 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

I use Firefox, so I might be able to help.

Are you using Avast by any chance?

I am not, no.

also, it has not come up again since, even after changing the theme repeatedly due to the whole missing icon thing on the comic skin.

Not necessarily related but: my quick link always takes me to the forum main page. When using the comic theme, I'm never logged in on that page (cannot use any services, see any of my notifications or messages or the chat box.) but I also can't log into that page (trying to just ends in failure and putting me back to the forum main page.). Refreshing it does nothing, but the second I hit another page, I'm logged in fine even if I go back to the main page. BUT I switched to classic purple cause of the missing icons: and I logged in fine on the main.

I don't expect anyone to know, understand or do anything about it, but it's weird and I'm sharing.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.