Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 September 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Funny thing is, I think the pocket edition graphics give the game more personality.

@  MEDdMI : (06 September 2018 - 11:10 PM)

Final Finception

@  Waspinator : (06 September 2018 - 10:29 PM)

They've made a PS4 version of Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition. For those keeping score, it's the PS4 version of a smartphone version of a PS4 game.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Ah HA! turns out the trick to installing the rift software was to run it as an admin. Stupid windows 10.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Awright! I got the display port working! Which means I can now connect my occulus rift!

@  MEDdMI : (04 September 2018 - 10:38 PM)

*just stares*

@  Noideaforaname : (04 September 2018 - 09:36 PM)

Hello there

@  wonko the sane? : (04 September 2018 - 09:06 PM)

Howdy.

@  RichardT1977 : (03 September 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Or just a set of arms and shoulder cannons that combined Legends Godbomber with CW Optimus.

@  RichardT1977 : (03 September 2018 - 07:10 PM)

I still wish someone would make an upgrade kit for Combiner Wars Optimus that transformed from a trailer to a set of limbs with Powermaster shoulder cannons...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (03 September 2018 - 09:48 AM)

I read that as "Basilisky" for some reason.

@  Anonymous X : (03 September 2018 - 03:45 AM)

Basicslly

Photo
- - - - -

IDW Recent Hits Sale at comiXology

IDW Comixology

8 replies to this topic

#1 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10488 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:09 PM

IDW's having a Recent Hits sale at comiXology, but with the amount of content available, it might be hard to know where to look... so I've put together a front page post to advise you on what you should pick up!

#2 Salt-Man Z

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie

• Citizen
  • 7547 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

Thanks! I've been waiting for Revolutionaries to go on sale, so I grabbed those, as well as Action Man: Revolution (which I had forgotten was a thing.)
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#3 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18349 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

I picked up a bunch of stuff, read a chunk of it, and now I'm not sure where to go next. And I know there's stuff I missed:

Spoiler

I just finished the first two trades of Lost Light and I think all of Till All Are One. Not sure where I go next -- Optimus Prime? I've read All Hail Optimus, but I'm worried I missed something between that and RiD.

This whole thing is such a pain to follow. If I didn't love reading it so much, I'd have dropped it ages ago.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#4 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10488 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

I picked up a bunch of stuff, read a chunk of it, and now I'm not sure where to go next. And I know there's stuff I missed:

Spoiler

That's from Windblade volume 2, which is in both "Distant Stars" and "The Last City".

I just finished the first two trades of Lost Light and I think all of Till All Are One. Not sure where I go next -- Optimus Prime? I've read All Hail Optimus, but I'm worried I missed something between that and RiD.

All Hail Optimus is exRID volume 10. The trades are labelled as "Robots in Disguise" from volumes 1 to 6, after which they become "Transformers (2011)".

#5 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18349 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:21 PM

Oh, both instances are in the same one? Handy.

Oh wait, I think I have that one after all. Okay.

Okay, I think I'm missing just Transformers? Under RiD, I have All Hail Optimus, #38 Days of Deception, #39 and #42 Combiner Wars Prologue and Epilogue, and Transformers Annual 2017 under that banner... okay, I think I found what I'm missing. Yeah, turns out they're in my Wish List, guess they weren't part of the recent sale.

Does Transformers: The IDW Collection tell everything in chronological order? I might consider going for those, if I ever decide to re-read. I'd go with them now, if they weren't so behind.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#6 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:41 PM

There was a sale a while ago where I bought all the volumes of RiD/ Transformers v2. I got them because they were cheap, and because I forgot to convert the processing fee to Australian money so it was more expensive than I was expecting.

Then later I got the Windblade collection because it was cheaper than getting both collection individually. Sure Combiner Wars is now a disjointed mess, but at least there's less of it.

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#7 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1491 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Does Transformers: The IDW Collection tell everything in chronological order? I might consider going for those, if I ever decide to re-read. I'd go with them now, if they weren't so behind.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

The IDW Collection is broken into two phases. Phase One (which is not indicated anywhere on the books) covers everything published before The Death of Optimus Prime. Phase Two covers everything published from The Death of Optimus Prime presumably up through Unicron.

In Phase One, it's kind of a pseudo-chronological reading order. The story arcs that would have previously been collected into TPBs are kept intact and are presented in chronological order. E.g., you'll see the progression of Megatron Origin to -ations to Maximum Dinobots to All Hail Megatron to ongoing.

Beyond that, it's not exactly chronological. Spotlights and other minis get tossed in between other trades, usually in places that make sense for reading order. There are definite issues regardless of whether you prefer chronological order or a good reading order though. For example, Ramjet's spotlight, culminating in his death, is placed before the Avengers crossover where he debuts. AHM 15 is kept within the coda at the end of AHM, when it really improves the flow of things IMO if read before AHM, where it takes place chronologically.

I haven't looked through the Phase Two listings as much, but those strike me as likely to be more awkward in terms of the order. You have the books constantly bouncing back and forth between unrelated MTMTE/RiD storylines, the Autocracy/Monstrosity/Whateverity trilogy tossed in wherever, and then a few stray issues that don't fit anywhere else and can be set in any time period. At a glance, I'm guessing it's more or less the publishing order of the TPBs with a few tweaks.

#8 Salt-Man Z

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie

• Citizen
  • 7547 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:48 PM

Not sure where I go next -- Optimus Prime? I've read All Hail Optimus, but I'm worried I missed something between that and RiD.

The Optimus Prime comic follows on from All Hail Optimus.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#9 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18349 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

The IDW Collection is broken into two phases. Phase One (which is not indicated anywhere on the books) covers everything published before The Death of Optimus Prime. Phase Two covers everything published from The Death of Optimus Prime presumably up through Unicron.

In Phase One, it's kind of a pseudo-chronological reading order. The story arcs that would have previously been collected into TPBs are kept intact and are presented in chronological order. E.g., you'll see the progression of Megatron Origin to -ations to Maximum Dinobots to All Hail Megatron to ongoing.

Beyond that, it's not exactly chronological. Spotlights and other minis get tossed in between other trades, usually in places that make sense for reading order. There are definite issues regardless of whether you prefer chronological order or a good reading order though. For example, Ramjet's spotlight, culminating in his death, is placed before the Avengers crossover where he debuts. AHM 15 is kept within the coda at the end of AHM, when it really improves the flow of things IMO if read before AHM, where it takes place chronologically.

I haven't looked through the Phase Two listings as much, but those strike me as likely to be more awkward in terms of the order. You have the books constantly bouncing back and forth between unrelated MTMTE/RiD storylines, the Autocracy/Monstrosity/Whateverity trilogy tossed in wherever, and then a few stray issues that don't fit anywhere else and can be set in any time period. At a glance, I'm guessing it's more or less the publishing order of the TPBs with a few tweaks.

Good lord... still, that might be better than --

Wait, "publishing order"?

Is there a way to list books by that in ComiXology?

Not sure where I go next -- Optimus Prime? I've read All Hail Optimus, but I'm worried I missed something between that and RiD.

The Optimus Prime comic follows on from All Hail Optimus.

Thanks!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users