Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

Photo
- - - - -

The Dragon Prince - original animated fantasy series on Netflix

95 replies to this topic

#21 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 29039 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:34 AM

I'm slowly watching this and....Claudia scares me.

Ironbite-a lot

xC9l3eY.gif

#22 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:02 AM

The animation does a lot of nice things that no one would complain about them not doing.

Such as? Because I can't see it.

I tried to watch the first episode and the whole 8fps animation is ruining the entire experience for me. Especially where they pick and choose where to up the frame rate in action scenes. Makes it look like a low-cost web series. It just looks like they didn't want to pay for tween animations.

Also the two Game of Thrones references in the first 10 minutes made me roll my eyes. I really expected more from this creative team.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 17 September 2018 - 09:04 AM.

Yep.

#23 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17372 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:34 AM

I've only had time for the first episode so far, but it's a bit disappointingly paint-by-numbers YA fantasy.  Two early-teens characters on opposites sides, each is a misfit who has trouble living up to the legacy they're forced into, there's a cute younger sibling and a pet, an early crush who will probably end up as an enemy and an early enemy who will probably end up as a crush, slightly older kids trying too hard to Be Adults, etc.  Oh, and while "humans are evil practitioners of Dark Magic" is hammered home in the intro dump, it's clear that both teenaged protagonists will have "the adults are wrong and perpetuating evil on both sides" as something that brings them together.

Can it still be good?  Yeah.  But it's not an auspicious start, probably should have just called eps 1-2 a single first episode so that something could happen in "episode one" other than the march of the YA lit cilches.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#24 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:04 AM

Well, my son asked why we weren't watching it after school yesterday, so I watched a few more.

The animation, if anything, gets worse after the first two episodes, but it is kinda growing on me. The Aunt is the first character that I actually want to know more about, and I'm hoping that the world opens up more as they travel East. My son (5 years-old) likes it a lot, so we'll at least finish out the season.

Yep.

#25 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

Just finished the 9 episodes. Like others have said, the frame rate was pretty bad in at least the first two episodes, but the story's so good that I just had to keep going.

Though, two other things bugged me a bit.

Spoiler

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#26 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3146 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

Spoiler

#27 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10758 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:27 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#28 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11760 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

Spoiler

And yeah, the frame-rate was terrible. What's the point of including sign-language when you can't actually animate the signing?

#29 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9214 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

I'm catching up and watched up to ep 4. (I should be watching She-Ra or Castlevania 2 actually)

Just hoping Claudia isn't really evil but she's pretty on the side of her dad. Hope her dad isn't all the way evil too but he should have smart enough not to say the princes are dead if he didn't know for sure.

Haven't read the stuff above because I might read something spoilery but is the lady actually doing proper sign language?

The trio of kids are just ok for me. Not super wow yet.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#30 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4004 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:50 PM

I resently watched this, its an ok show but I think season 2 will provide more story and depth to the established world

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#31 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9214 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:59 AM

Done with 5-7.

5 was filler, bleh. Sure, there was a fish monster but eh.

6 was great. I liked all the fuss with the ice and the weeeeeird Claudia and brother orders. Man, bad dad.

7 was good too. If sun blade guy didn't have a mustache, he would have joined their team. (Cuz mustache makes you deeeevious. Or cowardly.). Also had a cutest lame puppy ever.

Edit - done with everything.

7 was good with the slug thing but they were lucky it actually had eyes. If it didn't, the first attack wouldn't have worked. Also, the lightning should have been enough. The tiny slugs coming out was grooooooss though.

8 final episode. Lotsa stuff. Ezren talks to animals? This should have been a bigger deal. I was floored by the puppy reveal. I thought the lady switched puppies, just gave the girl a new puppy but she couldn't tell the difference. The real deal though, whoa, that's too much. Also, the spider was actually blowing air. It can make sounds too and sounds have force. So I'd say the spider was dangerous since it CAN move things. Still dangerous.

The hatching was obvious c'mon. But now Callum has no battery left. What now?

When Asmodeus whatever cuz the cord, did the other bindings break too?

Also Claudia farting turned me off on her. Geez, did they really have to do that? She was awesome and now, blurgh.

Hope wolf girl sticks around.

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 21 November 2018 - 07:47 AM.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#32 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10055 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

Season 2 is coming to Netflix Friday 15 February 2019.

Dwu-HkTVAAAKHaf.jpg

https://twitter.com/...169197632970752

#33 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

Will there be more than a mere 7 episodes this time?

Much more, I mean.

Pretty please?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#34 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9214 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

How about this one? It's cel animation and also from folks who worked on Avatar and Korra. The action looks quite familiar.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#35 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:12 PM

Will there be more than a mere 7 episodes this time?

Much more, I mean.

Pretty please?

Will there be more than a mere 7fps this time?

Much more, I mean.

Pretty please?

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 30 January 2019 - 10:31 AM.

Yep.

#36 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5519 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

Disappointingly, it doesn't look like they tried to make the animation smoother. I can deal with it, but I do wish they'd just spend more time and budget on getting that to a higher quality.

As it is I'm going to assume there are many who are skipping this show because of that issue. :/

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#37 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4004 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:47 AM

I'll watch for the story, the first season was pretty good but I am guessing that season 2 was in the works along with season 1, they just spilt it up into 2 13 ep blocks thou the first couple of eps were turned into a mini movie.

#38 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

As it is I'm going to assume there are many who are skipping this show because of that issue. :/

I would be skipping if my son didn't love it as much as he does. The story is okay, but the animation could be a real strength of this show, and as such it's a detriment instead.

Yep.

#39 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4004 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

I would be skipping if my son didn't love it as much as he does. The story is okay, but the animation could be a real strength of this show, and as such it's a detriment instead.

The animation is better than some other animation, example, Cyberverse, it feels cheep and lazy, more so than Machinmina's TF series

#40 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:42 AM

Friendly reminder that the next batch of episodes comes Friday.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users