Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  JRSBill : (03 June 2020 - 01:06 PM)

bain

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

Photo

Lost Light #22 Discussion - SPOILERS for early release!

lost light idw

115 replies to this topic

#41 unitremover

unitremover
  • Retired Staff
  • 1537 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:59 AM

Putting Megatron up on a pedestal was annoying but otherwise I just don't have it in me anymore. It was fine. This whole book is fine. Everything is fine. It's all on fire anyways, but it's fine. hug it, man, who cares. Adaptus just picked some random psycho doctor to possess and now he's him because why leave a plot thread hanging no matter how stupid your way of tying it off is. Burn it all down, Hell on the Earth Forever.

#42 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

I honestly quite like the "gods walk among us" thing in concept, and I think it works nicely with the Necrobot and the Magnificence. The scary death god becoming a kindly old man who helps people on their way to the afterlife and maintains a memorial garden is really sweet.

Tyrest being Solomus feels like more of a stretch, as if Roberts sat down with flashcards of MTMTE-original characters and Guiding Hand members and was running out of pairs to match up. And then Rung being Primus just feels kind of silly, IMO.

Edited by Jalaguy, 08 August 2018 - 03:46 AM.

#43 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9753 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

I wonder if the Lost Light crew will be able to stop the giant planet robot from destroying the universe in time to go help everyone else stop the other giant planet robot from destroying the universe.

Edited by Kil, 08 August 2018 - 08:17 AM.

#44 Tailgreat

Tailgreat
  • Citizen
  • 336 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

Issue was fine except for it being a giant ode to Megatron-sama.

#45 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 649 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:20 AM

Im really glad Megatron and drift finally had something of a chat. Also Megatron being a doctor now is a nice nod back to Dark cybertron where he told ratchet that hed always wanted to be one. (Also, Verity, Ratchet wasnt there when Velocity and then Megatron were attending too drift, he was still on the worldsweeper).

I think I like the Guiding Hand twist though Tyrest definitely seems like a stretch. Also, since its heavily implied that Adaptus is also somebody we recognize who is going to go back in time Im a little wary of the fact that were going to get a big who is the Grand Architect? Reveal three issues in a row... though my money is on it being a random member of the Infinite who goes all the way back in time to become Adaptus.

Also its funny to me that with the whole nobody ever transforms in MTMTE criticism the main antagonist of the series ended up being the guy who invented transforming.

Check out howtohero.tumblr.com where I discuss the finer points of superhero life. 

#46 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9753 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:32 AM

Also, since its heavily implied that Adaptus is also somebody we recognize who is going to go back in time Im a little wary of the fact that were going to get a big who is the Grand Architect?

I'm confused, what implies this?

#47 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

Adaptus says that soon his past self is going to travel back in time through the warren.

Adaptu: The old me is down there as we speak trying to grasp the enormity of what hes witnessing any second now hell turn and run. Back into the warren. Back to the past

Check out howtohero.tumblr.com where I discuss the finer points of superhero life. 

#48 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9753 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

Right but wouldn't "back to the past" mean he came forward from the past and is about to return to his own time, not that he's someone from the present?

Edited by Kil, 08 August 2018 - 09:43 AM.

#49 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:46 AM

Yeah, both this issue and the last suggest that Adaptus's past self travelled into his relative future to witness these events. I think it's very possible his original post-god identity might still be someone we recognise - who's not been seen for a few million years? - but I don't think he can be any of the present-day characters.

Edited by Jalaguy, 08 August 2018 - 09:47 AM.

#50 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27203 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:52 AM

Also its funny to me that with the whole nobody ever transforms in MTMTE criticism the main antagonist of the series ended up being the guy who invented transforming.

Between this and Sunder attacking people by forcing them to transform, I wonder if it's Roberts intentionally goofing on the idea.

#51 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

^Not to mention Pharmas death-by-transformation virus and Tarns addiction to transforming though those are probably way too early for him to be responding to the criticism.

#52 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9753 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:06 AM

Yeah, both this issue and the last suggest that Adaptus's past self travelled into his relative future to witness these events. I think it's very possible his original post-god identity might still be someone we recognise - who's not been seen for a few million years? - but I don't think he can be any of the present-day characters.

Checked the last issue: 

"It wasn't a vision Scorponok, I didn't sense the future -- I visited it. Millions of years ago, the Warren deposited me here, where I bore fleeting witness to the events that are about to unfold"

So, no, he is not one of the present day characters about to go back in time. He's Adaptus, who was briefly shunted into the present by the Warren, saw what's currently happening, and then traveled back to his own time and began to prepare (to confront and repel).  

#53 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12503 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

Checked the last issue: 

"It wasn't a vision Scorponok, I didn't sense the future -- I visited it. Millions of years ago, the Warren deposited me here, where I bore fleeting witness to the events that are about to unfold"

So, no, he is not one of the present day characters about to go back in time. He's Adaptus, who was briefly shunted into the present by the Warren, saw what's currently happening, and then traveled back to his own time and began to prepare (to confront and repel).  

The warren deposited the present day characters there too. "Millions of years ago" can be from his perspective. So if, say, Ratchet is Adaptus then he can be shunted back five million years in a few issues and remember his identity and start preparing and building the copies of Cybertron for a good old long time.

Edited by The Phazer, 08 August 2018 - 10:31 AM.

#54 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:38 AM

Checked the last issue: 

Oh whoops never mind!

#55 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9753 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:38 AM

Of course millions of years ago is from his perspective.

Millions of years ago, Adaptus went through the Warren. He emerged in the present day, but only stayed long enough to bare "fleeting witness" to the events currently unfolding. He then fled back into the Warren, going back to his own time. Once there, he becomes the Grand Architect, spending millions of years unfolding his schemes in preparation for this day. 

Nothing about this requires, or suggests in any way, that he is a member of our present-day cast.

Edited by Kil, 08 August 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#56 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:16 AM

None of the present-day main cast can be Adaptus, because they all saw "Primus" emerge from the portal and Adaptus's plan only existed because he didn't know about that.

He could be some other existing character, though. It'd be weird if he was the one member of the Hand who didn't take on a new identity after the end of their era. Unless, I guess, he's been wearing Pharma for the full twelve million years or so.

Edited by Jalaguy, 08 August 2018 - 11:18 AM.

#57 General Tekno

General Tekno

BRUNT; F.C.A.!

• Citizen
  • 2037 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:30 AM

None of the present-day main cast can be Adaptus, because they all saw "Primus" emerge from the portal and Adaptus's plan only existed because he didn't know about that.

He could be some other existing character, though. It'd be weird if he was the one member of the Hand who didn't take on a new identity after the end of their era. Unless, I guess, he's been wearing Pharma for the full twelve million years or so.

Well, he kinda DID take on a new identity - the Grand Architect persona. Unlike the others he had a specific driving aim after his era ended, too.

• Kil likes this

banner_2015.png

BT Toons - updates Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Blog | Youtube | Twitter | DeviantArt | Tumblr

#58 Prime Radiant

Prime Radiant

TFWiki: Flawlessvoid.

• Citizen
  • 215 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

Information creep as a plot device. I like the idea more than the execution, but I still enjoyed the reveals anyway. 

Believing I had not miscalculated was the first miscalculation.

#59 Anguirus

Anguirus
  • Citizen
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:44 PM

all these guys have laser-guided amnesia as the plot demands

if there isn't at least one more ripple to TGA's identity it will SOLELY be because JRo ran out of time  :doh

My Transformers movie reviews: http://deadshirt.net/tag/guns-drugs-energon/

#60 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3015 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users