Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RCX : (29 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

I use a modern BM Thrust every time I go into the bathroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (29 January 2020 - 12:24 PM)

If you're old enough to actually know what Geewun is AND hate it, we're LONG past the prom days and should probably just go hit the bar.

@  B-Fox : (29 January 2020 - 12:20 PM)

I HATE GEEWUN WILL YOU GO WITH ME TO PROM, CONTRARIAN-SENPAI!

@  wonko the sane? : (29 January 2020 - 12:15 PM)

*Glares at PoTP optimal optimus* ... maybe?

@  Paladin : (29 January 2020 - 12:10 PM)

what, and actually acknowlege stuff created after 1987?

@  ThunderWear : (29 January 2020 - 12:01 PM)

Man, I just realized Siege was our best shot at Vehicon updates and it didn't happen. My kingdom for a modern BM Thrust.

@  wonko the sane? : (29 January 2020 - 08:11 AM)

Get some gloves and fish it out. Might still have it's wallet.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 January 2020 - 02:09 AM)

Hey, that one owes me five bucks.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 January 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You should stop recognizing the bodies.

@  Cybersnark : (28 January 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Someone killed Pagliacci and dumped his body in the water.

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 January 2020 - 05:56 PM)

No, PlutoniumBoss. You ARE the bodies in the water.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 January 2020 - 03:25 PM)

You Do Not Recognize The Bodies In The Water.

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 January 2020 - 01:47 PM)

It's only murder if they find the bodies.

@  Paladin : (28 January 2020 - 01:39 PM)

one can very easily serve as the other.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 January 2020 - 01:22 PM)

That depends: are you leaving a corpse, or a message?

@  Paladin : (28 January 2020 - 01:09 PM)

poison leaves less of a mess though...

@  wonko the sane? : (28 January 2020 - 12:45 PM)

Electrics are easier to use, quicker to clean, safer to operate. But there is no argument that a nice sharp blade does a better job.

@  Benbot : (28 January 2020 - 11:46 AM)

I've never shaved with anything other than an electric razor. I just don't want to put that much effort into it, but maybe I should start.

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 January 2020 - 11:19 AM)

Now you have to get "DANGER DO NOT STEP" tattoos on the edge of your jaw.

@  ThunderWear : (27 January 2020 - 08:56 PM)

Think of it positively, maybe your face just has optional no-slip surfaces

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 January 2020 - 05:38 PM)

I have dyspraxia so use a electric trimmer, it's never smooth. NEVER!

@  Benbot : (27 January 2020 - 12:52 PM)

don't you hate it when you shave but miss a whisker and it bugs you all day long and you try to yank it out but you can't because it's too short to get a hold of but your hand keeps finding it whenever you touch your face?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (25 January 2020 - 11:17 PM)

Twitter's revamp is so dumb. Nowadays, even when I am logged out of my account, right-clicking an image on Google Chrome won't let me access a URL to easily get the image's full size. That functionality was so useful!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM)

But when was the last time you saw a major retailer (since TRU) actually allot shelf space for a Transformers Titan? Or the Vintage Collection Poe X-Wing? There's clearly some sort of disparity between "girls" and "boys" toys that give companies justification to create $100+ items in the girls segment in FAR greater frequency than in boys.

@  fourteenwings : (25 January 2020 - 12:56 AM)

"how expensive they were" Tell that to L.O.L. O.M.G. and the $129 Amazing Surprise (I mean I guess when it comes to the toy aisle Power Rangers isn't a juggernaut like L.O.L.)

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:18 PM)

I think the big reason we didn't see the actual combining Zords at retail was because of how expensive they were. It would cost $100 to get enough of them to make a Megazord, $160+ if you want the Ultrazord. Or parents could just get the dang Ultrazord for $40 even if it didn't combine.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Because they are "kids toys" not "collector toys"

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 03:27 PM)

1) I don't have Target. 2) can't go into my walmart. I'm surprised Hasbro won't sell the toys on Pulse

@  Bass X0 : (24 January 2020 - 02:43 PM)

I dreamt my phone was ringing and woke up to answer it.

@  Sabrblade : (24 January 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Lightning Collection figures, the smaller normal-sized Beast Morphers Ranger/enemy/Beast-Bot figures, the role-play morpher and weapon toys, and the simplistic non-combining megazord toys have all been very easy to find at various Targets and Walmarts. It's only been the actual combining Beast Morphers zord toys (which are bizarrely being sold individually this time) that have been hard to find in stores.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Thought I do question Hasbro's almost reluctance to have the toys available anywhere.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 01:44 PM)

i've been trying to sell mine for weeks...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I hadn't opened mine yet, but from what I've seen, the general agreement is that the Beast Morpher zords are much better than Bandais.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I'm guessing if they're going to do anything on the level of Legacy Zords, it's being discussed behind NDAs at Toy Fair

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 January 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Lightning Collection is good, and they're taking their sweet time on making Zords that are better than Bandai's Zords.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 10:34 AM)

So, what's the general PR fandom consensus of the Hasbro run of PR so far? I pretty much stepped out of the community after I got the Bandai Legacy zords I wanted.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 08:46 AM)

that would require someone to BUY Hasbro PR toys...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM)

Well hopefully see some cool PR stuff. Wish BBTS sold Hasbro PR toys.

@  fourteenwings : (24 January 2020 - 07:01 AM)

February 22nd through 25th, I feel like it was earlier last year...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 06:32 AM)

When is NY TF?

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

Photo
- - - - -

Fourth Kelvin Star Trek film by S.J. Clarkson - Pine and Hemsworth no longer on board?

176 replies to this topic

#41 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39230 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

I would love to have a DS9 film, but the series kind of tied itself up rather nicely. I guess you could have Sisko return but that is about it. Besides, it is far too late for any of those characters to return for their own series. It would be neat though if we could get several of them in a film with some of the TNG and Voyager cast with some new characters.  Maybe we will get something like that for the Picard series.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#42 Ironbite

Ironbite

I summon me in attack position

• Supporter
  • 28328 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:25 AM

I always thought we'd have movies for DS9 and Voyager a couple of years after the show ended.

Ironbite-then Nemesis happened.

xC9l3eY.gif

#43 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Springer's Mom has got it go'n on!

• Supporter
  • 62565 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:19 AM

I don't need a series of DS9 movies, just One will do 

#44 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3706 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:30 AM

I would like to see a TV series that is set after Voyager & DS9 time, for a show about boldly going where no man has gone before it sure hasn't boldly gone anywhere but backwards in resent years!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#45 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39230 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:10 AM

Maybe we will get that with the new Picard series.

#46 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3138 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:12 PM

Something deep down tells me the Enterprise D will still be around in his new series.

Cant decide if removing the TNG films from canon is good or bad.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#47 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46773 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:11 PM

Good. No hesitation, Good.

I love TNG as a show, but my movie collection goes Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and then Star Trek 2009. The TNG garbage is exactly that - garbage. The best one of the batch only gets worse with age and the most glowing recommendation about it is "It feels like a two part episode". From early season 3.

#48 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3138 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

FC or INS?

Because I think INS is definitely a tv show expanded into a movie. But Ive never thought of it as the best.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#49 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46773 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:16 AM

Insurrection. I've detailed my own problems with First Contact and why I feel it is a grossly overrated film before.

Edited by Rust, 21 August 2018 - 04:16 AM.

#50 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39230 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:34 AM

I think that it will be the Enterprise E that will be in the new series if the Enterprise is there at all. Considering that they would have to rebuild the Enterprise D sets, and how horrible that they look in Generations, I think that will be a good thing.Plus the E will be 25 years old at that point, so we might not even see her. As iconic as the D is is, you guys might just end up getting the F.

That sounds bad when I put it that way though......

#51 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8314 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

no way theyll do a new show and not have a new enterprise if it shows up. and im sure one will show up. probly for a season finale. itll be one of those plots where shit gets SO bad they need to put picard back on the bridge

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#52 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

SPOILER: The Enterprise-F's essential crew and systems won't be ready until Tuesday.

#53 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46773 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

You left Space Dock without a tractor beam?!

#54 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11447 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:41 AM

The NX-01 left dock without working phase cannons.

"Let's hope these 'Klingons' are friendly."

#55 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10007 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:18 PM

*sigh* Enterprise tried too hard to be too advanced too early.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#56 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5554 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

For once I would like to see an Enterprise stick around for a while.  Aside from the original 1701, were ANY of them in service for more than 20 years?  According to the TNG Technical Manual, the Galaxy Class spaceframe had a lifespan of 100 years.  I assume most Starfleet ships have the potential to keep running for that long.  I would like to see a major Enterprise E refit, but I'll be very disappointed if it has been supplanted already.  If they decide to bump the Picard series 25 additional years into the future, I might be more accepting of a new ship, but I'm assuming they will continue the one year real time = one year fiction time that we've seen throughout the TNG era. I want a legendary Enterprise that's been in service for half a century, not one that's replaced as frequently as an iPhone.

Edited by Benbot, 22 August 2018 - 02:03 PM.

#57 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3279 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:25 PM

I would like to see how 'Next Generation' would be handled in the Kelvin timeline.

You left Space Dock without a tractor beam?!

It will be installed Tuesday.

#58 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46773 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:14 PM

*sigh* Enterprise tried too hard to be too advanced too early.

To be fair, I thought Enterprise tried really hard to be more primitive than TOS. They were careful on what was referenced when, the Ferengi were never named as such and the First Contact tie in Borg Episode was a surprisingly well done "In The Mountains of Madness" homage.

Enterprise struggled, no doubt (And the Suliban and attack on Earth were about as subtle to post-9/11 America as a sledgehammer to the face, come on guys), but it at least failed by virtue of trying. As opposed to say Voyager, that failed and never tried.

For once I would like to see an Enterprise stick around for a while.  Aside from the original 1701, were ANY of them in service for more than 20 years?  According to the TNG Technical Manual, the Galaxy Class spaceframe had a lifespan of 100 years.  I assume most Starfleet ships have the potential to keep running for that long.  I would like to see a major Enterprise E refit, but I'll be very disappointed if it has been supplanted already.  If they decide to bump the Picard series 25 additional years into the future, I might be more accepting of a new ship, but I'm assuming they will continue the one year real time = one year fiction time that we've seen throughout the TNG era. I want a legendary Enterprise that's been in service for half a century, not one that's replaced as frequently as an iPhone.

As I remember it, the A was retired because it really was a electronic crapshow (As seen in Star Trek V) and the Constitution Class was already headed for the breakers when Kirk and Company saved Earth in IV and was given as a token of appreciation. Really, the A was the ship that should not have been.

B never got over the whole "Killed James T. Kirk, Savior of Earth and the Federation" on its maiden run.

C was forcibly "retired" by Romulans while protecting a Klingon colony.

D was built with balsa wood and duct tape and was apparently such a Engineering nightmare that they went through a dozen Chief Engineers before they finally had to solve the issue by putting the blind guy in charge. But he couldn't sneeze over in this one corner, or else the Warp Core would automatically breech.

E is...still around, last I knew?

#59 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34545 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

Something deep down tells me the Enterprise D will still be around in his new series.

Cant decide if removing the TNG films from canon is good or bad.

I have no idea at all why you would fear they'd use the D or remove the TNG films from canon.  No idea whatsoever.

I think that it will be the Enterprise E that will be in the new series if the Enterprise is there at all. Considering that they would have to rebuild the Enterprise D sets, and how horrible that they look in Generations, I think that will be a good thing.Plus the E will be 25 years old at that point, so we might not even see her. As iconic as the D is is, you guys might just end up getting the F.

That sounds bad when I put it that way though......

It would be really weird if it turned out that Captain Picard gets to stay a Captain for as long as he will and they'll keep giving him a new Enterprise whenever he needs one.  I think it was probably a mistake not to give his Sovereign a different name, but if something happened to it and they give him an F, they all deserve to be flunked.  That's just a weird idea.

I am eager to hear what the premise of the new show is.  It's a week or so on and no one else has announced that they are coming back.  Is he the main character?  A cameo?  A supporting role?  He might be someone's mentor or he might be an ambassador travelling aboard someone else's ship.  If he really is just the Captain of the Enterprise-F with Worf and Crusher and Geordi and Guinan and Madden along for the ride...I would watch it of course.  But that's kinda boring.

#60 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8314 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

you know what they REALLY need to work on making better? the damn consoles! those things are death traps on ships! even a single phaser hit and they just go a'splodin' like theyre made of firecrackers or something. 

if im ever on a starship, the second an enemy ship shows up im getting away from any and all consoles

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users