Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

@  Rycochet : (13 February 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Some Alternators were fine, then you have Grimlock/Wheeljack, with three transformers worth of fiddly and a giant buttflap.

@  Telly : (13 February 2021 - 01:49 AM)

thats the main reason i got rid of my alternators. too much of a pain to transform

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:13 AM)

Didn't use a hammer, but feeling a little less sentimental.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:12 AM)

(The video I found to get some hints had alcohol and a hammer, and by the time I was done, I understood why.)

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:11 AM)

I posted something about feeling all sentimental when I transformed alternators Smokescreen a few days ago...and tonight I tried transforming Grimlock.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:10 AM)

they don't taste great.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:10 AM)

I'm eating my words...

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

tec's bar still around after 9 years!

now with a licence

13063 replies to this topic

#21 tec

tec

Return of the Maxx

• Supporter
  • 33578 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

*snores loudly*

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#22 Helicopter Drone of Whirl

Helicopter Drone of Whirl

Minion of Madness & Mirth

• Citizen
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

*A drone starts digging in the wine cellar.*

Edited by Helicopter Drone of Whirl, 13 December 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#23 tec

tec

Return of the Maxx

• Supporter
  • 33578 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

*mumbels* stop all the racket

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#24 (Deactivated) Rogue Drone

(Deactivated) Rogue Drone
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

*A few rogue drones are scurrying around in the attic.*

#25 tec

tec

Return of the Maxx

• Supporter
  • 33578 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Rats....no I need RAATs or is it RATT? that G1 extermation squad from the Marvel comics...

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#26 (Deactivated) Rogue Drone

• Guests

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

*A rogue drone books Ratt to play at the bar.*

We're not calling those smegheads at RAAT though. They have terrible singing voices.

#27 tec

tec

Return of the Maxx

• Supporter
  • 33578 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

Oh yeah thats it

Though as a kid I had a RATT army Robots Agenst Transformer Terriorism it comprised of all my non TF robotic toys

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#28 SilverFirePrime

SilverFirePrime

And one more for Jenny and the Wimp

• Citizen
  • 3892 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(Rogue Drone @ Dec 14 2011, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Urrrghhh...thinking about that song gets me dizzy. To much to drink...I think I'm gonna...
icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif

When you find yourself standing on the brink of surrender, know that many in the past faced trials such as your own, but overcame them with their great conviction.
No matter the greatness of your desperation, the failures of your efforts, or the injustice of your treatment, at least a few men have stared into the same challenges and emerged victorious from these tests.
Such men are not only a great source of inspiration, but also the very foundation upon which modern society rests.

From lyric booklet of 'Starfall' by Dragonland

The mind. It boggles.
QUOTE(Alvatron!)
...what's a comicon without a roomful of drunken comic geeks singing showtunes to DDR?

#29 (Deactivated) Rogue Drone

• Guests

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(SilverFirePrime @ Dec 14 2011, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Rogue Drone @ Dec 14 2011, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Urrrghhh...thinking about that song gets me dizzy. To much to drink...I think I'm gonna...
icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif icon-kicker.gif

*A rogue drone backs a dump truck of saw dust to the window of the bar and floods the bar with saw dust.*

Is that enough???

#30 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63681 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:16 AM

Tec, Boose... I need a drink,

apparently its wrong to think wrong things are wrong in the bottalk forum- so in glorious allspark tradition I'm exodus-ing over here for a while.

Edited by Destron D-69, 15 December 2011 - 02:18 AM.

#31 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23138 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

*Dumps a bucket of scotch over Destron's head.*

...That help?

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#32 tec

tec

Return of the Maxx

• Supporter
  • 33578 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

*fills out paper work and supply sheets, bills the drones for the damage this week and calls a repair tech for the sign*

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#33 SilverFirePrime

SilverFirePrime

And one more for Jenny and the Wimp

• Citizen
  • 3892 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

I never want to have to spend two days digging out of sawdust AGAIN. I need something strong to erase my memory of it

When you find yourself standing on the brink of surrender, know that many in the past faced trials such as your own, but overcame them with their great conviction.
No matter the greatness of your desperation, the failures of your efforts, or the injustice of your treatment, at least a few men have stared into the same challenges and emerged victorious from these tests.
Such men are not only a great source of inspiration, but also the very foundation upon which modern society rests.

From lyric booklet of 'Starfall' by Dragonland

The mind. It boggles.
QUOTE(Alvatron!)
...what's a comicon without a roomful of drunken comic geeks singing showtunes to DDR?

#34 Helicopter Drone of Whirl

• Citizen
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(tec @ Dec 16 2011, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*fills out paper work and supply sheets, bills the drones for the damage this week and calls a repair tech for the sign*

*A drone looks over tec's shoulder.*

We sure hope that you are billing the right drones. The rogues have cause a lot more damage than we have.

#35 (Deactivated) Rogue Drone

• Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

*A rogue drone comes running out of the basement and slams the door behind him. Explosions and blaster fire can be heard coming from behind the closed door.*

I wouldn't go in there if I was you!

Oh and how much do those support beams down there support?

#36 Helicopter Drone of Whirl

• Citizen
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

*A drone quickly comes out of the basement and slams the door back behind him. Even more explosions and blaster fire can be heard from the other side of the door.*

It's worst than PnR in there!!!

#37 (Deactivated) Rogue Drone

• Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

*A rogue drone takes a phone call.*

What? What do you mean you lost tec's Death Star? How do you lose an actual Death Star in orbit?
No I think he will notice that you replaced it with a full sized Lego Death Star?
I think the fact that you ran out of gray bricks on the backside and it looks like Skittles peppered on back will be a dead give away.
Not to mention the whole how are they going to eat and breath.
Don't give me that it's just a thread and I should just relax!
No I didn't know that you could make an life support system out of Legos, plus an artificial gravity system.

*The rogue drone slams the phone and walks away.*

#38 tec

tec

Return of the Maxx

• Supporter
  • 33578 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

Put it all back and clean up the bathroom what did you do in there??

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#39 (Deactivated) Rogue Drone

• Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

*The rogue drone by the basement door speaks up.*

You don't want to go in there. It's a mad house and blaster fire everywhere. All over a really old argument.

#40 tec

tec

Return of the Maxx

• Supporter
  • 33578 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

you guys a swere i need like magical elves or something or none of you would even have the bar to play in

www.vintagenerdvana.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users