Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

@  Rycochet : (17 June 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Wouldn't Mario be the one spun off from the Donkey Kong franchise, given that Kong was first?

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more Mario characters even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

Photo

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - James Gunn is Back!

138 replies to this topic

#61 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10223 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:07 PM

Honestly, I think it's a shame Nathan Fillian's appearances in the two films were either overlaid with CGI or cut. Given the chance, he'd probably put his name on that too.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#62 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

FF7 sold me another Playstation

• Supporter
  • 61298 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:05 AM

be nice if they said they'd not do another one without him, but studio contracts are what they are 

"Does the Boss look different to you?" "She Looks Hot." "So that's a no then?"

#63 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6904 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, I doubt they have a lot of choice at this point. I'm sure there must be some power they can exercise though. Not that I'm saying them being naughty to get Gunn back is definitely the right path to take. But. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#64 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9399 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:34 PM

https://www.hollywoo...-firing-1137400

Production of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is reportedly on hold.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#65 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10597 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

All because of a bunch of A-holes.

I hope DIsney isn't really dumb enough to let this kill one of their most popular series in the MCU. I thought the Black Widow film might be the MCU's first big misstep, but I think this one will take that prize if they don't course correct soon.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 25 August 2018 - 07:54 PM.

#66 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4457 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:43 PM

At this stage, I think Disney may be holding for the fuss to blow over.  I mean, they SURELY realize that they were played by trolls, but backing out of Gunn's firing would make them appear weak and apt to feed the trolls to attack Disney over being "okay" with Gunn's old remarks.

However, but "keeping to their guns", they've put a key Marvel franchise at risk over being, well, being trolled on the internet.

Considering there have been no real rumors in regards to replacing Gunn...I'm half expecting Disney to just push Guardians 3 back a year and quietly restart production in early 2020 with existing crew called back for a release in the summer of 21.

#67 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10223 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:16 AM

At this stage, I think Disney may be holding for the fuss to blow over.  I mean, they SURELY realize that they were played by trolls, but backing out of Gunn's firing would make them appear weak and apt to feed the trolls to attack Disney over being "okay" with Gunn's old remarks.

However, but "keeping to their guns", they've put a key Marvel franchise at risk over being, well, being trolled on the internet.

Considering there have been no real rumors in regards to replacing Gunn...I'm half expecting Disney to just push Guardians 3 back a year and quietly restart production in early 2020 with existing crew called back for a release in the summer of 21.

Unfortunately at this point, they're letting the trolls win by not going ahead with production as planned. Still, better a delay than a cancellation.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#68 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28289 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

The Gunn thing is tricky for me. I understand especially why post-Weinstein they don't want to let this slide and especially not back down because a bunch of big name actors are telling them to. There's also some questions about what these old comments and people he was in conversation reveal about him which might still count today.

On the other hand, in a world where increasing numbers of young men are deciding it's best to give up on anything and just become far right trolls I agree with those saying Gunn sent a message about changing your life for the better which is needed. Across the political spectrum there are calls to damn people forever but if we're going to actually change the shit show we've ended up with there needs to be visible true stories of people who were scummy, turned it around and became welcomed successes. 

I doubt this will change though. Gunn is hardly the first creative the MCU factory has chewed up and spat out, nor will he be the last.

#69 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1161 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, there are so many people from the far left and far right who just try to find anything someone did in the past so they can say "gotcha!"  A very few may actually deserve it, but so many are in the area of "let bygones be bygones."

And one celebrity I can think of seems to have done the "turn around" thing, and that is Marky Mark.  He was a gangbanger in Boston, assulted people, called people slurs, went to jail, continued to have a few other controversies, but has since turned his life around and has become successful since then, and nothing has seemingly been detrimental since the "trend" has started over the past few years.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#70 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36090 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

Or they're just gonna keep it 'On Hiatus' till everyone forgets about it all together, and not worry about it either way.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#71 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25126 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

Yeah, there are so many people from the far left and far right who just try to find anything someone did in the past so they can say "gotcha!"  A very few may actually deserve it, but so many are in the area of "let bygones be bygones."

And one celebrity I can think of seems to have done the "turn around" thing, and that is Marky Mark.  He was a gangbanger in Boston, assulted people, called people slurs, went to jail, continued to have a few other controversies, but has since turned his life around and has become successful since then, and nothing has seemingly been detrimental since the "trend" has started over the past few years.

But then he did Transformers and well...
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#72 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 20981 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:33 AM

**** Mike Cernovich. May he die broke, alone, and hated by everyone.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#73 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14581 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:37 AM

If you watch the director's roundtable on the "Avengers: Infinity War" home release, Gunn mentions writing a lot of different stories and planning with Feige for the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Feige has said as much in interviews. I think Gunn being removed is a domino drop that we'll feel cascading through the future of the MCU.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 27 August 2018 - 10:40 AM.

Yep.

#74 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32686 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

I've expressed that exact concern, but I didn't know he'd written more stories/outlines. So yeah, this worries me.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#75 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

FF7 sold me another Playstation

• Supporter
  • 61298 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

at some point, I hope the world gets past this craziness and we can go back to punishing people for actual crimes... not words on the internet from decades ago  

"Does the Boss look different to you?" "She Looks Hot." "So that's a no then?"

#76 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64826 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

I remember reading he wrote the Drax invisible joke.

ACItEK8.png

#77 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:42 AM

at some point, I hope the world gets past this craziness and we can go back to punishing people for actual crimes... not words on the internet from decades ago  

Dude made child molestation jokes(not really) and he works for Disney...dude brought that on himself. It was years ago but he was old enough to know better.

#78 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27636 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:23 PM

HE MADE THE JOKES YEARS AGO, APOLOGIZED FOR THEM WHEN SOMEONE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM BROUGHT THEM UP WHEN HE WAS FIRST HIRED AND THEN SOME NEO-NAZI SCUMBAG DUG THEM BACK UP!  JESUS!

Ironbite-*goes supernova*

xC9l3eY.gif

#79 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2580 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

Can you imagine if this was applied to the real world?

"Remember that joke you made years and years ago?"
"...no?"
"Well that weirdo everybody ignores does, and he tattled to your boss and now they're firing you!"
"Ha ha"
"No seriously, here's your pink slip."

#80 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

Can you imagine if this was applied to the real world?

"Remember that joke you made years and years ago?"
"...no?"
"Well that weirdo everybody ignores does, and he tattled to your boss and now they're firing you!"
"Ha ha"
"No seriously, here's your pink slip."

This is the real world. He really doesnt have a job any more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users