Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (17 January 2019 - 08:19 PM)

I'm also only reading the trades. So I'm still missing... two volumes that are currently only available as hardcovers? Three?

@  Trpodeca : (17 January 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Astro City is great. Since I only read the trades, there probably won't be a big change for me.

@  ZakuConvoy : (17 January 2019 - 05:34 PM)

I have. Great series. Hopefully the transition to OGNs will be a smooth one.

@  Nevermore : (17 January 2019 - 07:20 AM)

Anyone here reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City?

@  Verity Carlo : (16 January 2019 - 01:12 PM)

https://sites.google...ations---part-1awwwww shit

@  Benbot : (16 January 2019 - 12:36 PM)

Remember the Noid? He steals pizzas!

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 January 2019 - 10:47 AM)

That said, the old "Nester" character from Nintendo Power IS owned by Nintendo, and I could see a homage in there

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 January 2019 - 10:46 AM)

Because technically DiC created the character, Nintendo does not own him.

@  Paladin : (16 January 2019 - 10:28 AM)

sidebar- why is "Captain N" not in Smash yet? that seems like such an easy option.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2019 - 09:18 AM)

The 90's mario cartoons had exactly three character aspects to work with: fat, italian and plumber. He wasn't exactly wrenching pipes in every episode, so they had to do something...

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 January 2019 - 07:31 AM)

It's in another castle.

@  unluckiness : (16 January 2019 - 06:24 AM)

i HOpE sHe mADe LotSA SPAGHETTI

@  Locoman : (16 January 2019 - 06:17 AM)

Mario, wherever you are, HEEEEEEEELP!

@  unluckiness : (16 January 2019 - 06:07 AM)

That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario *wheeze*

@  Pennpenn : (16 January 2019 - 02:24 AM)

It's too hot here.

@  Echowarrior : (15 January 2019 - 11:03 PM)

I liked the Super Mario Brothers Super Show the best myself.

@  Sabrblade : (15 January 2019 - 10:35 PM)

There's always the three Mario cartoons DiC made back in the 80s.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 January 2019 - 09:48 PM)

So they could make a show that everyone would scream was an adventure time knockoff? I get what you're saying, but I can't see it being well received.

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 January 2019 - 08:47 PM)

The fact that Adventure Time was on the air for 8 years and at no point did Nintendo hand the creators a large sack of money and say, "Please make a Mario thing for us" will forever anger me.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 January 2019 - 07:03 PM)

There was so much awesome put into design and conception of the super mario bros. movie, and it didn't even need the branding: but it wouldn't have made it to the screen without the branding.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 January 2019 - 06:56 PM)

Many aspects of it have stuck in my memory, though. The boots, the devolution ray, the aesthetic of the dinosaur city

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 January 2019 - 06:55 PM)

I had no idea there was another Mario Bros. movie coming out, though. Doubt it'll top the first one, it was just so bizarre

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 January 2019 - 06:55 PM)

They already act a bit like minions; they just aren't stupid

@  wonko the sane? : (15 January 2019 - 05:35 PM)

The trouble is: I honestly can't decide if making them minions would be better or worse than the continuously shrill voices they've used for the last 20 years.

@  Paladin : (15 January 2019 - 05:27 PM)

hope everyone's ready for Toads to look, act & sound like the Minions forever...

@  Lancer : (15 January 2019 - 04:54 PM)

I mean, considering Illumination is making the new Mario movie, Super Mario Bros. 1993 won't be the worst Mario movie anymore

@  Sabrblade : (15 January 2019 - 04:36 PM)

"Sir, your pizza's here." "Not now!"

@  wonko the sane? : (15 January 2019 - 04:28 PM)

Actually, yeah. I think I need to watch it again. Great movie.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 January 2019 - 03:44 PM)

It's a fun movie with amazing sets. As long as you don't try to connect it to anything else Mario, it's fine.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 January 2019 - 03:38 PM)

Damn, I haven't thought about the Super Mario Bros. feature film in forever. Need to watch it again, soon; I can only imagine it gets better with time.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 January 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Re:Zero is a fantastic series.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 January 2019 - 03:10 PM)

Yeah it's not a bad concept, it's just that lately the term is associated with "I, a Loser Everyman, Woke Up In a Generic Fantasy Setting Where I'm Super Special So Now Girls Orbit Me"

@  Sabrblade : (15 January 2019 - 12:59 PM)

So too is the old Super Mario Bros movie

@  wonko the sane? : (15 January 2019 - 12:28 PM)

I went and looked up the term "isekai"... that's not actually as bad as I thought it was going to be.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 January 2019 - 12:19 PM)

I'm not sure, but the cartoon segments of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show are.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 January 2019 - 12:12 PM)

Wait. A. Minute. Is Blaster Master an isekai?

@  MEDdMI : (15 January 2019 - 08:49 AM)

*Dragon Slave*

@  Xellos : (15 January 2019 - 06:22 AM)

I used to use a pic like that as my avatar for years, but that... is a secret.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 January 2019 - 02:07 AM)

Is Flatland an isekai?

@  MEDdMI : (14 January 2019 - 11:16 PM)

@Xellos Every time I see you post, I picture Xellos' infuriating smug grin and finger waggling with the "sore wa hi*mi*tsu*desu <3"

@  Waspinator : (14 January 2019 - 09:50 PM)

The Last Starfighter is also one of those

@  Cybersnark : (14 January 2019 - 09:28 PM)

Astronaut gets shot through a wornhole and ends up on a living starship full of escaped alien prisoners.

@  Cybersnark : (14 January 2019 - 09:28 PM)

I realized a few months ago that Farscape is a sci-fi-based Isekai.

@  Sabrblade : (14 January 2019 - 09:03 PM)

The Thor movies and Enchanted, as well.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 January 2019 - 08:45 PM)

@xellos We get to many of those in Hollywood movies.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 January 2019 - 08:13 PM)

Re:Creators!

@  Xellos : (14 January 2019 - 07:47 PM)

There is also Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, where people regularly get summoned to a fantasy world, then eventually sent back with their accumulated powers (and the main character smuggles the demon lord's daugher by his request, which is a no-no)

@  Waspinator : (14 January 2019 - 07:23 PM)

We need more inverse isekais, like The Devil is a Part-Timer

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 January 2019 - 04:11 PM)

I feel like Tron is pushing it but I can't actually come up with an argument to that effect

@  Pennpenn : (14 January 2019 - 03:21 PM)

To Arazyr- I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Photo
- - - - -

Fourth Kelvin Star Trek film by S.J. Clarkson - Pine and Hemsworth no longer on board?

136 replies to this topic

#41 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38559 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

I would love to have a DS9 film, but the series kind of tied itself up rather nicely. I guess you could have Sisko return but that is about it. Besides, it is far too late for any of those characters to return for their own series. It would be neat though if we could get several of them in a film with some of the TNG and Voyager cast with some new characters.  Maybe we will get something like that for the Picard series.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#42 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 26964 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:25 AM

I always thought we'd have movies for DS9 and Voyager a couple of years after the show ended.

Ironbite-then Nemesis happened.

xC9l3eY.gif

#43 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

I eat your hugs

• Supporter
  • 60684 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:19 AM

I don't need a series of DS9 movies, just One will do 

#44 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2673 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:30 AM

I would like to see a TV series that is set after Voyager & DS9 time, for a show about boldly going where no man has gone before it sure hasn't boldly gone anywhere but backwards in resent years!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#45 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38559 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:10 AM

Maybe we will get that with the new Picard series.

#46 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2900 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:12 PM

Something deep down tells me the Enterprise D will still be around in his new series.

Cant decide if removing the TNG films from canon is good or bad.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#47 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 44614 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:11 PM

Good. No hesitation, Good.

I love TNG as a show, but my movie collection goes Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and then Star Trek 2009. The TNG garbage is exactly that - garbage. The best one of the batch only gets worse with age and the most glowing recommendation about it is "It feels like a two part episode". From early season 3.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#48 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2900 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

FC or INS?

Because I think INS is definitely a tv show expanded into a movie. But Ive never thought of it as the best.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#49 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 44614 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:16 AM

Insurrection. I've detailed my own problems with First Contact and why I feel it is a grossly overrated film before.

Edited by Rust, 21 August 2018 - 04:16 AM.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#50 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38559 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:34 AM

I think that it will be the Enterprise E that will be in the new series if the Enterprise is there at all. Considering that they would have to rebuild the Enterprise D sets, and how horrible that they look in Generations, I think that will be a good thing.Plus the E will be 25 years old at that point, so we might not even see her. As iconic as the D is is, you guys might just end up getting the F.

That sounds bad when I put it that way though......

#51 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7605 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

no way theyll do a new show and not have a new enterprise if it shows up. and im sure one will show up. probly for a season finale. itll be one of those plots where shit gets SO bad they need to put picard back on the bridge

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#52 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2756 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

SPOILER: The Enterprise-F's essential crew and systems won't be ready until Tuesday.

#53 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 44614 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

You left Space Dock without a tractor beam?!

#54 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10868 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:41 AM

The NX-01 left dock without working phase cannons.

"Let's hope these 'Klingons' are friendly."

#55 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 8558 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:18 PM

*sigh* Enterprise tried too hard to be too advanced too early.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#56 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 4848 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

For once I would like to see an Enterprise stick around for a while.  Aside from the original 1701, were ANY of them in service for more than 20 years?  According to the TNG Technical Manual, the Galaxy Class spaceframe had a lifespan of 100 years.  I assume most Starfleet ships have the potential to keep running for that long.  I would like to see a major Enterprise E refit, but I'll be very disappointed if it has been supplanted already.  If they decide to bump the Picard series 25 additional years into the future, I might be more accepting of a new ship, but I'm assuming they will continue the one year real time = one year fiction time that we've seen throughout the TNG era. I want a legendary Enterprise that's been in service for half a century, not one that's replaced as frequently as an iPhone.

Edited by Benbot, 22 August 2018 - 02:03 PM.

#57 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3020 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:25 PM

I would like to see how 'Next Generation' would be handled in the Kelvin timeline.

You left Space Dock without a tractor beam?!

It will be installed Tuesday.

#58 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 44614 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:14 PM

*sigh* Enterprise tried too hard to be too advanced too early.

To be fair, I thought Enterprise tried really hard to be more primitive than TOS. They were careful on what was referenced when, the Ferengi were never named as such and the First Contact tie in Borg Episode was a surprisingly well done "In The Mountains of Madness" homage.

Enterprise struggled, no doubt (And the Suliban and attack on Earth were about as subtle to post-9/11 America as a sledgehammer to the face, come on guys), but it at least failed by virtue of trying. As opposed to say Voyager, that failed and never tried.

For once I would like to see an Enterprise stick around for a while.  Aside from the original 1701, were ANY of them in service for more than 20 years?  According to the TNG Technical Manual, the Galaxy Class spaceframe had a lifespan of 100 years.  I assume most Starfleet ships have the potential to keep running for that long.  I would like to see a major Enterprise E refit, but I'll be very disappointed if it has been supplanted already.  If they decide to bump the Picard series 25 additional years into the future, I might be more accepting of a new ship, but I'm assuming they will continue the one year real time = one year fiction time that we've seen throughout the TNG era. I want a legendary Enterprise that's been in service for half a century, not one that's replaced as frequently as an iPhone.

As I remember it, the A was retired because it really was a electronic crapshow (As seen in Star Trek V) and the Constitution Class was already headed for the breakers when Kirk and Company saved Earth in IV and was given as a token of appreciation. Really, the A was the ship that should not have been.

B never got over the whole "Killed James T. Kirk, Savior of Earth and the Federation" on its maiden run.

C was forcibly "retired" by Romulans while protecting a Klingon colony.

D was built with balsa wood and duct tape and was apparently such a Engineering nightmare that they went through a dozen Chief Engineers before they finally had to solve the issue by putting the blind guy in charge. But he couldn't sneeze over in this one corner, or else the Warp Core would automatically breech.

E is...still around, last I knew?

#59 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34136 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

Something deep down tells me the Enterprise D will still be around in his new series.

Cant decide if removing the TNG films from canon is good or bad.

I have no idea at all why you would fear they'd use the D or remove the TNG films from canon.  No idea whatsoever.

I think that it will be the Enterprise E that will be in the new series if the Enterprise is there at all. Considering that they would have to rebuild the Enterprise D sets, and how horrible that they look in Generations, I think that will be a good thing.Plus the E will be 25 years old at that point, so we might not even see her. As iconic as the D is is, you guys might just end up getting the F.

That sounds bad when I put it that way though......

It would be really weird if it turned out that Captain Picard gets to stay a Captain for as long as he will and they'll keep giving him a new Enterprise whenever he needs one.  I think it was probably a mistake not to give his Sovereign a different name, but if something happened to it and they give him an F, they all deserve to be flunked.  That's just a weird idea.

I am eager to hear what the premise of the new show is.  It's a week or so on and no one else has announced that they are coming back.  Is he the main character?  A cameo?  A supporting role?  He might be someone's mentor or he might be an ambassador travelling aboard someone else's ship.  If he really is just the Captain of the Enterprise-F with Worf and Crusher and Geordi and Guinan and Madden along for the ride...I would watch it of course.  But that's kinda boring.

#60 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7605 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

you know what they REALLY need to work on making better? the damn consoles! those things are death traps on ships! even a single phaser hit and they just go a'splodin' like theyre made of firecrackers or something. 

if im ever on a starship, the second an enemy ship shows up im getting away from any and all consoles

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users