Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 June 2020 - 11:46 AM)

The toys had some good parts. They also had Side Swipe.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

I mean, still addicted to minicons...

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 June 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Energon and Cybertron WERE boring... and Starscream was just messed up in those shows....

@  Cyoti : (06 June 2020 - 10:01 AM)

a toyline searching for a story

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 07:47 PM)

Eh. It had a few ideas that could've been interesting. They just never went anywhere because it was easier to have Megatron brainwash everyone.

@  Nevermore : (05 June 2020 - 07:41 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is that it was made.

@  Paladin : (05 June 2020 - 05:15 PM)

remember when Energon had to switch animation styles because their CGI models were completely incapable of expressing emotions ?

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:42 PM)

And what was done to Demolisher to a lesser extent.

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:34 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is what it did to Starscream.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 04:00 PM)

I mean, they took all of that and the series is still dull enough to use as a sleep aid, so....

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2020 - 02:46 PM)

It's a food source, a weapon and so unstable that looking at it funny makes it explode. If energon is boring, blame the writers not the element.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 02:17 PM)

Energon's big problem is that it's boring.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:48 PM)

Double post ignore.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:44 PM)

Energon was the worst of the lot.

@  Bass X0 : (05 June 2020 - 05:39 AM)

"I know I can't catch you.... but I can... trap you...!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 June 2020 - 11:51 PM)

They dubbed reaction shots and running scenes in the first two UT shows with "huh?" and grunts. very annoying.

@  Sabrblade : (04 June 2020 - 06:10 PM)

Watch it in Japanese with English subs. Karyuudo did all that work for us so that we could. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (04 June 2020 - 06:08 PM)

I tried... but it just wasn't that good. The comics were better.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 June 2020 - 04:07 PM)

I didn't even watch Armada when it originally aired.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 June 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Anyone watch Armada anymore ._.

@  JRSBill : (03 June 2020 - 01:06 PM)

bain

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Depression and Suicide

Depression suicide healing

273 replies to this topic

#261 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35827 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:39 AM

That's good to hear.

#262 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3837 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:24 PM

I keep saying that its 2020, nothing can kill me (but me!)

being as close to NYC as i am (about 90mins) and the amount of people in my town who commute to and work in nyc (its around 30,000 of the 45,000 or so people here)...and my dad working at the Hospital...i'm trapped in a state of perpetual fear, so I feel you guys.

My mom suffers from severe anxiety, shes recently started having psoriasis (brought on by her constant state of panic), she has a lump in her breast that needs to be looked at, and shes developed something call Choreo (its an involuntary muscle twitch disorder, meaning she cant sit still ever and because of that shes lost a ton of weight because shes consrantly moving and burning calories)...ive been taking all my shit and pushing it down because I refuse to let my shit get piled on top of hers.

But i, too, am having something scary happen. ,On my right foot, which is my dead / nerve pain foot...ive found a lump. on the outer edge, and if I put pressure on it, through the weird numbness, i can feel that pain. hell I've been feeling that pain for a while now and had no idea this lump was there.

so i am scared to death. I, too, have been in that thought-realm of, "wouldn't it be easier on everyone if I was just gone?"

...its been a year of hell since I almost died...i still feel like my death was stolen from me and that makes me angry...but I know I can't leave my cat, shes too important, and shes very much my soulmate. Shit, every night, for the past year, since i got home from the hospital she sleeps in my bed to make sure i'm there.

stuff is just scary as hell right now...and i'm stilll here, still going...and you guys are, too. We're still going, and we can make it guys. we can. 

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#263 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25716 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:08 PM

Well, when I said that I would soon be off of the anti-deppresants, I guess I was wrong. I'm still taking them. But I'm actually okay with that. I haven't had any suicidal feelings lately, not really. I have had a few "how much longer do I have to put up with this" thoughts. But the mental exercises my therapist taught me have really helped.

I think that a lot of people have been stressed lately if for no other reason than because of everything going on with Covid 19. When you're given to being stressed anyways, and now you have not only a virus but also the quarantine stuff going on and all that entails...it's a very stressful time.

I guess it helps me to look at it like this. I'm still alive. So everything that's been thrown at me, it hasn't killed me yet. And as long as I'm alive, that's something I can cling to...even when life isn't necessarily great, I haven't been completely beaten yet.

And you're absolutely right. We can make it, because we're already making it. Everything we've taken, everything we're facing, to borrow a phrase, we're still here!
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#264 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14559 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:31 PM

*virtual hugs for all who want them*

#265 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1733 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:48 AM

so i am scared to death. I, too, have been in that thought-realm of, "wouldn't it be easier on everyone if I was just gone?"

...its been a year of hell since I almost died...i still feel like my death was stolen from me and that makes me angry...but I know I can't leave my cat, shes too important, and shes very much my soulmate. Shit, every night, for the past year, since i got home from the hospital she sleeps in my bed to make sure i'm there.

stuff is just scary as hell right now...and i'm stilll here, still going...and you guys are, too. We're still going, and we can make it guys. we can. 

I know it's not much in the greater scheme of things, but this right here? You've got a reason to live.

One of the things that kept me alive the first time I wanted to die was my dog at the time. He was very much my dog. Watched over me. Went where I went when I was home. He was the best thing that ever happened to me and I knew that there was no way on Earth that I could cause him the kind of pain that losing me would.

Hold on to that feeling. When you feel down or lost or like you want to end it, remember that at the very least there is another being that is not only important to you, but that you are important to.

~Marduk

#266 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1733 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:49 AM

So I need some advice:

I've been on antidepressants for about a year. Cycled through two before doing the testing that tells the doc which one I'm most suited for. Low dose; we tried to up the dosage earlier this year, but the side effects were... unpleasant to put it mildly.

I feel like the longer I'm on the meds, the worse I feel. I can go back and look at times before I was taking them and see that there are behaviors / feelings that I didn't have. I can definitely tell that my quality of life is different / worse.

Anyone else run into a similar situation with their medication the longer they were on it?

~Marduk

#267 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Corrected an Ancient oversight

• Supporter
  • 63066 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:57 AM

regardless of how long you've been on them, if you're having any negative side effects you should get that sorted. there's no sense in prolonging that just because of habit.  But I'll defer any specific advice to anyone on meds currently, of course... my experience is decades old now at this point.  

#268 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25716 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:03 AM

I don't remember exactly when I started my meds, but I know it's been longer than a year. I'm on the first one 5hey tried (Prozac low doze). I think I just got lucky because it's really worked for me and the side effects haven't been too nasty. 

But Destron is right. Any side affects you're feeling, even the mild ones but especially any nasty ones, you definitely need to tell your doctor and get it straightened out.

PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#269 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1733 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, I intend to do that. I just can't until I can get a face-to-face with the doc.

What I'd honestly like to do is be able to come off them for a while. It's a whole big long thing that I really don't want to get into, but it's just seemed like the longer that I've been on 'em, the worse I kind of am.

I have less overt side effects on this med (Viibryd) than on the Prozac, but I'm not sure I like the me that I'm becoming on it.

~Marduk

#270 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14559 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:54 PM

Stumbled across this on Imgur. General tips for recognizing/dealing with depression, either in yourself or others.

Just a dumpity dump from your neighborhood therapist! https://imgur.com/gallery/hi8s13T

#271 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25716 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

Well, I think I'm feeling some of those more because of the whole isolation thing thang anything. It's nice things are getting a little bit back to normal, but I have to imagine the past few months have taken their toll on everyone.
PSN = Caldwin

#272 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14559 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:56 PM

Yeah. Just knowing I shouldn't go out makes me want to do it more. Still going to avoid things until vaccines are available.

#273 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43347 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:08 AM

Right... so... my sister is off her hugging meds again. I talked with her last night, and she fed me, line for line and word for the word, the same lies and bullshit that got her into the hospital last february. If she has a third psychotic episode, they will take her kids from her. Her husband WILL hugging leave her.

She obviously cannot be trusted to take the pills, and it's quite obvious that she's not getting enough oversight. We're going to talk to her doctor and her social worker and try to get this sorted before it gets too far along.

She started another fight with mom, and when I heard what mom was yelling about, my blood pressure dropped so hard, so fast I almost blacked out. We can't do this again.

Edit: been trying to contact both her psychiatrist and her social worker. Ontop of being completely unable to even prove these people exist, there's no mental health care or social workers available on weekends. That shit is closed till monday.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 23 May 2020 - 03:38 PM.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#274 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14559 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:26 PM

Yikes. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can reach someone soon and things don't escalate until then. Wish I could offer actual advise, but no idea what could be done.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Depression, suicide, healing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users