Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

Photo

Devil May Cry 5

106 replies to this topic

#101 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4675 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:40 PM

Just some thoughts on Devil Breakers. Not explicit ranking but broad categorizing.

High

Gerbera: Both versions. I value the Gerberas extremely highly for their aerial mobility, to the point I think it makes up for their lackluster Break Ages. I never use the Stamen Ray in normal combat since it leaves you stationary for so long, and the Petal Ray is pretty circumstantial. It kinda feels like the basic technique is too valuable to lose in exchange for either a lot of the time.

Punch Line: Great for harassment and singular enemy control. Jet Gadget is a bit gimmicky but fun (love the skate course for it in 15), and Boost Knuckle is extremely powerful without needing much setup.

Ragtime: While I do find the basic technique a bit hard to use (I still haven't plumbed its full depths either), its Break Age is one of the most overtly powerful abilities in the game. One of the safest and most reliable ways for Nero to dispose of Furies too, which was a Godsend on HaH.

High-Mid

Overture: Simplicity personified. A very straightforward, widely applicable attack that's good for deflects and staggering enemies. I don't use the Break Age that often, but in general the Overture is great as a no-frills weapon to slip into combos.

Mid

Buster: Ridiculously powerful, even out-stripping the Devil Bringer with ease. I only take it for specific purpose though (bosses, some elite enemies), since for normal battles and style building the Devil Bringer grab you can use without cost is sufficient.

Tomboy: It's a lot of fun but the window for being broken because you got hit using it is so large.

Mid-Low

Rawhide: The basic AOE doesn't have as much reach as I'd like, the Wire Snatch upgrade is the definition of circumstantial, and the Break Age takes setup to get proper use out of.

Low

Helter Skelter: Just awful, really. Slow to use, very long animation that leaves you extremely vulnerable.

Sweet Surrender, Pasta Breaker, Mega Buster: Just gimmicks.

Edited by HomelessOne, 04 April 2019 - 11:42 PM.

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#102 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4675 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:02 PM

Bunch of cool tech, and a reminder that Royal Guard is still ridiculous.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#103 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12760 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

Just got DMC5 as a sort of early Easter present. From Amazon so i got the alternate costumes too. The game is awesome, obviously.

Making Nico a blonde for her alternate was interesting and i kinda prefer Neros alternate dark hair/white outfit/black weapons combo.

fslookup.jpg

#104 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:46 AM

I've cooled on 5 a lot faster than I ever did on 4, on any of my three go-arounds (360, PC, SE). I've only given Bloody Palace a couple of goes with each character. A large part of it is that I don't find enemy and boss designs at all interesting, and the 'realistic' filter over everything makes me feel flumphy. I'm not a huge fan of Dante's weapons either.

#105 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4675 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:26 PM

Wow, why so? I'd consider it my favorite Dante arsenal out of the existing games.

That said I do run the Sparda in addition to the DSD, just for access to Roundtrip and whatnot.

#106 unluckiness

unluckiness

THE HUGGING STRONG in color

• Citizen
  • 18635 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:42 AM

3 is still my fave but I'd have to put five as a second. I couldn't stand playing 4's palace and higher difficulties for too long because of the awful enemy design that were either complete pushovers or the fish and the electric lizards.

That said, I'm not a fan of the realistic look either but it's passable. 

Edited by unluckiness, 25 April 2019 - 04:43 AM.

xOyvpt9.png

#107 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 622 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:44 AM

The weapons just lack punch or flow for me; DSD is the best, but it's just Rebellion/Sparda with the fancier moves removed or harder to execute; Cerberus ice has no range and feels awful for me, while fire is good, but requires SM style; Cavaliere is great against groups of easily staggered guys, but outside of that it's got too much wind up and down; Balrog just doens't have the flow that Beowulf or Gilgamesh did, and although it's probably for the best, I miss Distorted Real Impact.

And it's not just Dante that I'm down on, I love V and Nero feels exactly the same as in 4, although I think Ex-Act is a little more forgiving now, so it's not just the new moveset. Maybe it's the amount of time I put into 4 that I'm just so used to its weapons and enemies.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users