Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (05 October 2019 - 09:29 PM)

UNICRON GOT MADE, BOIS!!!

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:19 AM)

They seem to be treating all the games with the same reverence.Even ReCoded, which was just an excuse to redo the first game again.

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:18 AM)

For the first time in about eight years,I've played a Kingdom Hearts game.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 October 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Redjac Redjac Redjac

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

dual 4ks are the way to go

@  wonko the sane? : (04 October 2019 - 06:29 PM)

And checking: those monitors are REALLY expensive.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 October 2019 - 09:30 AM)

Eh, I'm happy with multiple 1080's personally.

@  Benbot : (03 October 2019 - 07:21 PM)

Everyone needs a 1440 monitor. Just set up my new battle station and I never knew how much I was missing!

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 October 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Each part of a combiner is a complete toy in itself, so no, not really.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (03 October 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Aren't combiners technically BAFs?

@  Rycochet : (03 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

The Anniversary Beast Wars figures had BAF parts over a decade ago, the minicons of RiD2 had BAF stuff too, heck, the Takara PVC line had Build A Figures back in the early 2000s.

@  Paladin : (03 October 2019 - 01:35 PM)

can't believe Build A Figures finally came to Transformers...

@  RichardT1977 : (03 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

Originally Galoob made Micro Machines, but Hasbro bought Galoob.

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 October 2019 - 09:49 AM)

Hasbro owns the IP, but licensed it out to WCT. Hasbro owns Tonka, but hasn't actually made a legit Tonka product in years. Basic Fun (IIRC) is taking that over next year from the existing licensee

Photo

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - James Gunn is Back!

137 replies to this topic

#81 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2686 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

... fine, "meatspace" then

#82 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28037 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

Can you imagine if this was applied to the real world?

"Remember that joke you made years and years ago?"
"...no?"
"Well that weirdo everybody ignores does, and he tattled to your boss and now they're firing you!"
"Ha ha"
"No seriously, here's your pink slip."

This is the real world. He really doesnt have a job any more.

Oh....oh my god.

Ironbite-the point flew over your head twice.

xC9l3eY.gif

#83 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1214 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:10 PM

... fine, "meatspace" then

This does happen? Grab em by the pussy. Billy Bush.
LOOKDOWN.png

#84 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

Can you imagine if this was applied to the real world?

"Remember that joke you made years and years ago?"
"...no?"
"Well that weirdo everybody ignores does, and he tattled to your boss and now they're firing you!"
"Ha ha"
"No seriously, here's your pink slip."

This is the real world. He really doesnt have a job any more.

Oh....oh my god.

Ironbite-the point flew over your head twice.

No, I got it. I just dont agree.

Compare a famous Director to a regular 9 to 5.

And even then, ppl with regular 9 to 5s who get exposed on social media risk losing their job too. I just had a training at work about this.

#85 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 28037 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

Make that three times now.  Just...wow.

Ironbite-how does that happen?

xC9l3eY.gif

#86 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 685 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:21 PM

Make that three times now.  Just...wow.

Ironbite-how does that happen?

Youre one of those ppl, that based on how you consistently post, your opinion means nothing to me.

All you can in this thread is RJNDIENSINSKSJSKND and wow...just wow man. All in defense of a man who made pedophile statements as terrible jokes.

I identify as liberal, I dont like %99 of conservatives, but I dont care who exposed what, if you said it, you said it.

#87 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 28037 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:04 PM

And he apologized for it, made amends for it, and has grown from it.  Do you not see how stupid the above situation is?  And let's not forget, this was an attack by the right wing because Gunn doesn't worship the ground Donald Trump pollutes on.  Keep in mind that these statements were known about when Gunn was hired by Disney for Vol. 1.  Keep in mind that that was brought up by the liberal wings and you know what happened?  Gunn addressed it and apologized for it.  What Disney has done is basically said that the voices of Neo-Nazis is more important to them.  That's a dangerous precedent to set man.  

Ironbite-but then you've had the point sail over your head three times now so....

xC9l3eY.gif

#88 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 685 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

And he apologized for it, made amends for it, and has grown from it.  Do you not see how stupid the above situation is?  And let's not forget, this was an attack by the right wing because Gunn doesn't worship the ground Donald Trump pollutes on.  Keep in mind that these statements were known about when Gunn was hired by Disney for Vol. 1.  Keep in mind that that was brought up by the liberal wings and you know what happened?  Gunn addressed it and apologized for it.  What Disney has done is basically said that the voices of Neo-Nazis is more important to them.  That's a dangerous precedent to set man.  

Ironbite-but then you've had the point sail over your head three times now so....

Unless Im mistaken, the offensive comments he apologized for already were different ones

LINK: https://www.google.c...sly-apologized/

Disney firing James Gunn isnt letting the Neo-Nazis win, its saying theyre a kids company and they dont want to be associated with those statements.

Dude was a grown ass man when he made those statements. LOL at grown from it...I find those statements abhorrent and I wonder what kind of bubble you have to live in to even consider saying that around your friends, much less on a personal platform.

When this happened on twitter, I went what a world we live in. How polarized do we have to be as a society that making those statements has to be a political issue.

Im not Republican, not a Neo-Nazi and those statements were tremendously creepy. And I was surprised at ppl saying hey, they were just bad jokes when they really didnt come off that way at all.

Im trying to keep it respectful because I know the mods will swoop in as soon as I say something even though youve been troll baiting this whole thread, but you need to chill out.

i wouldnt defend my own family if they made those statements. Id be like uh, yeah thats messed up, I dont know what the hell they were on.

Edited by Johnny Here, 29 August 2018 - 10:25 PM.

#89 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 28037 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

Well I can see there's no getting through to you.

Ironbite-enjoy my block list.

xC9l3eY.gif

#90 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5229 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

So apparently for some people you stop 'growing' as a person at a certain age. I keep seeing 'Was a grown man' thrown about.

You know three years ago or so when Fatal Frame V was announced to be digital only I called Nintendo incompetent fools that didn't want my money. Later I realized that no, while it sucks Fatal Frame isn't a big series in America, and the fact we got it at all was frankly more then I could hope for. I feel like a fool for thinking how I did back then.

That's kinda the thing here. Someone made a mistake and realized it. From everything I've read or heard they feel awful that such a thing ever happened in their life, but well it did. They can't change it, only work to make sure they never do such a stupid thing again. Which from also what I've heard, they've been doing a good job at.

But no, I guess to some there is no redemption. You make one mistake, say one stupid thing in your past, and that's it.

Those people are the ones who need to 'chill out'

I'm with those who think Gunn shouldn't have been fired. Clearly he knows how terrible what he said was, and wants to change into a better person. I think we should you know ENCOURAGE THAT, rather then punish it.

After all, everyone of us here has said something stupid in the past that one could call us out for. I don't see any benefit in doing so though.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#91 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32867 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Change, redemption, second-chances, forgiveness? BAH! That shit is for suckers, evidently.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#92 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1214 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:50 PM

Whether or not he changed doesn't matter at all.  All that matters is brand perception.  If people see the words "James Gunn" associated with the word "pedophile" and also the words "Disney" and "Marvel" then it negatively impacts the perception of the brand to the general public who doesn't give a damn what he said, when he said it, or how bad he feels about it.  All they care about is they saw the word "pedophile." And that's bad for making money.  No one will ever describe movie making better than Michael Eisner did.  They have no obligation to make history. They have no obligation to make art. They have no obligation to make a statement. To make money is the only objective. 

LOOKDOWN.png

#93 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:29 PM

So apparently for some people you stop 'growing' as a person at a certain age. I keep seeing 'Was a grown man' thrown about.

You know three years ago or so when Fatal Frame V was announced to be digital only I called Nintendo incompetent fools that didn't want my money. Later I realized that no, while it sucks Fatal Frame isn't a big series in America, and the fact we got it at all was frankly more then I could hope for. I feel like a fool for thinking how I did back then.

That's kinda the thing here. Someone made a mistake and realized it. From everything I've read or heard they feel awful that such a thing ever happened in their life, but well it did. They can't change it, only work to make sure they never do such a stupid thing again. Which from also what I've heard, they've been doing a good job at.

But no, I guess to some there is no redemption. You make one mistake, say one stupid thing in your past, and that's it.

Those people are the ones who need to 'chill out'

I'm with those who think Gunn shouldn't have been fired. Clearly he knows how terrible what he said was, and wants to change into a better person. I think we should you know ENCOURAGE THAT, rather then punish it.

After all, everyone of us here has said something stupid in the past that one could call us out for. I don't see any benefit in doing so though.

Just because you apologize and you did something years ago doesnt mean you shouldnt have to face consequences for your actions.

People crying but he apologized are the definition of entitlement.

And if I did something on that level of stupid, I would expect to take the hit.

Edited by Johnny Here, 30 August 2018 - 04:30 PM.

#94 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7237 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:28 PM

I think this thread needs to take a chill pill, let's all think on that.

Everyone has done or said things in their past that they're now ashamed of or would not choose to repeat today. Some of those people have apologised and tried to make amends. Some haven't. There's a fundamental question here about whether the concept of forgiveness can exist, and where we draw the lines if it can. 

I suspect that Disney ultimately takes a bigger hit in losing Gunn, and the goodwill of many fans and huge movie stars, than they would by saying "we agree Gunn said stupid things but that was a long time ago and he has moved beyond that so we will not appease the vindictive nutjobs who are transparently victimising him".

And it's blatantly obvious that there are people Disney has been happy to work with who have done much worse than Gunn. 

He made some extremely offensive jokes. I don't condone them at all. But if we're going to write people off forever even years after they've apologised and tried to be better, what do we have left in the end? Who can escape a blacklist that unforgiving? Is every human being really frozen forever at their worst? Is there no hope that people can grow and evolve and improve? That's a damn sad way to look at life. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#95 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5229 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:39 PM

Yeah Johnny, I've dealt with some stupid entitled people at my old job, and thanks to poor management, there were days I'd get so frustrated I'd lash out at them.

Should I be fired or written up now for something dumb I said six years ago? "Hey a friend of mine once took the last soda in my fridge about five years ago. Better make him pay for it today!"

I find your argument silly. Look dude, no one here is on your side okay? We don't agree with you. Accept that and let it go.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#96 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Yeah Johnny, I've dealt with some stupid entitled people at my old job, and thanks to poor management, there were days I'd get so frustrated I'd lash out at them.

Should I be fired or written up now for something dumb I said six years ago? "Hey a friend of mine once took the last soda in my fridge about five years ago. Better make him pay for it today!"

I find your argument silly. Look dude, no one here is on your side okay? We don't agree with you. Accept that and let it go.

Im just posting like everyone else. I havent been disrespectful.

And if youre a public figure, who says something MASSIVELY against the companies values, then yes, you should expect be fired. People get fired for less every day.

Edited by Johnny Here, 30 August 2018 - 07:10 PM.

#97 Doin It To Ham

Doin It To Ham

HAMHOLE

• Supporter
  • 4289 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:40 PM

http://ew.com/movies...he-galaxy-films

Response from Gunn.

...I make jokes like that or worse ALL THE TIME. This is pathetic.

#98 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 734 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:41 AM

He could have told those jokes yesterday, and I'd still think it was wrong to fire him. Not because I care about the quality of Marvel films or about his career, but because it's just jokes, and because capitulating to an unrepentant rapist piece of shit like Cernovich is wrong in just about any way you care to debate.

#99 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12293 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

And if youre a public figure, who says something MASSIVELY against the companies values, then yes, you should expect be fired.

that'll be news to Johnny Depp then...

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#100 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6686 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:58 AM

Uh, I'm on his side. Mostly.

I love guns movies. Have since Slither. His tweets were not funny, but I don't condem any comedian for making a joke that may be too "offensive".

That said if you can't see this is a reasonable, if not smart move on Disneys part you have blinders on. I think the largest amount of backlash comes from this being "what the alt right/nazis wanted" if the "SJW left" hadexposed him for rape jokes I think he would have far less support.

If you have a very public employee, working for your very family targeted company that is currently making big news, right now, for publicly expresing very non family friendly things you need to get rid of them. This is not Disney bowing to them, this is them finally getting a check mate with one of there stupid goofy back lash attempts.

I assure you if the Papa John incident was the same except the public found out it happened 10 years ago, that guy would still be gone.

Also the shouting down of hare for expressing a perfectly reasonable opinion, while tame for other boards, is really off putting and out of character for the Allspark, especially outside of P&R.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users