Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (15 December 2019 - 04:05 PM)

The music, if you'd even call it that, adds to the creepy atmosphere. Apparently it was recorded using sounds created in a real nuclear power plant of the same type as Chernobyl.

@  Nevermore : (15 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

In case you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend the HBO mini-series "Chernobyl", which is about, well, you know. It's very intense and not for the faint-heartet. I'd say it's more scary than any horror flick, because (despite some artistic liberties taken with the behavior of some of the characters, and the timeline for some events), it's eerily real.

@  Sabrblade : (15 December 2019 - 10:51 AM)

Hey, at least you baked a cake in the bathroom. Not many can attest to that. :p

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Nope. Forgot entirely, had to make another trip.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

Well, did you get water?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Went to the bathroom, shaved, baked a cake... wait, I only got up to get some water...

@  unluckiness : (14 December 2019 - 09:01 AM)

That's a common misconception. You see compared to the first run, it's a new mold.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek: Picard - streaming on CBS All Access in early 2020

379 replies to this topic

#361 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3291 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:21 PM

Not as ugly as TNG's assorted Admiral uniforms, but I still prefer the First Contact & later DS9 Admiral tunics with the fancy Federation emblem belt buckle.

ProductPageAdmiralTunic-mens-front_large

I rewatched DS9 earlier this year, and I have decided the earlier, coloured-shoulders uniforms are superior to those dull grey ones. Much more befitting the Trek universe...
QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimately, collecting toys with gold plastic is like global thermonuclear war. The only way to win is not to play.

#362 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10690 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:26 PM

That particular example looks a little duller than usual, but with the department-colored turtleneck shirt underneath I think it had enough color. It was a more tasteful design, and the only one I'd personally wear aside from the "Monster Maroon" uniforms used for TWOK onwards.

#363 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46598 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:08 PM

I never liked the Grey uniforms.

#364 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10690 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:05 PM

Looking more at that ST:P admiral variant, it actually seems to take a couple design cues from the absolute worst of TNG's admiral uniforms, although fortunately it doesn't look terrible. The way the yoke is broken up by a strip of gold (or in the case of Picard's uniform, black and gold), and the sharp angle of the cuff stripes compared to the horizontal stripes on later uniforms.

Fortunately it hasn't got as suffocating a collar, or the bizarre orientation of the rank pips.

themeasureofaman_hd_064.jpg

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 25 October 2019 - 09:07 PM.

#365 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1249 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:22 PM

The Dominion War/First Contact uniforms are the only ones in the 24th century that don't make the cast look like a bunch of assholes. I'm glad they continued that trend backward with the Enterprise and Discovery uniforms and have mostly done away with that hideous TNG aesthetic.
LOOKDOWN.png

#366 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34388 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 09:51 PM

That particular example looks a little duller than usual, but with the department-colored turtleneck shirt underneath I think it had enough color. It was a more tasteful design, and the only one I'd personally wear aside from the "Monster Maroon" uniforms used for TWOK onwards.

I'm Axaday and I approve this message.

#367 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9242 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:59 PM

Hopefully that's accurate and he looks better in the final product.

#368 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26983 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

The Picard admiral uniform looks like something that would fit well in Star Trek Online.

Or will, probably.

#369 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5475 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:08 PM

I didn't realize how dated the TNG uniforms were until I saw them in the trailer.  Glad we're moving on, aesthetically.  I really hope the entire series doesn't take place on civilian vessels.  I NEED to see Starfleet ships and uniforms and consoles and tech.  I need it so much.

#370 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46598 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:11 PM

My question is if Data's not going to look the way he looks in the trailers, then why does he look the way he looks IN the trailers? You don't need to CG-post process an actor's makeup if you just get it right to start with.

#371 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34388 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:36 AM

It IS a weird statement when the trailers are presumably taken from the show.  But maybe making his makeup right to start with was impossible because of the aging of the actor and they didn't have time to fix it before the trailers came out (which is itself odd because it is just a few seconds to do and they could have left it out of the trailer completely).

#372 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26983 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:50 AM

They wanted to tease "hey, Data's in this." Hard to do that if you're leaving Data out of the trailer.

#373 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5475 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:28 AM

Is he actually *in* this story, though?  I want to see him (or some Soong-type android) outside of dreams or flashbacks.

#374 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26983 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:30 AM

He's in the series in some capacity, regardless of the answer to that.

#375 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9965 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:57 AM

Is he actually *in* this story, though?  I want to see him (or some Soong-type android) outside of dreams or flashbacks.

I assume from the first trailer that B-4 will appear because, following on from the ending to Nemesis, Starfleet is trying to resurrect Data via the files he copied over to B-4.

They already did that in Countdown + Star Trek Online, as David Mack did separately in the novels by Pocket Books. Now a high-budget TV series will do a own canon take on the storyline because Data is way too beloved a character for Picard's showrunners to leave alone.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#376 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46598 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

Can I just say I hate the idea that Data is revived via B4, simply because it inevitably ends with B4 being if not outright replaced then submerged.

Nothing speaks of the bright, glorious future that is Star Trek's Federation quite like having the self-sacrificing genius seize control of the body of his Special Needs brother, even if it was a unintended side effect. That's the kind of crap I expect Lore to pull.

#377 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32921 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:20 PM

Exactly. While the whole story was way too grandiose, I did like the way that the Star trek books handle that issue, when Soong resurfaced, because B4 finished up remaining his own person when it was all said and done.
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#378 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10690 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:43 PM

Exactly. While the whole story was way too grandiose, I did like the way that the Star trek books handle that issue, when Soong resurfaced, because B4 finished up remaining his own person when it was all said and done.

It got a bit grandiose in the 2nd and 3rd books of that series, but Persistence of Memory was a fantastic read.

#379 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32921 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:34 PM

Agreed.
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#380 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5475 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:07 AM

You know what, I think they should abandon restraint and just go full on fan service by giving us William Shatner as Kirk again.  I don't care how they explain it away, I just want them to do it.  The man (both of them) is a legend, let's see him on screen one last time!  Who's with me?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users