Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 07:20 AM)

At least I can see where the 600 US bucks is going in this case. The MP line looks more ridiculous by the day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 July 2019 - 07:09 AM)

It's ridiculous. I'll stick to Armadacron

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 06:13 AM)

If anything, shipping is going to make the actual toy's price look affordable.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 02:28 AM)

Its like, $550 ish in US money (so probably about $800 for my Australian self) and is taller than TR Fort Max. He's gonna be a hefty boy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 July 2019 - 10:05 PM)

Damn, that Unicron looks big. Not gonna be cheap

@  wonko the sane? : (21 July 2019 - 09:09 PM)

"By the way, your landlord called. Something about being late with the rent."

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2019 - 04:09 PM)

"Hi there, I'm Unicron. Your husband ordered me."

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2019 - 09:04 AM)

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to the couch."

@  Donocropolis : (21 July 2019 - 07:33 AM)

I'm just afraid of what my wife would do to me if it showed up at our door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 July 2019 - 01:23 AM)

Giant Robot Satan has that effect on people.

@  Ashley : (21 July 2019 - 12:31 AM)

So, I might not be able to get Hasbro Pulse Unicron because my mother is afraid of it

@  Pennpenn : (20 July 2019 - 09:58 PM)

But that's neither here nor there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Both maybe?

@  Benbot : (20 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

Do you need a criminal lawyer or a criminal, lawyer.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 10:40 AM)

I don't suppose the allspark has any criminal lawyers from Georgia. ;P

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 July 2019 - 01:17 PM)

It seems like, with these kind of things, anything not TF-specific is either in an existing thread or just not discussed since they're not part of something deemed important enough to get its own thread already.

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Yeah, but it's for Transformers specifically

@  Gryllid : (19 July 2019 - 12:39 PM)

There is. It's called "SDCC 2019 thread"

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:24 PM)

no general SDCC thread?

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:08 PM)

I never even bothered to see it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2019 - 10:30 AM)

O never hated it, the whole thing was an Indiana Jones movie. I didn't care for the CGI, but that's just nature of the beast.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2019 - 07:58 AM)

sidebar- has enough time passed that we can stop irrationally hating "Crystal Skull" yet?

@  Telly : (18 July 2019 - 09:18 PM)

after 38 years and i dont know how many viewings, today is the first time i noticed indiana jones doesnt use a revolver in the bar fight in raiders...

@  Kalidor : (18 July 2019 - 05:33 PM)

@Sabrblade Depends on when you're here. I used to have the backups happen once daily, now I have them happen once per hour so you might often see a hesitation at the top of every hour for 30-45 seconds.

@  Locoman : (18 July 2019 - 05:11 PM)

isn't that just Modern Family

@  Foffy : (18 July 2019 - 04:45 PM)

that's right. my gym teacher is a clown. new series coming to disney channel next fall

@  Foffy : (18 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

all these clowns are making me run really fast.

@  Sabrblade : (18 July 2019 - 12:10 PM)

All this awesome SDCC news is really making these boards run slowly.

@  Bass X0 : (18 July 2019 - 07:54 AM)

Racism must be stopped. No matter the cost.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2019 - 07:49 AM)

Tine to stop buttering it up.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 July 2019 - 09:43 PM)

Well shucks.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 July 2019 - 08:14 PM)

The joke is a husk of its former self.

@  Paladin : (17 July 2019 - 01:15 PM)

Pop.

@  Shrug : (17 July 2019 - 10:15 AM)

Something something... corn bread?

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2019 - 07:21 AM)

Ok, ok. Enough of the puns and let's all thank Kal for the amaizeing job he did.

@  Paladin : (17 July 2019 - 06:24 AM)

by now I think this jokes' been creamed.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2019 - 03:31 AM)

The kernel.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2019 - 03:31 AM)

Who gives the orders in cybernetic warfare?

@  unluckiness : (16 July 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Zea mays

@  Xellos : (16 July 2019 - 09:53 PM)

Isn't that a kernel of truth.

@  Paladin : (16 July 2019 - 08:43 PM)

huh. suddenly the Squawk is popping.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Not placing much stalk in this conversation.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2019 - 06:22 PM)

That's so corny.

@  Shrug : (16 July 2019 - 06:07 PM)

It's absurd how happy I am that a post of mine made the front page of Reddit.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Aww, shucks.

@  TriBlurr : (16 July 2019 - 05:45 PM)

Not till I taste the corn

@  Kalidor : (16 July 2019 - 05:43 PM)

You guys aren't being very nice. You're supposed to tell me I did "good, really good!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 05:40 PM)

Just don't go beyond the rows.

@  Patch : (16 July 2019 - 05:39 PM)

Left over from the failed Beast Machines sequel, Beast Farmers

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Depression and Suicide

Depression suicide healing

216 replies to this topic

#121 NOIP

NOIP

No One In Particular

• Citizen
  • 2194 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

Any chance that you or your Mom or some other close family could take the kids?  Keep them out of foster care at least?

While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#122 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 41705 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

Apparently the hospital gave the husband information for a shelter which would let him take the kids and get out of the house away from her if he needed. He hasn't yet, and she's calmed down. In a few weeks, there will be a follow up with a shrink, and we're pushing them to not only visit a family therapist, but also try to get a family doctor.

But yeah: we're right back to one day at a time for the moment.

Edit: day's done. Parents went back to collect my sister and take her back to the hospital. She apparently attacked her husband. I don't have details, but she goes back into the rubber room for a while. She SEEMED like she was calming down, but then...

My brain is burning...

Edited by wonko the sane?, 24 February 2019 - 10:08 AM.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#123 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41705 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:04 AM

Welp, she adamantly REFUSED to go to the hospital, so the best they could do to get her away from her children was to bring her HERE. This is going to end in tears and police cars.

Edit: alright, seems like we've forced enough of the pills down her throat that she's starting to take them voluntarily. She's surprisingly calm. The problem stemmed from the fact that her psychosis was making her BADLY misinterpret the instructions regarding volumes, and the med tech at the hospital didn't give her an ordered regimen, literally writing "as needed" on the prescription. We need to get enough into her to make her either voluntarily keep taking MORE than the one pill a day until the hospital calls back, or voluntarily go to the hospital for more treatment.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 24 February 2019 - 12:58 PM.

#124 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41705 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

And it's over. She took a 2 hour nap, and when she woke up immediately started fighting about the pills again. We called 911 and between how she was acting, and what we said, and what her husband said: she was bound by law to the hospital. Once again committed.

#125 NOIP

NOIP

No One In Particular

• Citizen
  • 2194 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:49 PM

Has to be hard on all  of you, but that is probably where she needs to be.  Maybe she can get some good help this time.

While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#126 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3724 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:38 AM

i spent a week in the hospital after my suicide attempt...it was one of the best things that ever hapened to me. Hopefully being in there, she'll open up and accept the help.

When i got out, they had me on Lithium...and i could never get the levels right, so i was just crazy, angry, nauseous, and vomiting for 2 months...thankfully after i weened myself off of them and my mind balanced out...I haven't broken in an extreme way since. (also, the post-hospital place I was supposed to visit and be evaluated was seemingly populated with nothing but incredibly beautiful women...so I pretty much completely refused to go there after the second time...so me learning to deal with my stuff on my own and not breaking down was due to both stubbornness and angry loneliness... but atleast something good came out of it.)

but seriously, I hope the hospital does her good. Hey Wonko, are you planning on visiting her?

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#127 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41705 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:13 AM

Her last time stuck in was only good for about 5 years. She didn't think she was in the wrong then, and she still doesn't NOW. She will more than likely be on some kind of medication for a very long time after this bout, and she might even lose the right to live with her kids because child services is going to get involved.

I don't know if I'm going to visit her. The last week has been ridiculously stressful, and I'm still angry at her for lying to us for all these years.

#128 Caldwin

Caldwin

Making Coleslaw

• Supporter
  • 24400 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

Sorry to hear about your sister, Wonko. It sounds like a lot has happened this week.

I do know what it's like to have a sibling that, putting it mildly, you want to put a boot up their ass. I can absolutely understand why you're mad at her right now. You have a lot of very legitimate reasons to be very, very, angry with her right now. Lying to you for years about her meds, getting CPS involved with your nieces and nephews. I haven't had the experience, thank heavens, but I'm sure having CPS coming into your family's life has to be a very scary thing. I'm sure there've been families permanently estranged for much less.

I would encourage you, after you've had some time to collect your thoughts and put some time into the situation, to try and remember though that she is your sister. She's done a lot of horrible things, it sounds like. And like I said, I know full well what it's like to have a grudge against a sibling...for a lot less than what she's done. But also, if she has been off her meds for so long, she must have been way out of her mind. I'm not saying that excuses what she did at all. Just that, she is human and she is your sister. 

Given time, I hope your family can heal and that you and your sister can patch things up. Not saying it'll be easy or that it won't take time. But it won't be easy and it will take time. But I do hope that you can.

Mean time, I hope your niece(s)/nephew(s) are okay. I hope they're allowed to stay with family. In any case, it sounds like they have a tough road in front of them. I hope you get to at least keep up with them. They'll probably need all the family they can get. I'll be praying for you.

Meanwhile, in a less serious update, my last post I said how my therapist gave a suggestion that I ask my doctor about an antidepressant. Well, as of today, I am no on Prozac (the generic form at least).

I know it's stupid a stupid sentiment. After all, you have a headache, you take Excedrin. You have a heartburn, you take Zantac. You have high blood pressure, you take *gets the bottle because hell if I can remember what that stuff it called* Amlodipine. So yeah, if you have chronic depression, you take an antidepressant.

So yeah, I know it's a stupid sentiment, but I've always felt this stigma about needing antidepressants to "be normal." But, here I am.

It's stupid I know. It just makes me feel like I've failed some how.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Before you do anything you can't undo...
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#129 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4695 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:58 PM

That's a very common sentiment. Sometimes depression just isn't a battle you can win on your own; think of antidepressants as reinforcements, not a surrender.

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#130 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38160 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:07 PM

If you think about it, what is the difference between that and taking medicine for a headache?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#131 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41705 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

It takes a surprising amount of strength to ask for help. Getting the pills isn't admitting defeat: it's rallying for another run at better mental health.

#132 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!

• Supporter
  • 18090 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

As my girlfriend puts it: Better living though science!

nzo8WYb.png

#133 Caldwin

Caldwin

Making Coleslaw

• Supporter
  • 24400 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:02 PM

That's a very common sentiment. Sometimes depression just isn't a battle you can win on your own; think of antidepressants as reinforcements, not a surrender.

It's one of those things that I know in my head. And I don't know that it's antidepressants in particular or more of a thing where...in my entire life, I've never had to be put on any kind of 'for the rest of you life' type prescription. Now I have blood pressure meds and depression meds. It's just another reminder that I'm not as young as I used to be and sooner or later, the body just falls apart and I hate it.

If you think about it, what is the difference between that and taking medicine for a headache?

Nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, anxiety, trouble sleeping, loss of appetite, tiredness, thoughts of suicide, irregular heartbeat, vision changes, decreased labido...

Actually kinda hoping for that last one.

It takes a surprising amount of strength to ask for help. Getting the pills isn't admitting defeat: it's rallying for another run at better mental health.

I've had to say that to myself about a few things lately.

As my girlfriend puts it: Better living though science!

I have no response to this actually. I just didn't want you to feel left out.

Edited by Stephanie, 25 February 2019 - 07:10 PM.

PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#134 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

• Supporter
  • 18090 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:43 AM

On the subject of medication:

Spoiler

nzo8WYb.png

#135 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3724 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

One of the WORST partsof being on the lithium was a massivly increased libido...only my broken-ass  body could react like that lol

but being on meds isnt a bad thing..i take like 7 different things everyday....such is life.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#136 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

• Supporter
  • 18090 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:56 PM

I'm already on two and they're not even for depression.

So, like, if I can take Metformin and VitD2, then I don't see why anyone else can't take Bupropion or Lithium or whatever they need to be happy.

nzo8WYb.png

#137 NOIP

NOIP

No One In Particular

• Citizen
  • 2194 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, I'm on blood thinner and metformin.  I hate it, but without the blood thinner my blood gets all overclottish and becomes potentially life threatening, so I take it, pride be damned.  But yes, it is a symptom of getting older, sadly.

This is my admittedly incoherent way of saying that there's nothing wrong with taking medicine.

#138 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41705 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

I need potassium to prevent ear infections and stave off leg cramps so I can actually sleep at night.

#139 Caldwin

Caldwin

Making Coleslaw

• Supporter
  • 24400 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:30 PM

So today's my third day on the Prozac. It really was nothing to get worked up over I can see now. It's still too soon to say how it's affecting me. Only been three days. I do feel calmer. But given the short period of time, I'm not sure whether I can attribute that to the meds or coincidence. Could just be after such a shitstorm, I just finally wore myself out. Either way, I'm feeling a bit calmer now. And another med to take is just another med to take.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#140 Kayla Kaon

Kayla Kaon
  • Administrator
  • 4585 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:20 PM

I have been super depressed for the past few months and I am starting to realize that it is because I just don't have anyone to talk too. Like, not talk to about my depression, but talk to as in just fucking talk to someone. Anyone I try to reach out to and make friends with either ignores me or just blows me off and it really hurts. The person that I used to feel confident in talking to isn't there anymore. They're gone and I will never have them back like how I used too. 

Sure I have a large family, but that doesn't help when you're the head of the family and they all look up to you making it impossible for you to show any sign of weakness. I've just been really stressed lately and the person that used to be my only friend is gone and I can never get them back again. 

If you have Steven Universe leaks please let me know. I need them.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Depression, suicide, healing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users