Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

@  repowers : (11 June 2021 - 11:29 PM)

Bass XO has been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

@  Echowarrior : (11 June 2021 - 09:25 PM)

Do not taunt Bass XO.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM)

Please consult a technician before using Bass XO. Do not operate Bass XO while consuming alcohol.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Nine out of ten doctors recommend Bass XO. The last doctor is on my list.

@  Dekafox : (11 June 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Bass XO is available at these fine retailers.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 June 2021 - 02:01 AM)

Bass XO is not to be confused with Bay Sexo.

@  Fenix Twilight : (10 June 2021 - 08:38 PM)

It's good to be back, after that outage I think I'll try to post more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 June 2021 - 12:16 PM)

I think Hasbro Pulse is broken. Dang Star Wars nerds!

@  tigerhawk : (10 June 2021 - 04:46 AM)

When I googled 'space bridge' I was disappointed. Maybe in a hundred years.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 June 2021 - 04:05 PM)

Bass XO is backward compatible with the Sega Master System.

@  Donocropolis : (09 June 2021 - 05:37 AM)

Bass XO has 9" long, dagger-like teeth and a 12,000 lb. bite force

@  repowers : (08 June 2021 - 07:26 PM)

Bass XO doesn't feel pain. He can't be reasoned with!

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2021 - 02:57 PM)

Bass XO has no known weaknesses.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2021 - 06:15 AM)

Base XO is definitely unstoppable.

@  Donocropolis : (07 June 2021 - 04:30 PM)

What about magnets? No one knows how they work or what they can do.

@  Bass X0 : (07 June 2021 - 02:22 PM)

Yes Cybershark, and now no force in the universe can stop us.

@  Cybersnark : (07 June 2021 - 10:03 AM)

Aaaan we're back!

@  Telly : (06 June 2021 - 09:07 PM)

its alive! AAAALIIIIIIVEEEEEE! *maniacal laugh*

@  repowers : (06 June 2021 - 02:18 PM)

WHAT!!! ALLSPARK!!! you IN LIVE!!!!!!

@  Donocropolis : (06 June 2021 - 01:53 PM)

Indeed. I was missing it.

@  Shockwave 75 : (06 June 2021 - 11:35 AM)

So glad the boards are back!

@  Echowarrior : (06 June 2021 - 07:45 AM)

It's alive! Alive!

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2021 - 08:32 PM)

Aw man, I missed this place...

@  Sabrblade : (05 June 2021 - 08:31 PM)

Now here in Manhattan, the spell is broken! And we live again!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (05 June 2021 - 08:16 PM)

Groovy.

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 07:23 PM)

How is everyone

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 06:42 PM)

test

@  tigerhawk : (24 May 2021 - 07:42 AM)

I'm making progress with tweezers. It's no great loss given Dai Atlas minor roles anyway, I really do prefer this mold for Titans Overlord and Sky Shadow,

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2021 - 09:57 PM)

Had that happen once. Drilled a 1 mmhole in the peg and superglued a rivet into it for something to pull on.

@  tigerhawk : (22 May 2021 - 09:44 PM)

pliers, superglue, heat, nothing has worked so far but I had to take yesterday off due to pfizer side effects.

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2021 - 07:04 AM)

is there enough plastic sticking out to yank it out with pliers?

@  tigerhawk : (21 May 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Oh great my Legends Dai Atlas fell and the gun snapped in two, the handle is stuck in the port on top of the vehicle mode.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:14 AM)

Also, our compound terms are legendary among foreigners, because we throw them together as a single word, with no spaces and usually without hyphens too.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:12 AM)

You can have straightforward sentences that are a literal word-replace translation of stuff like "I go to school", but once you throw in perfect tense and prepositions, you end up with insane constructions where the main verb is at the very end of a very long sentence, so you have to listen to the whole sentence until you have any clue what is going on.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:10 AM)

And I stand by that. German sentence structure can be utterly insane.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:10 AM)

Fun fact: When I was teaching German kids English, I kept telling them that English grammar and especially sentence structure is more logical than German.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2021 - 01:17 AM)

e.g. Lion-Eating Poet in the Stone Den was by a Chinese guy pointing out the weirdness in his own language, rather than the frustrations of somebody learning Chinese as their second. So English isn't the only case where native speakers might enocunter funky issues.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 May 2021 - 01:17 AM)

Then I shall concede, and retire.

Photo
- - - - -

1986 The Transformers: The Movie returning to theaters 27 September 2018

97 replies to this topic

#1 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

X-Wing: Mercy Kill

• Retired Staff
  • 10201 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

Press release from Fathom Events, Hasbro, and Shout! Factory:

https://www.allspark...r-one-day-only/

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.

-the Jedi Code

#2 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1103 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

Is it a remaster of the original theatrical release, or just the cropped version that was on the Shoutfactory DVDs?

jBU1ixT.jpg

#3 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24999 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

Is it a remaster of the original theatrical release, or just the cropped version that was on the Shoutfactory DVDs?

Eh? According to TFWiki the theatrical widescreen version is the cropped one.

And Shout's website says their release included both widescreen and full frame versions.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 01 August 2018 - 01:53 PM.

#4 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52943 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:58 PM

What are you talking about, its broly the same thing.

card-strongarm.jpg

#5 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32539 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

It's not the old non-canon Broly movie from DBZ. It's a new one, canon to DB Super.

Edited by Sabrblade, 01 August 2018 - 02:02 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#6 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1103 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

Eh? According to TFWiki the theatrical widescreen version is the cropped one.

And Shout's website says their release included both widescreen and full frame versions.

I guess I'm one of those "some fans" and specifically thought those crop comparisons were only about the widescreen cut on the Shoutfactory release, and not about the theatrical version itself. And yes, I didn't say anything about Shout not having both versions.

jBU1ixT.jpg

#7 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32539 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

It's not the old non-canon Broly movie from DBZ. It's a new one, canon to DB Super.

Theaters are airing the old Broly movie in preparation for the new one, and in the same month as this Transformers movie airing too.

Well that seems redundant.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#8 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26259 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:47 PM

Hopefully, this will be followed by a home release of the 4k transfer on disc and digital.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#9 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21617 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

The day before my birthday? Im in!

ty3jHaa.jpg

#10 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1483 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:42 PM

Ah, the first movie that I can remember seeing in theaters. I am so going to be there.

Though hopefully it will be in a decent distribution of theaters. Sometimes the fathom event stuff does not have showings anywhere near me.
"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#11 NOIP

NOIP

A knockdown, dragout, rock and roll party in the streets.

• Citizen
  • 2387 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, whether I go or not will depend greatly on whether it shows within a reasonable driving distance. :)
While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#12 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9314 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:42 PM

If it were local, maybe, but I doubt with how far into the boonies I am that there's chance of that.  

#13 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2600 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

My theater in Clarksville is good about Fathom showings; most of what I wanted to see they shown (except the Encore showings of 'Star Trek II') so I'm confident it will be near me. 

now to wait until August 3rd to find out, then I can blast on facebook and start bugging people to go with me.

"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#14 Teufel

Teufel

They are dead, for they have no dreams

• Supporter
  • 6658 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:02 AM

Holy jive! I was born in '87 so I missed its very brief run, but I grew up watching TF:TM and never stopped loving it. The soundtrack is the first CD I ever bought and I have never play it in my cars because I'm pretty sure by the time Dare ended I'd be involved in a high speed chase on the highway.

So I've been wanting to see this in a theater since I was a kid. My brother and I once in a while rent a little indie theater for private screenings and this is on The List, which I figured that was the only way it was ever going to happen. Who knew the Bayformers would be good for something other than drink coasters? Maybe Bay can take a crack at GI Joe so I can get to see Sgt. Slaughter kick Nemesis Enforcer's ass all over the big screen.

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go check and see if Gal Gadot is waiting in my driveway with a briefcase full of money, because apparently sometimes dreams do come true.

#15 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 6690 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:22 AM

Terrible movie.

Those poor little tykes who wanted to see the characters from that silly cartoon in a film adventure were lured into a movie theatre where their Favorites like Optimus Prime, Ironhide and Starscream were slaughtered ruthlessly in the first twenty minutes. All because those nasty venom spewing writers and producers could work with Hollywood names like Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Orson Wells, Robert stack and Eric idle.

Your scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes two-dimensional retinal images into the three-dimensional phenomenon known as perception. Yet you somehow brazenly declare that seeing is believing!

#16 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3983 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:39 AM

Terrible movie.

Those poor little tykes who wanted to see the characters from that silly cartoon in a film adventure were lured into a movie theatre where their Favorites like Optimus Prime, Ironhide and Starscream were slaughtered ruthlessly in the first twenty minutes. All because those nasty venom spewing writers and producers could work with Hollywood names like Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Orson Wells, Robert stack and Eric idle.

Yeah but would we still be here talking about all this if it wasn't for the movie in the first place? Maybe TF fandom would be as big as... M.A.S.K. or something like that? The movie was definitely *memorable* if nothing else -- due mostly to the radical change in setting and tone stemming from that desire to sell new toys.

#17 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:22 AM

And unlike some TF media these days, it wasn't afraid to shake up the status quo.

#18 DocChloroplast

DocChloroplast

I think you underestimate the depths of my pettiness

• Citizen
  • 1062 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:41 AM

And unlike some TF media these days, it wasn't afraid to shake up the status quo.

I think you're putting far too much faith into the storytelling aspect of these decisions. Hasbro wanted to push new product, plain and simple, and it took less than a year for the major changes to be reverted once fan backlash got strong enough.

dFdY.png

Magaroja on TFWiki | Buying POTP Prima Prime, either version

Rest in Peace our darling Rydia, 1998 - Sept. 2, 2018

#19 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:51 AM

I'm oddly lukewarm on this simply because I JUST watched it at TFcon. It wasn't in a theatre, but the room had some of the best audio I'd ever heard it presented in, which helped a lot. Still, if this is a) in Canada b) relatively close and c) I can assemble a crew of my friends, I'll go.

#20 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:18 AM

I think you're putting far too much faith into the storytelling aspect of these decisions. Hasbro wanted to push new product, plain and simple, and it took less than a year for the major changes to be reverted once fan backlash got strong enough.

Oh sure it was to get kids to buy all the new playsets and toys but it's still kinda ballsy in hindsight.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users