Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

Photo

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Everyone is Here! ( Except Waluigi)

437 replies to this topic

#401 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9115 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

75 cents each seems reasonable actually.

#402 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4586 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

I think it's more jarring coming from Nintendo, but I think the pricing is "fair" relative to competitive products.  I think the Fighter's Pass is definitely showing its value in that you'll save on the Mii Costume junk.  But I'm also not sure how much that's going to present as value to some.

I think the online sharing and user creation stuff is FAR more interesting that the costume stuff in and of themselves.

#403 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11042 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

As someone who buys most of my games digitally, the price is very nice as you can pick them up "Free" pretty easily. So I have no complaints about the Mii costume prices.

#404 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7945 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

Yeah Mii costume prices are totally reasonable. Although some seem to be just heat parts while others are full on outfits and hair.

Edited by Confuzor, 17 April 2019 - 03:30 PM.

#405 Lancer

Lancer

I don't care

• Citizen
  • 24781 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:39 PM

I've come around to being okay with

Spoiler

Honestly, after some thinking, I don't think there's any potential characters with an actual chance of getting in I'd be genuinely upset about. Aside from, like, the Rabbids.

And hey, Joker's from a company that has a virulent LGBT-phobe writing their biggest series and has a lolicon hentai artist do the art for one of their other series, so

Spoiler

Edited by Lancer, 21 April 2019 - 05:50 PM.

#406 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2482 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:37 PM

HO-LEE SHIZZNAKS! I just had the most AMAZING victory.

So I'm playing online quickbattles, and I've been doing rematches in this room that's been having constantly 4 players join (my favorite type of match) And the whole time I've been in this series of matches this player that was using gannondorf has been cleaning up, it was victory after victory with him. Anyways It's me (as mii Fighter) Gannondorf, Wario and Young Link in a match. Somehow I manage to last till it was down to me and gannondorf each left with one stock left each. I'm trying to get the upperhand by jumpin around but gannondorf always is one step ahead of me. Finally I get launched pretty far off the platform and ganondorrf leaps off after me (it should be noted that I have zero off platform skills) 

I see ganondorf...

I see the edge...

I hesitate and in that moment I miss my chance to reach the edge of the platform. 

At this point, it's over, I'm sinking, Gannondorf is sinking too but above me so I'll be the one going out of bounds first.

It's over, I've lost...

BUT THEN! practically out of instinct or desperation, I use my up special and catch gannondorf in an upward kick. this was enough to launch him in a smash attack and he goes flying upwards and hits the underside of the Platform... then BAM he slingshots at full speed in the opposite direction and goes out of bounds a split second before I would have and I won the match!

#407 KidTDragon

KidTDragon

Unmotivated Webcomicker

• Supporter
  • 2183 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:53 PM

Dang! Did you get video?

Almost Comics!
When you're done laughing, visit the store!

#408 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2482 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

I forgot that you could save replays. When a friend of mine told me all I had to do was press the Y button my heart sank. It's been eating at me everyday because I'll probably never do something as cool as that ever again lol.

#409 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24795 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

I just tried the VR. It takes a heck of a resolution hit. But still, it was pretty impressive being able to see far past the ends of where the screen usually ended. There was jut so much to look at that I really just kinda let the CPU do its fighting while I looked at everything. I'm not sure it's a mode I'll use too often, but it's fun to mess around with it if you have the VR Goggles already (as in, don't get them just for this one game). Just, do yourself a favor and don't do a stage where they fighting platforms fly throughout the stage (like Skyloft). I got dizzy, even kinda nauseous.
PSN = Caldwin Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#410 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2622 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:32 PM

...so yeah, how about those new character reveals? @[email protected]

The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#411 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11042 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Sucked.. Didn't like them.. Terrible character choices. 

J/K :D

#412 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9117 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:40 PM

Don't care about DQ at all, but it's fitting since it's one of the most enduring series since the NES. Banjo-Kazooie hits the spot, but I have a lot of nostalgia for that game and I'm disappointed the reveal didn't include ports to non Xbox consoles.

I admit I'm confused why they didn't use the DQ1 hero, though.

Edited by Creedence, 11 June 2019 - 12:48 PM.

#413 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11042 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

DQXI is the newest and it looks like 1 is an alt costume.

#414 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9117 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

1 is only there for the Final Smash with the other Heroes that aren't playable. The playable ones are 3, 4, 8, and 11.

#415 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1693 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

It showed III, IV, VIII, and XI as the playable costumes. All the rest appear to be used in the final smash.

I completely get III, VIII, and XI. III's hero is the legendary hero Erdrick of the first three games, so he's a good choice to represent them. VIII was a huge success that gave the series new life outside Japan, so he's an obvious choice. And XI is the latest game that's getting a Switch release this year.

The one that I'm maybe a little surprised by is IV. I don't have any objections to him, but I'm curious why they picked him over I or one of the SNES heroes. Maybe it would be obvious if I'd ever gotten around to playing the Zenithian trilogy. I'll get to them some day...

#416 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2687 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:19 PM

Banjo Kazooie, cool!
Kinda wish it meant a Virtual Console release too, since i've only ever played the sequel.

#417 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

Personally, I'm a little surprised DQ V didn't get picked instead of IV...but it does give the fighters a little more variety, since otherwise they would all look kinda samey.  IV's green hair and crown breaks things up a little.

#418 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19677 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:33 AM

Nice to see that K. Rool and Donkey Kong share a similar relationship with Mario and Bowser when not on the clock. 

xOyvpt9.png

#419 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39016 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:36 AM

So yeah, Nintendo was apparently aiming their E3 Direct, directly at me. I will buy this game, the DQ DLC, and a Switch to play it on just for these guys! I am super stoked for them to come out on the game and I am really hopeful that all four will get an Amiibo!

And why they choose DQIV's hero is easy, It is an extremely popular game and the first of the Zenithian Trilogy.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#420 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1693 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:10 AM

And why they choose DQIV's hero is easy, It is an extremely popular game and the first of the Zenithian Trilogy.

Yeah, I was aware it's the first game of the Zenithian trilogy, but I guess I'd never seen anything to indicate it was any more popular or better received than any of the others. E.g., reviews on Metacritic seem to show it about on par with VI and less well received than V. Sales figures shown here don't show it being out of line for that era of the series.

Of course, neither of those are really indicative of how the fan base will view them. And as much as I've enjoyed the games, I've never been much of a participant within the DQ fandom. I think I've posted at woodus a few times, but that's been about it. I'm guessing you mean within the fandom that it's particularly popular?

I'm curious, do you know if the Japanese fandom also regards it so highly? If I ever had noticed IV being singled out among the Zenithian trilogy, I probably would have attributed it to the fact that it's the only one that was released in English during its original run. The fact that V and VI were so hard to find when the DS versions were translated didn't help either, I'm sure. I know I had to hunt for them for a while to find them once I learned they'd been released.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users