Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

Photo

Devil May Cry 5

106 replies to this topic

#1 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

Releasing on March 8th, 2019!

Just thought I'd make an actual thread since there's new footage and I'm super hyped.

Original E3 announcement trailer:

New Gamescom 2018 footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZdyeCRgus

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#2 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13551 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

I cannot wait for this!

fslookup.jpg

#3 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:50 AM

They'd previously talked about how the Devil Breakers can be destroyed by enemies, but I am slightly surprised how many ways you have to deliberately break them for effects.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#4 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1345 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:38 AM

Looks like Nero has a total of eight (two sets of four) to start with, and there's probably going to be more types and capacity upgrades.

Still, this is the first combat resource that can really be depleted that I can recall in the series.  Sure, some attacks deplete meters, but those could be refilled just by fighting.  Breaker drops look to be generous, but they still depend on item drops.  It's an interesting change, although I'm not sure how fun it'll be.  If nothing else, it'll encourage players to run through all the types rather than relying on just one.

Unfortunately, fools are often planproof.

#5 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:11 PM

We can apparently buy more from Nico's shop mid-mission (that's what calling her on the phone is for), but it's not in the demo. Not that I'm disagreeing; how exactly they balance the Devil Breaker's "resource management" aspect will be very important.

THFpTSB.jpg

Edited by HomelessOne, 22 August 2018 - 02:49 PM.

#6 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:21 PM

Looks like Nero has a total of eight (two sets of four) to start with, and there's probably going to be more types and capacity upgrades.

Still, this is the first combat resource that can really be depleted that I can recall in the series.  Sure, some attacks deplete meters, but those could be refilled just by fighting.  Breaker drops look to be generous, but they still depend on item drops.  It's an interesting change, although I'm not sure how fun it'll be.  If nothing else, it'll encourage players to run through all the types rather than relying on just one.

The Breaker drops in the gameplay demo seemed pretty placeholder-y, liberally sprinkled throughout the level so you wouldn't have to worry about managing them too much.  I don't think they'll just be lying on the ground randomly in the final game.

Dante's new bike looks cool.  At least, now he doesn't have to borrow (and destroy) Lady's bike.  Twin buzzsaw swords!

Edited by mx-01 archon, 23 August 2018 - 02:22 PM.

#7 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:38 PM

Actually they will be lying on the ground randomly in the final game, I just imagine not as frequently as we saw in the demo. The director talked about it in an interview not long after e3.

Can you tell us about Nero's new prosthetic arm?

Okabe: The "Devil Breaker", the prosthetic arm created by Nico, will change the game drastically. Devil Breaker has some slots for cartridges, and you can carry them when the mission begins. They are very powerful, but fragile. You have to dodge enemy attacks or they will break very easily, so you need to put a new cartridge when one breaks. There are some cartridges placed in each level, and you can also buy them from Nico who will arrive in a van. The arm is one of Nero's core mechanics in this game.

Edited by HomelessOne, 23 August 2018 - 04:38 PM.

#8 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:58 PM

I meant more like they wouldn't just be there for no reason, but placed like most DMC powerups, in breakables and such.

From what I can tell, though, even if you're a bit careless with your Breaker usage, you won't be left completely in the deep end.  It looks like the Whip Arm is the back-up weapon, its reel serving as the attachment point for all the other Breakers.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 23 August 2018 - 05:00 PM.

#9 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:09 PM

#10 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:27 AM

The official site's descriptions are so bombastic I felt they needed to be shared.

Devil Breaker

New power for a broken hunter

A weaponized prosthetic arm made by Nico to replace Nero's missing limb.
High output performance makes them break easily, so Nero usually carries multiple Devil Breakers into battle, swapping out broken arms for new ones.
The base of the Devil Breaker contains the Wire Snatch ability, which pulls smaller foes to him or sends him rocketing towards larger targets, living or otherwise.

---

Overture

Iconic demon shocker

The first Devil Breaker built by Nico.
An orthodox weapon compared to the other arms, damaging enemies with electric bursts. Its name is derived from this straightforward functionality.
The first Devil Breaker available in the game, this arm is easy for starting players to use.

---

Gerbera

Obliterating recoil laser

A Devil Breaker that launches shockwaves from its petal-shaped complex reverberatory furnace. The recoil can be used for instantaneous movement, and converging the shockwaves makes it fire a high-output energy beam. Beautiful design belies tremendous firepower.

---

Ragtime

Versatile time stopper

This arm was crafted from special materials obtained from a powerful foe.
Creates special force fields that warp and slow the flow of time for all within them.
Convenient for taking on multiple foes at once, the utility of this Devil Breaker varies based on your play style.

---

Punch Line

Flying haymaker

Rare demonic minerals give this Devil Breaker jet propulsion power, packing incredible destructive force behind each blow. The arm can detach to fly around autonomously, during which Nero can ride it. Slam into demons in this mode for even more damage.

---

Buster Arm

Replicated Devil Bringer

Nico tried to recreate Nero's lost demonic arm, resulting in a powerhouse capable of throwing enemies with devastating force. This brute strength comes at the price of reduced durability, but the chance to toss around massive demons is well worth it.

Edited by HomelessOne, 24 August 2018 - 03:27 AM.

#11 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13551 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:05 AM

So Neros lost his Devil Arm? I'm guessing that means he's lost Yamato too.

This is an interesting dynamic. I hope the story is crazy enough to live up to this.

fslookup.jpg

#12 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, if you go back to the e3 trailer there's a sequence near the end where we see a "mysterious" figure tear the Devil Bringer off.

Nero can wear his hood, and the classic revving taunt now fills an Exceed bar:

https://i.imgur.com/aWE48wf.gifv

#13 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about Nero losing the 'easy and fun' gameplay to Dante's 'difficult but ultimately satisfying'. Maybe V will take up Nero's old role?

Yeah, if you go back to the e3 trailer there's a sequence near the end where we see a "mysterious" figure tear the Devil Bringer off.

I mean, it's more that Nero gets torn off the Devil Bringer, mysterious-hooded-stranger-who's-totally-Vergil holds onto the arm and pushes Nero away.

#14 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5233 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:28 PM

I'm a little TORN (sorry) about Nero losing his devil arm. I do like what I see with the Devil Breakers, but not really a fan of them being limited use. I kinda feel I'd want to find a way to just have one permanently and be done with it. I'm sure when I actually get to play the game though, I'll likely come around.

I'm really curious as to what's happened to Kyrie.

And look, I'm sorry but from what little I've seen of her, I really do NOT like this Nico girl. >_>

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#15 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

u8Vz0Ha.jpg

#16 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 736 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:44 AM

We've had confirmation that this comes after DMC2, which continues the trend of no two games in the series being next to each other in the timeline. Hopefully this also means that we'll see Lucia at some point too, she's the only playable character that was left out of 4SE.

#17 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Another good look at Gerbera's aerial charged attack.

#18 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:55 PM

https://gematsu.com/...eakers-gameplay

Of note they show off most of the functions of the Tomboy ("Exceed Arm" in pic before), Helter Skelter ("Drill Arm"), and the Rawhide ("Whip Arm") Devil Breakers. Punch Line and Ragtime also get some proper gameplay showing, so we get a better idea of exactly how they work.

Edited by HomelessOne, 31 August 2018 - 11:11 PM.

#19 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4719 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:02 PM

Someone who has most certainly violated an NDA of some sort has been sharing pics and footage from a playtest copy of the game. If you're the sort that wants to avoid spoilers I'd tread very carefully, as they're popping up all over.

#20 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28634 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:34 AM

Releasing on March 8th, 2019!

Just thought I'd make an actual thread since there's new footage and I'm super hyped.

It's pretty adorable.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users