Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM)

But when was the last time you saw a major retailer (since TRU) actually allot shelf space for a Transformers Titan? Or the Vintage Collection Poe X-Wing? There's clearly some sort of disparity between "girls" and "boys" toys that give companies justification to create $100+ items in the girls segment in FAR greater frequency than in boys.

@  fourteenwings : (25 January 2020 - 12:56 AM)

"how expensive they were" Tell that to L.O.L. O.M.G. and the $129 Amazing Surprise (I mean I guess when it comes to the toy aisle Power Rangers isn't a juggernaut like L.O.L.)

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:18 PM)

I think the big reason we didn't see the actual combining Zords at retail was because of how expensive they were. It would cost $100 to get enough of them to make a Megazord, $160+ if you want the Ultrazord. Or parents could just get the dang Ultrazord for $40 even if it didn't combine.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Because they are "kids toys" not "collector toys"

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 03:27 PM)

1) I don't have Target. 2) can't go into my walmart. I'm surprised Hasbro won't sell the toys on Pulse

@  Bass X0 : (24 January 2020 - 02:43 PM)

I dreamt my phone was ringing and woke up to answer it.

@  Sabrblade : (24 January 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Lightning Collection figures, the smaller normal-sized Beast Morphers Ranger/enemy/Beast-Bot figures, the role-play morpher and weapon toys, and the simplistic non-combining megazord toys have all been very easy to find at various Targets and Walmarts. It's only been the actual combining Beast Morphers zord toys (which are bizarrely being sold individually this time) that have been hard to find in stores.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Thought I do question Hasbro's almost reluctance to have the toys available anywhere.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 01:44 PM)

i've been trying to sell mine for weeks...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I hadn't opened mine yet, but from what I've seen, the general agreement is that the Beast Morpher zords are much better than Bandais.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I'm guessing if they're going to do anything on the level of Legacy Zords, it's being discussed behind NDAs at Toy Fair

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 January 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Lightning Collection is good, and they're taking their sweet time on making Zords that are better than Bandai's Zords.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 10:34 AM)

So, what's the general PR fandom consensus of the Hasbro run of PR so far? I pretty much stepped out of the community after I got the Bandai Legacy zords I wanted.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 08:46 AM)

that would require someone to BUY Hasbro PR toys...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM)

Well hopefully see some cool PR stuff. Wish BBTS sold Hasbro PR toys.

@  fourteenwings : (24 January 2020 - 07:01 AM)

February 22nd through 25th, I feel like it was earlier last year...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 06:32 AM)

When is NY TF?

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

Photo
- - - - -

Fourth Kelvin Star Trek film by S.J. Clarkson - Pine and Hemsworth no longer on board?

176 replies to this topic

#1 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9999 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:30 PM

Evidently, Paramount's negotiations with Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth are breaking down over financials.

https://www.hollywoo...ks-fall-1133802

Clarification for anyone confused about "Star Trek 4": as I understand the state of post-Beyond theatrical Trek, Quentin Tarantino's upcoming Trek film was announced first, in December 2017, but subsequently, in April 2018, S.J. Clarkson was announced to be directing a separate Trek film, and that Clarkson's film would enter production and presumably see release before Tarantino's.

General Star Trek thread here.

Tarantino Star Trek thread here.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 11 August 2018 - 12:31 PM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#2 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39217 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:44 PM

A pity, but I would be up for a return to the Primeverse. Give me a movie about the Titan! 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#3 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1401 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:07 PM

I think the Kelvin universe was a great experiment, and gave us the 'beyond' film which I really enjoyed. But if nothing else we should be really thankful it gave Star Trek a shot up the arm again and re-ignited new series for us to happen.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#4 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46751 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:58 PM

It's disappointing, but both Hemsworth and Pine are bigger stars now then they were in '09, and it's irrational to expect them to have enough love of the Trek brand to take a pay hit and thus devalue themselves going forward.

I say at least get John Cho aboard to do a Kelvinverse Captain Sulu film.

#5 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:20 PM

My theory: James Cameron has been playing an elaborate 4D chess game to ensure that Zoe Saldana will have no choice but to make Avatar sequels for the rest of her life.

#6 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10704 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:26 PM

The horror... I mean they may only get paid a few times what an ordinary person works for 15-20 years to earn instead of 10-20x.  :rolleyes

Don't get me wrong; both seem like nice enough guys... especially Hemsworth. But really, celebrity salary disputes and worries over devaluing themselves doesn't make the list of things I'll ever give two shits about, to be completely honest.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 11 August 2018 - 11:27 PM.

#7 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34529 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:13 AM

Hemsworth?  Time travel?

#8 tec

tec

Fired up

• Supporter
  • 31644 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:59 AM

There going back and doing Best Destiny :D

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#9 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46751 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

The horror... I mean they may only get paid a few times what an ordinary person works for 15-20 years to earn instead of 10-20x.  :rolleyes

Don't get me wrong; both seem like nice enough guys... especially Hemsworth. But really, celebrity salary disputes and worries over devaluing themselves doesn't make the list of things I'll ever give two shits about, to be completely honest.

I don't disagree in the slightest, but that's the world in which they live. And in that world, Trek is a shlocky property that has a rabid fanbase that has had multiple documentaries devoted to it in which former cast members showcase some of the strangest things they've ever been given.

I'm enough of a realist to comprehend in today's social media world, that's just asking for trouble.

#10 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10704 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

I mean, they'll either do the film or they won't. No harm either way... three films is a good run for any series, and oftentimes 3 seems to be just enough before it all turns to crap.

Personally, if I had either of their net worths and was a professional actor, I'd only be doing roles because I enjoyed them and the characters were fun to play. Not for the paycheque. I don't think they need to worry about the Abramsverse Trek films ruining their careers, though; that isn't the old nerdy Trek. Plus Chris Hemsworth's status has been solidified by the MCU forevermore.

#11 Ironbite

Ironbite

I summon me in attack position

• Supporter
  • 28320 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:44 PM

Yeah sorry Paramount.  Pine and Helmsworth basically said goodbye to you long ago.

Ironbite-especially Helmsworth.

xC9l3eY.gif

#12 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46751 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:02 PM

Personally, if I had either of their net worths and was a professional actor, I'd only be doing roles because I enjoyed them and the characters were fun to play. Not for the paycheque.

Again, I agree. But also again, there's no indication either of them have much love for the Trek brand.

It's a dang shame, because I really did love Pine's Kirk.

#13 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10704 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Well, Hemsworth was in Trek for all of 5 minutes. I'm kind of shocked he was; I had to go back and check. Personally, I see no reason why he'd want to return, either.

As far as Pine goes, I liked his Kirk (not as much as I liked Urban's McCoy), but if he didn't enjoy the role or doesn't feel as if coming back and working with that cast again would be enjoyable enough for it to be worth taking a "lesser" salary, that's his call. If he doesn't return, though, I don't think they should try to continue without him.

#14 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1482 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:30 AM

They could always borrow from the Prime universe and have a new actor step in as Decker to take over the Enterprise, like what was supposed to happen in what became the first movie.

#15 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 8820 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:31 AM

Stick a fork in the Kelvinverse already. It's run its course.

#16 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39217 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:22 AM

I agree that Urban as McCoy was amazing and Quinto did a great job as Spock, so I will definitely miss them as the characters. The others, not so much.

They could always borrow from the Prime universe and have a new actor step in as Decker to take over the Enterprise, like what was supposed to happen in what became the first movie.

That would be a neat idea, bu who would be a good actor for the role? 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#17 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17115 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

It's only frustrating because if these movies end, what happens to this continuity? It sits here and gets ignored? They should try to at least make some kind of fourth film to do something cool and wrap it up.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#18 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 3151 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

It's only frustrating because if these movies end, what happens to this continuity? It sits here and gets ignored? They should try to at least make some kind of fourth film to do something cool and wrap it up.

This one apparently does plan to have time travel and Kirk's father, so maybe the Enterprise goes back in time, stops the Narada early, and erases their own splinter timeline.

#19 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12740 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:05 PM

I know *I'm* happy to sit here and ignore the Kelvinverse.

(ESPECIALLY if they're letting Tarantino near it).

#20 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17115 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:26 PM

I mean I'm looking forward to Quentin's take because it'll be something we haven't gotten before.
Http://www.scatterville.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users