Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Waspinator : (11 December 2018 - 07:21 PM)

Preferably the equivalent of Lara Croft or Indiana Jones a thousand years from now

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 December 2018 - 02:26 PM)

The turkeys... The answer is always the Turkeys.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 December 2018 - 02:05 PM)

Who would be the heroes in this situation?

@  Waspinator : (11 December 2018 - 02:03 PM)

When I die, I want my body to be part of a puzzle solution. Like, have my skeleton pointing at the clue the heroes are supposed to find.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (11 December 2018 - 12:38 PM)

Can you say where you work at? Or is that private?

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:49 PM)

It's completely pointless... whch is exactly the point. Hundreds of workers showing up 50 minutes before their shift is over.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:49 PM)

We're on strike until midnight tomorrow (Tuesday->Wednesday). Which means I will clock in at midnight and work until my shift is over... 50 minutes later.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:48 PM)

Hahaha, awesome.

@  Cybersnark : (09 December 2018 - 09:36 PM)

But The Pillows prefer to kill you with Poison Rock'N'Roll

@  Rodimus Supreme : (09 December 2018 - 10:23 AM)

Pillows can kill you softly.

@  Pennpenn : (09 December 2018 - 07:26 AM)

His song.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 December 2018 - 05:34 AM)

But is anything killing you softly?

@  Pennpenn : (09 December 2018 - 03:03 AM)

Oh don't be ridiculous. Some things are killing us quickly!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (08 December 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Isn't everything just killing us all slowly?...

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2018 - 09:23 PM)

Except the planet of junk actually fosters life, as opposed to the garbage patch which is just killing us all slowly.

@  RichardT1977 : (08 December 2018 - 11:11 AM)

I realized the other day that the Planet of Junk/Junkion is the interstellar counterpart to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

@  unluckiness : (08 December 2018 - 08:56 AM)

awards are a joke to begin with. One for video games makes it twice so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 December 2018 - 03:21 AM)

Sorry, I had beans.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 11:50 PM)

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2018 - 10:33 PM)

Always hopeful yet discontent, he knows changes aren't permanent, but change is!

@  Pennpenn : (07 December 2018 - 07:16 PM)

Nonsense. Everything changes, the cycle is an illusion.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 07:03 PM)

Turning, turning, turning through the years. Minutes into hours, and the hours into years. Nothing changes, nothing ever can. Round about the roundabout. Round and round and back where you began!

@  Pennpenn : (07 December 2018 - 06:56 PM)

The change was you got something off your wishlist. Be happy about that if nothing else!

@  wonko the sane? : (07 December 2018 - 02:09 PM)

I finally got something off my steam wishlist! but managed to add another title immediately: so there was no change. Dang it.

@  Dekafox : (07 December 2018 - 01:46 PM)

They're the thieves everyone is talking about though!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 December 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Wrong Phantom thieves!

@  Dekafox : (07 December 2018 - 11:04 AM)

I thought they were just trying to take the Lupin Collection pieces

@  MEDdMI : (07 December 2018 - 09:25 AM)

damn you Phantom Thieves and your "Take Your heart wallet" motto!

@  MEDdMI : (07 December 2018 - 09:23 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw whaaaaa????? :o *sees trailer* AAAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

@  unluckiness : (07 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Great, Waspinator got exploded again.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 02:39 AM)

Taka, Tora, Batta: Ta-To-Ba! Tatoba, Ta-To-Ba!

@  unluckiness : (07 December 2018 - 12:08 AM)

cyclone

@  Waspinator : (06 December 2018 - 11:39 PM)

that is super weird

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 11:32 PM)

My brain broke!

Joker... From Persona 5... In Smash....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 10:25 PM)

That doesn't suprise me.. I'm more waiting for Rockstar to pull a Bethesda.

@  Steevy Maximus : (06 December 2018 - 09:46 PM)

Red Dead is running wild over the Game Awards. More than a few have been awarded where I don't feel they should have won.

@  Steevy Maximus : (06 December 2018 - 09:11 PM)

Marvel Ultimate Allience 3 Switch Exclusive for 2019!?

@  unluckiness : (06 December 2018 - 08:57 AM)

The red plastic holding it together kinda worries me. It's the gummi kind of clear plasstic andmoving it feels uncpomfortably close to tearing.

@  Shrug : (06 December 2018 - 08:17 AM)

Yeah, that happened to mine a few weeks ago. Common problem.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 08:05 AM)

Oh for cryin' out loud, the yellow part on the back hinge of my TR Weirdwolf broke. Bleh. At least the red is still there I guess.

@  unluckiness : (06 December 2018 - 04:59 AM)

Man, I still haven't gotten past Rock Tunnel.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 03:28 AM)

You know nothing.. NOTHING! Eevee is our lord and savior! He will give us the cuteness we need! ;) No seriously.. Both Pika and Eevee in the games are way OP and Eevee can learn elemental moves to replace evolving.

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2018 - 03:22 AM)

It's cute, what other point does it need?

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 03:17 AM)

I can get Pikachu not evolving, the species has had decades of not evolving. But Eevee without evolution seems... pointless?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Neither can Pikachu... And you don't need Eevee to evolve!

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Neither of them can evolve as starters.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 02:30 AM)

Also damn it my mouse wheel broke. What a pisser.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 02:30 AM)

It can't evolve.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 02:29 AM)

How dare you! You KNOW Eevee is the obvious choice!

@  wonko the sane? : (05 December 2018 - 05:48 PM)

Finished mine a few days ago, and just bought myself (I really shouldn't have, but did anyway.) let's go pikachu with the pokeball.

Photo

Lost Light #22 Discussion - SPOILERS for early release!

lost light idw

116 replies to this topic

#1 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10658 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:53 AM

This issue was released a week early through IDW's website, so discuss here! No spoilers for this issue outside of this thread, please.

unknown.png

#2 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22347 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:20 AM

Spoiler

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#3 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3585 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

What if God was one of us?
Just a psychiatrist on a bus?

Edited by Locoman, 02 August 2018 - 07:57 AM.

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#4 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10658 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:01 AM

unknown.png

#5 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 8312 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:02 AM

Uhhh, wow.

Assuming the Grand Architect isn't bullshitting everyone, the wiki sure is going to have a hell of a time managing these pages.

What a time to be alive.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#6 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22347 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

So if issue 25 is going to be an epilogue, that means Roberts has 2 issues to wrap this up. Yeah, this is gonna be rushed as hell.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#7 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5339 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

Nah. It'll be fine, the only major threat is a giant robot that they can't explode but has a convenient juicy middle filled with the 7 guys they need to kill to stop it. Easily do-able in a comic book, and frankly should be done as fast as possible since Roberts is better at character writing than at action.

This was a good issue precisely for that too. Very little bang bang, exposition that is actualy thrilling, good interaction between character's that hadn't spoken in a while. It was fun.

#8 General Tekno

General Tekno

BRUNT; F.C.A.!

• Citizen
  • 2028 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:46 AM

I'm wondering if they'll have to murder the Functionist denizens, given the Magnificence's seeming insistence that that'll happen.

Incidentally, there's got to be some further reason for the omniscience. A tie to the Warren maybe? As I'm suspecting the Warren is key to a lot of things involving the Guiding Hand.

banner_2015.png

BT Toons - updates Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Blog | Youtube | Twitter | DeviantArt | Tumblr

#9 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34819 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

This whole thing just... ruins Rung's character for me. Having a mysterious purpose for his alternate mode and origins is one thing, but having him be the most important character cosmologically is just... it's a bad idea for exactly the same reason Optimus actually being The Arisen is a bad idea.

Edited by Tyranno, 02 August 2018 - 12:34 PM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#10 General Tekno

General Tekno

BRUNT; F.C.A.!

• Citizen
  • 2028 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:43 PM

This whole thing just... ruins Rung's character for me. Having a mysterious purpose for his alternate mode and origins is one thing, but having him be the most important character cosmologically is just... it's a bad idea for exactly the same reason Optimus actually being The Arisen is a bad idea.

The difference though is that Rung up until now has been a VERY unimportant character in the history of the planet (as far as anyone knew) and kept to himself.

Optimus being the Arisen doesn't work because it removes the whole "lone bot rising up to defend against tyranny" narrative and replaces it with a "he was already special to begin with; he didn't earn his specialness but was already special." Rung on the other hand has none of the pre-established hero mythos to undo with a new revelation (and for that matter, it's actively been hinted at; there's enough clues in the annual/Remain in Light to hint at this but none of us put them together.)

banner_2015.png

#11 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3585 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

As I was saying on Discord, I think it's probably going to be more like a "Steven Universe/Pink Diamond" kind of deal, where they're not LITERALLY reincarnations of the characters, but they're carrying their... essences around, in some fashion?
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#12 General Tekno

General Tekno

BRUNT; F.C.A.!

• Citizen
  • 2028 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:57 PM

As I was saying on Discord, I think it's probably going to be more like a "Steven Universe/Pink Diamond" kind of deal, where they're not LITERALLY reincarnations of the characters, but they're carrying their... essences around, in some fashion?

I don't think they're reincarnations. I'm assuming they're still the same incarnations and probably even the same bodies. They took efforts to remove themselves from the planet's history though and given all the rises and falls it was pretty easily for their appearance to become mythologized and idealized into that befitting of gods.

REALLY curious as to the Matrix now, though, now that we know Solomus isn't it (not to mention that never made sense anyway given it's capable of producing sparks). If anything I'd assume Rung created it given it's one big photonic crystal.

Edited by General Tekno, 02 August 2018 - 12:58 PM.

banner_2015.png

#13 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3585 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Adaptus says that they don't remember who they are anymore, so, make of that what you will.

#14 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10658 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:11 PM

...So I'm kind of starting to think that yes, the Knights of Cybertron really were just Some Guys who died in space.
"You don't deserve to know", huh, Metroplex?

unknown.png

#15 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22347 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

It says a lot that James Roberts' self insert is the singular most important Cybertronian God.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#16 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9223 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

...So I'm kind of starting to think that yes, the Knights of Cybertron really were just Some Guys who died in space.

That actually works quite well if you look at it from an end-of-The-Dark-Knight "they deserve better than the truth" point of view?

#17 General Tekno

General Tekno

BRUNT; F.C.A.!

• Citizen
  • 2028 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:49 PM

That actually works quite well if you look at it from an end-of-The-Dark-Knight "they deserve better than the truth" point of view?

Was just thinking the same thing.

Also, I'm curious if the Militant Monoform Movement goes back far further than we thought as an organization, and removes their cogs not because they're anti-transforming but anti-Adaptus' agenda.

banner_2015.png

#18 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10658 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

See, I always imagined it might be "the Knights were terrible people and you're better off not knowing the truth", but I never considered it might be "the truth is just really, really boring".

unknown.png

#19 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22347 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

Another thing I'm really not fond of: Megatron becoming another James Roberts-Snarker™

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#20 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34819 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

This issue also had the biggest example of Megatron Is Perfect and Too Good For This World yet when he has medical skills that save Drift from death after Ratchet and Velocity, the former of which is a genius in his field, had given up.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users