Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

Photo

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - James Gunn is Back!

137 replies to this topic

#61 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10486 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:07 PM

Honestly, I think it's a shame Nathan Fillian's appearances in the two films were either overlaid with CGI or cut. Given the chance, he'd probably put his name on that too.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#62 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62190 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:05 AM

be nice if they said they'd not do another one without him, but studio contracts are what they are 

#63 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7241 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, I doubt they have a lot of choice at this point. I'm sure there must be some power they can exercise though. Not that I'm saying them being naughty to get Gunn back is definitely the right path to take. But. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#64 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9816 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:34 PM

https://www.hollywoo...-firing-1137400

Production of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is reportedly on hold.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#65 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10666 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

All because of a bunch of A-holes.

I hope DIsney isn't really dumb enough to let this kill one of their most popular series in the MCU. I thought the Black Widow film might be the MCU's first big misstep, but I think this one will take that prize if they don't course correct soon.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 25 August 2018 - 07:54 PM.

#66 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4586 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:43 PM

At this stage, I think Disney may be holding for the fuss to blow over.  I mean, they SURELY realize that they were played by trolls, but backing out of Gunn's firing would make them appear weak and apt to feed the trolls to attack Disney over being "okay" with Gunn's old remarks.

However, but "keeping to their guns", they've put a key Marvel franchise at risk over being, well, being trolled on the internet.

Considering there have been no real rumors in regards to replacing Gunn...I'm half expecting Disney to just push Guardians 3 back a year and quietly restart production in early 2020 with existing crew called back for a release in the summer of 21.

#67 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10486 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:16 AM

At this stage, I think Disney may be holding for the fuss to blow over.  I mean, they SURELY realize that they were played by trolls, but backing out of Gunn's firing would make them appear weak and apt to feed the trolls to attack Disney over being "okay" with Gunn's old remarks.

However, but "keeping to their guns", they've put a key Marvel franchise at risk over being, well, being trolled on the internet.

Considering there have been no real rumors in regards to replacing Gunn...I'm half expecting Disney to just push Guardians 3 back a year and quietly restart production in early 2020 with existing crew called back for a release in the summer of 21.

Unfortunately at this point, they're letting the trolls win by not going ahead with production as planned. Still, better a delay than a cancellation.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#68 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28634 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

The Gunn thing is tricky for me. I understand especially why post-Weinstein they don't want to let this slide and especially not back down because a bunch of big name actors are telling them to. There's also some questions about what these old comments and people he was in conversation reveal about him which might still count today.

On the other hand, in a world where increasing numbers of young men are deciding it's best to give up on anything and just become far right trolls I agree with those saying Gunn sent a message about changing your life for the better which is needed. Across the political spectrum there are calls to damn people forever but if we're going to actually change the shit show we've ended up with there needs to be visible true stories of people who were scummy, turned it around and became welcomed successes. 

I doubt this will change though. Gunn is hardly the first creative the MCU factory has chewed up and spat out, nor will he be the last.

• 000 likes this

#69 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1268 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, there are so many people from the far left and far right who just try to find anything someone did in the past so they can say "gotcha!"  A very few may actually deserve it, but so many are in the area of "let bygones be bygones."

And one celebrity I can think of seems to have done the "turn around" thing, and that is Marky Mark.  He was a gangbanger in Boston, assulted people, called people slurs, went to jail, continued to have a few other controversies, but has since turned his life around and has become successful since then, and nothing has seemingly been detrimental since the "trend" has started over the past few years.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#70 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36422 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

Or they're just gonna keep it 'On Hiatus' till everyone forgets about it all together, and not worry about it either way.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#71 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25306 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

Yeah, there are so many people from the far left and far right who just try to find anything someone did in the past so they can say "gotcha!"  A very few may actually deserve it, but so many are in the area of "let bygones be bygones."

And one celebrity I can think of seems to have done the "turn around" thing, and that is Marky Mark.  He was a gangbanger in Boston, assulted people, called people slurs, went to jail, continued to have a few other controversies, but has since turned his life around and has become successful since then, and nothing has seemingly been detrimental since the "trend" has started over the past few years.

But then he did Transformers and well...
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#72 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21148 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:33 AM

**** Mike Cernovich. May he die broke, alone, and hated by everyone.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#73 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14606 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:37 AM

If you watch the director's roundtable on the "Avengers: Infinity War" home release, Gunn mentions writing a lot of different stories and planning with Feige for the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Feige has said as much in interviews. I think Gunn being removed is a domino drop that we'll feel cascading through the future of the MCU.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 27 August 2018 - 10:40 AM.

Yep.

#74 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32870 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

I've expressed that exact concern, but I didn't know he'd written more stories/outlines. So yeah, this worries me.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#75 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62190 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

at some point, I hope the world gets past this craziness and we can go back to punishing people for actual crimes... not words on the internet from decades ago  

#76 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65831 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

I remember reading he wrote the Drax invisible joke.

ACItEK8.png

#77 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:42 AM

at some point, I hope the world gets past this craziness and we can go back to punishing people for actual crimes... not words on the internet from decades ago  

Dude made child molestation jokes(not really) and he works for Disney...dude brought that on himself. It was years ago but he was old enough to know better.

#78 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28055 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:23 PM

HE MADE THE JOKES YEARS AGO, APOLOGIZED FOR THEM WHEN SOMEONE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM BROUGHT THEM UP WHEN HE WAS FIRST HIRED AND THEN SOME NEO-NAZI SCUMBAG DUG THEM BACK UP!  JESUS!

Ironbite-*goes supernova*

xC9l3eY.gif

#79 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2690 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

Can you imagine if this was applied to the real world?

"Remember that joke you made years and years ago?"
"...no?"
"Well that weirdo everybody ignores does, and he tattled to your boss and now they're firing you!"
"Ha ha"
"No seriously, here's your pink slip."

#80 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

Can you imagine if this was applied to the real world?

"Remember that joke you made years and years ago?"
"...no?"
"Well that weirdo everybody ignores does, and he tattled to your boss and now they're firing you!"
"Ha ha"
"No seriously, here's your pink slip."

This is the real world. He really doesnt have a job any more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users