Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo

Lost Light #22 Discussion - SPOILERS for early release!

lost light idw

115 replies to this topic

#101 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9734 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

I do hope the Lost Light crew have some presence in the Unicron book eventually, because IDW has really botched their finale if fifty percent of their current cast don't show up. 

I am in agreement.
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#102 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2679 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, I do hope they are addressed in Unicron, even if it's just a panel of "And the Lost Light came home and everyone was happy." at the end.

#103 Broadside

Broadside

SHARK PET DOG! SHARK PET DOG!

• Staff
  • 10987 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:29 PM

If we don't get this exchange between Bee and Rodimus we've been robbed.
ra48sqF.png

3nAcIwa.png

#104 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2679 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, Rodimus and Bumblebee haven't gotten a chance to talk since the break-up, huh?

#105 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7159 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:53 PM

Like, I get that Roberts is doing his own thing and I don't want his finale to be trashed by an editorial mandate to get on board the Unicron train. And who knows, at the end of LL maybe everyone in that book is dead. 

But it will just be really sad if Rodimus and co. don't get to come over and play with Optimus before the end. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#106 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9605 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:32 AM

Yeah, my hope would would be just a "what'd we miss?" bit at the end. I really want Barber to get the self-contained ending to his mytharc that he deserves.

I still feel pretty confident in predicting an "everybody lives together on Earth, which becomes a prosperous hi-tech utopia" ending. Feels like it would be a far more fitting ending to Barber's story than anything that involves Cybertron being restored.

#107 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6275 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:06 AM

Unicron issue 4:

Soundwave uses the enigma of combination to merge the Decepticons into the Deceptigod and inadvertently awakens D void through it, D void is actually the brain centre of Unicron who lays waste to Cybertron. Then Primus appears.

Unicron issue 5:

Primus appearance inspires the transformers to fight harder, Optimus, Windblade and Bumblebee teleport to Primus, Ultra Magnus explains and Optimus reveals he's read Blasters reports ("I haven't been dormant in the background y'know!). Brainstorm and Perceptor build the matrix cannon on Primus chest. Rodimus and the guiding hand merged with Vector Sigma to complete him ("till all are one") and though valiant, he's nearly defeated.

Unicron issue 6

The Matrix Cannon is fired obliterating Unicron, his essense is within the Deceptigod laying waste to New Iacon. team Optimus with Magnus, Cyclonus and Whirl head there to finish it.

We never see how it ends only years later there's peace on functionist cybertron, Earth and still a decepticon presence led by the relapsed maniacal  Megatron.

Edited by Whirl Maximus, 14 August 2018 - 02:07 AM.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#108 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1687 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

I wouldn't expect the whole Lost Light crew to be killed off, but I could see them possibly getting trapped in the Functionist Universe. That would definitely keep them out of the Unicron story, as the main cast would probably all be presumed dead after the DJD encounter. I guess the rest of the LL crew would just be MIA, unless it's only the main cast that ends up exiled. Otherwise, just arriving after the story's mostly concluded seems like the likely outcome.

I do think it's interesting to see how much Megatron has changed during his time in the Functionist Universe. During his time on the Lost Light, he was always serious, morose, easily irritated, and liable to fly into a rage if provoked enough (e.g. when Ravage died). But now, not only is he happy to see his comrades again, he's downright joyous in all his interactions. I loved his quick chat with the Scavengers.

Most shocking of all is that this is apparently what he's like AFTER everyone he cared about has apparently been killed (or otherwise taken out of the picture) by the Functionist Council. The old Megatron wouldn't have been able to take all that. This is almost like a whole new guy. Compared to that sort of change, his following his earlier comment and becoming a doctor doesn't even seem like that big a deal.

Side note though, I'm never going to be able to look at Animated Megatron the same again. Doctor Megatron, healing things to death with his fusion toolkit.

#109 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 22459 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:57 AM

How will this tie into the main Unicron story?

It won't.

Damn.  I was hoping to see this Primus go against Unicron.

I guess I don't see it working out because I don't think there's any brute-forcing Unicron away. You can't just have Primus punch him in the face.

And not only because he'd actually be tiny now compared to Unicron. x )

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#110 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25264 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:03 AM

.. dammit now I want to change careers and become a writer and story lead or whatever and make a deep convoluted Transformers mythos and filled with bizarre religious-political maneuvering and Shockwave does like five loops through the time stream just so at the big finale I can turn Cybertron into Primus and have him voiced by Jon St.John and have him kick Unicron in the nards to save the universe
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#111 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8530 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:04 PM

Loved the reveals. Except Tyrest. Bleh.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#112 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 900 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:00 PM

"...That's Primus."

Issue 23, panel 1:

"...Sitting next to Rung. Riptide. Riptide is Primus."

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#113 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5239 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:47 AM

But even if Rung contains the Primus spark, or something, what does he turn into!

A sprocket to turn the well of all sparks back on. Like a tap (not really joking).

I could see that but it was most likely Rung who ignited the sparks on Luna 1 and not Hot Rod, so I don't know why he'd need to transform.

But even if Rung contains the Primus spark, or something, what does he turn into!

Real Key to Vector Sigma?

That I can definitely believe if we weren't already told the council combined into it, although it would be hilarious to learn that they turned into ornaments and managed to lie their way up to the top.

-Edit- Rereading the Functionist Universe issues, I forgot they do turn into useless ornaments without even one member. :D

Any speculation on why The Magnificence is naming Rodimus, Rung, Ratchet and Tailgate? I can understand Rodimus and Rung with the end of this issue but the other two stump me, although I saw it speculated that when Tailgate was buried under Necroworld he somehow absorbed Mortilus spark or however Adaptus is wearing Pharma's body, can't say I like it but I can imagine it as something Roberts would do.

Also I'm just noticing that Rung and Censere seem to share similarity's in their body designs, particularly the first time we see the Necrobot in MtMtE #8, round shoulders, thin arms, round torso with a lens presumably over the spark.

Edited by Fenix Twilight, 20 August 2018 - 03:29 AM.

#114 Salt-Man Z

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie

• Citizen
  • 7640 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

it was most likely Rung who ignited the sparks on Luna 1 and not Hot Rod

I love this bit. When I first heard it, I went back and checked those two panels, and Rung is just conspicuously right there.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#115 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2315 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:35 PM

Okay, this is probably my last chance, I've got theories about Rung.

We know he produces photonic crystals, which seem to have no function but to contain spark energy. This isn't the purpose of his alt mode, since he could produce them even in robot mode. He also might have played a role in activating the Luna 1 hot spot.

So. If he's Primus, and Primus can create sparks, the creation of photonic crystals is just a part of that. I joked a while back that he was basically a Bedazzler, a device for applying crystals, but that could literally be the case. He turns into an applicator to install living spark-bearing crystals into bodies. The other members of the Guiding Hand are the first (and maybe the only) bots he created in this fashion, which is where the legend of one into five came from.

The crystals he created lately were just normal, 'dead' crystals without any spark energy. He's clearly worried about what his alt mode could be used for, maybe he gave up the ability to create sparks willingly, probably in the creation of Vector Sigma, which in the legend was what became of Primus. The Functionist Council was plotting the creation of an army, perhaps he thought it was too much power for anyone to control and preferred the semi-random nature of Vector Sigma.

Back to Luna 1. The hot spot activated when both Rodimus and Rung stepped on the surface, one of them isn't a red herring, it really took both of them. When the Matrix was used to create sparks it was a complex procedure, it didn't just spontaneously make hot spots. It took the spark energy of the Matrix combined with Rung's ability to generate sparks.

#116 MidnightFox

MidnightFox

Lunar Rabbit

• Citizen
  • 1372 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

I'd buy that last bit if Roberts wasn't so fond of planting red herrings.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users