Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 September 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Funny thing is, I think the pocket edition graphics give the game more personality.

@  MEDdMI : (06 September 2018 - 11:10 PM)

Final Finception

@  Waspinator : (06 September 2018 - 10:29 PM)

They've made a PS4 version of Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition. For those keeping score, it's the PS4 version of a smartphone version of a PS4 game.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Ah HA! turns out the trick to installing the rift software was to run it as an admin. Stupid windows 10.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Awright! I got the display port working! Which means I can now connect my occulus rift!

@  MEDdMI : (04 September 2018 - 10:38 PM)

*just stares*

@  Noideaforaname : (04 September 2018 - 09:36 PM)

Hello there

@  wonko the sane? : (04 September 2018 - 09:06 PM)

Howdy.

@  RichardT1977 : (03 September 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Or just a set of arms and shoulder cannons that combined Legends Godbomber with CW Optimus.

@  RichardT1977 : (03 September 2018 - 07:10 PM)

I still wish someone would make an upgrade kit for Combiner Wars Optimus that transformed from a trailer to a set of limbs with Powermaster shoulder cannons...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (03 September 2018 - 09:48 AM)

I read that as "Basilisky" for some reason.

@  Anonymous X : (03 September 2018 - 03:45 AM)

Basicslly

Photo

Unicron #4 Discussion

57 replies to this topic

#1 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9080 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:18 PM

Discuss the issue here!

#2 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3371 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:15 AM

WSN9Yr8.png
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#3 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9080 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

Sanctuary Station burning has me thinking back to Optimus's dream again, and it suddenly occurs to me that there's a very good chance Bludgeon's Worldsweeper is getting crashed into the White House...

#4 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12326 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:01 AM

This issue felt like it was treading water a bit.

Also, Shockwave's big plan didn't involve checking nobody moved the talisman? He seems strangely non-plussed about his 11 million year plan collapsing, even for Shockwave.

Are we supposed to assume that all the beastformers/Bludgeon etc have been co-opted by Unicron and Shockwave just doesn't know it yet (which is weirdly unobservant given he was there last issue)? Or are there two Optimus Primals wandering around?

The backup rather suggests the end will be some wibbly wobbly time travel reset of everything that wipes out the current timeline.

Edited by The Phazer, 05 September 2018 - 07:07 AM.

#5 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3371 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:12 AM

It's always fun when you get to watch your city blow up, and you can point out specific landmarks going up in flames.
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#6 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2455 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:10 AM

Aw, Cosmos.  Even Sky-Byte went out like a champ.

I don't recall seeing Buzzsaw dying, so I assume he survived since he's awesome.

#7 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10488 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

I like that it's looking increasingly plausible that Unicron has just taken on the form of Cybertron's mythical uncreator as his newly-obtained robot mode. There's something very poetic about that, since he's basically the embodiment of Cybertron's sins come back to haunt it.

#8 Devcon

Devcon

*STAB STAB STABBITY STAB*

• Retired Staff
  • 11719 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

Why. Isnt. Pyra. Magna. Dead. Already.

(Not kidding. This character annoys me to no end. Best case scenario: she and Spike somehow get in a fight and kill each other)

Edited by Devcon, 05 September 2018 - 11:30 AM.

Stand back, I gotta practice my stabbin'. HA-HAAAA!

#9 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:19 AM

The backup rather suggests the end will be some wibbly wobbly time travel reset of everything that wipes out the current timeline.

I think this may be a bit too literal of a reading. It seemed more like meta-commentary on the IDW universe ending than an indication of anything that's going to happen in-story.

#10 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16351 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:28 AM

Surprised by how sad I got at Sky-Byte's death. He was a jokey character from a jokey series 17 years ago, that we only got because Hasbro needed to fill more time while they were engineering Minicon gimmickry. He was only in the comics at all because we love him. He lasted this long in the comic I suspect because nobody had it in them to kill him.

This, more than anything we've seen in the Unicron arc, really hammers home that an entire mindset behind TF storytelling is over. We moving into the land of Evergreen echoes of like nine 1984-85 characters plus Windblade, who the fans asked for once and will get forever in some "HAVE ALL THE DONUTS IN THE WORLD" Twilight Zone punishment. Anything smaller or quirkier than that just doesn't seem to play a role anymore.

Edited by Thylacine 2000, 05 September 2018 - 09:30 AM.

#11 Walky

Walky

A bigger physique than a gorilla captain

• Citizen
  • 38808 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

That seems a little Sky Is Fallingy. I mean, even IDW started out with only Optimus, Ratchet, Prowl, Jazz, Wheeljack, and Bumblebee, with the most outside thinking choice being Sunstreaker.

Cyberverse is one episode old. IDW's next thing hasn't even been announced. I think it's too soon to be decrying some 1984 purgatory forevermore.

#12 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2455 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:00 AM

Also, Shockwave's big plan didn't involve checking nobody moved the talisman? He seems strangely non-plussed about his 11 million year plan collapsing, even for Shockwave.

Are we supposed to assume that all the beastformers/Bludgeon etc have been co-opted by Unicron and Shockwave just doesn't know it yet (which is weirdly unobservant given he was there last issue)? Or are there two Optimus Primals wandering around?

I'm assuming Shockwave's only mistake was trusting Bludgeon.  Bludgeon was probably supposed to ensure the Talisman was where it was supposed to be, among other things.  And he's had a confusing number of secret employers.  Shockwave just thought HE was the be-all, end-all secret employer.

In fact...(follow me here as I puzzle this out in real time) now that I think of it, Bludgeon's technically been under Jhiaxus' control (and thus Shockwave's control) since Revelation, hasn't he?  Shockwave probably had no reason to think he had any other agenda.

In Salvation, Bludgeon notes that he wishes he could have "known" Jhiaxus.  Why would he think such a thing if he was palling around with Jhiaxus for all of RID season 1?  Perhaps because he only recently broke his conditioning and he's back to being the fanatic from Stormbringer...the series where he was obsessed with techno-organic outer-shells...which the Maximals now all possess!

Phew!  Maybe.

And perhaps Primal, Rhinox, and Beast Megs will turn on Shockwave next issue once Bludgeon arrives on Earth.

#13 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34535 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

Sky-Byte went to go live on a farm right

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#14 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1855 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

Cosmos's death has left me feeling very, very sad.

Why did those four characters have to die?  :( 

#15 General Tekno

General Tekno

BRUNT; F.C.A.!

• Citizen
  • 2019 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

I'm assuming Shockwave's only mistake was trusting Bludgeon.  Bludgeon was probably supposed to ensure the Talisman was where it was supposed to be, among other things.  And he's had a confusing number of secret employers.  Shockwave just thought HE was the be-all, end-all secret employer.

In fact...(follow me here as I puzzle this out in real time) now that I think of it, Bludgeon's technically been under Jhiaxus' control (and thus Shockwave's control) since Revelation, hasn't he?  Shockwave probably had no reason to think he had any other agenda.

In Salvation, Bludgeon notes that he wishes he could have "known" Jhiaxus.  Why would he think such a thing if he was palling around with Jhiaxus for all of RID season 1?  Perhaps because he only recently broke his conditioning and he's back to being the fanatic from Stormbringer...the series where he was obsessed with techno-organic outer-shells...which the Maximals now all possess!

Phew!  Maybe.

And perhaps Primal, Rhinox, and Beast Megs will turn on Shockwave next issue once Bludgeon arrives on Earth.

That's a good point; after all, Jhiaxus was the one who set up a mental link with Bludgeon in the first place.

Suppose that all this time Bludgeon's actions haven't been his own but rather those of Jhiaxus?

banner_2015.png

BT Toons - updates Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Blog | Youtube | Twitter | DeviantArt | Tumblr

#16 Magnusblitz

Magnusblitz
  • Citizen
  • 4021 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

I found this issue very meh. The pacing to me seems way off and we're having characters die left and right... but they're not even dying in ways that elicit an emotional touching response. Elita decides to crash Carcer into Unicron's face with about as much effect as when you squish a gnat on your skin and flick it away (man am I disappointed she never got to do anything interesting after such a good character setup). Cosmos and company decide to make some sort of last stand that accomplishes nothing from what I can tell. Blurr at least accomplished something with his sacrifice, but the way it was presented (needing to explain what was going on at the same time) sapped any impact from it IMO. Shockwave just teleports out of his cell (because... millions of years to plan?) yet couldn't figure out that maybe telling Optimus and company your plan wasn't the best way to ensure the Talisman was left to take out Unicron.

At least Beast Megatron finally gets named so I don't need to read people calling him Gnashteeth anymore.

Edited by Magnusblitz, 05 September 2018 - 03:15 PM.

#17 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1855 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:36 PM

I found this issue very meh. The pacing to me seems way off and we're having characters die left and right... but they're not even dying in ways that elicit an emotional touching response. Elita decides to crash Carcer into Unicron's face with about as much effect as when you squish a gnat on your skin and flick it away (man am I disappointed she never got to do anything interesting after such a good character setup). Cosmos and company decide to make some sort of last stand that accomplishes nothing from what I can tell. Blurr at least accomplished something with his sacrifice, but the way it was presented (needing to explain what was going on at the same time) sapped any impact from it IMO. Shockwave just teleports out of his cell (because... millions of years to plan?) yet couldn't figure out that maybe telling Optimus and company your plan wasn't the best way to ensure the Talisman was left to take out Unicron.

At least Beast Megatron finally gets named so I don't need to read people calling him Gnashteeth anymore.

Cosmos and the others' sacrifice was to allow everyone else on Sanctuary Station time to escape to Earth.

#18 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1491 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

Why. Isnt. Pyra. Magna. Dead. Already.

(Not kidding. This character annoys me to no end. Best case scenario: she and Spike somehow get in a fight and kill each other)

If OP 25 will be naming a new Prime, I'm going to guess it will be a new combiner made from Pyra Magna, Slide, a revived Metalhawk, Spike, and a fifth character implied to be that one other character you absolutely hate. They will only rarely use their combined form because the combiner usually loses track of its opponents due to an overwhelming urge to utterly destroy itself.

#19 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 8718 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:58 PM

I guess "Beast Megatron" is now a thing. But the Maximal plotline is still pretty incoherent and I doubt it'll be clarified whatsoever in the next two issues.

#20 Magnusblitz

Magnusblitz
  • Citizen
  • 4021 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

Cosmos and the others' sacrifice was to allow everyone else on Sanctuary Station time to escape to Earth.

Fair enough, re-reading it closer I can see all the escape pods leaving and Bludgeon's dialogue even points out that he made the decision to let the pods go before Stardrive showed up. I mean, in reality I still have a hard time seeing four guys making a big enough dent against Bludgeon's fleet to matter, but as presented the sacrifice had meaning (are there any 'name' characters on the station anymore?)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users