Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

Photo

Devil May Cry 5

107 replies to this topic

#81 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1350 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:50 AM

Huhn.

Spoiler

Edited by Sjogre, 02 March 2019 - 01:50 AM.

Unfortunately, fools are often planproof.

#82 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:34 AM

The game's leaked and huge spoilers are popping up. Be VERY careful on the internet if you want to avoid them until release.

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#83 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5337 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:42 AM

So I don't usually do Amazon for pre-orders, so I'm not sure if this is a common thing, but the game is basically coming out today according to my time zone, but Amazon doesn't show it as shipping yet.

I thought the general policy for this was to send it out so it arrived on release date. Is it normal to be shipped the day it comes out? If it ends up being Saturday and nothing has shipped, does that mean something is wrong and I should contact Amazon?

Normally I wouldn't be so nervous about this, but I'm literally moving this weekend. I have my apartment till the 13th, but after that I'll be moved and I've been hesitant to do a change of address as I was hoping to get this delivered here as it's an apartment and can have the box put in the office, rather then left on my front porch of my new house...

Honestly having a porch easily visible from the road freaks me out a bit as I've heard a lot about porch pirates...

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#84 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:59 AM

Couldn't hurt to check with them. I have heard on reddit of some people reporting their copies via Amazon were delayed, so better you find out as soon as possible.

I just wrapped up mission 4, and loving the game. V is really interesting to play; you can button mash but he has a lot of mechanical depth. Using Griffon and Shadow to full effectiveness is going to take practice...and maybe remapping the buttons, because my fingers already hurt lol.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#85 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5337 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:05 PM

Well I think I see why people don't like to use Amazon.

Started a chat with them to find out what's up, still not sure if the 'person' I was talking to was real.

Couldn't figure out why my order hadn't shipped yet and transferred me to another agent. Who reviewed the situation and transferred me again.

This happened about two or three more times, and then I found someone who told me the reason seems to be because those who ordered first are getting their item first.

I mean it sounds reasonable, but did that many people REALLY pre-order DMC5 Collector's Edition that I'm waiting days after it released to find out when I'm getting mine?

I'm honestly probably going to cancel if it's not sent out by tomorrow. Could probably use the funds to help with the move anyway.

I've also heard the CE isn't very good, so maybe it'd be for the best. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Spoiler

#86 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5337 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:35 AM

Well looks like I won't get to play this till the move has died down.

Basically went to work, got home and had an update from Amazon.

"Good news! We have a shipping date for your order! It should arrive anywhere between April 10th, to May 5th!"

A month. A bleeping MONTH after the game has been out and I MIGHT get it? Or have to wait two months for this?

Yeah I don't think so. Order canceled.

I'm sorry but things like this is why I hate pre-ordering with Amazon. I've done it three times and two of those times have been terrible.

Spoiler

#87 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:46 PM

It seems like that had some sort of distributor issue that left them with far less stock of the CE than expected. Dunno the circumstances though.

Finished my first run on Devil Hunter. I'd definitely call it the best DMC game to date, and I think I'd even say that I liked every mission. Some of the secret missions were a tad frustrating due to how finicky they were, and while nicely designed the backgrounds do get a bit forgettable since they're all flavors of "ruined city" or "organic demon zones". Overall though my complaints are very minor and I'd rather sing its praises.

One thing I wish it had taken from the reboot is tracking collectibles by stage. I have one blue orb fragment remaining and quite a few stages to check even if I use a guide.

#88 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 793 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:20 AM

I'm up to mission 17, hopefully I'll round it out tonight. Gameplay, it's really, really great. Everything carried over from 4 works exactly the same, so my 300-hour muscle memory is happy, and all the new stuff is (mostly) simple and effective. Playing as V is really weird. Dante's new... everything I've still not really learned yet, so I'm still mostly flailing hopelessly with him, but I'll get there. I'll probably remap my controller for him so that the paddles change styles, that'll probably give me an edge. I like that Real Impact is still around, but I don't think it distorts anymore.

The rest, I'm more 'eeh' on. Environment design, while very well done and very... pretty is probably not quite the right word, is all very samey. Like you say, smashed-up city, squishy hellhole, or for variety, squishy hellhole with bits of smashed-up city. Enemy design isn't too great either, too many grey-brown things. I suspect that's less of a lack of vision thing more than it is a current-gen graphics/engine thing.

Story-wise:

Spoiler

Overall, despite my rather lengthy gripes, I think it's a great game. I don't think it'll measure up to 4 - especially the SE - in the long run, but it's still up there.

#89 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19881 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:48 AM

Playing as V is okay in normal and Son of Sparda, if with a bit of a learning curve due to how differently he plays from Dante and Nero. 

Dante Must Die mode though, yeesh. With how ridiculously bullet spongey and aggressive enemies are, it's hard enough to get them into cane range but delivering the killing hit is far more difficult than in any other mode. The control scheme for the familiars doesn't help either. 

xOyvpt9.png

#90 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:02 PM

DMD is kind of miserable I'm finding. Like you mention V has a lot of issues just performing his basic mechanic, but also the enemy rosters for Dante are just downright cruel at times.

My results so far-

https://twitter.com/...491145163173888

https://twitter.com/...491340177285120

#91 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19881 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:20 PM

The riots are awful. Not as bad as the fish and electric lizards from 4 but almost there

xOyvpt9.png

#92 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:25 AM

They DT way too early and it just makes them a massive pain to deal with.

I have since finished DMD and am now subjecting myself to the rest of HAH because I hate myself or something. Up to mission 12.

#93 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

That...that seems like cheating, Dante

#94 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:34 PM

Just shameless bragging here:

https://twitter.com/...487517089734656

https://twitter.com/...495857995919360

#95 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

Beat Hell and Hell. Pretty sure I have a few gray hairs after that experience.

S Ranks left if I want to come back and try for the Platinum trophy:

Devil Hunter: 5

Son of Sparda: 7

Dante Must Die: 3

Hell and Hell: 16

*sigh*  I probably will try, too...

#96 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19881 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

Damn. still haven't gotten through DMD and that's with me allowing As and Bs

xOyvpt9.png

#97 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:07 AM

Man, I'm stuck on SoS Vergil. Everything up to him is fine, he's just like a brick wall.

#98 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:52 AM

Gah, that should've been thirteen stages for DMD rather than three. But I've been busy, this is all that's left to S rank:

SOS: 8
DMD: 8, 10, 11, 16

HAH: 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 16

EDIT: Ton of progress today

Edited by HomelessOne, 30 March 2019 - 12:27 AM.

#99 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:12 AM

Bloody Palace is up. No apparent co-op, no apparent playable Vergil, so I hope no one had their irrational hopes too high.

Special callout to whoever decided Floor 70 would be 3+ Furies simultaneously. Bravo you monster, that was amazing.

Meanwhile: the end (of my suffering) is in sight.

SOS: 8
DMD: 8, 16
HAH: 4, 5, 8, 16

#100 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:01 AM

Got the Platinum.

https://psnprofiles....HomelessOne1124

---

Bloody Palace fun:

Spoiler

Edited by HomelessOne, 02 April 2019 - 04:13 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users