Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

Photo

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Everyone is Here! ( Except Waluigi)

521 replies to this topic

#501 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8738 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:07 PM

I'm not trying to kick a can of worms back over, but I worry Chun-Li may run afoul of those bizarre censorship standards I mentioned earlier, the one's that kept Mai out of being even a background character model.  Otherwise, yes, I would like to see her added, but then again, I'm a Capcom Fighting game fanboy so pretty much any character they add from there, I'll be happy.

And yet Chun-Li was allowed to be a Spirit in both her SFII and SFA incarnations.

Honest question, since I'm that fanboy who is here but doesn't own the game yet.

Do the Spirits include 3D character models, or just 2D sprites?  If it is the former, then yeah, I've got nothing to worry about.  If it is the latter, the - and let me stress they are bizarre - censorship standards may still be a concern.

With what CERO seemed to deem offensive, a hypothetical Chun-Li would make it in just fine: her outfit doesn't expose any panties, nor does she herself have any cleavage.  Mai, conversely, is dressed no different than Kasumi from Dead or Alive.

Notably, there are Spirits who had any visible cleavage altered or artwork chosen to obscure it, and even in Smash Wii U Japan had a different trophy model for Wonder Pink (as the original trophy exposed too much under her skirt for CERO's taste.  Additionally, Japan's Palutena for Smash Wii U has an altered hemline on her dress.

Yes, CERO's censorship is draconic, but Chun-Li in this scenario would survive it.  It then comes down to Capcom/Nintendo/Sakurai would want her in.

#502 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3672 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:47 AM

This Friday, an event begins where Cuphead characters will appear on the Spirit Board.  

#503 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2796 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:49 PM

Weird question... does anyone wish there were more kinds of Mii Fighter?  I'm guessing probably not, but I see the crazy character classes in Miitopia, and wonderful surprises like Sans slipping into Smash Bros. Ultimate as a Mii Gunner costume, and I wonder if having even a few more Mii Fighters, based on some of the Miitopia classes, would have been... fun?

The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#504 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3672 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:07 PM

Weird question... does anyone wish there were more kinds of Mii Fighter?  I'm guessing probably not, but I see the crazy character classes in Miitopia, and wonderful surprises like Sans slipping into Smash Bros. Ultimate as a Mii Gunner costume, and I wonder if having even a few more Mii Fighters, based on some of the Miitopia classes, would have been... fun?

Would be fun.  Then again, when it comes to Mii Fighters, I would love to see other classes other than the three we got, like a Mii Magician, who can use magic, or even a Mii Wrestler, who uses some grapple attacks as his special moves.

#505 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2796 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

Would be fun.  Then again, when it comes to Mii Fighters, I would love to see other classes other than the three we got, like a Mii Magician, who can use magic, or even a Mii Wrestler, who uses some grapple attacks as his special moves.

If you'll further indulge me, then, I may as well post the Character Classes from Miitopia... which I use as a reference since it was a simple JRPG from Nintendo, for the 3DS.  The Character Classes from that game are

• Cat
  • Chef
  • Cleric
  • Elf
  • Flower
  • Imp
  • Mage
  • Pop Star
  • Princess
  • Scientist
  • Tank
  • Thief
  • Vampire
  • Warrior

I was going to try explaining each of them, but for a kind of "My-First-JRPG", there's a decent amount of substance to each.  To the point something I assumed was redundant - Warrior - might still be interesting just to provide an alternate move set for a sword-focused character.  Which means they really all could have interesting (maybe even good) move sets, and not just be vehicles for playing as characters that aren't going to make the roster properly. XP  I will mention that "Tank" is talking about characters that are part tank (as in, the military vehicle), as opposed to role often assumed in various games.

So... yeah, quite a few fan favorites and/or iconic gaming characters one could slip into Smash Bros. Ultimate via Mii Fighters if these classes were added.  Of course, since I just slapped 14 hypothetical new Mii Fighter classes down, they should open up a lot of possibilities. XP  Almost as obvious is one could still just use the existing Mii Brawler, Mii Gunner, and Mii Swordsman options for a lot of characters.

Edited by Otaku, 25 February 2020 - 01:42 PM.

The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#506 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3672 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:58 PM

Okay, for those who are spirit completionists, there is a new event where black-colored spirits are going to be on more often, with one exception:  a new spirit is joining them:  Lotus, from Warframe.

#507 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11201 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:26 PM

And yet we still don't have a digimon....

#508 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9496 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

It would be great to see Agumon against Pikachu. The only thing I think that would hold it from happening would probably Nintendo and the Pokémon company not wanting to share a game with Digimon. But if Im wrong Ill gladly be wrong.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#509 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6829 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:12 PM

It would be great to see Agumon against Pikachu. The only thing I think that would hold it from happening would probably Nintendo and the Pokémon company not wanting to share a game with Digimon. But if Im wrong Ill gladly be wrong.

I feel like it's also possible they don't consider it a "gaming" franchise, since it's inception was a "virtual pet" .
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#510 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11201 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

I would accept a simple Digimon spirit.

#511 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3672 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:44 PM

I feel like it's also possible they don't consider it a "gaming" franchise, since it's inception was a "virtual pet" .

That could be true, since it was originally made as Tomogatchi for boys.

#512 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3672 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:02 PM

Okay, a bit of an update:  three new spirits will be added for an event this weekend, and they're all based on Ring Fit Adventure.

#513 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3672 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:48 PM

#514 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6063 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:04 AM

Neat! I wouldnt mind a Boswer Jr situation, or a Mii Fighter one, where we either get appropriate skins instead of alt colors, or the ability to change the specials.

#515 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3672 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:14 AM

For those who like to be spirit completionists:  a new event is happening, adding four more spirits that are characters from Animal Crossing:  New Horizons.

#516 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3672 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:49 AM

New event going on offering three new spirits taken from Trials of Mana.

#517 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1849 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:18 AM

With all the extra time at home, I've finally been chipping away at all the challenges. And now I've finally hit a grim milestone.

Smash Challenges.jpg

I have to start playing online.  :doh

The challenges sure were a lot easier this time around. None of them were a particularly big hangup the way some have been in previous games. It's been pretty standard for me to slowly chip away at Smash challenges for several years after each game's release. I think Melee took the better part of a decade. I only finally got my last sticker in Brawl a year or two ago. Also finished the 3DS challenges around the same time. Still haven't finished all the Wii U challenges. A few of those were absolutely brutal. Thus far, I've never used any hammers. And the ones that would have strongly tempted me to do so are the ones where they can't be used.

Aside from some fighter spirits and a few consumed/enhanced spirits I'l have to replace during my WoL NG+, it looks like I'm only missing a few event spirits released after 7.0.0. I'm assuming those will get added to the spirit board once the ARMS fighter is added.

#518 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6063 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:08 PM

The ARMS fighter will be revealed tomorrow, and possibly released right after.

#519 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8738 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:20 AM

Nah, not right after as Nintendo/Smash always gives warning "back up your replays, the update will mess em up".

#520 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9496 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:38 AM

So our Arms character is Min Min! Was more for Twintelle but Min Min is a fun choice. But she and the rest of the next round of Mii Fighter costumes ( Ninjalla, Callie, Marie, Heihachi, and Vault Boy) release next week on the 29th.

Also Joker and Hero Amiibo were shown off slated for fall.

Edited by Daith, 22 June 2020 - 09:43 AM.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users