Got a spare Moonracer, dyed it black-ish, and spliced a leftover Apeface faceplate onto the back of the head.
Had to do some work countering warping that happened to the soles of the feet (metal pins plus lower melting point clear plastic equals bad experience in boiling dye), but I managed to cut off and realign enough bits to get it to mostly transform. ETA: I'd have preferred to more fully disassemble things, but the legs are almost entirely pinned together, and I didn't feel like pounding out all the pins and hoping I didn't gouge anything.
Here's the painted vehicle mode!
And since I got some neon blue paint specifically for this project, here it is under UV!
Still in progress, will start working on details on the robot mode tomorrow. Using the intended color scheme of black and dark blue, rather than the "it's the color runs we have set up" black and neon yellow seen in the BotCon 94 toy.
Edited by Dvandom, 01 August 2018 - 12:53 AM.