Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek: Picard - Season 1 Spoilers Inside!

1322 replies to this topic

#181 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10822 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

Nice to see Seven back... not so much the cube. Was kinda hoping they'd keep the Borg out of it, unless this is going to be the "destroy the collective" storyline, hopefully taking at least some cues from the Destiny novels.

If they do bring Data back, with absolutely no nods to "Cold Equations", it's going to be a little annoying. There's not likely to be a better Data resurrection story idea than the one presented there.

#182 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9212 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

They already had a throwaway line in TNG establishing he could "age".

Wasn't that a possible future though?

#183 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

Of course Data can "age". He's an android; all he has to do is make cosmetic modifications to his chassis!

#184 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34894 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:30 PM

You don't have to change your appearance to age.  All you have to do is stay alive.

But Data didn't do that.

#185 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10809 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

Well this might just get me to bite the bullet on CBS All Access. I don't want to see the Borg again - God I'm sick of them - but Seven? Data? Giving the TNG era some televised closure? I'm down for all of that.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#186 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36717 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:44 PM

Johnathan Frakes has confirmed on his twitter that he's filmed scenes with Stewart for the series.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#187 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17728 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:11 AM

I hope this show is as perfect as it appears to be.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#188 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:43 AM

I'm surprised at the Borg hate going on. I mean, it's a show about Picard. I'm not a huge fan of the Borg post-Voyager either but I can't say them being a driving point of the narrative really surprises me. First Contact was the most critically successful TNG film for a reason even if I fundamentally dislike it.

#189 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:34 AM

There can be a Borg cube without the Borg showing up.  In the Countdown comics it's established that Nero's ship has extensive Borg technology.  Perhaps the Romulans captured a cube and have reverse engineered it following the Hobus event.  I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of the events leading up to and following the destruction of Romulus.

#190 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2008 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:21 AM

From a business perspective, this series MAY be a reaction/competition to the Orville.  Star Trek was hemorrhaging fans to this little independent comedy that "was more Star Trek than current Trek".  CBS may have created this series to try to win longtime fans back.  If Orville created a good third season, those fans may leave forever...and take all of their merchandise buying money with them.  Let's be honest, there is no money in the shows, it is in that plastic dog doodie with a delta on it that fans WILL buy.  I know it is anecdotal, but the dealers room was larger than the speaking room at the 25th anniversary convention in Anaheim.  Paramount encouraged that as it gave the show free press.

Fans will not see the specifics of the show, they will be lost in the rose covered stupor of how the franchise treated them, and when they have the warm fuzzy, they will get on line and purchase all kinds of stuff they don't need for far too much.

"Expect me when I arrive" - G'kar
Ryougabot

#191 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17728 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:33 AM

With Orville going to hulu my only shot at watching any star trek is with paying services and I don't know what to do with that.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#192 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10809 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:42 AM

I'm surprised at the Borg hate going on. I mean, it's a show about Picard. I'm not a huge fan of the Borg post-Voyager either but I can't say them being a driving point of the narrative really surprises me. First Contact was the most critically successful TNG film for a reason even if I fundamentally dislike it.

I don't hate the Borg. I just had a friend growing up who was obsessed with them, and that kinda soured them for me.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#193 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28952 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

Also we have no clue what that Cube is.  Could be the Borg, could be the remains of the Borg.  Just cause it's one shot doesn't mean they're back.

Ironbite-and annoying us.

xC9l3eY.gif

#194 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1429 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:59 PM

It could be sector seven rebuilding the one from First contact, and it's taken 20 years to put it all back together. We don't know

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#195 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32631 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

And who cares if the Borg are back if theres a good story to be told with them

People where bitching that we kept going backwards in the timeline and spinoffs And here we have an honest continuation of the TNG era 

So lets enjoy it while we can

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#196 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1852 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

It could be sector seven rebuilding the one from First contact, and it's taken 20 years to put it all back together. We don't know

Project Iceman? What's Sector Seven? Who's Captain Witwicky?

#197 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

The thing with the Borg is that First Contact turned them from a massive community Commune into a massive Cult of Personality. The Borg never really recovered from that.

I'd argue Enterprise's Regeneration did a fantastic job of "rehabilitating" the threat of the Borg, even if they had to crib Lovecraft's "In the Mountains of Madness" to do it.

#198 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36717 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:10 PM

The thing with the Borg is that First Contact turned them from a massive community Commune into a massive Cult of Personality. The Borg never really recovered from that.

I'd argue Enterprise's Regeneration did a fantastic job of "rehabilitating" the threat of the Borg, even if they had to crib Lovecraft's "In the Mountains of Madness" to do it.

The Borg are almost exactly Star Trek's Daleks. They're very popular and get brought back more often then they should, but all it takes is one really good story to remind viewers of just why they are dangerous in the first place. Regeneration does this for the Borg and Resolution does it for the Daleks.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#199 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10822 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, Regeneration did manage to make the Borg creepy again. That they said so little, and kind of returned to their origins in Q Who and BoBW as being "the ultimate user". The Enterprise pulling up to the Borg ship just silently slicing that freighter up into chunks really brought back some of their TNG vibes.

#200 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:34 PM

Honestly, take away the nonsense of the Queen and return the Borg to a collective ultimate endurance predator. Their only need is to consume.

Heck, retcon the Queens existence as some unlucky race's effort to "dam the tide" as it were, by giving a overriding consciousness some control over the Collective's need to assimilate. Then turn Voyager's ending on its head, in that Future Janeway's virus didn't destroy the Borg, but rather just eliminated the only actual stopgap measure put into place to try and check the Borg. Without a fallible intellect at the helm, the Borg become a biomechanical flood, leaving nothing in their wake save more Drones for the Collective.

EDIT: Also, just hit me that we see a scene with a Soong android in pieces. I'd like to think Data's rights as a sapient being were respected in the form of B4 so...could that potentially be Lore?

Edited by Rust, 22 July 2019 - 08:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users